Forums

Drift Motion - 1st September - a day of Drift at ARC

Official Drifting Forum

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Re: Drift Motion - 1st September - a day of Drift at ARC

Postby AutoSport » August 30th, 2013, 4:37 pm

swag wrote:MG Man, you are 100% correct with everything you have said!

Autosport has brought a certain level of structure and organization to motorsport, something that was needed. Once sponsors see this, they are attracted to becoming involved not only in the event but with the racers as well.

And the major point here is....."not only in the event but with the racers as well"

And this is where we shall continue to focus.

We shall be coming out with separate release on young driver Kristian Boodoosingh, developed in Karting, and then coming into D&W and doing great in both.

As a result we... both AutoSport and Karting, nominated him for a Government-Sponsored Award in the Sphere of Sport for young achievers.

He WON the AWARD for SPORT!

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 30th, 2013, 5:58 pm

Awesome! You might go so far as to say young Christian's state of performance is an art!

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » September 1st, 2013, 7:48 pm

What a fantastic turnout today from vehicles (30 plus) to all drift groups (TTDA, DWO & DP) to spectators.

Well done to all organizers! This is unity in motorsports at its finest.

Imagine this is their 1st event and they had so much support.

optimisticcharlie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby optimisticcharlie » September 1st, 2013, 7:55 pm

Was bess i mus say totally impressed n well done guys

Ronaldo9
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ronaldo9 » September 1st, 2013, 9:32 pm

was relllllllll good, but i hear men cussin and saying that it had more talk than drifting, Older heads said that though. i thoroughly enjoyed it, next one shud be awesome!!!

optimisticcharlie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby optimisticcharlie » September 1st, 2013, 9:35 pm

Well it did hav sum talkin but dats the judges were stickin n one or 2 of the men had registration issues but the drifting didnt dissapoint, i had rubber all in my eyes at a point in time

Tsuchiya
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Tsuchiya » September 1st, 2013, 9:43 pm

we are just glad for the support and the positive feedback. Despite being grossly undermanned as competing drivers were training, setting up and maintaining courses, planning, etc; and also having a few challenges that broke up the flow a little throughout the evening, we are just happy to have gotten the opportunity. Our interaction with Autosport has put us where we are today and hopefully its only just the beginning. Its our 1st standalone drift day practice and competition and there were expected to have a few teething problems, which will lessen with every experience.
A big thank you to Autosport for giving us the support and also to everyone that came out (spectators and drivers alike) and we hope that this is but the bud of something great.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » September 1st, 2013, 10:55 pm

And from AutoSport, we again repeat our commitment to assist anyone and any BODY that is serious about building MotorSport in T&T.

We show that in our D&W Events, with the many competitors from the various disciples that participate in our Events. In our working with the Mayor and burgesses of Arima in the staging of their fun Box Kart Derby, and going as far as St. Lucia in the staging of their International Drag Racing Events over the past three years.

Our commitment ensures a guarantee of the highest standards, and this is reflected by the organizers of the Internationally acclaimed Meguiar’s Car show with their invitation to join forces with us, in their 2013 Event which, for all intents and purposes, should be coming off on the 6th October at the National Stadium in Port of Spain.

And this will be followed by another big Event when we also join forces with one of the biggest Media Conglomerates to raise funds for the Cancer Society in November – this will be a celebrity D&W Event with our top sporting and media personalities being the main competitors. We shall have the points leaders from our D&W Championship also racing in this Event.

And in all of these events we welcome the TTDA drifting team to participate with us.

This first Drifting Event did have some challenges, which we have already started to identify and we shall jointly work to improve as we move forward.

We thank Lube Tech, Monster, Kaizen Trading, the competitors, our scrutineering team, and all who supported in any way to make this event the success that it was.

Congrats to TTDA for their efforts to bring all parties together, and we know that this is just the tip of the iceberg!
Last edited by AutoSport on September 1st, 2013, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

optimisticcharlie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby optimisticcharlie » September 1st, 2013, 10:59 pm

Nice well we r glad to b apart of something great whether support or compete

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » September 1st, 2013, 11:41 pm

...something that needs to be addressed......badly..

http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=526696

...ASPL take note....

