TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Suzuki samurai?

Plan out, organise and post pics and vids of your OFF-ROAD adventures. Clubs, crews and associations are welcomed!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Suzuki samurai?

Postby Ted_v2 » April 21st, 2018, 7:17 am

Hi, Im curious as to the suzuki samurai as a light offroad vehicle. Im checking it out parts wise and the prices for some of the overhaul kit for some components are not as bad. transfer case rebuild ect ect. front diff

I know there are alot of reviews online showing how capable is it in stock form, its light and small.
whats the downfall of these vehicles?

just a small lift kit and some excellent rims, tires and a proper drivetrain with all working components should be fine.

also the engine, i saw some comes 3 cylinder and some comes 4 cylinder fuel injected, as well as carbed. Is these things accessible foreign used?

whats the diff with the sierra vs the samurai?

I am a mechanic so the work to build and repair it isnt much of a problem

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Suzuki samurai?

Postby *KRONIK* » April 21st, 2018, 7:36 am

Lemme see how i can help here with my limited knowledge.

Yes, there are lot of parts available including aftermarket.

1) downfall: they are unconfortable to use as a daily, especially as you increase the mods (lift/bigger MT tyres). If you like a/c makr sure and get one with all the components there.

2) you have the option of a body lift and keep the stock suspension or a suspension lift or a shackle lift. It all depends on your budget and intended use for the vehicle.

3) engines: they originaly cane with 1300cc carb 4cyl engines. A lot of owners now swap out to 1300cc 4cyl EFI. Some use the G16 vitara engine. Some go all the way up to the J20. And the foreign ones came with the 3cyl 660 turbo engines. From what i was told, parts are hard to get for this engine and its easier to buy/keep a spare engine.
A lot of owners are now doing cross-breed swaps with nissan engines from qg to sr.
Some even go the toyota route with the 3s beams or 2c/3c deisel. The option are dependnant on how creative you wanna get as the transfercase is independent of the gearbox and can be moved to make/take room.

Sierra/jimny/samurai: this one is where i may need some input.
The jimny/sierra is the low roof version. I think the jimny is the local name and the sierra is the foreign used name. The samurai it the high roof model and comes in a coilspring version.
Plenty men here does buy foreign shell/cab and throw it on the local chassis so u find that seeing a top condition/original local van will be almost impossible.

Good luck and dont forget to open a build thread for we to macco.

I know u does do your own thing....so look for a good body

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » April 23rd, 2018, 3:16 pm

Very good. Just need to tie up some loose ends financially and look for a good candidate.

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » April 23rd, 2018, 5:13 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:Very good. Just need to tie up some loose ends financially and look for a good candidate.
Or a cheap chassis and a good shell....

Do a qg swap

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » April 23rd, 2018, 5:36 pm

Maybe. Prefer stock 4 cylinder carbed tho.

Prices for engine suspension and drive train parts are very reasonable

Advertisement

Return to “Off Road Runs”