TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

AutoSport D&W #5 Sunday 24th June at ARC.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: AutoSport D&W #5 Sunday 24th June at ARC.

Postby Rooki3 » June 20th, 2012, 11:38 pm

AutoSport wrote:
JDM_GUY wrote:whats the DB rating for the exhaust. This rule is so stupid.

Sorry sir, but you need to go and stay down Camden!

:lol: :lol:

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » June 21st, 2012, 8:15 am

AutoSport wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:
BANzai Rastafarai wrote:^^ right....man he (Francis Ottley) was awalking MAzda man we...was talking to him ast owhy those cirsuot cars HAVE to be so loud....he pulls me aside and says...."heheheheheh ent yuh does only see that in trini?...." and walks orf.......point was made....

And ask Francis if he remembers this also...."Remember many years ago, some Circuit cars came down from England, all had full exhausts which was the rule where they came from, ran just as fast."

Yes boy, is only in trini some feel they can do what they want, but sorry, not at ARA @ ARC!

You will always be backwards. How will you determine whats loud and whats not? You need to have a DB reader at the event. But knowing your organization you wouldn't have the experts, just like how you don't have them for everything else.

Be ignorant of the fact that you cant distinguish whats loud and whats not, x2 pointed out a good starting point, you should at least put some boarders.

saltydog
CARS Member

Postby saltydog » June 21st, 2012, 9:10 am

A dB meter would for sure be the correct way to determine how loud a car is, however there are some cars that you would not need a dB meter to tell that they are too loud. The real problem here is not so much the noise of the cars on the track but off of it. When on the track we have buffers in the bleachers and the fence that has a barrier, as well as the wind direction helping us out. But when persons are leaving and burning out outside the stables with their loud cars this is a problem.
So it is a case of maturity and common courtesy to others. Please remember that we are fortunate to use this facility, this is not a right. Even though we pay to use the car park we cannot do as we please.
There are rules and if the organizers cannot abide by them then they will be prohibited from using the facility. In the nicest possible manner I am asking that we support the event and abide by the rules of the owners of the facility

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » June 21st, 2012, 9:17 am

JDM_GUY wrote:
AutoSport wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:
BANzai Rastafarai wrote:^^ right....man he (Francis Ottley) was awalking MAzda man we...was talking to him ast owhy those cirsuot cars HAVE to be so loud....he pulls me aside and says...."heheheheheh ent yuh does only see that in trini?...." and walks orf.......point was made....

And ask Francis if he remembers this also...."Remember many years ago, some Circuit cars came down from England, all had full exhausts which was the rule where they came from, ran just as fast."

Yes boy, is only in trini some feel they can do what they want, but sorry, not at ARA @ ARC!

You will always be backwards. How will you determine whats loud and whats not? You need to have a DB reader at the event. But knowing your organization you wouldn't have the experts, just like how you don't have them for everything else.

Be ignorant of the fact that you cant distinguish whats loud and whats not, x2 pointed out a good starting point, you should at least put some boarders.

Were you at the briefing meeting last night to hear what was discussed with regards to the measuring of the DB? I highly doubt otherwise you would know what the plans were and you would have been able to voice your opinion and make suggestions, something I doubt you all have the privilege to do down at Camden.

Its simple really ... if you don't like the rules and regulations, as Autosport said "go and stay down Camden". Don't come here with your negativity and try to make a bacchanal out of something that working good.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » June 21st, 2012, 12:39 pm

Midnight_Demon wrote:
JDM_GUY wrote:
AutoSport wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:

Were you at the briefing meeting last night to hear what was discussed with regards to the measuring of the DB? I highly doubt otherwise you would know what the plans were and you would have been able to voice your opinion and make suggestions, something I doubt you all have the privilege to do down at Camden.

Its simple really ... if you don't like the rules and regulations, as Autosport said "go and stay down Camden". Don't come here with your negativity and try to make a bacchanal out of something that working good.

