Forums

Yes, Kia Service at POS is crap

Sportage, Sorento, Soul, Rio, Cerato, Optima

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

altec
I LUV THIS PLACE

Yes, Kia Service at POS is crap

Postby altec » June 10th, 2018, 10:57 am

January my sportage went in for usual service. I told them I was getting a sporadic oscillating surge which happens when I put on the AC while driving. It would stop once the vehicle is switched off then restarted. They said to monitor it. So I bought a cheap bluetooth OBDII scantool and discovered I had a stored P0106 error code. Went back in April for usual service and told them about the code. Got back the bill with a additional charge of about $800.00 for cleaning the throttle body. There was also marked "upgraded software"
Did not mind once the problem was fixed. Two days later the facking problem occured again. On a whim I removed the tube to the throttle body and was floored. Those MOFOs just rubbed a rag around the throttle body and left most of the black gunk all around the butterfly valve.So I did research (youtube) and partially removed the throttle body for cleaning. The back of the valve was not not even touched. Three years of crud still there. So buyer beware if you service in POS.

masteredwardsli
Riding on 13's

Re: Yes, Kia Service at POS is crap

Postby masteredwardsli » October 11th, 2018, 10:26 pm

My experience, sando,lot of sea sand in carpet, missing screws and rubbers under chassis, part of car jack absent, what u get for not doing a full audit before your money spent. God alone knew what else but it works fine so I'm happy.

JhodiJhodes
Riding on 13's

Re: Yes, Kia Service at POS is crap

Postby JhodiJhodes » September 5th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Unhappy with the service, please go sign this petition https://www.change.org/p/kia-motors-glo ... dit_var=v1

Advertisement

Return to “KIA”