Forums

International Night & Day Drags! - Wallerfield Nov 28 & 29

Official T&T Drag Racing Forum

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

International Night & Day Drags! - Wallerfield Nov 28 & 29

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 8th, 2015, 7:05 pm

TTPMC International Night & Day Drags Info: On Saturday Night November 28th & Sunday Afternoon 29th, TTPMC will be hosting their International Night & Day Drags with over 10 competitors coming from Antigua and Grenada.

Due to the tricky weather conditions and foreign cars coming, TTPMC decided to include racing on Sunday to assure both the local and foreign racers get more time (more passes) to race their Machines. Racing on Saturday begins Midday straight to Midnight and continues Sunday Afternoon so if competition is complete we can have some grudge runs and exhibition passes.

Due to additional Staff requirements and time needed to host this event , the fees had to be adjusted to suit.

Racers $700 both days
Tent $300 both days
Spectators $100 per day
Kids Free both Days
Limited VIP Area Tickets $1000

---Briefing Wednesday 18th @ Roasters (Formally Mojo's) 7PM

---Media Launch: Drivers wishing to be part of media Launch Wednesday 18th 10AM Canvas Resturant , Long Circular Road , St james Port of Spain can contact Alvin Jameer Ali @ 680-2058.

---Cocktail to welcome Foreign and Local Drivers at at Roasters on the Thursday 26th 7PM.
More Info and Entry Forms contact: Tony (681-8596), Riaz (687-1768), Stoute (798-0771) , Rainer (329-4085) , Jameer (680-2058)

The Saturday timetable is as follows:

Scrutineering from 11:00am.

Timing System will be up from 1:00pm for free practice.

Perfect reaction time will be 0.00

Competition will be Heads-up.

1st Session Runs – 2:00pm to 4:00pm – All competitors.

2nd Session Runs – 4:15pm – 6:15pm - All Competition runs to determine what Bracket you will be racing in. At the end of this session all competitors must Confirm and Sign Bracket Declaration Form.

Competitors who miss part or all of this Session will have to declare their Bracket notwithstanding their excuses.

3rd Session Runs – 6:30pm – 8:30pm – Qualifying runs. Competitors run in their respective Declared Brackets, and depending on the number of Competitors in the Bracket, the top 8 or top 6 or top 4 will be selected to move on to finals.

4th Session Runs - Finals – this will be a knockout coming down to the two finalists. Time-permitting, the final run can be the 2 best in 3. Or one run, to determine Bracket Winner.

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Re: International Night & Day Drags! - Wallerfield Nov 28 &

Postby eurotuner » November 9th, 2015, 10:51 am

this sounds really exciting and would really like to attend but would there be extra security as it's a night event? Also I attended a drag event about a month ago with a few first timers (1st time since the OLD wallerfield days) and it had so many people I hardly saw anything... just the sounds of the engines, I think they need to hire an event professional or for now/next event expand the amount of seating space. Aside from everything it's super awesome that night drags is GOnna be A thing in trinidad now.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 9th, 2015, 1:47 pm

Spectators $100 per day

No weekend pass ??

Vulcan Engineering
Riding on 13's

Postby Vulcan Engineering » November 9th, 2015, 7:08 pm

What is the tent about?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 9th, 2015, 11:55 pm

Vulcan Engineering wrote:What is the tent about?
for competitors in the pit area. Some competitors wish to have a tent and some don't

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 10th, 2015, 6:01 am

will be there with my team....

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » November 10th, 2015, 12:08 pm

Night event up wallers huh, this should be interesting. I sincerely hope they revise their policy with regards to certain issues that have been made mention of especially considering what has happened in previous events.

Especially with it being FIA sanctioned, TTASA endorsed and TTMPL hosted nah - Wait....lemme check....aren't those 3 the same people

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 10th, 2015, 1:04 pm

fiveforward wrote:Night event up wallers huh, this should be interesting. I sincerely hope they revise their policy with regards to certain issues that have been made mention of especially considering what has happened in previous events.

