TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

I am too old to keep wearing sneakers everyday .....

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: I am too old to keep wearing sneakers everyday .....

Postby zoom rader » October 17th, 2021, 12:30 pm

wtf wrote:Zoom write a whole Sunday Editorial.
Hmmm
A change is needed in Trini dress style.

Trinis don't have a clue in dress sense.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » October 17th, 2021, 12:54 pm

Nun wrong with wearing sneakers at 50 . What type of sneakers are actually trying to phase out?

Just dress accordingly and have different footwear for different occasions.

Or wear crocs and socks and sandals since u really wanna identify as 50year old.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 17th, 2021, 1:16 pm

zoom rader wrote:OP

Sneakers for men over 50 is a topic that can go both ways. I recently read a very popular men’s style blog that said if you are over 50 do not ever wear sneakers. I’m here to counter that with a strong YES YOU CAN!
To the left is yours truly (me) wearing a pair of simple, white sneakers with fitted jeans and a t-shirt. Because I work out a lot I can pull of wear more fitted clothes, so if you are carrying a few extra pounds, don’t go quite so fitted with your clothes.
When you meet women casually you want to look sporty. Athletic. This will make you more attractive to her.
The key to sneakers is choosing ones that are in style and that coordinate well with either shorts or jeans. With that being said I am in strong agreement with that style blog that no man over 50 should EVER wear running shoes with casual attire. Meaning casual shorts or jeans. You will look like an old man in clothes which will attract no woman!

Styles Of Men’s Sneakers

[https://divorcedmanover50]Warning: Do not EVER go shiny! In my opinion, a shiny sneaker of any kind comes across feminine, not masculine. So even if you find a pair of sneakers you really like and they are shiny, remember what I just said.
With that being said, the only, and I mean only time you could get away with these would be with a pair of slacks. This is because the slacks are more than casual so the shiny sneakers can have a look of a dressier pair of shoes.
But…I’m not a fan of any kind of sneaker with slacks so bare that in mind when you are considering shiny sneakers like the ones to the right.

Mesh Sneakers For Summertime

[https://divorcedmanover50]Because I live in hot Arizona I’m always looking for lightweight clothes and shoes to be more comfortable when I’m out and about with a woman. Because of this I like mesh sneakers a lot.
My favorite brand for most of my sneakers is called Greats I wish I got paid to promote them but I do not. To the left is a gray pair I wear a lot. Just look at how clean, simple and sporty they look. I can wear these with shorts and jeans all day long. They are in that $100-$200 price range which is perfect for a good pair of sneakers.

How Much Should You Spend On Sneakers

Sneakers can range anywhere between $40 all the way up to several hundred dollars. Depending on your budget, you can get a nice, stylish sneaker for under $100 and they will last you several years, so well worth it. When you get under around $70 you are not getting a quality shoe, and most likely it will not be comfortable and will not last long.

Leather Sneakers Or Not

This is the gray area in my opinion. Looking at the picture above, those are most likely leather and they are more dressy than casual. If you can find leather that does not have that shine to it, you’d be better off. Most of the time, I opt for cotton or mesh sneakers, and if I go leather, it’s white only. White leather sneakers are universal to almost anything you wear, but it’s a certain style of sneaker … NOT a running shoe!

Colors Of Sneakers To Consider

[https://divorcedmanover50]If you want to maintain a masculine look always go with blacks, grays, and the occasional white. The reason being they are strong, masculine colors that can go with anything whether it’s shorts or pants. You want to stay away from colors as it will come across less masculine and not a good first impression when you are meeting an attractive woman.
This is a pair of white leather sneakers that I like and have a similar pair and they look great with jeans and shorts. Simple style that you can wear for years.

Keep Your Sneakers Clean

I’m a bit OCD on this, but there is nothing worse for a mature man than to show up on a date with dirty sneakers. Guys…don’t ever do this! It is a terrible first impression of you, and the woman will notice right away.
The sides of the shoes MUST BE CLEAN. This is the rubber around the sides of the shoes. This one can be a hassle to clean, and they get dirty after typically one wearing. I use Clorox wipes, scrub them with dish soap and a rough pad.
Whether it’s okay to do or not, I wash my sneakers (not leather ones) like I do my clothes, and then let them dry in room temperature. Never let them dry outside, especially if it’s warm but if they are mesh or cotton, they will shrink.

