Riding on 17's

Re: NIGHT DRAGS 27 th FEB 2016 WALLERFIELD

Postby Advent » February 1st, 2016, 3:32 pm

i dey

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Postby dragaholic » February 1st, 2016, 9:07 pm

so when is the first circuit meet for the year?

awesome
Street 2NR

Postby awesome » February 2nd, 2016, 7:17 am

6 th March 2016
circuit racing

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

NIGHT DRAGS at Wallerfield - Saturday 27th Feb 2016

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 4th, 2016, 12:51 pm

awesome
Street 2NR

Re: NIGHT DRAGS at Wallerfield - Saturday 27th Feb 2016

Postby awesome » February 5th, 2016, 6:51 am

Please note that information on this event and all TTPMSC events you can also call
Mr Fyzool Madan 684 4348 any board member of TTPMSC or TTASA Management

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » February 5th, 2016, 1:43 pm

awesome wrote:Please note that information on this event and all TTPMSC events you can also call
Mr Fyzool Madan 684 4348 any board member of TTPMSC or TTASA Management

Wait so if I call TTASA I can get info about drags. Weird but I was under the impression that TTPMSC..........oooohhhhhhhhhhh, I get it now *wink*, *wink*. Niceeee.

BTW allyuh cudda do better on da flyer eh, jes sayin. The design and layout doesn't really reflect a high degree of visual professionalism.

BTW again, is the proper official name for this place the Wallerfield International Raceway or the Frankie Boodram International Raceway or does Frankie Boodram only apply to the circuit side and Wallerfield to the 1/8 quarter mile. How this thing wukkin'

Linzi

HN Racing
Ricer

Postby HN Racing » February 5th, 2016, 7:52 pm

You call the NAMED people on the flyer ..... they got the answer.......they are the Organizer...

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » February 5th, 2016, 8:58 pm

T&T Motorsport Update [February 3rd 2016] :
>> By Steffan Teelucksingh @ TTMN <<
Greetings to all... Now that we are in the year 2016, I would like to share some views that are from the perspective of TTMN.
I bet if you bring up the topic of “Motorsports in T&T” now, there will be a more positive reaction from anyone, versus about 2-3 years ago. I wish we were almost at the point of victory– i.e. obtaining a permanent place for racing. It feels like we are very close with the constant use of Wallerfield and the hard-earned unity among different disciplines of racing, all working together to hold racing and prize-giving events or doing testing and practice. At first, recent usage of the facility was heavily criticized and discussed right here on TTMN, in a mega-post with hundreds of replies, now we see more comfortable groups of racers and spectators enjoying the ride through regular practice and competition meets.
We have to keep a positive mindset and pray that better will come our way, hoping that maybe one day may get Wallerfield or another permanent facility. For now, we have to keep showing Trinidad and Tobago that Motorsports is a massive, well appreciated and exciting form of sport in T&T that can take us all very far. These days it is looking like our economy needs some tourism dollars too.
For this year we have already started on a good note with something different–T&T's top Soca artist, Machel Montano opened a new door, when he released a Music Video for his big song “Waiting on the Stage” in Wallerfield! The nice part is they included the concept of what Wallerfield is mainly used for– racing. So while being a song about T&T Carnival, they exposed Machel in the video to Drag Racing against Frankyn Boodram, a moment which will been seen and shared by hundreds of thousands.
Also when we talk about recognition, the mainstream media is mainly responsible for putting it to the out to the public at large. I wonder if anyone has noticed that we are seeing more and more motorsports on local television. Almost every week on CNC3, sometimes twice for the week they will highlight an event or a racer in the Sport Insight segment. Also, I think all our old and new homegrown Motorsport Media groups deserve a ‘big up’ for their contribution over the years across T&T, the Caribbean and Internationally via magazines, videos, TV shows, social media, websites, and even just telling other people about everything concerning racing. The fact that mainstream media is finally starting to give us constructive attention, means that we are all doing something right.
Of course, very special mention must be made too of our racers for keeping the Spirit of Competition alive by continuously improving their machines and their driving skills. Some are representing T&T internationally and others have even set up their own facebook fan pages, taking the racing online. Likewise, big thanks to all the clubs, sponsors, organisers, officials, marshalls and volunteers who keep our events going, so people can enjoy doing and seeing what they love in safe environment, with some even growing up in it.
And speaking of exciting events, we have lots of them coming up like:
• ''Call Outs & Lets See 7's'' Drag Racing Event being help by a New Promoter ''Trinidad & Tobago Petro Gas Ltd'' on February 27th.
• TTPMC Competition Event March
• ''Performance Advantage'' (Foreign Based) Drag Racing Event featuring 3 Domestic (V8) Cars from USA and 3 Domestic Cars from Canada.
• CMRC 2016 on July 24th (My Birthday though smile emoticon )
There is more to come with nearly a full racing calendar for 2016. Stay tuned to TTMN and all our local racing media outlets… And let’s remember to keep a positive mindset and we will reach our common goal.
Special thanks to Narend Sooknarine for the professional assistance in this update.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 5th, 2016, 10:23 pm

