TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Sportage, Sorento, Soul, Rio, Cerato, Optima

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 45606
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 12:18 am
Location: Being the Change that I want to See
Contact:

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby ~Vēġó~ » August 31st, 2015, 10:58 pm

yeah...wait I paid 2300 for them......I bought me some heavy duty velcro at walmart and used that underneath the driver's mat.....kept the mat in place for a few days but just today I noticed the mat forward again....the velcro adhesive backing detached itself from the underside of the mat...
I think I will have to scruff the surface up a bit so that the adhesive would have a surface to latch onto....the mat also seems to have some kinda oily film on it so maybe that's why the adhesive let go....

Henfracar
Street 2NR
Posts: 43
Joined: November 6th, 2011, 11:43 am

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby Henfracar » September 1st, 2015, 8:27 am

vin123 wrote:Image


Image

I didn't go over any pavement of anything of the sort so I don't know why its broken.
Need some help locating this...what is the name of it?
I googled Stone shield and Front mud guard but didn't find anything....if push come to shove I will have to buy it in the firm.


thanks in advance

Hi, Sorry to be this late answering; save yourself a lot of money; buy foreign' Auto Parts Warehouse in California, USA sells these >> Left & Right Side Wheel Guards @ USD$40.27 each
; through Websource. Total cost is well below SS at TT$1100 each.

Henfracar
Street 2NR
Posts: 43
Joined: November 6th, 2011, 11:43 am

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby Henfracar » September 2nd, 2015, 10:52 am

Henfracar wrote:
vin123 wrote:Image


Image

I didn't go over any pavement of anything of the sort so I don't know why its broken.
Need some help locating this...what is the name of it?
I googled Stone shield and Front mud guard but didn't find anything....if push come to shove I will have to buy it in the firm.


thanks in advance

Hi, Sorry to be this late answering; save yourself a lot of money; buy foreign' Auto Parts Warehouse in California, USA sells these >> Left & Right Side Wheel Guards @ USD$40.27 each
; through Websource. Total cost is well below SS at TT$1100 each.



Just remembered that second co. It's KIA Parts Overstock.com and their listing covers everything KIA (ALL MODELS).
I was not surprised to learn that a whole lot of KIA parts are interchangeable across a number of different vehicles; Sorento & Sportage for instance share the same crankshaft and most engine parts. Just follow the link.
Nice feature here is the pictures in this catalog will help all us DIY guys; and the pricing, man is unbeatable, even with shipping cost added.

http://www.kiapartsoverstock.com/produc ... earchTerm=

User avatar
vin123
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 346
Joined: August 3rd, 2008, 6:56 pm
Location: 90° N , 0° W
Contact:

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby vin123 » September 9th, 2015, 11:55 am

Henfracar wrote:
Henfracar wrote:
vin123 wrote:Image


Image

I didn't go over any pavement of anything of the sort so I don't know why its broken.
Need some help locating this...what is the name of it?
I googled Stone shield and Front mud guard but didn't find anything....if push come to shove I will have to buy it in the firm.


thanks in advance

Hi, Sorry to be this late answering; save yourself a lot of money; buy foreign' Auto Parts Warehouse in California, USA sells these >> Left & Right Side Wheel Guards @ USD$40.27 each
; through Websource. Total cost is well below SS at TT$1100 each.



Just remembered that second co. It's KIA Parts Overstock.com and their listing covers everything KIA (ALL MODELS).
I was not surprised to learn that a whole lot of KIA parts are interchangeable across a number of different vehicles; Sorento & Sportage for instance share the same crankshaft and most engine parts. Just follow the link.
Nice feature here is the pictures in this catalog will help all us DIY guys; and the pricing, man is unbeatable, even with shipping cost added.

http://www.kiapartsoverstock.com/produc ... earchTerm=



much thanks!

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 290
Joined: July 11th, 2007, 2:35 am

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby kriticalkase » October 17th, 2015, 8:32 pm

Guys, anyone used an aftermarket brake pads on the present model Kia Sportage? Plz share your reviews. The brake dust on the Kia pads are ridiculous.

User avatar
sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 1988
Joined: April 12th, 2006, 7:53 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby sweeks » October 18th, 2015, 8:54 pm

I have a set of Bosch ... Feel free to check it out

Henfracar
Street 2NR
Posts: 43
Joined: November 6th, 2011, 11:43 am

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby Henfracar » October 2nd, 2016, 11:44 pm

kriticalkase wrote:Guys, anyone used an aftermarket brake pads on the present model Kia Sportage? Plz share your reviews. The brake dust on the Kia pads are ridiculous.