Especially with it being FIA sanctioned, TTASA endorsed and TTMPL hosted nah - Wait....lemme check....aren't those 3 the same people
Surely highly knowledgeable and experienced persons like yourself can assist them to ensure the event is safe and properly run. You should call them to assist instead of hoping. A lot of other drag racing people are 8-)

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » November 10th, 2015, 2:33 pm

I'm not that knowledgeable to be honest and my experience level is rather pale in comparison to the other people who assisting the soup including those in drags. So I doubt I qualify to lend anything.

But while I appreciate your hand to sing kumbayah and eat crix; I'd rather suck on the ripe oozing abscess from the anal cavity of a masturbating goat while in space on top the moon's scrotum than support this presently redundant and recalcitrant incarnation of TTASA (NGB) er sorry, TTMPL er sorry FIA rep, er sorry Circuit Association - so many hats i lost count.

Hugs :)

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 10th, 2015, 3:19 pm

fiveforward wrote:I'm not that knowledgeable to be honest and my experience level is rather pale in comparison to the other people who assisting the soup including those in drags. So I doubt I qualify to lend anything.

But while I appreciate your hand to sing kumbayah and eat crix; I'd rather suck on the ripe oozing abscess from the anal cavity of a masturbating goat while in space on top the moon's scrotum than support this presently redundant and recalcitrant incarnation of TTASA (NGB) er sorry, TTMPL er sorry FIA rep, er sorry Circuit Association - so many hats i lost count.

Hugs :)
cliff notes: "I don't think I'm qualified to say anything but I'll complain anyway."

4kin4kar
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4kin4kar » November 15th, 2015, 5:41 am

$700.00 to race for a trophy? No money? No fuel? Nothing? The racing money should at least go to the racers who make this event possible. The organisers are making money and not giving back to the sport. I personally will be boycotting.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 15th, 2015, 6:50 am

I don't compete in drag racing, but WE have already organised a big barbecue lime AND WE WILL BE THERE TO TAKE IN THE ACTION.....
we doh have time to lissen to 'boy' talk.....
:wink:
still want to know if a weekend pass will be offered :?:
Rgds

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 15th, 2015, 11:25 am

4kin4kar wrote:$700.00 to race for a trophy? No money? No fuel? Nothing? The racing money should at least go to the racers who make this event possible. The organisers are making money and not giving back to the sport. I personally will be boycotting.
Are the racers artistes/performers? or are they competitors?

Money collected from competitors, sponsors and spectators is used towards the building and development of the track and facility. Extra is being charged by police, fire services, ambulance and security for night events. More trackbite is being applied. Lighting towers are an additional expense. Marshals, safety, logistics, bleachers, tents, transport, moving barriers after circuit, buying barriers, extra fencing...

Expense for bringing in the foreign cars. Click here for a list and photos. Shipping, cost of a bond, transport, logistics.

It's racing over two full days with setup on Friday.

In any case, at the briefing meeting for the test & tune some sponsors committed to offering cash prizes for this international event.

You really figure boycotting helps the sport more than saying let me see how I can assist to keep the cost down?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 15th, 2015, 11:28 am

Cars being shipped in from Grenada for this event

A brief look at the Grenadian competitors for the TTPMCL Drags Meet:

Alan McIntyre

FORD MUSTANG V8 NITRUS
"SLEDGE HAMMER"

Andre Gittens

SUBARU WRX

Angus Dabreo

TOYOTA SUPRA V8 TWIN TURBO
"D BULLET"

Champ Mathland

TOYOTA SUPRA 2JZ

Ian Dabreo

MADZA 323 2JZ
"UNRULY"

Josheph Lewis

MITSUBISHI  EVO 3

Tunka

NISSAN PULSAR

awesome
Street 2NR

Postby awesome » November 16th, 2015, 8:08 am

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT BRIEFING MEETING FOR THIS EVENT WILL BE HELD THIS COMING WEDNESDAY 18TH NOVEMBER 2015 @ MOJOS RAMSARAN STREET, CHAGUANAS 7:00PM.

WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE FOLLOWING SPONSORS:

LUBE TECH
LUCAS OIL
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO SECURITY LIMITED
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO PETRO GAS LIMITED
TEKNET PERFORMANCE
ARTWORK PRINTING
CELL PLUS
FULL RANGE ELECTRICAL & PLUMBING
NEXTT ELECTRICAL
OPS CONCEPT
ISLAND DRUGS
BLUE MOUNTAIN WATER
TRINI TUNER
ZORCE
Last edited by awesome on November 16th, 2015, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » November 16th, 2015, 4:07 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: Money collected from competitors, sponsors and spectators is used towards the building and development of the track and facility
Which track and specify the development exactly and what discipline does it relate to? Because what you are saying is rather peculiar; it almost seems as if drags is arbitrarily being used - wait - let me not cast aspersions as that isn't my intention.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: More trackbite is being applied
Isn't that sponsored and how much more trackbite. So what was happening before as it relates to consistency in track prep, was there less being applied? And since it's a night event LESS trackbite is needed due to the ambient temperatures.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: Marshals, safety, logistics, bleachers, tents, transport, moving barriers after circuit, buying barriers, extra fencing
there are somethings in there that not costing so it is salacious to group them together. Jes saying, unless of course EVERYBODY is being paid including the logistical co-coordinator.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: Expense for bringing in the foreign cars. Shipping, cost of a bond, transport, logistics
Wah we generous all those costs we have to cover. Will make a note of it next time I have to go outside to race and asked to pay my way.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: You really figure boycotting helps the sport more than saying let me see how I can assist to keep the cost down?
Considering who's involved and what was just stated, why yes - yes it does. But let me not put a damper on this event as that isn't my intention as I also want to come out and race. BTW; so that people can appreciate the figures and price to race as well as aid in your case; what is the cost to throw the event if you don't mind me asking or is that info confidential?

Best Regards and all the best
Chris
Last edited by fiveforward on November 16th, 2015, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 16th, 2015, 5:28 pm

well....if u look at NHRA membership/license fees @ usd450 or thereabouts (more than ttd2500), then throw in entry fees, etc to actually race............. T&T drag racers have it cheap.
That being said....ALL 'dem' drag men have axe to grind with admin, other members, rules...u name it...........BUT U DON'T HEAR A SINGLE ONE CRYING 'ME EH LIKE WHO RUNNIN' THE SHOW, SO I EH RACING..'..as the saying goes."only in T&T'.........
racing & motor sports is COMPETITION, SPORTSMANSHIP, HONOUR.......
get out there & race...........
:!:

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » November 16th, 2015, 7:54 pm

link wrote:well....if u look at NHRA membership/license fees @ usd450 or thereabouts (more than ttd2500), then throw in entry fees, etc to actually race.............
I want to respectfully stop you right there; this is not NHRA and NHRA is NOT the industry standard for drag racing especially for imports; which is what we race here in Trinidad. Also you don't have to be an NHRA member to drag race; there is a huge grassroots scene where you pay as little as $40US depending on track and event.

link wrote:T&T drag racers have it cheap
Cheap is relative to your pocket sir and there are some people where the entry fee to race is an actual barrier to participation. Also by that same analogy you could say that all sporting disciplines have it "cheap". Why single out drag racing only. BTW are you a drag racer or ever participate in the sport by chance.

link wrote:That being said....ALL 'dem' drag men have axe to grind with admin, other members, rules...u name it...........BUT U DON'T HEAR A SINGLE ONE CRYING 'ME EH LIKE WHO RUNNIN' THE SHOW, SO I EH RACING..'..as the saying goes."only in T&T'.........
Obviously you don't interact with too much drag racers because if you did I don't think you would say this. It's unfair to brand drag racers as this lawless bunch and doesn't the same thing happen in other fields especially where administration is questionable? BTW is there a single recognized administrative body for drag racing only or is it a free for all like the good old days.

link wrote:racing & motor sports is COMPETITION, SPORTSMANSHIP, HONOUR.......
in an ideal world I would agree with you BUT currently there is much more to the sport than this and unless you are a drag racer odds are you wouldn't understand.

link wrote:get out there & race...........
very easy to say and so true, but in the present administration climate it's not as simple as that.

