TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Side B & TTORC Run: Mt Harris - Pics and Vids here

Plan out, organise and post pics and vids of your OFF-ROAD adventures. Clubs, crews and associations are welcomed!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Side B & TTORC Run: Mt Harris - Pics and Vids here

Postby 3stagevtec » November 16th, 2011, 9:34 am

rottedv wrote:I do believe however that the tyres may b a bit too heavy for my surf....Maybe I might sell them and get a set of 31's instead...I'm still investigating...

Not just too heavy but possibly too tall as well. You don't have the power / gearing to spin them aggressively to clear the mud / find traction deeper under ground. So that restricts you in that respect. Your only other option is to air down and use the massive flotation / footprint to crawl over mud / obstacles.

Running them fully aired up doesn't give you much advantages..

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » November 16th, 2011, 11:24 am

thats the thing about our clubs uniqueness eh.......we have variety....

we are not only one set of lifted jimnys doin stuff...
we have all different types of vehicles, with all different assortment of mods straight back down to bone stock on HTs.......

we different, and we growing nicely....

SIDE-B
Keep on Truckin'

stingray316
3NE 2NR for life

Postby stingray316 » November 16th, 2011, 11:36 am

3stagevtec wrote:
rottedv wrote:I do believe however that the tyres may b a bit too heavy for my surf....Maybe I might sell them and get a set of 31's instead...I'm still investigating...

Not just too heavy but possibly too tall as well. You don't have the power / gearing to spin them aggressively to clear the mud / find traction deeper under ground. So that restricts you in that respect. Your only other option is to air down and use the massive flotation / footprint to crawl over mud / obstacles.

Really thought we had to air down for this run, things worked out pretty good with the 33psi. Didn't break a sweat, but i was a bit worried when i went in the ditch. Thought i was gonna tip over, thats when i stuck it in reverse...

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » November 16th, 2011, 12:22 pm

stingray316 wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:

Really thought we had to air down for this run, things worked out pretty good with the 33psi. Didn't break a sweat, but i was a bit worried when i went in the ditch. Thought i was gonna tip over, thats when i stuck it in reverse...

:shock: That's alot! I run 28psi max in my GV..

stingray316
3NE 2NR for life

Postby stingray316 » November 16th, 2011, 12:31 pm

The lower pressure does have them tyres sounding like a dozen humming birds. And my suspension is in a mess, i'd be swaying all over the rd like i drunk. Still waitin on James, the only other option is new spring-leafs and shocks on all wheels and steering dampener with dropped pitman arm. So i guess i'll be a lil more patient.

booEVO
3NE 2NR for life

Postby booEVO » November 16th, 2011, 12:34 pm

Fellas,

I hope you enjoyed the run, it was a bit easy but now I have a better idea of what your group can do.

We're going back in to complete the trail next month so I'll send a shout to droppa or rene to see if you might want to tag along.

On a serious note, wear tall boots! TTORC has had snake and venomous creatures training for our members and protective gear is key. We were lucky, I know personally that the plum mitan forest is overrun with both types of mappire and normally all the noise sends them running.

Until the next 1,

Safe off-roading......

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » November 16th, 2011, 2:50 pm

rottedV........which engine u have?

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rottedv » November 16th, 2011, 8:49 pm

I have a 2lte....2.4....I do believe that the tyres will have to be changed out...I have some issues with my drive train so I will sort those out first...Maybe I not getting the power transferred to the wheels properly...If that doesn't work...look out for some basically new BFG's 32's though and some used but still has good life Mudstar tyres....Anyone wants dibs?

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » November 16th, 2011, 9:49 pm

aye, and yuh kno ah have some nice 31s KL71s for yuh......
those does spin too easy on my van i feel...or mih foot to heavy....
i was on 18/16psi on this run, in did not even have to rough it up, idled over the log, and pushed the other one out the way while moving normal.......

Imtiaz wats the issue with the noise???

Smeed
Sweet on this forum

Postby Smeed » November 17th, 2011, 1:02 am

looked like fun.......anything up in december?? how come hammer does always leave a piece of his truck on every trail? hehehehe

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rottedv » November 17th, 2011, 5:52 am

Dropper, he found that a the rear cross was bad...Thats where were going to start this morning....Well change that and if the noise continues then we will try something else..I was running 25psi on the run....As Rene said....Maybe I was running too much...But I put that in for the long drive from south to Mt. Harris...

