Forums

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

Postby Chimera » January 13th, 2021, 5:23 pm

daxt0r wrote:bwda for that money ah man could get ah i12pro, real robbery unless they have ah on-terms plan or some kinda carrier bundle with unlimited data for a year or smth

cant say robbery if they have to pay rent, workers, buy USD at a exorbitant rate and have the item in stock for immediate purchase.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 15th, 2021, 1:23 pm

New MacBook Pro Models to Feature Flat-Edged Design, MagSafe, No Touch Bar and More Ports

Apple is working on two new MacBook Pro models that will feature significant design changes, well-respected Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said today in a note to investors that was obtained by MacRumors.

1. The two new models are equipped with about 14-inch and 16-inch displays, respectively.
2. In terms of casing design, the new models cancel the curvy design of existing models’ top and bottom parts and adopt a flat-edged form factor design similar to the ‌iPhone 12‌.
3. The ‌MagSafe‌ charging connector design is restored.
4. The OLED touch bar is removed, and the physical function buttons are restored.
5. There is no Intel CPU option for the new models.
6. They are equipped with more types of I/O, and most users may not need to purchase additional dongles.

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/01/15/ne ... safe-ports

zakz
Riding on 13's

Postby zakz » January 22nd, 2021, 1:25 pm

I trying to buy an i12 off of apple, but they don't accept my credit card or my paypal (outside US). How else am i supposed to pay them?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 22nd, 2021, 3:26 pm

zakz wrote:I trying to buy an i12 off of apple, but they don't accept my credit card or my paypal (outside US). How else am i supposed to pay them?

What delivery address did you use ?

zakz
Riding on 13's

Postby zakz » January 22nd, 2021, 11:13 pm

Kenjo wrote:
zakz wrote:I trying to buy an i12 off of apple, but they don't accept my credit card or my paypal (outside US). How else am i supposed to pay them?

What delivery address did you use ?

I got through to my bank and was able to get a US address. I was able to purchase it and it has shipped, i'm shipping to my skybox in miami (inviare), hoping i get through, i heard about apple not shipping to freight forwarders, maybe i will get lucky. But if not, i think i can just ship to my cousin in texas, and have him mail it to the skybox in miami?

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » January 23rd, 2021, 7:07 am

I tried buying an ipad on Apple Trinidad website to ship to Trinidad and I could not do that. When I contacted Customer Service I was told all the items are in Spanish and cannot be shipped here.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 23rd, 2021, 7:38 am

Gem_in_i wrote:I tried buying an ipad on Apple Trinidad website to ship to Trinidad and I could not do that. When I contacted Customer Service I was told all the items are in Spanish and cannot be shipped here.

Use the USA store

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » January 24th, 2021, 6:58 am

na zakz doh beat up yuh go get thru, i ordered my i12mini on Apple Store paying using local CC on the 11th an got it by 18th using trinebox.
only paid $54 to clear to AND got a year free AppleTV.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 24th, 2021, 11:56 am

looking for a wireless charger
any recommendations ?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 25th, 2021, 3:26 pm

pugboy wrote:looking for a wireless charger
any recommendations ?

bought the belkin for the iPhone se2, works good
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086K ... UTF8&psc=1

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 28th, 2021, 12:07 pm

Good afternoon.

I am trying to migrate data from a OnePlus 8 Pro android phone (running Android 11) to a new Apple iPhone 12 Pro (bought directly from Apple). I downloaded Apple's Move to iOS app to the OnePlus phone. I followed the instructions on the iPhone when setting it up for the first time. It was connected to the WiFi network. The mobile data connection on the OnePlus was disconnected so it was also only connected to the WiFi network. However, when the iPhone generates the code to input into the android phone and I input the code, I see a quick small message at the bottom of the OnePlus screen saying connection was successful, but then immediately afterwards the OnePlus is giving me an error message that it is not detecting the iPhone.

What am I doing wrong? The instructions are straightforward enough. I went on Apple's help website and did everything they recommended, but still no success.

Any advice will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.

RP

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » January 28th, 2021, 1:13 pm

Battery life on my 2 year old iPhone XR has taken a hit (battery health is at 86%). Want to hold off til the 2021 iPhones are out before replacing.

Do we have any authorized Apple Repair centers here? Or at least somewhere that can change the battery to a new ORIGINAL battery and also that I don’t get any genuine battery verification errors?

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » January 28th, 2021, 1:57 pm

jsm1985 wrote:Battery life on my 2 year old iPhone XR has taken a hit (battery health is at 86%). Want to hold off til the 2021 iPhones are out before replacing.

Do we have any authorized Apple Repair centers here? Or at least somewhere that can change the battery to a new ORIGINAL battery and also that I don’t get any genuine battery verification errors?

iWorld.
Carry lube

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » January 28th, 2021, 2:02 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:Good afternoon.

