Re: 2008 sportage diesel

Postby Black Scorpion » January 15th, 2017, 10:02 am

Did u check your glow plugs?

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 15th, 2017, 2:25 pm

Glow plugs are new, its getting current etc

I pulled out injectors and ran them outside, had to turn them so I can connect the rail lines and return lines and jacks....tumbled and well no injectors firing....So apparently, the coils are damaged and looks like they ran too much current to try and service and burnt the coils.

Will have to go back and find out what happened bcuz they were working before they did "service" on them.

I ran a direct to it, that is tapping the wire and nothing....just sparking indicating something is shorting

This is upsetting. Now I need injectors

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 16th, 2017, 7:10 am

Ended up getting some injectors last night for a bess price that is also serviced recently. Van started right up but had to cut off one time due to time. This morning its gonna be to idle and check how its smoking now and wash van

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 16th, 2017, 6:49 pm

Still smoking, more than before, which leads me to believe my injectors were never at fault, but I got them destroyed by a service place :S

It also starts and cuts off now and hard starting. I have endless fuel pressure.

Ive been told its either the airflow for my laggy revving and the fuel rail pressure switch causing the cut off

If this works after changing all that, wont make sense selling the van when its working 100%.

*sighs* Never me and a local used diesel in life again.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » January 16th, 2017, 7:34 pm

747 TECHNOLOGIES wrote:Still smoking, more than before, which leads me to believe my injectors were never at fault, but I got them destroyed by a service place :S

It also starts and cuts off now and hard starting. I have endless fuel pressure.

Ive been told its either the airflow for my laggy revving and the fuel rail pressure switch causing the cut off

If this works after changing all that, wont make sense selling the van when its working 100%.

*sighs* Never me and a local used diesel in life again.

How about running a diagnostic scan bro..instead of blindly troubleshooting. That should allow you to narrow down certain things..troubleshooting 'by ear' on these sensor-laden vehicles is definitely a bad (and costly) idea..at least you've ruled out injectors..do a scan before you spend money on sensors or worse yet, your fuel pump or something.

Still waiting on the advice about the treatment guys..my Amsoil bottles are now empty. Doing my oil change tomorrow, decided to give the Chevron from Pricesmart another chance. Denckermann filter from ED's in Vistabella.. $42.00. Check him out. Can't go wrong since they're changed every 5k km with the oil.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 17th, 2017, 1:06 am

Been waiting on 3 people to come who say they will scan it and none can reach....If I try to drive it, it will cut off in like 10 seconds.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » January 17th, 2017, 9:34 am

747 TECHNOLOGIES wrote:Been waiting on 3 people to come who say they will scan it and none can reach....If I try to drive it, it will cut off in like 10 seconds.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=692301

If you don't buy it, I will..one of these is a must have this rounds with all these sensors bro or we'll just keep paying $100 to scan to see what the CEL is about and then another $100 when we replace the sensor or whatever..that is, if we can get to the diagnostics person..

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » January 17th, 2017, 9:38 am

Tappet pan leaking now and seeing some diesel on the top of the cover by 3 of my injectors.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » January 17th, 2017, 9:44 am

Joshie23 wrote:
747 TECHNOLOGIES wrote:Been waiting on 3 people to come who say they will scan it and none can reach....If I try to drive it, it will cut off in like 10 seconds.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=692301

If you don't buy it, I will..one of these is a must have this rounds with all these sensors bro or we'll just keep paying $100 to scan to see what the CEL is about and then another $100 when we replace the sensor or whatever..that is, if we can get to the diagnostics person..

I was actually thinking of buy this, because on youtube Chrisfix has one. However, as the seller says it is not working on his Hilux and also have Hilux in the yard...

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » January 17th, 2017, 8:01 pm

747, surprised you did not do a scan as yet.
I got this from Amazon works well with the Kia. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G5 ... UTF8&psc=1
The fuel sensor on the rail very rear goes bad, unless it was damaged if removed. Wondering if it's your fuel pump? Also Have you notice any increase in your oil level? Or radiator level dropping or oily? You may have checked all those stuff already.
Joshie, for the last 8 months I have been using diesel injector cleaners from the service stations, I have tried different types from the unipet service station on pundit street in sanjuan. I keep a bottle of amsoil which I used when replacing the fuel filters, I pour in about quarter of the filter and screw it back on. The chevron from price mart I tried and did not notice much difference in mileage increase, the price was ok. I have been using the sakura filters for 65 dollars. The deckermann filter sound good from the price.

