TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

I am too old to keep wearing sneakers everyday .....

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

altec
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby altec » October 16th, 2021, 10:25 pm

Ok I hit the big 50... and the sneaker look is not cutting it again. Where sells decent chukka boots in TT?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: I am too old to keep wearing sneakers everyday .....

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 16th, 2021, 10:45 pm

footwear in trinidad is overpriced and sometimes dated.
Amazon + seabox beats local pricing imho

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 16th, 2021, 10:57 pm

Might want to consider boat shoes also.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 16th, 2021, 11:06 pm

Hello altec,

Check out Aldo in Trinidad. Google to get the locations near you.

Or there is Timberland as well.

If you looking for some nice comfort, check out Skechers. Might be a lil sneakersish but very comfortable.

Take it easy old timer.

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » October 16th, 2021, 11:28 pm

altec wrote:Ok I hit the big 50... and the sneaker look is not cutting it again. Where sells decent chukka boots in TT?

LOL ... This happened to me last year ... must be a getting older thing ... Second the suggestion of amazon bro ... But i will check out Aldo.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » October 16th, 2021, 11:34 pm

altec wrote:Ok I hit the big 50... and the sneaker look is not cutting it again. Where sells decent chukka boots in TT?

Keep wearing sneakers. They provide ample ankle support etc. Now if you need to go formal for work or a dinner then switch it up but sneakers are healthy.

By sneakers I mean running shoes/gym shoes etc. Most ceos/billionaires thats what they wear to work when they don't need to be formal.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 16th, 2021, 11:44 pm

Ditto on the Aldo sneakers and casual shoes
Check Sperry Top-Sider - saw someone mentioned boat shoes

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » October 17th, 2021, 1:13 am

Embrace it and get some Birkenstock sandals.

You won't regret it.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » October 17th, 2021, 2:51 am

MaxPower wrote:Hello altec,

If you looking for some nice comfort, check out Skechers. Might be a lil sneakersish but very comfortable.

Take it easy old timer.

Aldo is my go to for shoes and boots but it is a lot CHEAPER to buy from Aldo online and ship via skybox.

work boots locally was $1,400 and when bought online ($80USD or $544TT) I paid approx $350 to clear....

same thing with an Aldo purse for the wifey.....$700 local but paid $40USD online with $80TT something to clear

support local my ass....

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 17th, 2021, 6:11 am

stev wrote:

Take it easy old timer.

Aldo is my go to for shoes and boots but it is a lot CHEAPER to buy from Aldo online and ship via skybox.

work boots locally was $1,400 and when bought online ($80USD or $544TT) I paid approx $350 to clear....

same thing with an Aldo purse for the wifey.....$700 local but paid $40USD online with $80TT something to clear

support local my ass....

Being 50 doesn't mean a damn thing bro.You be you . You don't need to change a damn thing if you studying other people's perceptions.
There are literally thousands of sneaker designs, just find one that suits your look.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 17th, 2021, 6:59 am

Comfort > looks for daily wear

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » October 17th, 2021, 7:59 am

YES!!!!

thread closed.

BTW yuh old to -

Lime all night
Listen to now a days music
Drive a tida yaris aqua cube and any other "youth man" car.
Eat heavy food pass 7 pm etc etc

Other people can inform you of the rest

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 17th, 2021, 8:12 am

Take it easy old timer.

Old timer :lol: Max how old are you?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 17th, 2021, 8:21 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:footwear in trinidad is overpriced and sometimes dated.

X1000

Below is a great compromise, really soft waterproof and tough...my second pair is 2014 vintage,
The first are still my beaters
A little dubbing every 6 months and you good

Timberland Men's Classic Trekker Oxford https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004F67PPS/re ... WXA63X574B

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 17th, 2021, 8:22 am

DMan7 wrote:Old timer :lol: Max how old are you?

Approaching the 40s very shortly bro.

U?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 17th, 2021, 8:26 am

MaxPower wrote:
DMan7 wrote:Old timer :lol: Max how old are you?

U?

Ahhh ok, I'm in my 30's.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 17th, 2021, 8:26 am

MaxPower wrote:
DMan7 wrote:Old timer Max how old are you?