Slip-On Sneakers Can Work

Warning: Do not wear the skateboarder brands, including Vans. You will scream old man who has no fashion sense which will turn off a woman very quickly.
[https://divorcedmanover50]Another style of sneaker is the slip-on. Over the years I’ve gone back and forth on this style. I’ve liked it for a while, and other times not so much. I think the reason why is because you do see a lot of older men wearing them and I think one of the reasons is it saves them from bending over to tie them. If you have a bad back, head over to my Fit Men Over 50 Instagram and become part of that community where you will see exercises and nutrition tips to get in the best shape of our life.
Warning: Do NOT wear slip-on converse with no shoelaces! This is ridiculous for a midlife man to wear. You may think you’re cool, but you’re not. Women will laugh at this for sure.

Never Wear Running Shoes

When you are dressing to go out whether it’s a lunch, coffee, brunch or early dinner, never…and I mean never wear running shoes with casual clothes! This is an absolute NEVER! If you want to look like an out-of-style old man then go ahead and be lazy and wear your running shoes with casual shorts, or even worse jeans. If you do, you should not probably ever read another article on this website.

https://divorcedmanover50.com/sneakers- ... 20woman%21

What about the Crocs Mickeyla got you for father's day?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 17th, 2021, 1:19 pm

Les Bain wrote:
zoom rader wrote:OP

Sneakers for men over 50 is a topic that can go both ways. I recently read a very popular men’s style blog that said if you are over 50 do not ever wear sneakers. I’m here to counter that with a strong YES YOU CAN!
To the left is yours truly (me) wearing a pair of simple, white sneakers with fitted jeans and a t-shirt. Because I work out a lot I can pull of wear more fitted clothes, so if you are carrying a few extra pounds, don’t go quite so fitted with your clothes.
When you meet women casually you want to look sporty. Athletic. This will make you more attractive to her.
The key to sneakers is choosing ones that are in style and that coordinate well with either shorts or jeans. With that being said I am in strong agreement with that style blog that no man over 50 should EVER wear running shoes with casual attire. Meaning casual shorts or jeans. You will look like an old man in clothes which will attract no woman!

Styles Of Men’s Sneakers

[https://divorcedmanover50]Warning: Do not EVER go shiny! In my opinion, a shiny sneaker of any kind comes across feminine, not masculine. So even if you find a pair of sneakers you really like and they are shiny, remember what I just said.
With that being said, the only, and I mean only time you could get away with these would be with a pair of slacks. This is because the slacks are more than casual so the shiny sneakers can have a look of a dressier pair of shoes.
But…I’m not a fan of any kind of sneaker with slacks so bare that in mind when you are considering shiny sneakers like the ones to the right.

Mesh Sneakers For Summertime

[https://divorcedmanover50]Because I live in hot Arizona I’m always looking for lightweight clothes and shoes to be more comfortable when I’m out and about with a woman. Because of this I like mesh sneakers a lot.
My favorite brand for most of my sneakers is called Greats I wish I got paid to promote them but I do not. To the left is a gray pair I wear a lot. Just look at how clean, simple and sporty they look. I can wear these with shorts and jeans all day long. They are in that $100-$200 price range which is perfect for a good pair of sneakers.

How Much Should You Spend On Sneakers

Sneakers can range anywhere between $40 all the way up to several hundred dollars. Depending on your budget, you can get a nice, stylish sneaker for under $100 and they will last you several years, so well worth it. When you get under around $70 you are not getting a quality shoe, and most likely it will not be comfortable and will not last long.

Leather Sneakers Or Not

This is the gray area in my opinion. Looking at the picture above, those are most likely leather and they are more dressy than casual. If you can find leather that does not have that shine to it, you’d be better off. Most of the time, I opt for cotton or mesh sneakers, and if I go leather, it’s white only. White leather sneakers are universal to almost anything you wear, but it’s a certain style of sneaker … NOT a running shoe!