^ glad to see some genuinely positive feedback and consistent coverage of racing at Wallerfield from TTMN!

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » February 6th, 2016, 12:54 am

HN Racing wrote:You call the NAMED people on the flyer ..... they got the answer.......they are the Organizer...

If you check back I didn't quote the flyer, I quoted Awesome, there are some overlaps that I though didn't exist. On the other hand I did say the flyer was terribly designed tho, who uses that kinda font in this day and age.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ glad to see some genuinely positive feedback and consistent coverage of racing at Wallerfield from TTMN!

You left out key operative words in the equation there papa. Wanna try to rephrase.

BTW which is it Wallerfield International Raceway (WIR) or Frankie Boodram International Raceway (FBIR). Jes asking cuz the info on the flyer might be wrong. See when you try to help out. smh.

Linzi

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 6th, 2016, 1:16 am

fiveforward wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ glad to see some genuinely positive feedback and consistent coverage of racing at Wallerfield from TTMN!

You left out key operative words in the equation there papa.
Such as?

fiveforward wrote:BTW which is it Wallerfield International Raceway (WIR) or Frankie Boodram International Raceway (FBIR). Jes asking cuz the info on the flyer might be wrong. See when you try to help out. smh.

Linzi
the official page for the venue has it as "Wallerfield International Raceway"
https://www.facebook.com/WallerfieldInt ... alRaceway/

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » February 6th, 2016, 11:14 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Such as?

Well you said racing, I'll just put the word Drag in for you, as it's important. Anyways it a rather long list but other words that come to mind are Bhaigan. Sale.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:the official page for the venue has it as "Wallerfield International Raceway"
https://www.facebook.com/WallerfieldInt ... alRaceway/

I get that but I kinda remember that last year it was OFFICIALLY launched the Frankie Boodram Wallerfield International Raceway (WIR) to much fanfare - I personally didn't like it, but dues had to be paid. All of a sudden it's just Wallerfield International Raceway. You pointing me to a Facebook page doesn't really answer my question unno. I jes wanna know if it was officially changed back, if not then the info on the flyer wrong as well as the Facebook page.

Jes saying.

Linzi

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » February 6th, 2016, 12:23 pm

When you're being viewed as the new Link Sampath of the Motorsport Community in some parallel universe of optimism but dont even realize it.

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » February 6th, 2016, 10:31 pm

^^^ Sigh. Hold orn eh. Flips thru the book, yup heard dat one before. Personally I find dat one insulting, I always thought myself to be 10 times worse, seems I gotta step my game up. Thanks for the vote of confidence tho.

BTW keep up the good work.

Linzi

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » February 7th, 2016, 2:29 pm

Linzi...

I can remember how you've always taken a stand FOR drag racing, looking to better the conditions and benefits to the racers. I remember when you first joined TTUNDRA. At first quite in the wings...then you became the "voice" behind the microphone at events.

Since the shift (demise/demotion/discontinuation/removal/loss-whatever) from Camden to Wallerfield, I've seen many attempts by TTASA to REACH out to the several sporting bodies.

TTDA had an event, Solodex had an event, Frankie had an event...or two, even Time Attack had one...For MONTHS the guys who were LOYAL to Camden/TTUNDRA <yeah the two were synonymous...continually cried down Wallerfield. Stating that TTASA was/is huffing the "promotional rights" to hold drag events....when constitutionally they had no right to...or at least what we understood to be the case.

When Robert Amar, as headstrong as he is... called ALL the bodies together a year ago at Wallers after their second CMRC event...the LAST person I thought I'd see at that meeting was Rawle Mahabir of Autosport. (the stories of the old feuds are too old to dig up) BUT...Autosport was represented...