U?
Max and OP,

Age is just a number , it's how you feel and upkeep yourself that's all that matters. My dad was 76 and looked like 50. Liked his young boy sneakers.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 17th, 2021, 8:26 am

stev wrote:

Take it easy old timer.

support local my ass....

X2,

I order everything online even if it costs more.

Better products and service.

The only thing i buy here is the perishables.

OP can also check out Skechers.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » October 17th, 2021, 8:40 am

MaxPower wrote:
stev wrote:

Take it easy old timer.

support local my ass....

X2,

I order everything online even if it costs more.

Better products and service.

The only thing i buy here is the perishables.

OP can also check out Skechers.
What sites you use to shop for your shoes online?

Bad Dog
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Bad Dog » October 17th, 2021, 9:00 am

Go For the business casual Bush Nunn MocToe Oxford.
https://www.nunnbush.ca/shop/style/83890-64.html

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 17th, 2021, 9:32 am

wtf wrote:What sites you use to shop for your shoes online?

I use Amazon mostly.

I also ordered directly on Aldo and Timberland.

Talking about chukkas the Timberland Wodehouse is very nice and non-ghetto.

Be sure to call your bank and associate a US address/other with your credit card for those sites that do not have T&T listed as a billing address country. I used a hotel address as my US billing address.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 17th, 2021, 9:36 am

MaxPower wrote:
wtf wrote:What sites you use to shop for your shoes online?

I use Amazon mostly.

I also ordered directly on Aldo and Timberland.

Talking about chukkas the Timberland Wodehouse is very nice and non-ghetto.

Be sure to call your bank and associate a US address/other with your credit card for those sites that do not have T&T listed as a billing address country. I used a hotel address as my US billing address.
Max,

I thought you support the 1 percent , ordering online is contrary to what you say

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 17th, 2021, 9:43 am

Stopped wearing sneakers years ago. Started wearing Skechers Casuals for all non work stuff. At a point I had at least one in each colour - brown (actually 2 pairs one laced one slip on), grey, black. Bought a black work work one and the a casual sneakers.

In the last year lost 4 pairs through use and aging though. One grew mildew for being unused for so so long and despite cleaning the mildew keeps coming back.

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » October 17th, 2021, 9:57 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:footwear in trinidad is overpriced and sometimes dated.

Yeah but, but how do you guarantee a proper fit?

Sizes in different brands don't fit alike. Even in the same brands its slightly different depending on the padding etc.

I got burned a couple times buying apparel online.

I prefer to spend the extra money and make sure I get proper fits.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 17th, 2021, 10:19 am

A man knows brands!
Rockport is also excellent as far as comfort goes and virtually any style.
Dockers used to be the go to but they don't seem to last as long as they used too.
Bostonians are also excellent but more on the dressy side.

As one ages the cartilage between bones diminish and you need more cushioning for walking etc.
Dr Scholls also has many various lines but not sure about the longevity aspect.
Bad Dog wrote:Go For the business casual Bush Nunn MocToe Oxford.
https://www.nunnbush.ca/shop/style/83890-64.html

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 17th, 2021, 10:19 am

OP

Sneakers for men over 50 is a topic that can go both ways. I recently read a very popular men’s style blog that said if you are over 50 do not ever wear sneakers. I’m here to counter that with a strong YES YOU CAN!
To the left is yours truly (me) wearing a pair of simple, white sneakers with fitted jeans and a t-shirt. Because I work out a lot I can pull of wear more fitted clothes, so if you are carrying a few extra pounds, don’t go quite so fitted with your clothes.
When you meet women casually you want to look sporty. Athletic. This will make you more attractive to her.
The key to sneakers is choosing ones that are in style and that coordinate well with either shorts or jeans. With that being said I am in strong agreement with that style blog that no man over 50 should EVER wear running shoes with casual attire. Meaning casual shorts or jeans. You will look like an old man in clothes which will attract no woman!

Styles Of Men’s Sneakers

[https://divorcedmanover50]Warning: Do not EVER go shiny! In my opinion, a shiny sneaker of any kind comes across feminine, not masculine. So even if you find a pair of sneakers you really like and they are shiny, remember what I just said.
With that being said, the only, and I mean only time you could get away with these would be with a pair of slacks. This is because the slacks are more than casual so the shiny sneakers can have a look of a dressier pair of shoes.
But…I’m not a fan of any kind of sneaker with slacks so bare that in mind when you are considering shiny sneakers like the ones to the right.