Colors Of Sneakers To Consider

[https://divorcedmanover50]If you want to maintain a masculine look always go with blacks, grays, and the occasional white. The reason being they are strong, masculine colors that can go with anything whether it’s shorts or pants. You want to stay away from colors as it will come across less masculine and not a good first impression when you are meeting an attractive woman.
This is a pair of white leather sneakers that I like and have a similar pair and they look great with jeans and shorts. Simple style that you can wear for years.

Keep Your Sneakers Clean

I’m a bit OCD on this, but there is nothing worse for a mature man than to show up on a date with dirty sneakers. Guys…don’t ever do this! It is a terrible first impression of you, and the woman will notice right away.
The sides of the shoes MUST BE CLEAN. This is the rubber around the sides of the shoes. This one can be a hassle to clean, and they get dirty after typically one wearing. I use Clorox wipes, scrub them with dish soap and a rough pad.
Whether it’s okay to do or not, I wash my sneakers (not leather ones) like I do my clothes, and then let them dry in room temperature. Never let them dry outside, especially if it’s warm but if they are mesh or cotton, they will shrink.

Slip-On Sneakers Can Work

Warning: Do not wear the skateboarder brands, including Vans. You will scream old man who has no fashion sense which will turn off a woman very quickly.
[https://divorcedmanover50]Another style of sneaker is the slip-on. Over the years I’ve gone back and forth on this style. I’ve liked it for a while, and other times not so much. I think the reason why is because you do see a lot of older men wearing them and I think one of the reasons is it saves them from bending over to tie them. If you have a bad back, head over to my Fit Men Over 50 Instagram and become part of that community where you will see exercises and nutrition tips to get in the best shape of our life.
Warning: Do NOT wear slip-on converse with no shoelaces! This is ridiculous for a midlife man to wear. You may think you’re cool, but you’re not. Women will laugh at this for sure.

Never Wear Running Shoes

When you are dressing to go out whether it’s a lunch, coffee, brunch or early dinner, never…and I mean never wear running shoes with casual clothes! This is an absolute NEVER! If you want to look like an out-of-style old man then go ahead and be lazy and wear your running shoes with casual shorts, or even worse jeans. If you do, you should not probably ever read another article on this website.

https://divorcedmanover50.com/sneakers- ... 20woman%21

What about the Crocs Mickeyla got you for father's day?
Bro believe it not I stll wear market rubber slippers , short pants and merinos. That's my everyday wear

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 17th, 2021, 2:16 pm

dogg wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:footwear in trinidad is overpriced and sometimes dated.
Amazon + seabox beats local pricing imho

Yeah but, but how do you guarantee a proper fit?

Sizes in different brands don't fit alike. Even in the same brands its slightly different depending on the padding etc.

I got burned a couple times buying apparel online.

I prefer to spend the extra money and make sure I get proper fits.

Most of my footwear is clarks and it's consistent.

Running/sports gear is mostly brooks/reebok/nike

I know my size and fit with these brands and I shop accordingly.

I likely won't do that for brands I I don't know

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 17th, 2021, 4:24 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Maybe somebody in here could help me...what type/brand are these?? Clarks?

Putting it on page 2 so I could still get some help

E bounce

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 17th, 2021, 4:25 pm

I wear sandals everywhere I go now. No shoes, no sneakers.

Payless no less.

I think I have a pair of Hush Puppies somewhere under the bed though. Must really check for that.

I ain't reach buss up rubber slippers status yet, like Zoom.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 17th, 2021, 4:59 pm

zoom rader wrote:A change is needed in Trini dress style.

Trinis don't have a clue in dress sense.

X3000

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 17th, 2021, 5:09 pm

Please bring back Bata, a bouncer would do nice

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 17th, 2021, 5:13 pm

bluefete wrote:I wear sandals everywhere I go now. No shoes, no sneakers.

Payless no less.

I think I have a pair of Hush Puppies somewhere under the bed though. Must really check for that.

I ain't reach buss up rubber slippers status yet, like Zoom.
When my rubber slippers bust I use a safety pin to keep it going .

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 17th, 2021, 5:17 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Maybe somebody in here could help me...what type/brand are these?? Clarks?