Adoin, if your tapped cover is leaking I would think you should see oil and not diesel. Check if any of the injector lines is leaking.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 18th, 2017, 7:31 am

no dropping radiator level again or no oil consumption, those are all good before I had put it down to change cover and seal and now all this headache for no reason.

The only thing I can say is the injectors I got need calibrating or something else wrong.

SNIPER, thanks for the link, I actually was looking for one to work on Kia as I had brought one in before and it doesn't work, it connects but keeps saying no trouble codes on certain vehicles like this kia.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » January 18th, 2017, 9:09 am

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Adoin, if your tapped cover is leaking I would think you should see oil and not diesel. Check if any of the injector lines is leaking.

Sorry, yes there is also oil settling below the tappet pan. So if you look below the fuel rail there is oil.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 18th, 2017, 6:08 pm

Got a scan today and that van just confused me.

I dunno if is how I left the battery on whole day but when he came, and started it, no check light.

He scanned it still and it only had stored previous codes which were fuel monitor sensor, fuel pressure sensor voltage circuit, mass airflow and egr.

But to be more detailed, while idling this morning, I unplugged airflow to get no difference, I unplugged both sensors on rail, the front sensor didn't do nothing except an idle difference, and then the side sensor shut it off. The EGR I unplugged the vacuum hose.

Im not sure if the sensors do need changing as well as airflow but currently, the check light is off and not coming on now.

However im still black smoking and they said its the airflow bcuz its smoking plenty, and its also driving very lazy and wont go no speeds really.

:(

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » January 18th, 2017, 6:54 pm

747 clean the MAF sensor, do an ECU reset and run it so, let the ECU adjust and sort it self out. Just stop trying to fix stuff. The ECU will sort it self out with in 500km or so. Oh and say a little pray on it too.....I feel you pick up a bad thing and carry her for a spin.

But then again you say no speed? Is it coming out of 3 gear? Is it able to go into overdrive? If not it's in fail safe mode. Check back all the sensor connection to the tranny see if any slack from your last bit of work you did.

Adoin, oil bellow the fuel rail could be from oil changes? If not there is a seal for the injectors, if any recent job was done and it was not tighten or over tighter, it may need changing I think it's a washer like the crush washer on the oil pan plug.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » January 19th, 2017, 12:42 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Adoin, oil bellow the fuel rail could be from oil changes? If not there is a seal for the injectors, if any recent job was done and it was not tighten or over tighter, it may need changing I think it's a washer like the crush washer on the oil pan plug.

Thanks for the help. However, I change my own oil to save time by the mechanic. Its now a 1000 km since I saw the oil and did my oil change. I washed off the oil in between that and notices the oil again. You are talking about the injector cap? I bought four new ones, six months ago when I was having hard starting, can't tell if it was change though...

Ah took some pics night before. This is after ah wash and run for a 500km or so.
Attachments
injector 4.jpg
injector 3.jpg
injector 2.jpg
injector 1.jpg
20170116_212406.jpg

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » January 19th, 2017, 8:15 pm

Yep, looks like both tappet cover and seal, if I can remember there is o rings seals under the tapped cover, looks like theses, maybe the guys that recently did work would know more. Check this link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-KIA-1-6-DIE ... s6&vxp=mtr

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 19th, 2017, 11:33 pm

I had issues with the 4 injector cover seals, I bought a new cover to fix my oil leak and im in this mess lol...

I carried the van for a longggggggggg drive and its insanely black smoking...I can melt a piston like that so Im waiting for a rail with both sensors to try. A guy from san juan is letting me try parts instead of buying, really helping out. Tried a MAF from a working one today and no fix.

Its possible the fuel monitor sensor on rail is bad so its not giving signal to the pressure sensor to decide how to adjust, which possibly dumping all the fuel on the injectors. Im suspecting its one of those as when I had the problem of starting and cutting off, I tapped the sensor a bit and it started and idled.

If its not that, only thing I can say, is that the injectors are either dumping which I doubt, bcuz I have warranty on them and also they came off a working vehicle. Ive heard about needing to recalibrate the injectors thru a machine, and this guy in Lyndon street does it. So will have to let him come as well to double check. He himself told me remove back the EGR and check and see if its sticking, so will do that tomorrow.

But he said If I drove it today all day and did nothing, not even a bit of clearing up, then theres nothing for the ecu to set back itself which I myself thought was the case.

