this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Re: Opposition files motion to remove President of T&T from Office

Postby sam1978 » October 24th, 2021, 8:59 am

MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:All this yapping and UNC is still unimportant.
Max,

You are right UNC not important now but take a long look at who is important atm and what they actually accomplished, red government has failed this country for the 6 years given to them by the ppl, recently. Can you really sit there and say ,"Rowley doing a good job", how long can you continue lying to yourself and denying the truth?

Jason,

I have to agree with you.

I’m not saying that Rowley is doing good job, i’m just saying it’s better than Kamla. If the red govt has failed, the UNC would have failed more.

Kamla wanted to open up the country before the major spike in deaths/cases. We would have been dead by now and unable to recover in this pandemic.

Don’t deny yourself the truth youngman.

Btw, in my city of Point Fortin, we have never seen this much improvement and growth all thanks to His Grace, Kennedy Richards Jr.

This is my first time voting PNM and im NOT going back to the UNC unless they start showing some stability.

Max . I do believe you should stay with the PNM. You have the mentality for it. Btw, I never knew Pt. Fortin was a City . Thanks for the info.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » October 24th, 2021, 9:11 am

It's not a city. It's the smallest borough in South Trinidad.

Max is too stupid to know that. He best go to Venezuela since he knows absolutely nothing about Trinidad

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 24th, 2021, 9:20 am

matr1x wrote:It's not a city. It's the smallest borough in South Trinidad.

Max is too stupid to know that. He best go to Venezuela since he knows absolutely nothing about Trinidad

IF, he was from Point he WOULD know that.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » October 24th, 2021, 9:23 am

sam1978 wrote:

IF, he was from Point he WOULD know that.

The only point MaxPower knows is the vene iron he taking

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Opposition files motion to remove President of T&T from Office

Postby MaxPower » October 24th, 2021, 9:28 am

Don’t overthink it fellas.

It’s MY city.

Allyuh want to be specific on city and borough and country etc and don’t even have respect for any.

Is T&T a country or a sheithole?
Last edited by MaxPower on October 24th, 2021, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 24th, 2021, 9:30 am

MaxPower wrote:Don’t overthink it fellas.

It’s MY city.
Max,

Look at your roads in pt. Fortin, are you are happy , look at the development or lack thereof are you contented with such, come on man dont you think your community deserves better?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Opposition files motion to remove President of T&T from Office

Postby MaxPower » October 24th, 2021, 9:32 am

hover11 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Don’t overthink it fellas.

It’s MY city.
Max,

Look at your roads in pt. Fortin, are you are happy , look at the development or lack thereof are you contented with such, come on man dont you think your community deserves better?

Jason,

Not totally happy, but we are seeing improvement.

And yes, my city deserves better.

Btw we don’t have to BEG our MP like some of these Trinis here. Emails and letters and shouting etc like some hooligans.

Btw,…..referring to Point Fortin as a “City” is our little joke….but those NOT from Point won’t get it.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 24th, 2021, 9:38 am

Slim,

Where you from?

What has your WOFT MP done for you?

Tell me lies now because you are too ashamed of the truth.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 24th, 2021, 9:40 am

Max don't like black ppl but he lives in their heathland.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » October 24th, 2021, 10:01 am

MaxPower wrote:

Slim,

Where you from?

Close enough to know your mudda is a heavy sleeper but snores. Buy the lady a proper mattress nah. Dat sponge is a real shame

bamfo_dennis
Sweet on this forum

Postby bamfo_dennis » October 24th, 2021, 10:04 am

quick max, do a reverse troll so it will look like to only yourself that you pwned him while everybody will just continue knowing dat ur a cont.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 24th, 2021, 10:07 am

matr1x wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Slim,

Where you from?

Close enough to know your mudda is a heavy sleeper but snores. Buy the lady a proper mattress nah. Dat sponge is a real shame

Ok Slim, thanks for confirming your MP treats you like the piece fat of sheit you are. You deserve it.

