TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Ranger or Hilux

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
vat_hilux
Riding on 13's

Ranger or Hilux

Postby vat_hilux » May 26th, 2020, 10:25 am

Which do I choose purchasing a 4x4 . Are there any issues with the new ford ranger? Recently sold my 2012 hilux after 8 faithful years and 250k km with no issues. Thinking of purchasing the ranger now but not sure if I will get the same service from it. Any suggestions?

superstainless1250
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Ranger or Hilux

Postby superstainless1250 » May 26th, 2020, 4:18 pm

Toyota always better than Ford Ford has looks maybe some added features but it could never beat back a HILUX, and the Ford does have issues with the head an block

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 27th, 2020, 11:59 am

vat_hilux wrote:Which do I choose purchasing a 4x4 . Are there any issues with the new ford ranger? Recently sold my 2012 hilux after 8 faithful years and 250k km with no issues. Thinking of purchasing the ranger now but not sure if I will get the same service from it. Any suggestions?

I heard about minor electrical issues with the first gen heavy t rangers. The 3.2l ranger oil sump cannot be drained for longer than 10 minutes or the oil pump will lose prime and the engine will eat itself to death when you try to run it after.

vat_hilux
Riding on 13's

Postby vat_hilux » May 27th, 2020, 12:42 pm

Thanks. Any other issues?

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”