Tucson

Creta, Elantra, Santa Fe, Accent, Tuscon, Veloster, Sonata, i30

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Re: Tucson

Postby feeldavibe » May 8th, 2023, 9:47 am

So update on the Tucson window.

I disassembled the door myself on Saturday and removed the window motor. I wanted to test the motor off of the door to verify whether it was working. I removed the motor from the gear assembly (window regulator), plugged all the harnesses back in, including the master window controller, and tried the switch. Boom, the motor spins with the switch.

Great! Now I noticed when I removed the motor from the regulator, it kind of popped off as if it were jammed in there. For the sake of just trying, I re-installed the motor onto the door, plugged everything in again and tried the window. It works! I'm really not sure what happened, but it seems that the window jammed in the up position, and the motor just couldn't unstick itself, but me removing it from the door seemed to un-stick it.

It's not perfect though. On further testing, when I use the auto down or auto up feature, the window will sometimes stop halfway and change direction. If I press the button without clicking it all the way down, so in manual mode, it works perfectly.

I'm not sure what this means, I feel like maybe the regulator might be going bad, but for now, I've instructed the wife to use the window switch on manual up / down and refrain from using the auto feature.

Advertisement

Return to “HYUNDAI”