Best regards and all the best
Chris

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 16th, 2015, 9:12 pm

fiveforward wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: Money collected from competitors, sponsors and spectators is used towards the building and development of the track and facility
Which track and specify the development exactly and what discipline does it relate to? Because what you are saying is rather peculiar; it almost seems as if drags is arbitrarily being used - wait - let me not cast aspersions as that isn't my intention.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: More trackbite is being applied
Isn't that sponsored and how much more trackbite. So what was happening before as it relates to consistency in track prep, was there less being applied? And since it's a night event LESS trackbite is needed due to the ambient temperatures.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: Marshals, safety, logistics, bleachers, tents, transport, moving barriers after circuit, buying barriers, extra fencing
there are somethings in there that not costing so it is salacious to group them together. Jes saying, unless of course EVERYBODY is being paid including the logistical co-coordinator.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: Expense for bringing in the foreign cars. Shipping, cost of a bond, transport, logistics
Wah we generous all those costs we have to cover. Will make a note of it next time I have to go outside to race and asked to pay my way.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: You really figure boycotting helps the sport more than saying let me see how I can assist to keep the cost down?
Considering who's involved and what was just stated, why yes - yes it does. But let me not put a damper on this event as that isn't my intention as I also want to come out and race. BTW; so that people can appreciate the figures and price to race as well as aid in your case; what is the cost to throw the event if you don't mind me asking or is that info confidential?

Chris
who is Chris?

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » November 16th, 2015, 9:36 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Who is Chris?

Just another enthusiast tbh.

Chris

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 16th, 2015, 10:14 pm

fiveforward wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Who is Chris?

Just another enthusiast tbh.

Chris
wha? Linzi changed his name to Chris? :?

Anyway the money seems to be the main topic in your posts in this thread and don't get me wrong, I am a proponent of accountability, but instead of paint with a broad brush, hold a grudge and complain, I paid the for ambulance the last couple of events and I paid for some of the trophies and I pay to help sponsor the events in any way I can. And I'd do this for any club, just today I confirmed that TriniTuner will buy trophies for the Rotax International class for the TTKA 2015 EOY karting championship. Because we all want to see motorsport go forward, but that is not going to happen if we just sit and complain.

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » November 17th, 2015, 1:22 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:wha? Linzi changed his name to Chris? :?

Actually there are multiple users on this account Duane including myself from time to time it's for a reason - IP address will be the same; not all the time, but it's different people. And trust me when I say something you will know it me as I not holding water in my mouth for anyone nor do I tote lines. If I want to tell somebody to firetruck off, I will - I getting older, days for pulling rope behind curtain done. That's one.

An since you want to engage me.
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: Anyway the money seems to be the main topic in your posts in this thread and don't get me wrong, I am a proponent of accountability but instead of paint with a broad brush, hold a grudge and complain
Unless this here is a dictatorship it's called freedom of speech and the onus is upon vested parties to prove otherwise. Like I tell writers in training; I may not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it. I have been accused of many things as you yourself would have during your lifetime - did you deal with it by telling people "Aye, doh say that!" or did you flip the script to win people over. BTW I don't get into other people battles and I didn't recall you asking me what my main concern was thereby making your statement an assumption.

Next.
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I paid the for ambulance the last couple of events and I paid for some of the trophies and I pay to help sponsor the events in any way I can. And I'd do this for any club, just today I confirmed that TriniTuner will buy trophies for the Rotax International class for the TTKA 2015 EOY karting championship.
Good for you, keep up the good work. Karting in addition to other clubs need the support and anything to encourage youth development and structure in motorsport I am all for.

Next.
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Because we all want to see motorsport go forward, but that is not going to happen if we just sit and complain.
Trust me, you haven't heard me complain - I can. But in the better interest of alot of people I am consciously choosing to dress back - that's my choice. Whether I or anybody else complains motorsport will move forward, so there is no need to beat up, in addition to which motorsport seems to be in VERY capable hands. However if somebody is complaining doesn't that mean that there is some level of agitation somewhere that may need to be addressed, that is basic customer service. For professionals, legitimate complaints are a blessing once it is accepted and approached in the right manner providing of course people are viewed as customers. If they are not then that's unfortunate.

