TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Local Covid Anti-Vaxxers vs Studies Spammers

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

So who won the pandemic debate?

Poll ended at August 3rd, 2023, 3:48 pm

Antivaxxers - Ah still alive! babylon cyah kill me!
43%
Covidians - Small pin does chook hard but it save the world.
43%
Me eh care - Allyuh keep arguing nah man, ah wining on dis bumper right here.
14%

Total votes: 14

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Re: Local anti-vaxxers

Postby Dohplaydat » October 23rd, 2021, 10:25 am

drchaos wrote:
I'm gonna need to correct/translate this for you guys ....

"firetruck the media, I ONLY use stats from scientific journals, and other reputable statistical bodies that confirms my BIAS. While ignoring the reputable sources of information that is against my pseudoscientific beliefs"
#fixed

Nope, in science, you try to remove all bias and look at the stats. It is how one finds the truth, without seeking confirmation of a prior help belief.

You seem to have such little grasp on science, English, and logic that it's becoming worrying.

drchaos wrote:
I think you're covid brain dead since you can't see the relevance of a simple analogy.

Looking at a baseline gives you a yearly average ... If you don't show the individual years against the previous base line you are freaking yourself without lube.

Every year you will find countries that have deviations against the mean.

Time to put on your engineer outfit to figure this one out ... Or it is the Lawyer outfit? or is it the police woman outfit.
I forgot you're a Trans-professional ... you have your own definition of what profession you are :lol:

LOL at up to now you don't even realize your analogy showed you completed missed the point....woosh.

And now onto your total misunderstanding of interpreting EXCESS MORTALITY.

Screenshot 2021-10-23 at 3.17.37 pm.png

It's a deviation from the norm. Seasonal spikes are already accounted for, only natural disasters or epidemics would show up as spikes.

I implore you to do some research. Here's some homework, go look up any countries monthly deaths for the last 5 years and note the changes in 2020. Also, while you at it, take a look at the previous years and see if you can find any anomaly as big as covid. And while doing that keep in mind drastic action had to be taken in many countries to slow the spread, otherwise deaths could have been much higher for many places.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 23rd, 2021, 11:00 am

It is how one finds the truth
sounding like the full metal alchemist here :lol: :lol:

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » October 23rd, 2021, 12:37 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:hate how this thread devolves into essays quoting essays quoting essays

The virus is basically harmless but overhyped.
The vaccine is basically harmless but overhyped.

But both are being overhyped for a reason. All these discussions are surface level.

Leh me know when yall ready to go balls deep with the tinfoil hat theories :drinking:

The virus isn't overhyped otherwise we wouldn't have had to lockdown.

It unfortunately falls in the category where healthy people are mostly fine, thus causing a lot of people to be ignorant of its effects.

We know older and sickly people are not fine with this virus.

Combine that with a virus that's extremely infectious and results in 10% of cases to require hospitalisation, it's obvious to see that it is causing real problems across the world.

Let me guess, you got these facts by the same news outlets that told you Epstein killed himself huh :D

firetruck the media, I use stats from scientific journals, and other reputable statistical bodies.

Please learn how to verify research and figure out what are credible sources. Something tells me if you think 'we' get and trust stats given to us by the media then that's s reflection of your own information gathering skills.

Remember that time tobacco companies paid scientists to say smoking was healthy?
Or that time sugar based food companies paid scientists to say fat is the culprit for health problems, not sugar?

good times good times
Trust the experts.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » October 23rd, 2021, 12:51 pm

^^ 'the safe and effective,not all vaccines are perfect' will sort that out.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 23rd, 2021, 12:56 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:hate how this thread devolves into essays quoting essays quoting essays

The virus is basically harmless but overhyped.
The vaccine is basically harmless but overhyped.

But both are being overhyped for a reason. All these discussions are surface level.

Leh me know when yall ready to go balls deep with the tinfoil hat theories :drinking:

The virus isn't overhyped otherwise we wouldn't have had to lockdown.

It unfortunately falls in the category where healthy people are mostly fine, thus causing a lot of people to be ignorant of its effects.

We know older and sickly people are not fine with this virus.

Combine that with a virus that's extremely infectious and results in 10% of cases to require hospitalisation, it's obvious to see that it is causing real problems across the world.

