Forums

2008 sportage diesel

Sportage, Sorento, Soul, Rio, Cerato, Optima

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Re: 2008 sportage diesel

Postby ADONI » August 7th, 2017, 10:53 am

Ah telling yuh, it going to cost, once yuh open up and start to poke around.... Things may not go back to before and all too. Just be careful. Yuh thinking about doing a seal kit rebuild or?
You can maybe try a oil treatment like the liqui moly ceratec. I run one in mines, but only running it about 2,000km so far.

oscar.pata
Riding on 13's

Postby oscar.pata » August 11th, 2017, 8:48 am

Where every1 does go to buy common replacement parts? Eg oil filer, air filter, brakes pads, belts & etc. I dont want to keep going to southern sales & massy all d time

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » August 12th, 2017, 12:31 am

Go to a normal parts place with old parts, they usually will have the items

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » September 20th, 2017, 2:00 am

Ok guys, we've been quiet for a while, which is good..I went to Sookhai's to do a compression test. Compression is ok, oil loss is apparently caused by two blown washers on my two injectors, so they need to be serviced (all four) in addition to the high pressure pump. To service the pump is $1,500 parts and labour inclusive. The injector service is $2,500 with the potential to go up; most likely I'll have to change two nozzles at $1,500 a pop @ Sookhai's, to bring me to a grand total of $4,000 best case, $7,000 mid case if only nozzles are bad and $9,000 worst case if the two injectors are entirely bad. IIRC, Electro Diesel where I serviced the injectors last year quoted me $2,500 to service the pump, so Sookhai's isn't too bad for that. I'm thinking just to source two injectors online and let them replace the injectors outright since I can probably get two WHOLE injectors online for the price of one nozzle @ Sookhai's. I'll still have to pay the $2,500 to service the four injectors (or $1,200 at Electro Diesel and I can split the labour and let Sookhai's service the pump alone). What do you guys think?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 20th, 2017, 5:06 am

I do believe all those prices are over priced.

What symptoms you have with your injector pump thwt you thibk It needs servicing?

The brass washers aren't that expensive. Nozzles are. Personally I do think you are being ripped off.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » September 20th, 2017, 9:41 am

Wow, Sookhai changing nozzles now, a year ago they told me these injectors can't be repair, if bad you will have to get a new injector for $3,500. TBH I saw a rebuild kit for the injector pump on ebay for US$25 from Europe, but I guess you pay for expertise and the testing of the pump by Sookhai. The injector pump does start to leak after a while.
At the end Sookhai couldn't fix the hot start issue I had, their response after cleaning injectors and rebuilding the injector pump was, 'well these vehicles does give trouble after a while'...

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » September 20th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:I do believe all those prices are over priced.

What symptoms you have with your injector pump thwt you thibk It needs servicing?

The brass washers aren't that expensive. Nozzles are. Personally I do think you are being ripped off.

I haven't committed to Sookhai's as yet. So here's the backstory. Last year when I bought the vehicle it was smoking heavily, thick black smoke because two of my nozzles were swollen. Got those changed at Electro Diesel, plus the service so it was $2,300 for the two nozzles and $1,200 to service the 4 injectors, change seals, etc., but the guy told me I'd have to change the next two nozzles eventually so I figure that's whats up now. I went by Sookhai's for a compression test to see if my bad rings were responsible for the oil consumption, but my second suspicion was confirmed in that I have leaking injectors that are diluting my oil causing it to burn off. They The reason for the pump: the van is at 101k plus the tech yesterday said there's some diesel now starting to leak from the pump, hence the need to service it; just confirmed with Electro, $2,500 plus VAT to service the pump. I like DIY stuff but this is out of my league, because even if I buy the two injectors, I'd still have to recode them.

What you guys think though? If you all know anyone else that's trustworthy but more affordable don't be afraid to say.. :lol:

cressida_override
Sweet on this forum

Postby cressida_override » September 21st, 2017, 2:15 am

Joshie23 wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:I do believe all those prices are over priced.

I haven't committed to Sookhai's as yet. So here's the backstory. Last year when I bought the vehicle it was smoking heavily, thick black smoke because two of my nozzles were swollen. Got those changed at Electro Diesel, plus the service so it was $2,300 for the two nozzles and $1,200 to service the 4 injectors, change seals, etc., but the guy told me I'd have to change the next two nozzles eventually so I figure that's whats up now. I went by Sookhai's for a compression test to see if my bad rings were responsible for the oil consumption, but my second suspicion was confirmed in that I have leaking injectors that are diluting my oil causing it to burn off. They The reason for the pump: the van is at 101k plus the tech yesterday said there's some diesel now starting to leak from the pump, hence the need to service it; just confirmed with Electro, $2,500 plus VAT to service the pump. I like DIY stuff but this is out of my league, because even if I buy the two injectors, I'd still have to recode them.