E bounce

Those are suede oxfords, you can get them regular, cap toe or wing tip. Lots of manufacturers so it depends on your budget, a quick search should give you options

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 17th, 2021, 5:36 pm

I think this thread should be re-titled "I am too old to keep doing [insert blank] everyday"

Would make for an interesting thread for what people think is too old to be doing certain things in life.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 17th, 2021, 6:48 pm

have a while b4 i get to 50

luckily i am self employed so i dont need have to wear formal socks n shoes, i can get away with inexpensive sandals & slippers which keeps my feet cool & comfortable ...

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 17th, 2021, 8:59 pm

Rovin wrote:have a while b4 i get to 50

luckily i am self employed so i dont need have to wear formal socks n shoes, i can get away with inexpensive sandals & slippers which keeps my feet cool & comfortable ...

Dude, if you only knew, this is what most people miss/don'tget.
Op in all h onesty, you need to understand something.

It don't really matter what you put on your feet, once whatever it is allows you to preform and function at your optimal level. Anything else is simply for aesthetics and not worth the bs really.
Ypu can't perform your best if even while seated your feet in pain or you stressed.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 18th, 2021, 6:48 am

eliteauto wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

E bounce

Those are suede oxfords, you can get them regular, cap toe or wing tip. Lots of manufacturers so it depends on your budget, a quick search should give you options

Thank you very much

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 19th, 2021, 11:21 pm

On the contrary I’m in a throw back kinda mood so I have these 2 in mind right now:
IMG_4708.JPG
IMG_4707.JPG

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » October 20th, 2021, 7:11 am

Fila is the grant hill yes? Always wanted one of those AIR in secondary school but now when I see them bleh.
I got my shiny jordans and still have huarache to get now.

Right now I enjoying crocs every day and runner slippers with sandals

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 20th, 2021, 7:14 am

You know up to now...I never bought a jordans!!! Never appealed to me nuh

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 20th, 2021, 7:28 am

I personally not into basketball and its culture.Never appealed to me.
My footwear is usually adidas,converse and vans.

Wolfgang123
Street 2NR

Postby Wolfgang123 » October 20th, 2021, 8:04 am

Adidas Ultraboost is the way to go...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 20th, 2021, 8:05 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:You know up to now...I never bought a jordans!!! Never appealed to me nuh
X2,

solarkh
3NE 2NR for life

Postby solarkh » October 20th, 2021, 9:59 am

Wolfgang123 wrote:Adidas Ultraboost is the way to go...

Ditto to this

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 20th, 2021, 10:37 am

agent007 wrote:On the contrary I’m in a throw back kinda mood so I have these 2 in mind right now:IMG_4708.JPGIMG_4707.JPG

First sneaker I thought about when I saw the thread name was that Nike.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » October 20th, 2021, 12:26 pm

agent007 wrote:On the contrary I’m in a throw back kinda mood so I have these 2 in mind right now:
IMG_4708.JPG
IMG_4707.JPG
Nike has the Blazer 77, very nostalgic

tarzan
Sweet on this forum

Postby tarzan » October 20th, 2021, 1:26 pm

bought a yeezy few months ago, not the best looking sneaker, but damn is it comfortable.

nike vapormax is a nice option as well , doesnt have a juvenile look and its super comfortable also , not much traction on wet surfaces though

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 20th, 2021, 1:32 pm

Who remember when bata sold a shoe with a built in compass?

tarzan
Sweet on this forum

Postby tarzan » October 20th, 2021, 1:50 pm

Wolfgang123
Street 2NR

Postby Wolfgang123 » October 20th, 2021, 2:31 pm

Got a pair of these from stockx
Attachments
139e4ce8a7c042778acd0b215d0ed1f5.jpg

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 20th, 2021, 3:46 pm

zoom rader wrote:Who remember when bata sold a shoe with a built in compass?

At the risk of exposing how old af I am

Yeah, I remember that :lol:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 20th, 2021, 3:57 pm

88sins wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Who remember when bata sold a shoe with a built in compass?

At the risk of exposing how old af I am

Yeah, I remember that
Eliteauto might remember that shoe

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”