Forums

2008 sportage diesel

Sportage, Sorento, Soul, Rio, Cerato, Optima

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

cressida_override
Sweet on this forum

Re: 2008 sportage diesel

Postby cressida_override » October 30th, 2016, 9:23 am

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Also looking for a set of door visors, any where locally I can get them?

I imported a set from ebay, final cost was $275tt......i'm looking for the original sportage side steps, but nobody seems to carry accessories for the 2005-2010 model anymore.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » October 30th, 2016, 11:15 am

SNIPER 3000 wrote:ADONI,
you miss the bullet there. Happy it worked out. VMCOTT still did not give me the ok to bring the Sportage. Might take it to a kia mechanic in preysal . Anyone heard of him?
Said he works Kia doing the same jobs. What happened to you ADOIN is what I want to avoid. What clock spring you speaking about?

Try them again and see what they say but at the end of the day you aren't begging so don't be afraid to explore your options. The clock spring is the mechanism behind the steering wheel that allows an electrical connection to be made even while the steering is being turned..usually bursts if the mechanic who changes your steering rack is incompetent..like I said, previous owners doing..lack of my due diligence, water under the bridge. ZPF in Debe has it for $1000 foreign used (best price $800) and I can get it online new, for US $50 shipping inclusive..the only thing I might have to consider is that damn OPT..which brings me to Cressidas point..$275 online will be a bit more now with that 7% added..2 D Max in Chase Village has for my Tucson at $450 for the set i think who knows..online might still be better..

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » October 30th, 2016, 4:05 pm

Thanks guys, will consider the guy in preysal got some good reviews. Check another in curepe he did not seems to sure about the changing the timing belt but wanted 1800 to do the job.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » October 30th, 2016, 4:07 pm

ADOIN, I changed the tranny fluids my self, used the Hyundai tranny fluids at 79tt a quart, it took 6 quarts. Think it was SP111 specs.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » October 30th, 2016, 5:43 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Thanks guys, will consider the guy in preysal got some good reviews. Check another in curepe he did not seems to sure about the changing the timing belt but wanted 1800 to do the job.

SNIPER 3000 wrote:ADOIN, I changed the tranny fluids my self, used the Hyundai tranny fluids at 79tt a quart, it took 6 quarts. Think it was SP111 specs.

I think you're confusing me with Adoni :lol: but if the transmission took 6 quarts then I might pay to get it vacuumed out because that still leaves just about 2.2 quarts inside most likely in the torque converter, so I might want to get all of it out especially if I'm replacing with OEM fluids.

$1,800 is ridiculous though..even Massy isn't charging that much..men wicked oui..I mean yes it's a difficult job but my goodness..let us know how it goes man.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » October 31st, 2016, 9:05 am

Joshie23 wrote:
ADONI wrote:Yuh in business for a good while there with that service Josh.

Yeah thanks bro..tires in a gear and now engine on point..just need to replace my clock spring (as the previous owner didn't inform me that it was damaged but it was also a lack of my due diligence), and then maybe replace differential fluids and transmission fluids but I might do that at closer to 100k unless I need to do it before because if I spend anymore money on this van my wife will beat me and she'll make sure my daughter hears about it when she's born in some weeks :lol:

Scene, I checked my diff and well the oil was clean as ever. I opened the fill bolt and insert a straw to see the colour of the oil. It didn't need changing (remember diff would only 'work' when you turn on the 4WD). I couldn't check the transfer case, as fill bolt was a huge alan key. Tranny is a 15/16 or 24mm bolt, which drains about 5 quarts of fluid. Last price for a quart of SP 3 tranny fluid was $65.
I know the feeling, just change a CV boot, which leads to alignment after. Plus I had window switches giving trouble, which when I fix saw, that my speaker suspension burst away. No wonder my speaker was flapping when ah take a few beers...

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » October 31st, 2016, 9:11 am

lol 1800 for timing belt is usually Subaru STi prices as its like 8 times more difficult clamping 2 pullets while hoping the other 2 doesn't fling and rip your hand out lol.

Timing belt on these D4EA engines are very simple but requires patience. It requires the mount removed, the front cover removed and timing covers removed. Then make sure its timed on point and then holding the tensioner back remove the idler pulley and putting it on with the belt on it to make the job easier. Trying to slip it on with just using the tensioner spring back is headache

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » October 31st, 2016, 9:13 am

Anyone know if I can use quaker state or Castrol transmission oil? Looking to change transmission oil one time as today im finally changing out the cheap oil which makes it almost 2 weeks of driving. Dipstick has NOW started to turn a little blackish clear. I remember before when I changed oil, dipstick looked gold before starting with oil and black the same day after driving.