No need to take out your frustration here.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 24th, 2021, 10:08 am

bamfo_dennis wrote:quick max, do a reverse troll so it will look like to only yourself that you pwned him while everybody will just continue knowing dat ur a cont.

Hey bamcee boy

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 24th, 2021, 11:36 am

zoom rader wrote:Max don't like black ppl but he lives in their heathland.

Max lie. He is not a Point Fortin resident. He is from Isle Of Man. Say it fast.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 24th, 2021, 12:17 pm

sam1978 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Max don't like black ppl but he lives in their heathland.

Max lie. He is not a Point Fortin resident. He is from Isle Of Man. Say it fast.

I from the Isle of Man.

Happy?

PNM still in power.

UNC is a failure.

Venes are here to stay.

What’s the plan now?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 24th, 2021, 12:20 pm

Kamla lucky it eh six and out.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 24th, 2021, 1:11 pm

Redman wrote:So....it's a presumption of guilt cuz it's the Prez .

What is this allowable mech?
How is it allowable ?

It's either we following the constitution to the letter or we not.

So follow it wrt the PSC not being allowed to withdraw the letter...and impeach the Prez.

But use descretion where there is none to allow a debate to take place at a premature stage.?

There are gaps in the constitution to be filled.

No it's a presumption because the people to tell us, Bliss, Weekes and allegedly JUHN Scarfy will never say. Weekes flatly refused in her month long delayed "statement" and JackArse Juhn Sacarfy only talking sheit about "I did my duty" both seeming to concede they knew, but basically fack T&T.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 24th, 2021, 1:13 pm

j.o.e wrote:UNC trying to be relevant and still taking those L’s.
I am no constitutional expert but based on all the arguments put forward why do UNC supporters think a debate was necessary or even allowed under the circumstances?
If the UNC was successful in the vote the president would be judged by a tribunal …… then what would be the benefit of a debate where anything could be said under parliamentary privilege during the debate ?

The people have a right to know the facts of the matter. The paucity and outright concealment of information leads to speculation which undermines our already shaky institutions.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 24th, 2021, 1:16 pm

Gladiator wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:Assuming that this defeat was an erosion on democracy, what is the next step to investigate the allegation?

In other countries with people that care about their future and democracy there would be public pressure, protests, revolution etc...

This is a very serious issue where there is obvious collusion between the President, the Prime Minister and the PNM govt, the speaker of the house and the so called independent bench to avert a discussion/debate on the matter at hand. This type of action reeks of guilt and cover up.

As Winford James said this morning, the Parliament should support the need for transparency and the getting to the truth instead of banding together to cover it up. This entire event shows that there is no real democracy in Trinidad. Election is just to elect your puppet into the chair and anything goes afterwards.

I pity those who just see the matter as a UNC blunder or ploy to fire the President. Its so much bigger than that. If for nothing, at least next time, Rowley and Weeks would think twice before they collude to corrupt a process. Also it was great to see them panic and sweat bullets when they got called out...lol

When the shoe is on the other foot, I hope all those LFD RFD PNM sycophantic sheep like Colos and joe could either say it's the law, /the Constitution/ PNM take ah L or hush dey kant.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 24th, 2021, 1:21 pm

De Dragon wrote:
j.o.e wrote:UNC trying to be relevant and still taking those L’s.
I am no constitutional expert but based on all the arguments put forward why do UNC supporters think a debate was necessary or even allowed under the circumstances?
If the UNC was successful in the vote the president would be judged by a tribunal …… then what would be the benefit of a debate where anything could be said under parliamentary privilege during the debate ?

The people have a right to know the facts of the matter. The paucity and outright concealment of information leads to speculation which undermines our already shaky institutions.
Don't study Joe, his true colours showed as a Cont. Hes in contention for Tun Tun of the year award.

People like these are dangerous to society and are the reason why we are in this mess.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 25th, 2021, 7:28 am

De Dragon wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:Assuming that this defeat was an erosion on democracy, what is the next step to investigate the allegation?

In other countries with people that care about their future and democracy there would be public pressure, protests, revolution etc...