Mesh Sneakers For Summertime

[https://divorcedmanover50]Because I live in hot Arizona I’m always looking for lightweight clothes and shoes to be more comfortable when I’m out and about with a woman. Because of this I like mesh sneakers a lot.
My favorite brand for most of my sneakers is called Greats I wish I got paid to promote them but I do not. To the left is a gray pair I wear a lot. Just look at how clean, simple and sporty they look. I can wear these with shorts and jeans all day long. They are in that $100-$200 price range which is perfect for a good pair of sneakers.

How Much Should You Spend On Sneakers

Sneakers can range anywhere between $40 all the way up to several hundred dollars. Depending on your budget, you can get a nice, stylish sneaker for under $100 and they will last you several years, so well worth it. When you get under around $70 you are not getting a quality shoe, and most likely it will not be comfortable and will not last long.

Leather Sneakers Or Not

This is the gray area in my opinion. Looking at the picture above, those are most likely leather and they are more dressy than casual. If you can find leather that does not have that shine to it, you’d be better off. Most of the time, I opt for cotton or mesh sneakers, and if I go leather, it’s white only. White leather sneakers are universal to almost anything you wear, but it’s a certain style of sneaker … NOT a running shoe!

Colors Of Sneakers To Consider

[https://divorcedmanover50]If you want to maintain a masculine look always go with blacks, grays, and the occasional white. The reason being they are strong, masculine colors that can go with anything whether it’s shorts or pants. You want to stay away from colors as it will come across less masculine and not a good first impression when you are meeting an attractive woman.
This is a pair of white leather sneakers that I like and have a similar pair and they look great with jeans and shorts. Simple style that you can wear for years.

Keep Your Sneakers Clean

I’m a bit OCD on this, but there is nothing worse for a mature man than to show up on a date with dirty sneakers. Guys…don’t ever do this! It is a terrible first impression of you, and the woman will notice right away.
The sides of the shoes MUST BE CLEAN. This is the rubber around the sides of the shoes. This one can be a hassle to clean, and they get dirty after typically one wearing. I use Clorox wipes, scrub them with dish soap and a rough pad.
Whether it’s okay to do or not, I wash my sneakers (not leather ones) like I do my clothes, and then let them dry in room temperature. Never let them dry outside, especially if it’s warm but if they are mesh or cotton, they will shrink.

Slip-On Sneakers Can Work

Warning: Do not wear the skateboarder brands, including Vans. You will scream old man who has no fashion sense which will turn off a woman very quickly.
[https://divorcedmanover50]Another style of sneaker is the slip-on. Over the years I’ve gone back and forth on this style. I’ve liked it for a while, and other times not so much. I think the reason why is because you do see a lot of older men wearing them and I think one of the reasons is it saves them from bending over to tie them. If you have a bad back, head over to my Fit Men Over 50 Instagram and become part of that community where you will see exercises and nutrition tips to get in the best shape of our life.
Warning: Do NOT wear slip-on converse with no shoelaces! This is ridiculous for a midlife man to wear. You may think you’re cool, but you’re not. Women will laugh at this for sure.

Never Wear Running Shoes

When you are dressing to go out whether it’s a lunch, coffee, brunch or early dinner, never…and I mean never wear running shoes with casual clothes! This is an absolute NEVER! If you want to look like an out-of-style old man then go ahead and be lazy and wear your running shoes with casual shorts, or even worse jeans. If you do, you should not probably ever read another article on this website.

https://divorcedmanover50.com/sneakers- ... 20woman%21

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » October 17th, 2021, 10:22 am

Zoom write a whole Sunday Editorial.
Hmmm

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » October 17th, 2021, 11:36 am

teems1 wrote:
Embrace it and get some Birkenstock sandals.

You won't regret it.
This! Those things are incredibly comfortable

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 17th, 2021, 11:55 am

hover11 wrote:Max,

I thought you support the 1 percent , ordering online is contrary to what you say

Jason,

I support the 1% and i also shop online.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 17th, 2021, 12:08 pm

Maybe somebody in here could help me...what type/brand are these?? Clarks?
Attachments
Screenshot_20211017-125209.png

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”