I saw it initially as men "swallowing their pride for the sake of motorsport".

But as of now, with several successful drag events, drift events already concluded...with HUGE ..big name racers' support..it seems that drag racing has finally gotten a revival....without the help, or cooperation or blessings or attendance of the TTUNDRA executive

Now before you get all offended and such, just take the facts into consideration...

forget the perceived high handed approach of the TTASA board and their master stroke in forming a LEGITIMATE promotional body...yeah Stouty, Alvin etc...look at the fact that they have been able to hold several events, NOT perfect ones, not all successful financially, but EVENTS...with the likes of Ryan Garcia, Flambo, Rishi Kanick, Boost Factory, Rugrat, Shaws, Kingston 12, and to my utter surprise>>> Gordon Rooks...who we ALL know never take totoo from TTASA.

TTASA has secured the perimeter, installed lights, concrete barriers, stands, and even are in the process of building a new tower.

Yes Linzi...many many more have come to the table, but now, may I ask you...where is TTUNDRA in all of this?

Wasnt TTUNDRA formed to UNIFY...after all isn't that what the "U" in TTuNDRA stands for?

Isnt in the constitution of TTUNDRA to seek the best interests of their members, providing them with safe, and adequate facilities/venues as ALTERNATIVES to street racing?

In the past 16 months since TTUNDRA's losing Camden..and TTASA's OFFER both orally, via the internet and via the encouragement of FELLOW racers to COME TO THE PARTY....what has TTUNDRA been doing?
Besides you throwin cocky questions bout oh d font old, oh is Frankie track or is Wallers, oh the stoppin distance too short

Where is your executive palo?

How is your executive seeking the BEST interests of its racers by WAITIN for a mishap to point and say YUH SEE! YUH SEE!! and sendin fellas to check who roll over and who couldnt stop in time and the pits too far ....please do tell us how does TTUNDRA explain to its members WHY their 1/2million$ race cars have to STAY in storage when MEN COMIN FROM ALL D WAY GRENADA and ST LUCIA to race here?

Drag Racing is not where men play with dollies, nor is it a sport where good, warm buddy buddy relationships thrive...eh eh...its a cold, egotistical, full of oneself-pure manly assertion...its all about MONEY...you either spend it...or stay home...OR...watch from the stands...which MANY of the TTUNDRA faithful do.

So when you reply my dear Linzi, and dissect the m'auvais l'ange from the pure hard FACTS, I've stated...make SURE you answer on BEHALF of your members and executive.

Explain how is it that TTUNDRA prefers to sit and wait, slowing the progress of the racing fraternity... til they get things THEIR way?

Oh..and just in case you doh know...I was the one on behalf of the TTV8CC who VOTED with TTUNDRA and the then affiliates who made up The Motorsport Council to have OTHER affiliates hold their OWN events at Camden. Check dat wid yuh boy Pernell bee-fo you jump on the "where were you" train.

pls note: pic added for historical value..not meant to "gloat" or used as leverage...haha!
Attachments
12647099_1205532472809207_5837096515805249113_n.jpg

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » February 7th, 2016, 5:07 pm

^^^ What de.......I can't believe....this measure of outpouring is truely overwhelming - *chokes up a bit*

Now V8 Boyz in that immense pail of diatribe you took the time out to patiently heap on the masses with an obscene amount of dereliction, pretentiousness and decadence, lemme point out something that you may not know but THINK you do - Me. Relax, everybody tends to get it confused and I can understand, so because I am a nice person.

I am many things and wear many hats but unless otherwise stated, I officially speak for myself Linzi and I do so because I can, especially in this salacious forum where things can get outta hand. Now; you would realize that it says Linzi and JUST Linzi - not another name (yes there are others), not SixthSpeed Magazine editor; Not president of CDYPE (Caroni District Youth Peer Educators); not TYC trained SEX-ED Advocate & Counselor; not a communication designer at Sev7nth Interactive; not a member of the Lodge or any of the other interests that I represent both formally and informally.

Right, that deals with 3/4 of your obscure & obscene barrel wash. Now don't get it twisted I CAN go into cacahole mode but is carnival time and I not in the mood - right now. As for the next 1/4 well if that's how you want to put forth your "facts" then fine, who am I to argue with your seemingly endless supply of sac passe logic. I just commented on a terribly designed flyer (proven fact);a bit of misinformation with regards to a venue's OFFICIAL name (proven fact) and a bit of information that goes contrary to what was OFFICIALLY said (proven fact).