Let me guess, you got these facts by the same news outlets that told you Epstein killed himself huh :D

firetruck the media, I use stats from scientific journals, and other reputable statistical bodies.

Please learn how to verify research and figure out what are credible sources. Something tells me if you think 'we' get and trust stats given to us by the media then that's s reflection of your own information gathering skills.

Remember that time tobacco companies paid scientists to say smoking was healthy?
Or that time sugar based food companies paid scientists to say fat is the culprit for health problems, not sugar?

good times good times
Trust the experts.
Ahhhh how quickly do we forget these vaccine manufacturers are just that businesses and businesses need to make money .....imagine you have to take this vaccine every 6 months of your life who really benefiting ?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 23rd, 2021, 1:34 pm

This is why we have way more checks and balances as well as regularity authorities like the FDA and others to approve drugs.

Are these authorities perfect? No but they're staffed with tonnes of qualified people doing their best to improve drug safety and verify manufacturer claims.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 23rd, 2021, 1:35 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:This is why we have way more checks and balances as well as regularity authorities like the FDA and others to approve drugs.

Are these authorities perfect? No but they're staffed with tonnes of qualified people doing their best to improve drug safety and verify manufacturer claims.
Yes the same FDA that is financed by the said businesses such as PFIZER how is that not a conflict of interest

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 23rd, 2021, 2:43 pm

hover11 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:This is why we have way more checks and balances as well as regularity authorities like the FDA and others to approve drugs.

Yes the same FDA that is financed by the said businesses such as PFIZER how is that not a conflict of interest
What companies?

FDA is an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services and consists of nine Center-level organizations and thirteen Headquarter (HQ) Offices. The list below contains the links to the FDA Overview Organization Chart, followed by links for each Center-level organization, in alphabetical order. The organization chart for the Office of Operations is also included.

https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/fda-organ ... ion-charts

The Department of Health and Human Services protects the health of all Americans and provides essential human services.

https://www.usa.gov/federal-agencies/u- ... n-services

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 23rd, 2021, 2:52 pm

adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:

What companies?

FDA is an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services and consists of nine Center-level organizations and thirteen Headquarter (HQ) Offices. The list below contains the links to the FDA Overview Organization Chart, followed by links for each Center-level organization, in alphabetical order. The organization chart for the Office of Operations is also included.

The Department of Health and Human Services protects the health of all Americans and provides essential human services.

The Biopharmaceutical Industry Provides 75% Of The FDA's Drug Review Budget. Is This A Problem?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... oblem/amp/

You are saying 75 percent funding is not a conflict of interest ?

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » October 23rd, 2021, 3:04 pm

How you living in trinidad and dunno bout corruption :lol:

cHeCkS aNd BaLaNcEs

Trust the experts guys,

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 23rd, 2021, 3:13 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:

How you living in trinidad and dunno bout corruption

cHeCkS aNd BaLaNcEs

Trust the experts guys,
Only Trinidad have corruption

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 23rd, 2021, 3:29 pm

hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:

What companies?

The Biopharmaceutical Industry Provides 75% Of The FDA's Drug Review Budget. Is This A Problem?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... oblem/amp/

You are saying 75 percent funding is not a conflict of interest ?
The FDA does so much more than approve drugs. Is corruption possible? Sure.

You may need to do some reading.

https://today.uconn.edu/2021/05/why-is- ... gulates-2/

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 23rd, 2021, 3:34 pm

It would be interesting if any of us would look back in a year or two, if alive, and come here and say, well geez we were wrong ( from either side). Would you?

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » October 23rd, 2021, 3:36 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:

How you living in trinidad and dunno bout corruption

cHeCkS aNd BaLaNcEs

Trust the experts guys,
So I did a Google search, and James C. Smith is NOT currently the CEO of Reuters. So that seems false. Also it says right there, the first two guys on that list were FORMERLY at the FDA, meaning that they're not there now. So they wouldn't have any control over what the FDA does.
Scott Gottlieb also left the FDA in April 2019 (pre first us covid case).
Screenshot_20211023-153334.jpg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 23rd, 2021, 3:54 pm

eitech wrote:It would be interesting if any of us would look back in a year or two, if alive, and come here and say, well geez we were wrong ( from either side). Would you?