This is a very serious issue where there is obvious collusion between the President, the Prime Minister and the PNM govt, the speaker of the house and the so called independent bench to avert a discussion/debate on the matter at hand. This type of action reeks of guilt and cover up.

As Winford James said this morning, the Parliament should support the need for transparency and the getting to the truth instead of banding together to cover it up. This entire event shows that there is no real democracy in Trinidad. Election is just to elect your puppet into the chair and anything goes afterwards.

I pity those who just see the matter as a UNC blunder or ploy to fire the President. Its so much bigger than that. If for nothing, at least next time, Rowley and Weeks would think twice before they collude to corrupt a process. Also it was great to see them panic and sweat bullets when they got called out...lol

When the shoe is on the other foot, I hope all those LFD RFD PNM sycophantic sheep like Colos and joe could either say it's the law, /the Constitution/ PNM take ah L or hush dey kant.

No need to be petulant
We survived Wade Mark lying on the chair to suppress debate ...where were your democracy ded howls then?

In those countries Gladiator talking about they require facts to remove the President.

The motion did not include any facts.

Which means either there were none,
Or
Kamla witheld this information.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 25th, 2021, 8:56 am

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

No need to be petulant
We survived Wade Mark lying on the chair to suppress debate ...where were your democracy ded howls then?

In those countries Gladiator talking about they require facts to remove the President.

The motion did not include any facts.

Which means either there were none,
Or
Kamla witheld this information.

And that's exactly the point... we would never know the facts. The vote, if went the other way, would have put in place a tribunal to get to the facts of the allegation but they went all out to make sure it didn't happen. Banana republic FTW... no transparency and no accountability

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 25th, 2021, 9:42 am

IMG_8099.JPG

Lol ok

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 25th, 2021, 9:56 am

[quote="Gladiator"

And that's exactly the point... we would never know the facts. The vote, if went the other way, would have put in place a tribunal to get to the facts of the allegation but they went all out to make sure it didn't happen. Banana republic FTW... no transparency and no accountability[/quote]

We may well know the facts as both PM and Prez says nothing was done.

Your position -on the assumption that the PM, Bliss and Prez are in collusion is that:
1)they wait until the last minute to interfere,
2)do so at the point in time when they are most obligated to not interfere, meaning that there is a list in existence,
3)do so at the Prez' location where its proven that information is recorded AND leaked to public,
4)do so in a meeting that puts them in the same place at the same time

Lets wait till everybody is watching,and then ALL meet at Prez office in order to breach the constitution,

Seems that if the three of them wanted them to collude to manipulate the CoP choice.....there are more common sense ways of doing that.
Thats working too hard for what is a simple call.

Not to mention, the ACTUAL constitutionally required vote process that is going to happen.

How would any of us do that ???

The salacious story is just too captivating to apply the screen of whether it makes sense for the players to jump out into the limelight.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 25th, 2021, 12:55 pm

Redman wrote:[quote="Gladiator"

And that's exactly the point... we would never know the facts. The vote, if went the other way, would have put in place a tribunal to get to the facts of the allegation but they went all out to make sure it didn't happen. Banana republic FTW... no transparency and no accountability

We may well know the facts as both PM and Prez says nothing was done.

Your position -on the assumption that the PM, Bliss and Prez are in collusion is that:
1)they wait until the last minute to interfere,
2)do so at the point in time when they are most obligated to not interfere, meaning that there is a list in existence,
3)do so at the Prez' location where its proven that information is recorded AND leaked to public,
4)do so in a meeting that puts them in the same place at the same time

Lets wait till everybody is watching,and then ALL meet at Prez office in order to breach the constitution,

Seems that if the three of them wanted them to collude to manipulate the CoP choice.....there are more common sense ways of doing that.
Thats working too hard for what is a simple call.

Not to mention, the ACTUAL constitutionally required vote process that is going to happen.

How would any of us do that ???