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » November 17th, 2011, 9:55 am

the rear cross,

sounded like the left front wheel to me, but if i recall u said u was getting the noise before the run??

i hope u get tru wit dat.....

i still have my scene to sort out, maybe this weekend ill get to it...

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rottedv » November 17th, 2011, 11:26 am

I get thru wit it...It was d cross in d rear....Eventually I would have figured it out....I have to build a ramp by me weee...

Yeah droppa...I will take apart the hubs myself and do a general.....Wah gwan wit d lift?

Jeremy Mohd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Jeremy Mohd » November 17th, 2011, 3:33 pm

men have BFG MT and aint want it yes..
Swing it over here.. lets see if maybe this 3.0ltr can turn them...

*heh heh heh*

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Side B & TTORC Run: Mt Harris - Pics and Vids here

Postby civic minded » November 17th, 2011, 4:23 pm

^Dude - ah tort yah sellin de van?

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » November 17th, 2011, 8:26 pm

man ah selling dat van boi........

@imtiaz, lift kit in the works, low budget ting, plus want to sort out the other issues first....
the hubs easy, get the epc diagram and yuh orn...

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » November 17th, 2011, 10:45 pm

a 2lte having trouble :shock: those MT's must real grip

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » November 18th, 2011, 6:49 am

rottedv wrote:I have a 2lte....2.4....I do believe that the tyres will have to be changed out...I have some issues with my drive train so I will sort those out first...Maybe I not getting the power transferred to the wheels properly...If that doesn't work...look out for some basically new BFG's 32's though and some used but still has good life Mudstar tyres....Anyone wants dibs?

That van should push those 32's easy... wassup with that?

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » November 18th, 2011, 8:41 am

^^wassup with that?

he fraid to mash the X......

i see a surf with a 2LT roughing up 33s already, so he shud not have a problem,
if i get a chance i run 35s......

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » November 18th, 2011, 9:14 am

@smeed - i does tear that navara to pieces with all that power. WHen I went over the log, i was going gingerly at first and then I basically bottomed out (that's prob when I ripped off the flimsy homemade plate that I have) - got fed up and just put the "go" pedal down to the ground.

Gimme a chance and I'll pull that whole damn tree outta the way for allyuh.

And Imtiaz - u have the BFG mt in 15's, right? If so then I can't take them, cuz i running 16's and 15-inch rims wouldn't clear my calipers.... I'd love to have those M/T on the navara.

Let me get my lift kit, a proper skid plate and some BFG M/T (or maybe even the A/T) and you'll see Godzilla arise and destroy the trail (even worse when I eventually get my diff-lockers).

@BooEvo - thanks very much for the opportunity to roll with you guys, was great to see a real off-road club operate in a proper, professional manner. THey say the best form of flattery is imitation and I'd like to see our club emulate many of your disciplines in our shared loved of this sport. Plus we'd love to roll with you guys on a couple more trails, if you'd have us.

@imtiaz - tyre choice and whatnot is all part of the tuning process, as would be in any form of motorsport including offroading

@havoc - i done talk to you eh... the nissan Yakuza have spoken, bring your dancing shoes next time!

@droppa - if u need help with that BL, send the signal out, SIde B waiting and on standby for a garage lime!

@steve - i was sure we woulda had to tip you back over when you when in that ditch bai.... i was starting to think to myself "how many men does it take to lift a jimny up?"

@civic - nah jeremy not sellin dat van.... he might say so but when the time comes, you go see how fast he shake he head and go running to hug it up to say "I'll NEVER let you go!!". Just give de man a lift kit and some BFG AT/MT or worse, some Kumho 71's and he never leaving that van again!

@jeremy - my A/T's might go on sale soon... yuh wah a sale awat!!

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rottedv » November 18th, 2011, 9:04 pm

droppa wrote:^^wassup with that?

he fraid to mash the X......

i see a surf with a 2LT roughing up 33s already, so he shud not have a problem,
if i get a chance i run 35s......

Yeah I feel I holding back because of the rep these engines have....but so far so good....

Advertisement

Return to “Off Road Runs”