See why I am not wasting time here, and giving him a one-way pass to Camden!

biggreen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby biggreen » June 21st, 2012, 1:33 pm

Guys, are you are measuring for noise pollution/problems? if u measure the car at 100 db from 3ft then 8ft away from the car it will be less. When making these measurements you do zoning (out side of the carpark the level should not exceed let us say 86db in reality your mic could be more because of the frequency). I think you major problem as stated before is with the guys on the street. For the cars competing you need to establish baseline of is accepted db levels. Also give a timeline for it to be corrected/adjusted.

I was not at the meeting, so i don't know if it was discussed. Btw keep up the good work AutoSport.

dubcity
Street 2NR

Postby dubcity » June 21st, 2012, 1:49 pm

Don't see what the big fuss is about here.It was stated lastnite at the meeting that a DB meter would be in place for testing.Is either you pass or fail.If you fail,do some exhaust work and come back next event.

On a separate topic,do you guys think its fair to have fully stripped cars(interior,seats,etc) running in the same category as the normal daily driven ones.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » June 21st, 2012, 1:53 pm

biggreen wrote:Guys, are you are measuring for noise pollution/problems? if u measure the car at 100 db from 3ft then 8ft away from the car it will be less. When making these measurements you do zoning (out side of the carpark the level should not exceed let us say 86db in reality your mic could be more because of the frequency). I think you major problem as stated before is with the guys on the street. For the cars competing you need to establish baseline of is accepted db levels. Also give a timeline for it to be corrected/adjusted.

I was not at the meeting, so i don't know if it was discussed. Btw keep up the good work AutoSport.

And here we see a responsible response, which we appreciate. We continue to look at the bigger picture as it may affect so many others.

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » June 21st, 2012, 2:21 pm

dubcity wrote:Don't see what the big fuss is about here.It was stated lastnite at the meeting that a DB meter would be in place for testing.Is either you pass or fail.If you fail,do some exhaust work and come back next event.

On a separate topic,do you guys think its fair to have fully stripped cars(interior,seats,etc) running in the same category as the normal daily driven ones.

considering the catagories start off with engine cc and then down to times and break outs ...then yes

lets take a look

autonation full street red hatch civic - pushing what looks like about 150 / 160 whp
larry's full race prepared ignis sport - pushing 109 whp

these two cars ran almost identical times back to back

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » June 21st, 2012, 2:22 pm

sunday is a mare two days away........... any R35's showing

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » June 21st, 2012, 2:35 pm

moti wrote:sunday is a mare two days away........... any R35's showing

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » June 21st, 2012, 6:56 pm

JDM_GUY wrote:
AutoSport wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:

JDM_GUY..... be a little mature about this whole situation please, for you and all others who disagree with the simple rules place onto us at drag and wind, you and all others should be thankful for what the autosport committee has done for all of us by sanctioning these events and allowing us to have a fun filled family day atleast once a month, arc carpark isnt OWNED by autosport, it is RENTED, the contract i'm sure has strict rules given to the autosport body and thats why at some point they are passed onto competitors, please keep your immaturity and ignorant attitude to yourself, its simple,,,, if you dont agree with the autosport rules well then go down camden and be ttasa's beeeyotch, go let them milk your pocket with their test and tune fee's and their driving school fee's and their $300 and over raceday fee's and so forth, oh and dont forget if yuh carrying yuh family their, let them walk with their tallboots and pay their $100 to stand behind d mudfence, but in d meantime the other competitors including myself appreciates the fact that it only costs me $150 to have a day full of fun,and if i go there on sunday and my exhaust is too loud well then so be it, i'd fix it and return next month to enjoy myself,

THANK YOU AUTOSPORT , KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » June 21st, 2012, 10:51 pm

"the other competitors including myself appreciates the fact that it only costs me $150 to have a day full of fun"

This $150.00 facilitates three persons and two vehicles coming into a nice environment to have a whole day of fun!

