TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 54881 cases, 1629 deaths, 4360 active, 48892 recovered in T&T

Postby gastly369 » October 24th, 2021, 8:17 am

Remember I said have a anitvax friend who was telling me "in 3 years allyuh vax go dead" and "microchip for government" and "ik I healthy I eh want them poison in me"

Guess where he at now...
The bad ting is since covid my funeral cloths doh fit me right again...

Rip to a childhood friend but the pandemic really changed you...

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 54881 cases, 1629 deaths, 4360 active, 48892 recovered in T&T

Postby Kenjo » October 24th, 2021, 8:26 am

gastly369 wrote:Remember I said have a anitvax friend who was telling me "in 3 years allyuh vax go dead" and "microchip for government" and "ik I healthy I eh want them poison in me"

Guess where he at now...

He dead dead or intubated ? It’s only a small percentage of people actually die so he should be alright

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » October 24th, 2021, 8:31 am

Kenjo wrote:
gastly369 wrote:Remember I said have a anitvax friend who was telling me "in 3 years allyuh vax go dead" and "microchip for government" and "ik I healthy I eh want them poison in me"

Guess where he at now...

He dead dead or intubated ? It’s only a small percentage of people actually die so he should be alright
Died Friday

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 24th, 2021, 8:39 am

gastly369 wrote:
Kenjo wrote:

Guess where he at now...

Died Friday
May he rest in peace

When you add in age and vaccination status and very common NCD's the odds really not as good as evident in countries at the peak of the unvaccinated part of the pandemic

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 24th, 2021, 8:47 am

https://web.archive.org/web/20211006232 ... -dose.html

Article long, but crazy figure. This article was cited to push vaccinating children.

New York times wrote:
Nearly 900,000 children have been hospitalized with Covid-19 since the pandemic began, and about 520 have died. 

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 24th, 2021, 8:49 am

hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:Vaccinated people infected with the delta variant are 63% less likely to infect people who are unvaccinated.

How much less likely are you to spread covid-19 if you're vaccinated?

23 October 2021

People who are fully vaccinated against covid-19 are far less likely to infect others, despite the arrival of the delta variant, several studies show. The findings refute the idea, which has become common in some circles, that vaccines no longer do much to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

“They absolutely do reduce transmission,” says Christopher Byron Brooke at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. “Vaccinated people do transmit the virus in some cases, but the data are super crystal-clear that the risk of transmission for a vaccinated individual is much, much lower than for an unvaccinated individual.”

A recent study found that vaccinated people infected with the delta variant are 63 per cent less likely to infect people who are unvaccinated.

This is only slightly lower than with the alpha variant, says Brechje de Gier at the Center for Epidemiology and Surveillance of Infectious Diseases in the Netherlands, who led the study. Her team had previously found that vaccinated people infected with alpha were 73 per cent less likely to infect unvaccinated people.

What is important to realise, de Gier says, is that the full effect of vaccines on reducing transmission is even higher than 63 per cent, because most vaccinated people don’t become infected in the first place.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 ... accinated/
*Jeopardy theme song*
FB_IMG_1635075289105.jpg
Tske ur flu Vax, bro.
Avewsge 40 persons s year die from common flu in tt

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 24th, 2021, 9:14 am

Oct 22, 2021

CDC director: U.S. may change definition of "fully vaccinated" as boosters roll out

Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Friday the U.S. "may need to update" its definition for what it means to have full vaccination against COVID.

The big picture: The CDC and the FDA have officially approved boosters with every authorized vaccine in the U.S. for people who meet specific requirements. Walensky explained that since not everyone is eligible for a booster, the definition has not been changed "yet."

Currently, the CDC's definition is the following: "Fully vaccinated persons are those who are ≥14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine."

What they're saying: "We have not yet changed the definition of 'fully vaccinated.' We will continue to look at this. We may need to update our definition of 'fully vaccinated' in the future," Walensky said during a press briefing.

She also encouraged those eligible to get boosters: "If you're eligible for a booster, go ahead and get your booster," she said.

https://www.axios.com/cdc-fully-covid-v ... 9a573.html

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 24th, 2021, 9:26 am

adnj wrote:Oct 22, 2021

CDC director: U.S. may change definition of "fully vaccinated" as boosters roll out

Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Friday the U.S. "may need to update" its definition for what it means to have full vaccination against COVID.

The big picture: The CDC and the FDA have officially approved boosters with every authorized vaccine in the U.S. for people who meet specific requirements. Walensky explained that since not everyone is eligible for a booster, the definition has not been changed "yet."

Currently, the CDC's definition is the following: "Fully vaccinated persons are those who are ≥14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine."

What they're saying: "We have not yet changed the definition of 'fully vaccinated.' We will continue to look at this. We may need to update our definition of 'fully vaccinated' in the future," Walensky said during a press briefing.