Honestly something hadda be wrong for there to be this amount of overreaction to what should be a really simple matter. The level of personal has me extremely curiously worried and paints a very worrisome albeit interesting picture that has peaked my curiosity. But n e how I got my answer.

Thanks for the inputs tho.

Linzi

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » February 7th, 2016, 6:03 pm

TYC trained SEX-ED Advocate & Counselor

Uhmm, tell me more...this, has peaked my interest!

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » February 8th, 2016, 11:16 am

Two points here.
First this..."I saw it initially as men "swallowing their pride for the sake of motorsport".
Should not be interpreted as swallowing pride but seeking to find out how serious this latest effort will be.

And secondly, sending out an SOS for Randy Glasgow to quickly grab up this lastest talent for his Comedy shows.

Hope this topic can return to its initial intention.

shady23
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby shady23 » February 11th, 2016, 10:42 am

Any update on the pricing?

awesome
Street 2NR

Postby awesome » February 13th, 2016, 3:58 pm

BRIEFING MEETING TO BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY 17TH FEBRUARY 2016 AT BOOTLEGGERS CHAGUANAS FOR 7:00PM.

TENT: $300.00

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT JAMEER ALI @ 680-2058.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.....

awesome
Street 2NR

Postby awesome » February 22nd, 2016, 8:14 pm

DRAG RACING UPDATE: Kids , Kids , Kids !!! Guess what ! This weekend tell your Mommy and Daddy to bring you early because the first 100 Kids to come will get a Racing Party Bag of goodies and a Hot Wheels toy at the T&T Petro Gas Ltd ''Call Outs & Lets See 7's'' Drag Racing February 27th (Night Only) @ Wallerfield Raceway. This Racing Party Bag is sponsored by your friends at Cell Plus , Zorce , Trinituner and Center Spot Speed Shop. Be there !!

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » February 23rd, 2016, 11:49 am

awesome wrote:DRAG RACING UPDATE: Kids , Kids , Kids !!! Guess what ! This weekend tell your Mommy and Daddy to bring you early because the first 100 Kids to come will get a Racing Party Bag of goodies and a Hot Wheels toy at the T&T Petro Gas Ltd ''Call Outs & Lets See 7's'' Drag Racing February 27th (Night Only) @ Wallerfield Raceway. This Racing Party Bag is sponsored by your friends at Cell Plus , Zorce , Trinituner and Center Spot Speed Shop. Be there !!

Very good initiative

awesome
Street 2NR

Postby awesome » February 25th, 2016, 7:23 am

DRAG RACING UPDATE 24th Feb: More wonderful things being done for the Kids, This time the Team has gave away 2000 free Tickets to various schools across T&T , so they can come and witness us doing what we do best in the Sport of Drag Racing at the T&T Petro Gas Ltd ''Call Outs & Lets See 7's'' Drag Racing February 27th @ the Wallerfield Raceway.
MORE DETAILS ON THIS TO COME !!

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » February 25th, 2016, 9:46 am

Scrutineering will start at Noon, and will close off at 6:00pm, so all those who are racing please ensure to get to the track no later than 5:00pm.

We plan to have the timing system set up by 1:00pm, from which time only competitors who have completed the scrutineering process can start to make practice runs.

This event will serve to confirm Brackets for drivers as they gradually fine-tune their cars and bikes. We are going to start to note competitor’s performances from first place to third place in each Bracket and allocate points for a Drag Racing Championship Series for 2016.

carholics
3NE 2NR for life

Postby carholics » February 26th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Need some Directions to get there..
Coming from south...

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » February 26th, 2016, 6:36 pm

awesome wrote:DRAG RACING UPDATE: Kids , Kids , Kids !!! Guess what ! This weekend tell your Mommy and Daddy to bring you early because the first 100 Kids to come will get a Racing Party Bag of goodies and a Hot Wheels toy at the T&T Petro Gas Ltd ''Call Outs & Lets See 7's'' Drag Racing February 27th (Night Only) @ Wallerfield Raceway. This Racing Party Bag is sponsored by your friends at Cell Plus , Zorce , Trinituner and Center Spot Speed Shop. Be there !!

Furkkk.. Wish I was 10 again..