Gobin's Motor World, E. Mn Rd./Scott St junction, St. Augustine, sells the exact pads for the 2011 FWD diesel; ask for the Carens pads. No dust and real good price. They also carry oil and air filters.

User avatar
vin123
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 346
Joined: August 3rd, 2008, 6:56 pm
Location: 90° N , 0° W
Contact:

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby vin123 » October 21st, 2017, 9:42 pm

Hey guys what's up?
Just wondering, I'm no longer in the firm so has anyone done any changing to the transmission fluid?
I know it's sealed so I was just wondering.
hope everyone is good and enjoying their Sportage!

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 290
Joined: July 11th, 2007, 2:35 am

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby kriticalkase » October 22nd, 2017, 8:04 am

Hey,
The tranny oil can be changed.
Did a normal drain and refill at 100,000kms. The oil was anything but red.
I think it uses the same
Mitsubishi SP 111 tranny oil.

User avatar
vin123
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 346
Joined: August 3rd, 2008, 6:56 pm
Location: 90° N , 0° W
Contact:

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby vin123 » October 25th, 2017, 9:14 am

kriticalkase wrote:Hey,
The tranny oil can be changed.
Did a normal drain and refill at 100,000kms. The oil was anything but red.
I think it uses the same
Mitsubishi SP 111 tranny oil.



Hey Thanks,

I didn't know.
Where did you change it, in the firm or by your mech?
Can you verify the info please as I have never changed mines and now you have me wondering LOL
I have no transmission issues, just want to be safe.

thanks!

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 290
Joined: July 11th, 2007, 2:35 am

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby kriticalkase » October 25th, 2017, 8:08 pm

Check the owner’s manual if u have it. I sold the vehicle over a year ago. I am 95% sure it’s the SP111 tranny oil. It’s the same as the mitsu tranny oil.
I never had any issues but due to the mileage and heat generated based on our road conditions (traffic) I changed it. They did this for me in KIA pos. Keith Charles in south also does this for south kia. U can purchase the oil on the outside and take it with u. 6 quarts and u will be fine.

User avatar
sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 1988
Joined: April 12th, 2006, 7:53 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby sweeks » October 26th, 2017, 8:58 am

kriticalkase wrote:Check the owner’s manual if u have it.


If you don't let me know and I can check mine.

User avatar
vin123
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 346
Joined: August 3rd, 2008, 6:56 pm
Location: 90° N , 0° W
Contact:

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby vin123 » September 6th, 2020, 2:51 pm

Updated works on the Sportage 9 years after,

1. Two weeks ago the AC stoppedblowing cold. We changed the evaporator and everything working fine now.
2. Vibration was felt while highway driving so machined all four rotor discs.
3. When facing the engine bay the left engine mount was changed.
4. So far no other problems at 213k lol

User avatar
bgh
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 404
Joined: September 29th, 2004, 12:45 pm
Location: Arima
Contact:

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby bgh » September 6th, 2020, 3:43 pm

Nice....

After 7 years and 115k km.

Transmission inhibitor switch replacement @4years (SSL could not figure out the issue. I research the issue and bought the part from Massy motors. Same for the Wife car but from automotive components)

Brake rotors and pads from R1 concept online store.

Front bushings and ends replaced at Auto 8 about 3 years ago
No repairs to the rear suspension as yet.

Fog lights not working. SSL said I needed a new harness. Never repaired it as part was not available. Never tried again.

Right low beam bulb replaced.

BTW, if you need part numbers go-to this site
Kiapartsnow.com
Its easier to provide the part number when you need something.

kamakazi
punchin NOS
Posts: 2876
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:32 am

Re: 2011 model + Kia Sportage Owners

Postby kamakazi » September 6th, 2020, 4:31 pm

Ahhh... I'm guessing you have a right hand drive car.
vin123 wrote:Updated works on the Sportage 9 years after,

1. Two weeks ago the AC stoppedblowing cold. We changed the evaporator and everything working fine now.
2. Vibration was felt while highway driving so machined all four rotor discs.
3. When facing the engine bay the left engine mount was changed.
4. So far no other problems at 213k lol

Advertisement

Return to “KIA”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests