Forums

Owners of Kia Cerato/Cerato Koup

Sportage, Sorento, Soul, Rio, Cerato, Optima

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Owners of Kia Cerato/Cerato Koup

Postby Captainzaak » November 14th, 2012, 7:05 pm

acesinghit wrote:what are the new differences between the koup now and that which was launched in 2010?

- new updated 1.6
- 6-speed paddle shift
- 6 airbags
- leather seats
- push button start
- proximity/intelligent key

etc

6 air bags? I only have 2 :?
LED side indicator lamps

Saw the sedans are coming with 4 wheel disc break now, finally.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » November 15th, 2012, 12:49 am

2? i think the 2010 model has 4...not certain lol...
both have same seats and engine...

mars
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mars » November 24th, 2012, 2:08 am

Finally tried super, and guess what? i find the car performs better - faster acceleration, more "zip" overall...

Anjelus
Riding on 13's

Postby Anjelus » December 29th, 2012, 10:01 am

Hi Guys,

I am interested in buying the Koup but i have several stumbling blocks. One of them being the fuel consumption. Can anyone give me an idea how much I can get for a tank of gas? I would making runs from Chaguanas to POS 5 days a week primarily...with traffic particularly in the evenings. The rep told me i would have to fill twice a week! is this true?? Also can it use super? Because thats what I planned on using.

Does the car really drives like a fast car? I mean does it have pep and accelerates fast and stables at top speeds?

How much air bags does it have? I thought it was 6 air bags but now i hearing its 2 and only the 2.0 which they dont bring again (only on special order) has the 6. is this true?

For koup owners who have their koup several years now, can you comment on the reliability? do you get any problems?

Hows the suspension? do u feel everything in the road or is it ok?

Hows the audio system? is it good?? I may plan to remove the stock deck n replace with a double DIN...is this easy?

I really like the look of the car but also considering these cars. Other cars i looking at is the Lancer GLS and Hyundai Elantra. The elantra has great reviews and got 2012 North American car of the year award and i heard the fuel consumption is second to none. also, i always like the lancer..the look as well...i favour this cause or reliability...but the fact its a bit basic inside and more expensive of the lot and doesnt even have audio controls steering wheel...a bit disappointed...but i dunno...still confused after all..if i making such a large investment, wanna get something good that i would like and reliable....help would be appreciated! Thanks guys.

sudesh
Street 2NR

Postby sudesh » January 2nd, 2013, 8:33 pm

anyone have the factory service manual for the cerato?

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » January 3rd, 2013, 7:55 am

anjelus, I am not a Kia or Cerato or Koup owner but I can safely say on behalf of most of them, they are pretty much impressed with the car. Very few to little complaints in response to your concerns. Lastly, the Kia, like the Hyundai shares the same engine. Therefore, both are tuned to use super safely. The Koup is not a soft riding vehicle like a corolla on 14/15" stock rims, remember the Kia has stock 17" rims. In addition, do not expect WRX acceleration for a tiny 1.6 motor propelling a fairly heavy compact. It's a sporty alternative to a market full of boring/bland appliances. Go brave and be sure to do a thread search on this forum where the Koup was discussed in detail.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » January 3rd, 2013, 9:21 am

Anjelus wrote:Hi Guys,

I am interested in buying the Koup but i have several stumbling blocks. One of them being the fuel consumption. Can anyone give me an idea how much I can get for a tank of gas? I would making runs from Chaguanas to POS 5 days a week primarily...with traffic particularly in the evenings. The rep told me i would have to fill twice a week! is this true?? Also can it use super? Because thats what I planned on using. Uses Super comfortably. I drive from ElDorado to Couva everyday and fill twice a week or so ($100 each time). Gas consumption is average, roughly 3-400km per tank depending on how spirited you choose

Does the car really drives like a fast car? I mean does it have pep and accelerates fast and stables at top speeds? Very stable at higher speeds - difference between 80 and 180 near negligible. It isn't very fast though - a bit better off than your average sedan but nothing mind blowing..more than enough for the average enthusiast[color=#FF0000][/color]

How much air bags does it have? I thought it was 6 air bags but now i hearing its 2 and only the 2.0 which they dont bring again (only on special order) has the 6. is this true? Don't know. I've seen 4 deployable points on mine - i have the first gen koup. Can't say for the new one.

For koup owners who have their koup several years now, can you comment on the reliability? do you get any problems? Have had no problems whatsoever thus far - little over 2 years now.

Hows the suspension? do u feel everything in the road or is it ok? Its "sporty" - excellent handling...tradeoff is that its on the rougher side

Hows the audio system? is it good?? I may plan to remove the stock deck n replace with a double DIN...is this easy? Its pretty good. Again not mind-blowing but should be more than sufficient for non-audiophiles. Won't be east to replace - if you see the centre console you'd know why. However i'm sure its been done so you can research online and see what options are available

I really like the look of the car but also considering these cars. Other cars i looking at is the Lancer GLS and Hyundai Elantra. The elantra has great reviews and got 2012 North American car of the year award and i heard the fuel consumption is second to none. also, i always like the lancer..the look as well...i favour this cause or reliability...but the fact its a bit basic inside and more expensive of the lot and doesnt even have audio controls steering wheel...a bit disappointed...but i dunno...still confused after all..if i making such a large investment, wanna get something good that i would like and reliable....help would be appreciated! Thanks guys.
Its really down to personal preference at the end of the day - the Koup and Elantra are very similar wrt features - both blow the Lancer out of the water. Never drove the new Elantra but i'd certainly prefer the Koup to the Lancer in terms of driving experience as well. My suggestion would be drive both and see which you're more comfortable in.