What you guys think though? If you all know anyone else that's trustworthy but more affordable don't be afraid to say.. :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252520382564
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252419198287

I purchased the pump and 2x injectors from this seller on ebay some months back, they are refurbished oem parts in korea. Both items took between 3-4days from Korea to trinidad, the pump cost $2300 and the 2x injectors cost $1600 for both.
The pump took about 25mins to change and started on the 3rd crank, the injectors are a little harder to replace and took about 2hours. Regarding that recode talk with the injectors...there is nothing to sync back to the ecu....straight forward replacement and the van driving after normal, don't believe everything you read on those other forums.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 21st, 2017, 6:14 am

Injectors need to be recoded on certain vehicles. Stuff like the new revo 2.8 . New common rail stuff

Sent from my GT-I9060C using TriniTuner mobile app

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » September 21st, 2017, 10:26 am

Ted_v2 wrote:Injectors need to be recoded on certain vehicles. Stuff like the new revo 2.8 . New common rail stuff

Sent from my GT-I9060C using TriniTuner mobile app

I was reading on the Hyundai Forums that a guy had some trouble with his injectors on a Santa Fe upon changing them which he attributed to them needing to be recoded, which was incorrect so if Cressida got through without any problems then I should be ok once the part numbers line up, because as you said, the prices are ridiculous.

cressida_override wrote:Both items took between 3-4days from Korea to trinidad, the pump cost $2300 and the 2x injectors cost $1600 for both.
The pump took about 25mins to change and started on the 3rd crank, the injectors are a little harder to replace and took about 2hours.

Do you mind giving me a play by play of how to change out everything? Plus, why did you choose to replace the pump entirely instead of servicing it for cheaper?

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » September 22nd, 2017, 11:49 pm

I never had to recode any injectors.....I bought a set from a guy and worked perfect.....after rebuild, I had to get one bcuz when scrapping out head, I remove the top hat to use the tool to hammer it up and out.....I do believe once u remove the top hat, u need to recalibrate injectors....

But I got a used injector and vehicle works perfect......Also copper washers on injectors.....too thin ones will flatten and leak and too thick will lose some power and SMOKE like mad.....trust me, I did these mistakes already.....U need the correct size thickness copper washer and those little washers, is what fixed my dead power and black smoke issue....

I recently decided to scrap my cam gear cover, and take a pic at the timing and realized it was off a few teeth, causing a hard start and problem to idle on cold.....Set back timing, using a phone to take pics of the gear to make sure it spot on and after an hour or so.....finished and started faster than It ever did....power, LIKE WOW....no issues. And apparently, now with ac on and idling, the temp drops to about 1/4 which is a good sign to me.

Overall, I learned a lot from this vehicle and its now perfectly working but sadly selling bcuz we have a new hilux

satman
Riding on 13's

Postby satman » September 23rd, 2017, 11:16 am

Hey guys. Anyone have an alternator for diesel sportage for sale? 2008 model

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » September 29th, 2017, 6:28 pm

Nice info Cressida,
Guys you all running the original size tires?
Due for a change and thinking about going back to the original size, current 235/70/16 touching.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » December 4th, 2017, 9:35 am

I have a 07 diesel. I have two questions. Where can I get a power steering pump to buy and anyone knows where I can get white leds for the front indicators to buy? Bought a set and it worked in the back

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » December 5th, 2017, 9:14 am

trinidrift wrote:I have a 07 diesel. I have two questions. Where can I get a power steering pump to buy and anyone knows where I can get white leds for the front indicators to buy? Bought a set and it worked in the back

You can check PS Brotherhood for led bulbs.
Power steering pump check Car City in the Bamboo or Dollar savers has as well.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » December 5th, 2017, 10:05 am

trinidrift wrote:I have a 07 diesel. I have two questions. Where can I get a power steering pump to buy and anyone knows where I can get white leds for the front indicators to buy? Bought a set and it worked in the back

For the love of all that is good and holy..please don't be one of those guys to install white LEDs in your indicators..front or rear. It looks crisp in the night but the colour (or the lack thereof) defeats the purpose of an indicator, as it's near impossible to see in bright sunlight and that's pretty annoying, not to mention the fact that it's illegal, if you come across a dread enough police officer.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » December 5th, 2017, 10:26 am

Ok . Idk that they were illegal but on the same note where can get the leds?

