Authorization letter for mounted lights

Postby V2NR 3.0 » June 26th, 2020, 9:37 am

Folks,

Does anyone know what is the procedure for obtaining an authorization letter for the use of external mounted lights? The square one is the one which was installed in my bumper. The round one is the one that originally came with the van. The round one is defined as curb lights.

I would like to get clearance to legally have the square ones there. If not, I will have to remove.

Any guidance ?

Re: Authorization letter for mounted lights

Postby *KRONIK* » June 26th, 2020, 11:39 am

1st of all
Lewwe see the rest of the van

2nd of all
Yuh hadda write the transport commissioner

3rd of all
He aint approving that, law clearly describes unauthorized lights

4th of all
If yuh GT, link mih
I want to put a pair in mih back bumper

Postby V2NR 3.0 » June 28th, 2020, 8:04 pm

So how do I say this without being pulled into the cold room. Basically, a token can be used to get it. Youd get it signed and stamped in 3 days. However, Im token-less these days and just decided to pull them off all together. I took off the square and the round ones - despite having a letter from the firm for the round ones which are defined as curb lights.

Still, i not going through all that small talk with POPO or LO.

Postby Kenjo » September 16th, 2020, 2:39 am

The lights were there for style or t use functionally . Can’t you get some sort of switch attached and a cover for the light for regular driving ? If you need it for bush runs or something then it’s still present and licensing not going to dismantle anything if it covered I assume

Postby *KRONIK* » September 16th, 2020, 5:26 am

Kenjo wrote:The lights were there for style or t use functionally . Can’t you get some sort of switch attached and a cover for the light for regular driving ? If you need it for bush runs or something then it’s still present and licensing not going to dismantle anything if it covered I assume

NOPE

if yuh dont thave an authorization letter, as long as the light is mounted, its a charge + demerits now.
best bet is to get a magnetic mount and keep that for offroad/bush runs. Take it off when yuh reach the government road.