Also if I turn on the 4wd, is it supposed to kinda feel draggy or like somewhat weird? Turned it on and figured it should be used for mud or stuck somewhere or that kinda thing.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » October 31st, 2016, 10:00 am

I would say use the Hyundai tranny oil. Hyundai have the SP3 oil for those vehicles Hyundai/Kia. Also Mitsubishi SP3 tranny oil, its the same.
4WD light does light up on the dash and well yuh suppose to feel a rock on the van when yuh turned on or off.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 1st, 2016, 7:09 am

But how does it drive with the 4wd on? Can it be used everyday or is it just for like muddy areas or slippery areas? I fine it gives the van a lazier drive, like its holding 2nd gear from take off....similar to the subarus hold switch, it go drive grrrrr grrr lazy lazy lol. I never had use for it, tried it to reverse off a steep hill, didn't really help much lol.

Changed out the oils, filters etc yesterday, engine quiet, smooth and running nice.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » November 1st, 2016, 7:23 pm

747 TECHNOLOGIES wrote:But how does it drive with the 4wd on? Can it be used everyday or is it just for like muddy areas or slippery areas? I fine it gives the van a lazier drive, like its holding 2nd gear from take off....similar to the subarus hold switch, it go drive grrrrr grrr lazy lazy lol. I never had use for it, tried it to reverse off a steep hill, didn't really help much lol.

Changed out the oils, filters etc yesterday, engine quiet, smooth and running nice.

The 4WD is technically 'always on'..if the computer realizes slippage in the front wheels (yes the van is primarily front wheel drive) power is then split from 100% front, 0% back to a max of 50% front, 50% back up to I think 50 km/h. When you activate the 4WD LOCK switch, it sends power to your back wheels up to 30 km/h. After those thresholds, all power goes back to your front wheels. I'm assuming that for the 50:50 split, it's equivalent to selecting 4HI in a 4x4 pickup and when you press the 4WD LOCK Switch it's equivalent to selecting 4LO, hence the grr sound you get when it's on and the laziness.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 1st, 2016, 7:54 pm

sceneee...

Looks like I lost a day of fuel due to price raise lol....big difference for 100$ diesel compared to before

Dj_Bee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Dj_Bee » November 2nd, 2016, 7:59 am

ADONI wrote:1) Clean EGR, as opposed to Sookhai, which blank it and said it was passed a point to be too dirty to clean and needed a new EGR...
2) Change some seals on the injector pump. It wasn't leaking doh, but was rebuilt by Sookhai about a year before.
3) Service and calibrate injectors.
4) Full electrical check on van.

I had no choice, was living with the hot hard start issue for a few months. One weekend leaving by my parents in Rio and the van tumble till battery died. I just bite the bullet and decide to drop the van by him (Rio to Tableland is close), as I couldn't get nobody to fix the van. I have a friend with a PBZ same issue on a Tucson. The amount of parts Massy make them change is unbelievable... Usual Massy blame it on the quality of diesel. They have been bouncing around from mechanic to mechanic and still have the hot start issue.

The guy has about 20 diesel vehicles (80% being Hyundai and Kia) fixing and a crew of seven mechanics. The guy told me he has been fixing a lot of injectors that people clean and were told the injectors were bad by whoever service them.

If Sando is closer for you, then you can try out where Joshie went, because that place will actually service and change parts of the injectors, as oppose to Sookhai's making you buy a new injector ($3,500 per injector)...

Hope you get through, I know that hot hard start is frustrating, make you feel to drive it down into the sea,

Dropped the vehicle by the guy in table land on Monday, he checked it and called me yesterday, quoted me 6000 to get it running on the road with no issues and guarantee.
The problem the vehicle had was just hard start at times, you could actually see DIESEL on the fuel pump, sookhai did a check before and said two injectors were bad, and the fuel pump needed servicing.
I just left it by him as I already made the drive from central to there. I'll ask for a breakdown of services when I get the vehicle back on Thursday

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » November 2nd, 2016, 9:10 am

Oh gawd DJ_Bee, ah feeling like is I have to pelt out that 6K. To make you feel better, Sookhai would of charge you $3,500 for one injector and maybe a $2,000 to rebuild the pump. You do see the pump leaking if you look good by the engine cover. Also, you would also swear is a Bedford you driving, cause you will smell diesel.
You lucky, in one week you getting it back, the man keep my van for almost three weeks, but ah can't complain, that hard start issues was a pain in the neck.

Dj_Bee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Dj_Bee » November 4th, 2016, 12:21 pm

Just got back the vehicle, he said the hard starting issue was resolved. Performance seems to be better aswell,
He serviced the pump, and injectors.
Cost 5000

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » November 4th, 2016, 1:13 pm

Cool! Yup, it does come back a lil peppy after servicing the injectors. Good luck with the sale!

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » November 4th, 2016, 2:57 pm

Do you all leave the plastic engine cover on?
I have removed mines a while now just to inspects stuff. I was wondering if it was just for cosmetics or it serves a purpose?
Only thing I am thinking is its dampens the engine noise.

Dj_Bee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Dj_Bee » November 4th, 2016, 4:51 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Do you all leave the plastic engine cover on?
I have removed mines a while now just to inspects stuff. I was wondering if it was just for cosmetics or it serves a purpose?
Only thing I am thinking is its dampens the engine noise.

I always kept mine off, only put it back on when I got back the vehicle, it dampens the engine noise a lot, I was surprised

Dj_Bee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Dj_Bee » November 4th, 2016, 4:52 pm

ADONI wrote:Cool! Yup, it does come back a lil peppy after servicing the injectors. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » November 5th, 2016, 2:49 pm

Replaced the timing belt this morning, the guy took 2 hours, did a good job.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » November 5th, 2016, 10:01 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Replaced the timing belt this morning, the guy took 2 hours, did a good job.

I take it that includes all the components, like water pump and what not??

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » November 6th, 2016, 6:24 am

Yeah, did not replace the cam shaft seal.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 13th, 2016, 8:54 am

Been working good since I rebuilt.

Went maracas yesterday with it first time, had no issues, worked very good.

In the night going to queens park savanna, the van decided to turn into a monster, I have no clue but I had added 2oz of additive which helps with diesel cleanup etc but the van was speeding pass people like wow. I mean total crazy acceleration. Reaching 140-150 in no time was a breeze but realized my diesel needle moved a notch so I started back cruising LOL

Love this van

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 13th, 2016, 8:55 am

Wanna change transmission oil this week.

Anyone got front cradle arms to sell as well as shocks/springs? Mines are dead.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » November 13th, 2016, 9:08 am

747 TECHNOLOGIES wrote:Been working good since I rebuilt.

Went maracas yesterday with it first time, had no issues, worked very good.

In the night going to queens park savanna, the van decided to turn into a monster, I have no clue but I had added 2oz of additive which helps with diesel cleanup etc but the van was speeding pass people like wow. I mean total crazy acceleration. Reaching 140-150 in no time was a breeze but realized my diesel needle moved a notch so I started back cruising LOL

Love this van

I'm noticing a little white smoking on mine so I need to go back to my Amsoil..tried the Cyclo from Pricesmart...terrible..I also need to drain my water trap..noticed my sedimentor light staying on a little longer when I start up but I'm guessing that it's because I installed a new fuel filter so it's still 'breaking out' I guess..

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 13th, 2016, 7:41 pm

It shouldn't be on, I replaced mines 2 weeks ago and it goes off one time.

Im getting more grey/black smoke and i know its a bad injector or dribbling injector that needs replacing or repairing....just don't have funds to do so now.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » November 13th, 2016, 8:51 pm

It cuts off, I just never noticed it before, hence my notion that I needed to drain the filter. I did so and no difference, but no smoke, so it probably made a difference. Where'd you get the sensor to buy though and at what cost? I have a feeling that i'll need to replace mine at the next service because I noticed a crack on it.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 13th, 2016, 10:40 pm

Got it from southern sales in POS....its 285$ for it but bcuz of my garage I got it for cheaper. Massy also has it but its like 375$ by them...

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » November 14th, 2016, 9:30 am

Massy is usually on mess, but $90 isn't too bad of a difference and I have a Massy Card so I can get some points, or I can just boldfacedly go into Southern Sales and ask for the part for my Tucson :lol: that $90 can buy some eats for when I change the filter and what not.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 15th, 2016, 12:41 pm

This is depressing....van working good just so and as i full diesel damn temp started going up. Stopped on side and water pushing off radiator bottle.

I wondering if its air in system or wha.....seeing rusty spot on bypass hose and must be built air in system and leak out water on the beach run i did saturday.

*sighs* very sad now

Advertisement

Return to “KIA”