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » September 2nd, 2013, 12:52 am

because personal responsibility says "aye lemme tell someone else, and make it their responsibility?
why not take it to the law?

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » September 2nd, 2013, 1:12 am

...take it to what law....yuh forget where we living....and highlighted because it will affect bodies tryin to build a sport where the power that be doesn't see 4 tyres as anything but a consumable.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » September 2nd, 2013, 1:15 am

much like the man who pulls on another driver, then shows the video where the other driver retaliates and pulls on him, there are three sides to every story. but feel free to run with the one thats more comfortable to you.

*flashes back to bans on anyone spotted on the cross, compared to evo vs evo on the foreshore.*

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » September 2nd, 2013, 1:18 am

I will......*..sits in PP car park waiting for the rain to fall...*..

Ronaldo9
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ronaldo9 » September 2nd, 2013, 8:18 am

The man with the 910 bluebird was the highlight, i expected awesomeness and well....... we all saw what took place. LOL.

optimisticcharlie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby optimisticcharlie » September 2nd, 2013, 9:58 am

Yea the 910 looked great but he was a newbie and was his first time so i wasnt a bit annoyed i totally support him, as for the post with the dirty proj guy speeding wrong i wrong an its against the law a at the same time i have done exactly what they did on many occasions, blame it in the adrenaline rush i guess and having a successful show i know how they may feel, its a level of immaturity on my behalf and on theirs and many of us, and on the other hand its jus being bad once in a while and not giving a sheit but bottom line its wrong and possibly endangering others.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 2nd, 2013, 10:17 am

wagonrunner wrote:because personal responsibility says "aye lemme tell someone else, and make it their responsibility?

I think what wagon r is alluding to is the need for organizers to at least advise competitors that any reports of behaviour that will cast a bad light on the sport will be looked at, with the option to apply penalties to such competitors if proof of such behaviour exists
Remember, so many people have worked so hard to bring things to where the are....it would be a shame, for example, for a sponsor to pull out because competitors casting them in a bad light due to assness after an event.........

optimisticcharlie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby optimisticcharlie » September 2nd, 2013, 10:21 am

MG Man wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:because personal responsibility says "aye lemme tell someone else, and make it their responsibility?

I think what wagon r is alluding to is the need for organizers to at least advise competitors that any reports of behaviour that will cast a bad light on the sport will be looked at, with the option to apply penalties to such competitors if proof of such behaviour exists
Remember, so many people have worked so hard to bring things to where the are....it would be a shame, for example, for a sponsor to pull out because competitors casting them in a bad light due to assness after an event.........

That makes total sense and dis is is y we got the car park in the first place to avoid on the road so dat may control the adrenaline

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » September 2nd, 2013, 12:13 pm

MG Man wrote:

I personally would like to congratulate (TTDA), Ian and his team along with AutoSport for a welcomed fist time alliance to produce a day of Drift, fun and excitement for all in attendance. Please do not be dismay over issues in your first event, learn from it and press on to even better and more improved events in the future.

NOW, this is for those DIRTY ONES who after a full bellyful day of drift, that were trying hard to convinced some of us how indiscipline you were, rest assured we believe you without a doubt.

My advice to you is, any driver or organisation that believes they don't need others to compete you are mistaken. The behavior was ridiculous despite official intervention, if you are in protest of something please do it in Freeport, rather than raining on TTDA's first parade. A little reminder, just as a sponsor was lost so too would eventually be the public who voiced their opinions openly on Sunday, GOOD LUCK IN SELF DESTRUCTION.

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » September 2nd, 2013, 9:41 pm

Event was good for the initial.
Autosport has done great once again.
TTDA........wish you all the best brothers.

Judging can be improved on, but as I said initial event was good.

As for the Dirty Projects people, you guys could have done better.
The speed limit is there for a reason, use it.
The fact that you had a full day of drifting, and then some (freestyle after the event in the car park) and you still ended up doing crap on the nations roads shows that your entire club needs to mature some more.

But I do hope that all can learn form this event and do better thereafter.
I also hope the sponsors stay and more join in on the fun.

Rawle, seems like your warning to drivers to be safe on the roads after the event went unheard for some.
Suggest you re visit for next event.