Most likely after this vehicle is fixed, might think of selling for real for a newer model....got a ride in one and damn its nice and quick for a diesel. I MEAN REALLLLLL QUICK

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » January 20th, 2017, 8:29 am

Sniper man thanks! I going order my tappet pan gasket and yes there are 4 O rings as well below the tappet pan.

Boi, 747, one of my co-worker, parents have a PBZ TUCSON diesel from new, they fed up and just going park it up. They change real sensors, by new pumps and injectors. They have the hard start issue. Last mechanic they try said change d engine...
Yup the new models have real fire! My sis has one and is real toes, hitting 180km normal and if yuh mash hard it does wine.
Attachments
tappet pan.JPG

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 20th, 2017, 10:43 pm

Yea fellers....i put rel diesel men to the test with this van.

I just pulled everything put myself and think about it and realized something not mixing right.

Pulled back out injectors and back track and removed new copper washers and put injectors back on. Started quicker and back to the normal light smoke situation which we was happy with.

The old ones were stuck and oversized. I catch my ass to remove them today and put the new ones. Van starts quicker and idles better.

I no i got alot of stuff in chambers when clean so hoping a good drive blows out whatever and smoke finally stops.

However from what i see and been told....alot of saturated diesel is soaked in exhaust snd will take some time maybe days for it to burn out and stop smoking.

However touching the pedal i getting good response...havent driven on road as i now started but moving in yard is very good.

Finally i got this van back up. So far no oil leaks but im two minded of this brand of grey silicone autorama gave me....felt kinda light.

What a relief. However seeing that the rail sensors were stored codes im guessing they will still need changing as thats responsible for power loss sometimes.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 21st, 2017, 10:57 am

Working better and little to no smoke. Turbo might be throwing oil causing slight blue smoke bcuz oil in throttle body settling but small ting. Van starts and idles and works better.

And now done clean inside out

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » January 22nd, 2017, 4:44 am

Nice man, van looks good. So the washers were to big? Causing incorrect length for the injectors?
How you get the exhaust so clean? I love to observe people exhaust while driving! ( vehicle exhaust, that is).

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 22nd, 2017, 10:33 am

The washers were too wide and was not seating down fully, causing smoking and loss of power. Now it works wayyyy better and no black smoke, except for the little blue smoke which is oil from the turbo. The copper washers I got was the exact diameter of the injector base before nozzle, so it sits down more nice. Im seeing no oil leak on the engine side now so im good. Used the van all night last night and was working nice.

SNIPER - The exhaust got back black from all day driving LOL....I used purple blaster to clean it to get that pic, lol I didn't even know they were chrome, I always thought it to be black lmao

Also, intercooler has a leak, so im losing power and black smoking on anything over half throttle but that's easy to fix.

Im now going to remove intercooler to see if I can use some steel epoxy or plastic weld or maybe get another intercooler from the guy today.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 22nd, 2017, 11:39 am

Theres my boost leak.....pretty big for a leak....ended up using an hose from my 93t engine as it had the same size and bend. Will just replace it this week since my car down months anyways lol.

Cant way to see how this thing boosts now

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 22nd, 2017, 6:07 pm

Working reallllllll nice and no smoke!!!! Looks like my problem journey is over! Finally a dream to drive again lol

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » January 23rd, 2017, 8:51 am

NIce mon! Things coming along! I also use purple blasted on my exhaust tail pipe every now and then.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » January 23rd, 2017, 10:17 am

I realize the exhausts remaining chrome since it not black smoking again so I gonna clean it properly later and clean it every time I wash the vehicle

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » January 23rd, 2017, 6:54 pm

747 glad you getting sort out. Who would think a washer cause all that.
Difinitely trying the purple blaster.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » January 23rd, 2017, 8:58 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:747 glad you getting sort out. Who would think a washer cause all that.

But Sniper acting like he doesn't know Purple Blaster is life..lols Glad you got your stuff sorted out 747, troubleshooting is headache for real.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » January 23rd, 2017, 9:03 pm

Yeah dude, I have never tried it, the bottle looks cheap and fake.

cressida_override
Sweet on this forum

Postby cressida_override » January 24th, 2017, 9:21 am

Joshie23 wrote:
SNIPER 3000 wrote:747 glad you getting sort out. Who would think a washer cause all that.

But Sniper acting like he doesn't know Purple Blaster is life..lols Glad you got your stuff sorted out 747, troubleshooting is headache for real.

purple blaster for the exhaust tip and engine bay paired with a power washer....cant go wrong.

Advertisement

Return to “KIA”