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 7th, 2017, 7:08 am

Led most annoying.
Fog lights stoped working, never used them. May be a fuse will check today.

nutty4u2c
Street 2NR

Postby nutty4u2c » December 12th, 2017, 9:55 pm

Joshie23 wrote:

For the love of all that is good and holy..please don't be one of those guys to install white LEDs in your indicators..front or rear. It looks crisp in the night but the colour (or the lack thereof) defeats the purpose of an indicator, as it's near impossible to see in bright sunlight and that's pretty annoying, not to mention the fact that it's illegal, if you come across a dread enough police officer.

And they blink like they mad , yuh just don't see the stupid thing.
Last edited by nutty4u2c on December 12th, 2017, 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » December 12th, 2017, 9:56 pm

Ok

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » December 13th, 2017, 2:15 am

trinidrift wrote:Ok

Why am I getting the feeling that you're not heading our advice and you're still going to install the LEDs?

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » December 13th, 2017, 2:22 am

I am going to install the leds but not the whites. I just don't have time to do it yet. I already have the load resistors installed to take care of the hyper flashing

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » December 13th, 2017, 7:50 am

trinidrift wrote:I am going to install the leds but not the whites. I just don't have time to do it yet. I already have the load resistors installed to take care of the hyper flashing

OK great. Lol I wasn't going to say anything about the load resistors when nutty spoke about the hyper-flashing but since you already know and it's the yellow, carry on. :lol:

satman
Riding on 13's

Postby satman » January 18th, 2018, 11:59 pm

Good day guys.
I am looking for a power steering pump for the 2008 diesel Sportage. Or if someone can suggest where I can check for one.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » January 19th, 2018, 11:06 am

satman wrote:Good day guys.
I am looking for a power steering pump for the 2008 diesel Sportage. Or if someone can suggest where I can check for one.

Car City in the Bamboo

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » February 14th, 2018, 7:16 pm

Hey guys, starting to hear a knocking coming from the engine, sounds like the tappets. The vehicle use to be really quite, mileage now reach 107000km. Is there some sort of tappet adjustments required? When the sportage is fully warmed up the noise is less.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » February 14th, 2018, 9:58 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Hey guys, starting to hear a knocking coming from the engine, sounds like the tappets. The vehicle use to be really quite, mileage now reach 107000km. Is there some sort of tappet adjustments required? When the sportage is fully warmed up the noise is less.

I'm hearing some chattering as well; I'm at 110k km, but I'm due for an oil change plus I have two injectors to replace so there's that. I'm looking for a comprehensive FSM though, I don't think anyone here has one. On the suspension side, I have a CV joint and cradle bushings to replace along with my rear disc pads, anyone have best prices? I have my parts guy but I'd surely appreciate saving a dollar or two. :) After replacing the disc pads and servicing the drum for the handbrakes, where can I go to get the brakes bled, as the vehicle has ABS?

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » February 15th, 2018, 9:57 am

Hey joshie, I am under 3000km from my last oil change. Was thinking about the injectors, but it sounds so much like tappers needs adjusting. The disc pads I got at a normal parts place. I carried an old one. The CV. And cradle I have not replaced as yet.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » February 15th, 2018, 4:48 pm

I have my front end bushings to change. I buy all my parts by R.Dave in penal because his price is real low. Bought timing belt, serpentine belt, 2 gallons ams oil, jockey pulley and filters and spent around 600. The tensioner cost me $1300 from massy. Then my boy Adrian from rock road, penal charged me 600 to change and I dropped in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » February 15th, 2018, 9:37 pm

trinidrift wrote:I have my front end bushings to change. I buy all my parts by R.Dave in penal because his price is real low. Bought timing belt, serpentine belt, 2 gallons ams oil, jockey pulley and filters and spent around 600. The tensioner cost me $1300 from massy. Then my boy Adrian from rock road, penal charged me 600 to change and I dropped in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon

Well Dave is not too far from me so that's great. I bought my tensioner in for myself, cost me much less than Massy's price. Does Adrian do work on these vehicles specifically because I'm looking for a good, reasonable mechanic in south.

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Hey joshie, I am under 3000km from my last oil change. Was thinking about the injectors, but it sounds so much like tappers needs adjusting. The disc pads I got at a normal parts place. I carried an old one. The CV. And cradle I have not replaced as yet.

Great, well investigate further and let us know how it goes. I'll check Dave for my disc pads.

Advertisement

Return to “KIA”