She also encouraged those eligible to get boosters: "If you're eligible for a booster, go ahead and get your booster," she said.

Gotta love it
5apn73.jpg

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 24th, 2021, 9:46 am

Covid will over by August guys
FB_IMG_1635083132628.jpg

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 24th, 2021, 10:28 am

hover11 wrote:Covid will over by August guys
FB_IMG_1635083132628.jpg

So they supposed to remain doom and gloom and not have a timeline ? Canada has a clear cut timeline for opening back . No one has a crystal ball but everyone has to compromise and move on now

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 24th, 2021, 10:36 am

Kenjo wrote:
hover11 wrote:Covid will over by August guys
FB_IMG_1635083132628.jpg

So they supposed to remain doom and gloom and not have a timeline ? Canada has a clear cut timeline for opening back . No one has a crystal ball but everyone has to compromise and move on now
You honestly comparing first world countries to us just remember they have a real public healthcare system not one that can easily be put under strain when a surge hasn't even bugun. Nevertheless, i don't think this should be the priority or focus of the government of the day , how about employment for those who are still unemployed due to the pandemic, restructing the education system so a child doesn't have to be in school 5 days a week , or what about when supply constraints hit with food how are we supposed to adapt but no let's focus on party and forget everything else

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 24th, 2021, 10:47 am

NHS Lanarkshire moves to highest risk level amid "relentless" pressures

All three of the health board's acute hospitals are at maximum capacity and its emergency departments are "overwhelmed".

NHS Lanarkshire is moving to its highest risk level as it faces “critical occupancy levels across its three acute hospitals” amid continuing “unprecedented” and “relentless” pressure on its services.

Monklands, Wishaw and Hairmyres hospitals are all operating at their maximum possible capacities, and health board officials are asking families for assistance in helping to discharge patients home or to care placements.

Patients are being warned to expect lengthy waits at the area’s “overwhelmed” emergency departments, while planned operations including cancer procedures have been postponed.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-a ... k-25276812

Hospitals Had Huge Financial Losses From Lost Revenues During COVID-19 Pandemic

Nationwide, hospitals lost $1.53 billion from missed elective pediatric procedures alone, the other study investigators estimated as part of their study, for approximately the same period, March to May 2020. Hospitals were slow to make up the surgical backlog and the lost income from children’s operations, with a median, or middle, time to recovery of one year, the investigators estimated.

As COVID-19 cases reportedly continue to remain high in many states, some hospitals are again triaging cases and delaying selected operations. Consequently, the researchers said their findings demonstrate the need for better long-term planning by hospitals to prevent further shutdowns to ensure patients have access to the surgical services that they need.

https://www.eurasiareview.com/24102021- ... -pandemic/
Last edited by adnj on October 24th, 2021, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 24th, 2021, 10:50 am

adnj wrote:NHS Lanarkshire moves to highest risk level amid "relentless" pressures

All three of the health board's acute hospitals are at maximum capacity and its emergency departments are "overwhelmed".

NHS Lanarkshire is moving to its highest risk level as it faces “critical occupancy levels across its three acute hospitals” amid continuing “unprecedented” and “relentless” pressure on its services.

Monklands, Wishaw and Hairmyres hospitals are all operating at their maximum possible capacities, and health board officials are asking families for assistance in helping to discharge patients home or to care placements.

Patients are being warned to expect lengthy waits at the area’s “overwhelmed” emergency departments, while planned operations including cancer procedures have been postponed.

Isn't the uk highly fully vaccinated ? What's causing all this, Scotland is 72 percent fully vaxxed

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 24th, 2021, 10:56 am

Well since we can always blame the unvaxxed, it’s them. And clearly people are not following protocols which seems to have taken a back seat to vaccination.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 24th, 2021, 11:03 am

adnj wrote:NHS Lanarkshire moves to highest risk level amid "relentless" pressures

Nationwide, hospitals lost $1.53 billion from missed elective pediatric procedures alone, the other study investigators estimated as part of their study, for approximately the same period, March to May 2020. Hospitals were slow to make up the surgical backlog and the lost income from children’s operations, with a median, or middle, time to recovery of one year, the investigators estimated.

As COVID-19 cases reportedly continue to remain high in many states, some hospitals are again triaging cases and delaying selected operations. Consequently, the researchers said their findings demonstrate the need for better long-term planning by hospitals to prevent further shutdowns to ensure patients have access to the surgical services that they need.