I am trying to migrate data from a OnePlus 8 Pro android phone (running Android 11) to a new Apple iPhone 12 Pro (bought directly from Apple). I downloaded Apple's Move to iOS app to the OnePlus phone. I followed the instructions on the iPhone when setting it up for the first time. It was connected to the WiFi network. The mobile data connection on the OnePlus was disconnected so it was also only connected to the WiFi network. However, when the iPhone generates the code to input into the android phone and I input the code, I see a quick small message at the bottom of the OnePlus screen saying connection was successful, but then immediately afterwards the OnePlus is giving me an error message that it is not detecting the iPhone.

What am I doing wrong? The instructions are straightforward enough. I went on Apple's help website and did everything they recommended, but still no success.

Any advice will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.

RP

Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201196

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 28th, 2021, 2:11 pm

jsm1985 wrote:Battery life on my 2 year old iPhone XR has taken a hit (battery health is at 86%). Want to hold off til the 2021 iPhones are out before replacing.

Carry it by a third party and get the battery replaced. It’s not expensive and worth it.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » January 28th, 2021, 2:33 pm

^^ or DIY

[URL]https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+XR+Battery+Replacement/116553[URL]

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 28th, 2021, 2:42 pm

2WNBoost wrote:^^ or DIY

Agreed. Worth it once one has patience and the right tools.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 28th, 2021, 7:24 pm

2WNBoost wrote:Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201196

Yes. I did all that already. But:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:. . .However, when the iPhone generates the code to input into the android phone and I input the code, I see a quick small message at the bottom of the OnePlus screen saying connection was successful, but then immediately afterwards the OnePlus is giving me an error message that it is not detecting the iPhone. . .

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 28th, 2021, 10:11 pm

You not alone inno
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/conn ... s.1368598/

That was a salty ass response to the question tho.

Apple have some recs

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250913904

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » January 29th, 2021, 12:26 am

^^ Don’t let a level 10 user on an Apple Tuner forum get to you.
Install the Apple Support app on your iPhone and talk to the people themselves.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Or you could call them

PS: Who knows the issue could be the Android device.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 29th, 2021, 4:02 pm

using a refurb xs over a week now
pretty happy with it so far.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 29th, 2021, 4:03 pm

replacement batteries are hit and miss tho
i changed 3 on my 6s all of varying quality and lifespan

2WNBoost wrote:^^ or DIY

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » January 29th, 2021, 8:38 pm

Apple does not make original parts available to 3rd parties. So the parts you buy online may not always work like OEM.
Screens are not as bright or responsive and as you said batteries are hit or miss.
It’s not always convenient to get the devices repaired at an official Apple Authorized dealer so we get what’s available.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 29th, 2021, 9:17 pm

Yea it have some real shitty batteries that people buying for 2 or 3usd and reselling locally. The good ones are 15 to 20 usd

ruffrider27
Riding on 16's

Postby ruffrider27 » January 29th, 2021, 9:29 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Yea it have some real shitty batteries that people buying for 2 or 3usd and reselling locally. The good ones are 15 to 20 usd

I changed my iPhone X battery out of warranty direct apple store , labour and new original apple battery $78 cad took 4 days

lionofzion
Street 2NR

Postby lionofzion » January 30th, 2021, 8:58 am

Should I repair the screen on my upgraded 2012 MBP or go for the M1? The M1 line is impressive and I have looked at several reviews. Will be using it for photo & video editing (4K files etc.) Really hard to decide to buy soon or wait til M1X line comes out.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » January 30th, 2021, 10:02 am

lionofzion wrote:Should I repair the screen on my upgraded 2012 MBP or go for the M1? The M1 line is impressive and I have looked at several reviews. Will be using it for photo & video editing (4K files etc.) Really hard to decide to buy soon or wait til M1X line comes out.

Wait it you can, especially if you output to an external display.
Don’t buy first generation products from any company as you end up being a beta tester.
Wait for the update.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » February 1st, 2021, 3:41 pm

Trying to purchase an iPhone through Apple website using PayPal. The deduction went through fine via PayPal, no issues. But the Apple website says authorization error. Check paypal account.
There is no issues with the PayPal as the move is already withdrawn, just waiting Apple to take it.
Anyone knows what’s happening here?
Shipping to my skybox and the address of the skybox is linked to PayPal.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » February 1st, 2021, 4:30 pm

car wrote:Trying to purchase an iPhone through Apple website using PayPal. The deduction went through fine via PayPal, no issues. But the Apple website says authorization error. Check paypal account.
There is no issues with the PayPal as the move is already withdrawn, just waiting Apple to take it.
Anyone knows what’s happening here?
Shipping to my skybox and the address of the skybox is linked to PayPal.

Contact your bank.
The transaction may have been flagged as unusual.

zakz
Riding on 13's

Postby zakz » February 8th, 2021, 8:58 am

When setting up a new iphone, what region do we pick after the first boot up, US or trinidad? Just making sure i dont miss out on anything by choosing trinidad

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”