Tsuchiya...a quick question

Official Drifting Forum

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

R. Mutt
Shifting into 6th
Location: on the side of the road maptracing and reflashing the ecu

Tsuchiya...a quick question

Postby R. Mutt » February 20th, 2008, 2:48 pm

Last Drift event I went to was toward the end of 2007. I noticed that most of the guys didn't have an lsd but were trying to drift. Granted they also need practice and a location to do so, shouldn't they be looking to get an lsd to drift. Or maybe they had but it needed servicing...regardless one wheel was spinning and not two.

It really looked like they were fighting against the car and I remember the Drift Bible (have my DVD copy long time) noted that you really need an lsd to drift otherwise that back end will be working against you when trying to induce oversteer.

Comments...

Tsuchiya
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Tsuchiya » February 20th, 2008, 5:35 pm

yeah you're right. I included need to get an lsd. Drifting without one is rather useless, but you get practice in throwing the car into the corner.
For some cars lsd's are just rather expensive. For my car...U$600+ so I learned without lsd. Only one other car in DWO doesn't have lsd at this point. Some just need servicing and rebuilding so it'll drift a little but its kinda quirky and hard to figure out. The problem ALOT of ppl have is throttle application. Is either too much or just can't "feel" the car enough to explore the limits properly.

Case in point....at malabar stadium last year i wud clutch kick or handbrake to get the rear end to break traction, but then half way thru the slide, the power would then go to 1 wheel...the inside...rendering the rest of the corner useless. At this point the car will jus slow and grip. Thing is you start learning the limits of how and when your car will break traction, and how much to countersteer.
This I believe has given me more experience or an advantage for when I eventually get one.

Advertisement

Return to “TTDA - T&T Drift Association”