Can't wait for the next one, and especially for Octobers D&W.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » September 2nd, 2013, 10:39 pm

MG Man wrote:

moti wrote:Rawle, seems like your warning to drivers to be safe on the roads after the event went unheard for some.
Suggest you re visit for next event..

This is just to confirm that we did speak to all drivers prior to competition indicating that we expect the best behaviour from all participants. The display by some at the end of the event leaves a lot to be desired.

The reports of what some may have been done on our highways on their journey back home is even worse. We are getting feedback on what actually transpired and who was involved and will take a strong position on this. Too much hard work is taking place and all parties must comply at ALL times.

WE have shown that we can be very decisive and take action against anyone, no one being too big to feel the brunt of our action. And we shall not hesitate to repeat such action!

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » September 2nd, 2013, 10:57 pm

moti wrote:Rawle, seems like your warning to drivers to be safe on the roads after the event went unheard for some.
Suggest you re visit for next event..

This is just to confirm that we did speak to all drivers prior to competition indicating that we expect the best behaviour from al participants. The display by some at the end of the event leaves a lot to be desired.

The reports of what some may have been done on our highways on their journey back home is even worse. We are getting feedback on what actually transpired and who was involved and will take a strong position on this. Too much hard work is taking place and all parties must comply at ALL times.

WE have shown that we can be very decisive and take action against anyone, no one being too big to feel the brunt of our action. And we shall not hesitate to repeat such action![/quote]

Just to let the Dirty Ones know all the sponsors have heard about this including the above Mr. AutoSport who is the President of the TTAA mobility linked to the transport Ministry for our nations roads. Police now have a new bulls eye.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » September 2nd, 2013, 11:03 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:Police now have a new bulls eye.

and therein lies my issue.
only some ever seem worthy of such. do carry on yes

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » September 3rd, 2013, 10:32 am

This, unfortunately, is one of the reasons I am afraid to bring my son to these events. Solodex? not a problem. I don't see why the assness has to take place after an enjoyable and safe day.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 3rd, 2013, 2:35 pm

just leave a little early, before the crowd does
the events themselves usually have good vibes

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » September 3rd, 2013, 5:02 pm

MG Man wrote:just leave a little early, before the crowd does
the events themselves usually have good vibes

But Sir, this is running away from the problem.

And We have no intention of allowing the few who may wish to stay in their own undisciplined little world to affect the majority, and this is exactly what is happening on our roads on a daily basis.

Will collar and address this few vigorously!

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 3rd, 2013, 5:28 pm

I hear ya. But that's been my routine for years of drags and car shows, fetes etc. leave before the crowd. Sadly this stupidity is not new. Back in the early days of dex, drags would clash on occasion. On those mornings, I would be clocking a brisk 80-90kph in the HSR, and be harassed by 'racers' on the way to drags, sometimes after drags too. Got cuss a couple times for not taking the bait. If it's not competitors, it's gonna be spectators :-/

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » September 3rd, 2013, 6:26 pm

MG Man wrote:I hear ya. But that's been my routine for years of drags and car shows, fetes etc. leave before the crowd. Sadly this stupidity is not new. Back in the early days of dex, drags would clash on occasion. On those mornings, I would be clocking a brisk 80-90kph in the HSR, and be harassed by 'racers' on the way to drags, sometimes after drags too. Got cuss a couple times for not taking the bait. If it's not competitors, it's gonna be spectators :-/

And what happened on the way home after the Drift Event, is what used to happen after Drags at Waller Field. And the solution then was to have police at several points on the way down the road.

And this we can address at the track by having the Police paid and staying for extra hours after the Event. And also on the roads around ARC.

Everyone must recognize that the few idiots can affect the many good Clubs and competitors who just wish to build and develop the Sport.

And I repeat we shall address this issue vigorously.

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » September 3rd, 2013, 9:16 pm

AutoSport wrote:.

And I repeat we shall address this issue vigorously.

It's a good thing I come to spectate in the Tiida yes, I am positive I can't get blamed for any reckless driving before/during or after an event. :lol:

:|

MarcMaximus
Riding on 13's

Postby MarcMaximus » September 3rd, 2013, 10:06 pm

Advertisement

Return to “TTDA - T&T Drift Association”