Well it's more than 1 year since the clinical trials were done. But it's been about 10 months since millions around the world started getting vaccinated. Outside of 1 or 2 months after you would not see any serious adverse effects of the vaccine starting to develop.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 23rd, 2021, 3:56 pm

redmanjp wrote:
eitech wrote:It would be interesting if any of us would look back in a year or two, if alive, and come here and say, well geez we were wrong ( from either side). Would you?

Well it's more than 1 year since the clinical trials were done. But it's been about 10 months since millions around the world started getting vaccinated. Outside of 1 or 2 months after you would not see any serious adverse effects of the vaccine startingto develop.

Sorry I meant going forward from now specifically. I have my reasons.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 23rd, 2021, 5:17 pm

Covid: Romania's health system torn apart by pandemic

Romania's 2,000 intensive care beds are all full, and patients are now having to wait outside. The first 50 critically ill patients have been transferred to hospitals in Hungary and Poland.

"Sometimes I feel like the whole country has become a resuscitation department," said Dorel Sandesc, head of intensive care at Timisoara hospital in western Romania.

"It is a national failure on all levels. We are witnessing a kind of national blindness, caused by the lack of education, by the lack of civilisation," Dr Sandesc, who's vice-chairman of the Romanian Society of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, told the Puterea a Cincea website.

Vaccination levels now stand at little more than 29% of the whole population and 34% of the adult population, the second lowest in the EU after Bulgaria

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe ... 3=BBC+News

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 23rd, 2021, 8:27 pm

https://youtu.be/5l6yvjUgvXk

At 4:15, did she say “marked people”? I aint know there was a new name for vaccinated.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » October 23rd, 2021, 8:48 pm

eitech wrote:https://youtu.be/5l6yvjUgvXk

At 4:15, did she say “marked people”? I aint know there was a new name for vaccinated.
She said "To protect more people and save more lives".
Clean out yuh ears.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 23rd, 2021, 9:04 pm

ed360123 wrote:

Clean out yuh ears.
Clean your ears

https://youtu.be/zLVdFhFkCUc

She is saying to protect marked ppl

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 23rd, 2021, 9:07 pm

ed360123 wrote:

Clean out yuh ears.

Nuh its clean. So what? Marked, fully vaxxed, yuh safe. Thats what counts

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » October 23rd, 2021, 9:13 pm

hover11 wrote:
ed360123 wrote:

Clean out yuh ears.
Clean your ears

She said "more" dumbass. Even Live Captions thinks so.
"To protect Marked people and save marked lives" doesn't even make sense grammatically.
Screenshot_20211023-211207.jpg
Last edited by ed360123 on October 23rd, 2021, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 23rd, 2021, 9:14 pm

ed360123 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
ed360123 wrote:

Clean out yuh ears.
Clean your ears

So what if yuh marked? Yuh protected from covid.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » October 23rd, 2021, 9:16 pm

eitech wrote:
ed360123 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
ed360123 wrote:

Clean out yuh ears.
Clean your ears

What are you even on about?

eitech
punchin NOS

Local anti-vaxxers

Postby eitech » October 23rd, 2021, 9:19 pm

ed360123 wrote:
eitech wrote:
ed360123 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
ed360123 wrote:

Clean out yuh ears.
Clean your ears

Lol thanks for participating in a short survey marked dude.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » October 23rd, 2021, 9:20 pm

eitech wrote:
ed360123 wrote:
eitech wrote:
ed360123 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
ed360123 wrote:

Clean out yuh ears.
Clean your ears

If you really believe in that nonsense then I don't know what to tell you.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 23rd, 2021, 9:21 pm

ed360123 wrote:
eitech wrote:
ed360123 wrote:
eitech wrote:
ed360123 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
ed360123 wrote:

Clean out yuh ears.
Clean your ears

If you really believe in that nonsense then I don't know what to tell you.

What nonsense?

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » October 23rd, 2021, 9:28 pm

And since y'all couldn't bother to use Google. Here's the official transcript.

Source: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/09/10/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-september-10-2021/
Screenshot_20211023-212624~2.jpg

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 23rd, 2021, 9:32 pm

people hear what they wanna hear

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 23rd, 2021, 9:33 pm

ed360123 wrote:And since y'all couldn't bother to use Google. Here's the official transcript.

Source: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/09/10/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-september-10-2021/
Screenshot_20211023-212624~2.jpg

Lol dbu na. Yuh marked safe from covid

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”