Here is a thought; rather than focus on moi which I find ridiculous really, why not focus attention on the questions asked and issues raised. It's seems to me that you are pretty good at PR and Marketing and I think that this is a GOLDEN opportunity in the interest of accountability according to you to help make sure motorsport goes forward.

Anywayz let me be the one to put this train back on course and I will definitely tell my people's to be more mindful in what they say especially online in this forum. I don't want to ripple the waters anymore than it has to be as yet and be accused wrongfully again.

TTASA Night & Day Drags, Nov 28 & 29

Linzi Jeremiah.
Just another ninja.

PS. a simple phone call would do unno dappa, all this setta makeout wasn't really necessary.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 17th, 2015, 9:53 am

^ sorry i was and still am a bit confused as to what was going on.
Didn't realise there were multiple people using the same account!

fiveforward wrote:Here is a thought; rather than focus on moi which I find ridiculous really

But I directed the questions to what Chris posted, not sure why Chris didn't reply.

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » November 17th, 2015, 12:06 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:wha? Linzi changed his name to Chris? :?
By that subtle inference you quite rightly and cleverly drew a parallel that implies based on the account ownership that Chris is myself or we are one in the same. Not denying that this is my account and I am Linzi, I'm just saying that more than one person uses it from time to time with my consent, that shouldn't really be confusing. I can't be the ONLY one on tuner who does that.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:But I directed the questions to what Chris posted, not sure why Chris didn't reply.
Yes you did, but I was beginning to see this thing going down a particular road; not that I had a problem with it just though as the account holder I would be better to nip it in the bud early, don't want you or another folks to get more confused; that can lead to wild accusations by some people who seem to know just as much as you. .

Anywayzzzzzzz, now you know. And to make sure there is no further confusion I made sure to tell anyone if they are using this tuner account to say/ comment on anything jes sign their name unless of course this practice is against forum rules. Is it? If it isn't then let's get back to the topic at hand

TTASA Night & Day Drags, Nov 28 & 29

and while we here, you seem to be in the know about a lot of things maybe you can directly address the questions raised or is that something that you not in a position to do?

Linzi Jeremiah
Your Ninja warrior.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 17th, 2015, 3:47 pm

ok Linzi 8-)

awesome
Street 2NR

Postby awesome » November 18th, 2015, 7:15 am

BREAKING NEWS:
Five international drag cars arrived this morning and presently at the port, will be cleared by tomorrow. We are expecting the rest to arrive by next Tuesday 24th November, 2015.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT BRIEFING MEETING FOR THIS EVENT WILL BE HELD Tonight WEDNESDAY 18TH NOVEMBER 2015 @ MOJOS RAMSARAN STREET, CHAGUANAS 7:00PM.

Drivers are invited to attend our press conference today @ canvas restaurant long circular road, St. james ( wednesday 18th november, 2015 ) @11:00AM.

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » November 18th, 2015, 7:56 am

you know who's in a position to address the concerns (read: beat up) fiveforward raised? ...the promotional and organizational members present at the briefing meeting later tonight (Wed 18th Dec, 7:00pm).

you know who's not gonna show up and seek any meaningful clarification? fiveforward.

cyakers gonna cyak.

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » November 20th, 2015, 12:10 pm

What was missed at the meeting?

Linzi Jeremiah
A ninja cyaker who cyaks

awesome
Street 2NR

Postby awesome » November 21st, 2015, 8:30 am

VVIP TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM TODAY
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO PERFORMANCE MOTORSPORT CO. LTD.
International Drag Racing
November 28th, 2015
VVIP
COST - $600.00
at the Wallerfield International Raceway, Wallerfield, Trinidad
ART-WORKS PRINTING
Promotional & Offset Printing 672-0621, 752-3806

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 21st, 2015, 10:24 am

Any single day race pass? :p