The salacious story is just too captivating to apply the screen of whether it makes sense for the players to jump out into the limelight.[/quote]
Yes, but NONE of the PM, President or Bliss have denied that this is exactly what happened. In fact Fat Fairy refused to divulge the identity off what is a the known fact of the "high level official",
JUHN Scarfy said some "I do meh dutee" sheit.
Bliss said nothing.
Are these the responses of people with clean hands in this whole fiasco? Also, are we really ascribing that whole scenario as being not on par with the ole JUHN Scarfy's intelligence? This man is a one trick pony, as evidenced by Emailgate
People don't outright deny things that may come back to haunt them later.
Once again soft head LFD RFD PNM dumbos, not only lapping it up, but mounting spirited defenses of it.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 27th, 2021, 11:05 am

I see the UNC is signalling its intent to go to court regarding the Speaker's
action, surely the legal acumen of Kamla, Saddam et al is far superior in constitutional law than RLM

Ramesh: Speaker upheld the Constitution during motion on President

Senior Counsel Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj has defended House Speaker Brigid Annisette-George’s handling of last Thursday’s motion by the Opposition to remove President Paula-Mae Weekes.

While the Opposition clamoured for the motion to be debated and attacked Annissette-George for refusing to allow it, Maharaj said the Constitution does not allow for a debate until the matter is passed by a two-thirds majority of the Electoral College.

The Opposition never got that far as the motion only received 24 votes in favour and 47 against by the Electoral College, around one-third of the votes.

“The Electoral College, therefore, is the body to decide whether an investigation is to proceed by a tribunal constituted to investigate the complaint,” Maharaj said in a statement.

The motion, Maharaj said, must be adopted by a vote, which means that the “motion to go forward requires a vote, not a debate,” Maharaj stressed.

Without that two-thirds vote in favour, the matter could not go forward, he added.

“If that number of votes is not obtained, there can be no investigation. That is what happened in this case with the motion filed by the leader of Opposition,” Maharaj said.

Maharaj said that if the requisite vote for the investigation is obtained, a tribunal is appointed by the Chief Justice.

That tribunal then comprises four other judges and the Chief Justice.

“That tribunal investigates the complaint and then presents a report on the facts to the House of Representatives,”

Maharaj said.

“The third stage is that the Electoral College has to consider the report of the tribunal and it is only if a resolution to remove the President from office is supported by votes of not less than two-thirds of the total membership of the Electoral College, can the President be removed from office,” he said.

Maharaj pointed out that the first stage in the procedure was limited to a “vote by the members.”

“Section 36 (c) of the Constitution states that the Motion is adopted by the vote of not less than two-thirds of the total membership,” he said.

During the debate, the Opposition pounded their desks and demanded a debate.

They said the Speaker was denying them their right to be heard, noting that they were representing the voice of the people, which was being silenced. Furthermore, they argued that the Speaker was stymying the principle of such a motion, which they claimed required debate.

Maharaj, however, disagrees.

“If the Speaker did that, she would have acted unconstitutionally and contrary to the oath she took as Speaker for her to obey and uphold the Constitution of the Republic of T&T,” he said.

Maharaj said any Member of Parliament, whether of the House of Representatives or the Senate, “if that member was permitted by the Speaker of the House of Representatives to violate this specific Constitutional procedure - would also have acted contrary to the oath the Member took upon assuming office to obey the Constitution and laws of the country.”

The Opposition has also slammed the Independent Senators for voting with the Government and against the motion.

The UNC claimed that the Independent Senators could not be counted on to be truly independent, as they are appointed by the President.

They also accused them of singing for their supper.

Guardian Media has been attempting for days to contact the Independent Senators on this issue but was met with little success.

Only Senator Maria Dillion-Remy responded to Guardian on Monday night saying, “All independent senators were appointed by the President. However, we do not report to the President.

The President expects that we will take our oath seriously. I do.” She added, “I try to examine everything on its merit and seek to do the best for my country.”

https://edition.pagesuite.com/popovers/ ... r8i1YQTYVM

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 27th, 2021, 11:12 am

eliteauto wrote:I see the UNC is signalling its intent to go to court regarding the Speaker's
action, surely the legal acumen of Kamla, Saddam et al is far superior in constitutional law than RLM

Senior Counsel Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj has defended House Speaker Brigid Annisette-George’s handling of last Thursday’s motion by the Opposition to remove President Paula-Mae Weekes.