Isn’t the UK a first world country ?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 24th, 2021, 11:38 am

Kenjo wrote:

Isn’t the UK a first world country ?
Same problems in some US states, UK and EU.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » October 24th, 2021, 11:50 am

adnj wrote:Oct 22, 2021

we probably going to move away from "fully-vaccinated" to something like "currently vaccinated" for things like international travel, private medical care, etc.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 24th, 2021, 12:19 pm

hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:Unvaccinated people will likely catch COVID every 16 months on average, study finds

Since COVID-19 hasn’t existed for enough time to perform a longterm study, researchers led by Jeffrey Townsend, Yale professor of biostatistics, examined reinfection in a close viral relative to replicate the immune system’s response, according to the Yale Daily News.

“The overall goal of the study was to provide an answer to a question that at this point in the pandemic would be impossible to answer empirically, which is how long after you’ve been infected by SARS-CoV-2 can you expect to possess immunity against the virus before you become vulnerable to reinfection?” co-author Hayley Hassler, a research associated at the Yale School of Public Health, told the paper.

The findings contradict the notion that recovering from COVID-19 will guarantee a lifetime of protection from the virus.

https://whnt.com/news/unvaccinated-peop ... udy-finds/
Strange since this pandemic began I never had covid and I just follow the protocols and it's been over 16 months

shifting them goalposts as normal frother

hover11 wrote:I probably had covid and didn't even know it

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 24th, 2021, 12:34 pm

They still encouraging ppl to get vaccinated which is all good I guess, but whichever vaccine you get now, one shot or two shot, you still have a waiting period before you are considered fully vaccinated. And according to most recent media release there are 616k people who have taken one shot so far of a two shot regime.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 24th, 2021, 1:15 pm

WHO says COVID may have killed 180,000 health workers

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has estimated between 80,000 and 180,000 healthcare workers have died worldwide due to COVID-19, warning of the danger of burnout, anxiety and fatigue as the virus continues to spread around the world.

“These deaths are a tragic loss,” the WHO said on Thursday, as it released the data covering the period between January 2020 and May 2021. Total known deaths from COVID-19 stood at 3.45 million over the same period.

“They are also an irreplaceable gap in the world’s pandemic response.”

About 135 million people are thought to work in healthcare worldwide.

Workers in clinics and hospitals have been on the pandemic’s front lines since the first COVID-19 cases emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan in late 2019 and, while many are suffering from exhaustion and anxiety, there is little sign that the disease has run its course.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/10/ ... th-workers

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 24th, 2021, 1:20 pm

aaron17 wrote:https://guardian.co.tt/news/crisis-looms-as-icu-hdu-levels-at-dangerous-point-6.2.1404023.05b625c1b6
The peak number of ICU patients is projected to be 30% higher than peak of the May/June wave.
Last edited by adnj on October 24th, 2021, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 24th, 2021, 1:24 pm

adnj wrote:
aaron17 wrote:https://guardian.co.tt/news/crisis-looms-as-icu-hdu-levels-at-dangerous-point-6.2.1404023.05b625c1b6
The peak number of ICU patients are projected to be 30% higher than peak of the May/June wave.
Haven't we heard this song before, 5 more days till health system collapses and then by the fifth day they simply opened hospital tents by the stadium , doom and gloom about the health system will collapse just more fear mongering

If ICU is up to dangerous levels why send young kids back to school and bring out the entire public service to further strain the system? Makes no sense at all unless it's just to get more ppl vaccinated

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 24th, 2021, 2:01 pm

Yes it is a ploy to get more people vaccinated, you are right hoover. Soooo when you getting your shot Mr. Flip Flooper?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 24th, 2021, 2:04 pm

DMan7 wrote:Yes it is a ploy to get more people vaccinated, you are right hoover. Soooo when you getting your shot Mr. Flip Flooper?
When the sheit hits the fan here

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » October 24th, 2021, 4:25 pm

laff

245700279_10159421285810610_240285096278479964_n.jpg

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » October 24th, 2021, 4:27 pm

hover11 wrote:If ICU is up to dangerous levels why send young kids back to school and bring out the entire public service to further strain the system? Makes no sense at all unless it's just to get more ppl vaccinated

official position is covid done, open up

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 24th, 2021, 4:37 pm

Hmm
FB_IMG_1635107700852.jpg

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » October 24th, 2021, 4:39 pm

hmm??

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 24th, 2021, 10:32 pm

hover11 wrote:
DMan7 wrote:Yes it is a ploy to get more people vaccinated, you are right hoover. Soooo when you getting your shot Mr. Flip Flooper?
When the sheit hits the fan here

that will be to late. the vax is not a treatment- even though some dumb covid patients in the US were asking for it when they reach hospital with covid :lol:

even if u took it today u have to wait 5-6 weeks for full immunity to kick in- 3-4 weeks till 2nd shot then 2 weeks for that to become effective. a lot could happen in 6 weeks- we can have a major wave of infections and u can get infected in between shots.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”