TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Mazda BT-50 rough idles with a/c on

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Rhymiez
Riding on 13's

Mazda BT-50 rough idles with a/c on

Postby Rhymiez » November 16th, 2020, 10:38 am

G'day Tuners, need some help with this problem on my 2010 Mazda BT-50. Recently, I rebuilt the 2.5 WLAT 16v DOHC engine mated to an automatic transmission and started experiencing a rough idle with the a/c on. The vehicle shakes violently as if it's about to cut off, around the same time the a/c compressor engages. Could anyone guide me as to a cause and solution to this problem? Thanks in advance for your assistance Tuners.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Mazda BT-50 rough idles with a/c on

Postby Ted_v2 » November 19th, 2020, 8:14 am

right trying to remember if that has a vacuum operated setup. Some of these vans have a plunger styled unit that connects to the injector pump and pulls and idles up the van, it have a spec to adjust this usually found in your service manual.

my frontier has this.

however i got a few similar problems like this and its the ac compressor that causes this, the compressor was failing and causing alot of load on the engine at idle speeds and low town speeds, had this happen in a zd30 frontier and a e24 maxi already, even caused starting problems too, the clutch started locking up and straining the engine to start.

Rhymiez
Riding on 13's

Re: Mazda BT-50 rough idles with a/c on

Postby Rhymiez » November 23rd, 2020, 12:40 pm

Thanks for the info, will check this out

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”