While the Opposition clamoured for the motion to be debated and attacked Annissette-George for refusing to allow it, Maharaj said the Constitution does not allow for a debate until the matter is passed by a two-thirds majority of the Electoral College.

The Opposition never got that far as the motion only received 24 votes in favour and 47 against by the Electoral College, around one-third of the votes.

“The Electoral College, therefore, is the body to decide whether an investigation is to proceed by a tribunal constituted to investigate the complaint,” Maharaj said in a statement.

The motion, Maharaj said, must be adopted by a vote, which means that the “motion to go forward requires a vote, not a debate,” Maharaj stressed.

Without that two-thirds vote in favour, the matter could not go forward, he added.

“If that number of votes is not obtained, there can be no investigation. That is what happened in this case with the motion filed by the leader of Opposition,” Maharaj said.

Maharaj said that if the requisite vote for the investigation is obtained, a tribunal is appointed by the Chief Justice.

“That tribunal investigates the complaint and then presents a report on the facts to the House of Representatives,”

Maharaj said.

“The third stage is that the Electoral College has to consider the report of the tribunal and it is only if a resolution to remove the President from office is supported by votes of not less than two-thirds of the total membership of the Electoral College, can the President be removed from office,” he said.

Maharaj pointed out that the first stage in the procedure was limited to a “vote by the members.”

“Section 36 (c) of the Constitution states that the Motion is adopted by the vote of not less than two-thirds of the total membership,” he said.

They said the Speaker was denying them their right to be heard, noting that they were representing the voice of the people, which was being silenced. Furthermore, they argued that the Speaker was stymying the principle of such a motion, which they claimed required debate.

“If the Speaker did that, she would have acted unconstitutionally and contrary to the oath she took as Speaker for her to obey and uphold the Constitution of the Republic of T&T,” he said.

Maharaj said any Member of Parliament, whether of the House of Representatives or the Senate, “if that member was permitted by the Speaker of the House of Representatives to violate this specific Constitutional procedure - would also have acted contrary to the oath the Member took upon assuming office to obey the Constitution and laws of the country.”

The Opposition has also slammed the Independent Senators for voting with the Government and against the motion.

The UNC claimed that the Independent Senators could not be counted on to be truly independent, as they are appointed by the President.

Guardian Media has been attempting for days to contact the Independent Senators on this issue but was met with little success.

Only Senator Maria Dillion-Remy responded to Guardian on Monday night saying, “All independent senators were appointed by the President. However, we do not report to the President.

The President expects that we will take our oath seriously. I do.” She added, “I try to examine everything on its merit and seek to do the best for my country.”

They might label him pro-pnm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 27th, 2021, 11:37 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
eliteauto wrote:I see the UNC is signalling its intent to go to court regarding the Speaker's

Maharaj said.

They might label him pro-pnm
Ramesh is pro making money.Thats all there is to him.That narcissist don't care about anyone

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 27th, 2021, 11:39 am

timelapse wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:

Maharaj said.

They might label him pro-pnm
Ramesh is pro making money.Thats all there is to him.That narcissist don't care about anyone

Exacto patronum!

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » October 27th, 2021, 11:55 am

As far as this particular motion is concerned, I am not certain that the process makes sense if indeed the constitution provides for same.
In fact it seems difficult to conceive that members of the electoral college can make an informed vote on the motion unless the mover of the motion is allowed to make a 'prima facie' case.
I do agree that motions of this nature cannot be frivolous since members may use this avenue to impugn an office holders good name and checks and controls maybe necessary to avoid same.
Taking the matter to court may allow this process to be properly reviewed and thus facilitate identification of any possible modifications to same.
We may need this process in a more dire and clear cut situation one day in the future.
Presently, I really don't have any expectations of our presidents office and view its existence as ceremonial and a refinement of the Governor General office and anytime an office holder gets into shifting from this role, things get messy.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”