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 21st, 2012, 11:31 pm

from le Autosport,

some engine sizes may need verifying.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » June 21st, 2012, 11:34 pm

Am I seeing an X6 in GT-3B ?

kes_vtec
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kes_vtec » June 22nd, 2012, 6:08 am

and i in group B

MAZTUNE
Riding on 17's

Postby MAZTUNE » June 22nd, 2012, 6:26 am

Cant make it....very...very sick... :-( oh well next one.

kes_vtec
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kes_vtec » June 22nd, 2012, 6:29 am

hope u feel better... all the best...

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » June 22nd, 2012, 8:47 am

Its unfair that they dropped the news now and not at the begging of the year when competition started.
Before drag and wine it did have solodex, and they clearly have there rules printed out and handed to there competitors, not give them as they go along.

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » June 22nd, 2012, 9:00 am

JDM_GUY wrote:Its unfair that they dropped the news now and not at the begging of the year when competition started.
Before drag and wine it did have solodex, and they clearly have there rules printed out and handed to there competitors, not give them as they go along.

but see, this is not solodex.... things have to be adjusted as it goes along as this is a new event with new rules and no one knows how it will go. the rule for loud exhaust was always there but a few cars took it too far last event thats why it will be enforced for this event.

matthew2730mvp
3NE 2NR for life

Postby matthew2730mvp » June 22nd, 2012, 12:52 pm

AutoSport wrote:"the other competitors including myself appreciates the fact that it only costs me $150 to have a day full of fun"

This $150.00 facilitates three persons and two vehicles coming into a nice environment to have a whole day of fun!

^^
An Rain doh stop D&W, Makes it even more exciting...Plus Drifting & Beautiful Ladies on show either driving or Modelling... :D :D

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » June 22nd, 2012, 2:29 pm

X2 wrote:Am I seeing an X6 in GT-3B ?

this......

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » June 22nd, 2012, 3:45 pm

I downloaded a DB meter app and it seems to work fine. dunno the limitations of the microphone on my android phone... i know that apple's iphone can at least read to 100db... maybe if someone has an iphone, they can download a similar app for verification on the day ?

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » June 23rd, 2012, 1:21 pm

Let's put it this way, man with external gated cars and side exit exhausts stay home :lol:.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » June 23rd, 2012, 2:19 pm

JDM_GUY wrote:Its unfair that they dropped the news now and not at the begging of the year when competition started.

So when did this issue arise re the extremely loud exhaust?

"but see, this is not solodex.... things have to be adjusted as it goes along as this is a new event with new rules and no one knows how it will go. the rule for loud exhaust was always there but a few cars took it too far last event thats why it will be enforced for this event."

"Let's put it this way, man with external gated cars and side exit exhausts stay home."

Please note that at briefing on Wednesday night we had 60 entries, with several more expected on Sunday morning.

We do not have a problem with those with loud exhausts NOT taking part!

So Mr. JDM_Guy, meet those who support you down Camden on Sunday at 10:00am!

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » June 23rd, 2012, 3:18 pm

Not many people that are actually competing will be affected by this issue. We can probably count the cars affected on one hand... and any serious enthusiast can easily figure out how to get the volume down on a loud exhaust.

I doubt my car will break the 'sound barrier', but I've already bolted a silencer in my muffler...

So why all the aching poonks ?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 23rd, 2012, 5:10 pm

two of the noisiest cars i can recall are civic's, and jdm guy worships at that alter. :lol: :lol:
seems silencing the noise will rob them of their "lustre".

speedwerk
Street 2NR

Postby speedwerk » June 24th, 2012, 8:19 am

Hey Rawle I did not see you respond to me second PM, hope you register me for the event .

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » June 24th, 2012, 8:46 am

So Mr. JDM_Guy, meet those who support you down Camden on Sunday at 10:00am

So grown up of you. I hope you have that DB reader at the event after all this fight down talk.

No hard feelings, I still competing.

alexfos101
3NE 2NR for life

Postby alexfos101 » June 24th, 2012, 1:57 pm

AutoSport wrote:We do not have a problem with those with loud exhausts NOT taking part!

So Mr. JDM_Guy, meet those who support you down Camden on Sunday at 10:00am!

How old are you sir? Expected better, then again i expect too much...

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”