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » February 26th, 2016, 11:07 pm

1 15 Valmik Nandlal Nissan B14
2 17 Gregory Rodriguez Subaru STI
3 33 Dale Mayers Mazda Rx7
4 39 Seeram Bunseelal Mustang V8
5 53 Clinton Jeffers Nissan B13 SR20
6 55 Venosh Maraj Turbo Starlet
7 83 Ainsley Medina Toyota Celica Rx
8 105 Jason Williams Nissan Laurel SR20
9 107 Geron Archer Mitsubishi CK4 2000
10 108 Everard Bowen Nissan B14
11 128 Dave Ramnarine Nissan S15
12 135 Stefan Ragbir Nissan Laurel
13 137 Fareed Chris Juman Evo 5
14 172 Mark Bartlett Mit Evo 7
15 174 Siew Kumar Gosein Toyota Supra
16 175 Jagdeo Seecharan Nissan Skyline
17 180 Jesse Singh Nissan Silvia
18 214 Anil Rannath Nissan B13 SR20
19 216 Allison Gajadhar Mit Evo 10
20 231 Ryan Achaibar Mit Lancer 2000
21 232 Josef Subhaw Nissan Skyline 3000
22 237 Vishal Persad Nissan 120Y
23 237 Visham Sooklal
24 262 Navin Ganesh Honda Civic
25 266 Aaron Nissan Skyline R32
26 269 Gordon Rooks Laurel V8
27 281 Ansar Francis Mit Lancer 2000
28 300 Oswaild Stoute Mazda Rx
29 317 Peter Laquis Mazda Rx7
30 318 Peter McCarthy Mit Lancer 2000
31 320 Roger Rodriguez Cefiro Nissan
32 341 Pritam Persad Nissan B14
33 342 Lemuel Henry Mit Lancer 2000
34 352 Riaz Mohammed Nissan Silva
35 357 Sean Ragbir Nissan Altime
36 361 Morinio Cintron/Lenin Ramperad Toyota Supra
37 369 Joel Bispath Subaru WRX
38 401 Andy Bissessar Project Dragster
39 402 Richard Hansraj Nissan 120Y
40 403 Stephen Telucksingh
41 404 Korie Dennis CK1 Lancer
42 405 Dion Mieres Hyundai Accent
43 406 Devindra Mongru Honda Integra R
44 407 Silus Boban BMW 325i
45 408 Mikhail Ali Mitsubishi Galant
46 409 Avinash Samlal Mitsubishi Evo
47 410 Riaz Mohammed Toyota Mark 2
48 411 Naim Salick Subaru WRX
49 412 Warren Persad Mitsubishi Evo 8
50 413 Ann Marie Bhim Mitsubishi Evo 9
51 414 Kiel Ouvent Lancer
52 415 Ryan Singh Mazda Rx7
53 416 Faisal Mahadeo Mitsubishi EVO
54 417 Faisal Mahadeo Nissan GTR
55 418 Emilio Sanovar Toyota Mark 2
56 419 Amral Ali Toyota AE92
64 444 Jesse Singh Mazra RX7
65 462 Abdel-Ahamad Mustapha Mit Galant 2.5
66 477 Amrit Ramroop Subaru Impreza Wrx Sti
67 534 Samuel Weekes Mit Evo 3
68 617 Anil Sooknanan Nissan B13
69 742 Richard Singh Mitsubishi Evo
70 764 Andre Koomalsingh Nissan Skyline
71 775 Vyshall Nandlal Subaru Forrester Sti
72 823 Deon Goodridge Nissan Primera
73 887 Lap Chung Quan BMW M5
74 888 Wayne Gajadhar Mit Evo8
75 982 Warren Carribon
76 2920 Don Ali Honda Civic

BIKES
77 99 Arun Lall Kawasaki
78 171 Sharaz Hosein Kawasaki
79 350 Garvin Gomez Kawasaki
80 600 Ian Atherly Kawasaki
81 1428 Kegan Samuel Honda CBR 1000

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » February 27th, 2016, 7:02 am

what a line up.... wishing all competitors a safe event.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » February 27th, 2016, 10:34 am

Keyser Soze wrote:what a line up.... wishing all competitors a safe event.

And this after the best efforts of those who claim to love Motor Sport failing miserably to stop those who really care to participate in a Drag Racing Event. Unbelievable but true.

Meanwhile we shall all make event effort to build and expand every discipline in Motor Sport.

Advertisement

Return to “Drag Racing”