Anjelus
Riding on 13's

Postby Anjelus » January 3rd, 2013, 8:11 pm

Thanks guys for taking the time to reply to my post and address my concerns in detail. So to your delight (and your advice has not gone in vain), I am purchasing one :) . The biggest problem, and you all will laugh at this but it is a huge dilemma for me :s , is to decide the colour. Its either the white or the sporty racing red colour. Its also due to availability as well but more on personal choice. What do you guys think : Racing red or White? :)

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum

Postby kriticalkase » January 3rd, 2013, 8:49 pm

white all the way!

Great choice in getting the cerato.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » January 4th, 2013, 1:06 am

i've got the red, which i'm selling...the white was my second choice lol

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » January 4th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Red with the gun metal rims

kadet100
Ricer

Postby kadet100 » January 8th, 2013, 1:04 am

Sooo anybody change out the factory deck yet on their koup/sedan and installed a double din deck? Have a koup few mths now and about to make the switch just not really excited bout losing the steering wheel controls. I know another owner who changed his deck and lost the steering controls, any success stories out dey?

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » January 9th, 2013, 10:00 am

worksux101 wrote:i've got the red, which i'm selling...the white was my second choice lol

selling already? May I enquire as to how so soon?

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » January 9th, 2013, 10:13 am

little over 2 years old...need something bigger, hence sportage...supposed to arrive at end of the month...
Would keep both if i could...love the little car...

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 12th, 2013, 2:10 pm

kadet100 wrote:Sooo anybody change out the factory deck yet on their koup/sedan and installed a double din deck? Have a koup few mths now and about to make the switch just not really excited bout losing the steering wheel controls. I know another owner who changed his deck and lost the steering controls, any success stories out dey?

Do your research u jus need a PAC SWI-JACK adaptor and the steering wheel controls will work with most popular aftermarket decks. Just google it,its very straight forward.

Nikki
Riding on 13's

Postby Nikki » January 15th, 2013, 7:00 am

Anyone changed tyres yet?
i need 4 new....

best prices i got are
955 Dunlop
900 Bridgestone (but only 2 left)
800 Firestone

thinking to go firestone........... but dont know anyone who bought it before...

Marct
Sweet on this forum

Postby Marct » January 15th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Yup changed mine In Nov got Kumho $4400 for all 4 balanced and aligned too

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum

Postby kriticalkase » January 16th, 2013, 8:45 pm

guys, the cerato came with 215/45/17 kumho.

Road noise was horrible. I changed to 215/50/17 dunlop and have zero regrets.

Dunlop cost approx 650 at tyre clinic. handling and ride have improved significantly.

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » January 17th, 2013, 8:21 pm

Hey guys, had the koup detailed by Karim Khan today.
Some shots

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum

Postby kriticalkase » January 17th, 2013, 8:51 pm

well done!!!

car looked like it still in the showroom.

did he just wash & wax to get that finish?
I think I will give him a call.

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » January 17th, 2013, 9:07 pm

kriticalkase wrote:well done!!!

car looked like it still in the showroom.

did he just wash & wax to get that finish?
I think I will give him a call.

Unfortunately last week Thursday a vehicle threw concrete on my car while parked at parkade, i was able to wash it off but it stained the paint pretty badly, (no scratches or dents) I called in Karim and he was able to safely remove it and gave the entire vehicle a wash/polish/wax.

The pics honestly don't do justice, you need to see this in person lol, I'd recommend him any day, his service is more than worth the investment.

PS. It looks better than how it came from the showroom, I'm not lying lol

Altec55
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Altec55 » January 18th, 2013, 12:49 am

anyone know the k&n drop in filter model # for the cerato?

Marct
Sweet on this forum

Postby Marct » March 29th, 2013, 12:28 pm

what's ur views on this new concept car?

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gallery.php/?g2_view=largephotos.Largephotos&g2_itemId=736014

looks like something we know

Adjudicator
Street 2NR

Postby Adjudicator » March 29th, 2013, 2:14 pm

Wow that certainly looks alot like the koup. I guess it's not a rip off until it becomes a production model but damn.

Anjelus
Riding on 13's

Postby Anjelus » April 21st, 2013, 1:28 am

New 2014 Kia Cerato Koup
Expected to be available 4Q 2013..
I heard most likely the 1.6T (FINALLY!) would not be available in Trinidad market :(
What do you all think of it?
Attachments
Kia-Forte_Koup_2014_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » May 7th, 2013, 8:02 am

Went and checked out the new Cerato yesterday, comes with with pretty awesome features i must say.

Going at $202,000 at the moment.

Note: The rims on the silver are aftermarket, not stock.

Anjelus
Riding on 13's

Postby Anjelus » May 7th, 2013, 9:57 am

I thought its 205k? Who told ya it's 202k?

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » May 7th, 2013, 9:22 pm

205k and less if you get a discount. Saw this car today and fell in love with it yes, and I really went to check the Sportage lol.

Seems to be extremely good value for the money, but not 1.6T.

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum

Postby kriticalkase » May 7th, 2013, 10:17 pm

it really looks nice but did anyone notice the Sailun tyres it comes with?
I see the optima came with nexen, the sorento which cost >$400,000 has roadstone.

I guess kia has faith in the korean tyres which is fine but i would have expected a more reputable tyre brand when spending so much cash.

Marct
Sweet on this forum

Postby Marct » December 15th, 2013, 10:59 am

Anyone knows where to get the KN drop in air filter for the Koup?

Advertisement

Return to “KIA”