TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Chevy Colorado

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
hellbent
Ricer

Chevy Colorado

Postby hellbent » July 27th, 2015, 5:30 pm

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to get some opinions and maybe experiences with this pickup.
I am very interested in it but don't want to get "cat in bag"
Do any of you have it? Know anyone who does?
Is the model LSM offering the 2014 model or the 2015 model? I see in the USA the "2016" model is the one that they will offer with the 2.8L Duramax, which is what this one locally has.

Thanks in advanced.

Christopher

sleepertercel
Trinituner Peong

Re: Chevy Colorado

Postby sleepertercel » September 16th, 2015, 4:06 pm

Buy a Hilux

hellbent
Ricer

Postby hellbent » September 16th, 2015, 7:01 pm

LOL
What's wrong with the Colorado?

spirit
Street 2NR

Postby spirit » September 16th, 2015, 8:48 pm

Colorado is best pick up in Trinidad presently for performance and quality. I test drove all as I am too in the market for a pick up. The ONLY thing stopping me from buying the Ltz right now is I am unsure of the resale value. Sure ppl will ignorantly say buy Toyota or Nissan or ford because they haven't had first hand experience with another vehicle only heard the "negatives" of the others.

sleepertercel
Trinituner Peong

Postby sleepertercel » September 17th, 2015, 4:29 pm

hellbent wrote:LOL
What's wrong with the Colorado?

It's not a hilux...mafia checkin een.

patrickw
Riding on 13's

Postby patrickw » May 4th, 2017, 5:51 pm

spirit wrote:Colorado is best pick up in Trinidad presently for performance and quality. I test drove all as I am too in the market for a pick up. The ONLY thing stopping me from buying the Ltz right now is I am unsure of the resale value. Sure ppl will ignorantly say buy Toyota or Nissan or ford because they haven't had first hand experience with another vehicle only heard the "negatives" of the others.

Did you buy the colorado? i would like to know your experience with it

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » May 10th, 2017, 11:37 am

patrickw wrote:
spirit wrote:Colorado is best pick up in Trinidad presently for performance and quality. I test drove all as I am too in the market for a pick up. The ONLY thing stopping me from buying the Ltz right now is I am unsure of the resale value. Sure ppl will ignorantly say buy Toyota or Nissan or ford because they haven't had first hand experience with another vehicle only heard the "negatives" of the others.

Did you buy the colorado? i would like to know your experience with it

I bought one of the 2017 LTZ Colorado's and I am thoroughly enjoying it! LSM has some cash back offers on the Colorado, making it by far the best priced fully loaded 4x4 on the market. The 2.8L duramax engine is a torque monster! (More than the Ranger, for you fan boys out there). Trust me the LTZ come very well equipped. Anything that comes remotely close to what the Colorado LTZ has to offer is priced over $300K (waaay over $300K).

I also really like the MyLink infotainment system, it works seamlessly with Apple Car Play. Overall its a really solid vehicle with a lot of muscle. On the whole I think GM has up-ed their game tremendously!

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » May 18th, 2017, 9:28 pm

main concern i have , where am i getting parts? besides LCM cause their reputation of shortage is well known

business man
Riding on 13's

Postby business man » May 19th, 2017, 8:15 am

Bro my father has one blue in color fullyloaded wont lie performance is best beat back all the rest vans on the market. And i could bet money it will beat hilux,ford, navara any day

business man
Riding on 13's

Postby business man » May 19th, 2017, 8:18 am

And order all his parts for him like service filter very cheap on ebay. And any other stuff u want u will get it on ebay dog cheap. Cheaper than tiida parts...

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » May 29th, 2017, 4:27 pm

ok so what if i need to change the injectors or say that one of the sensors gone bad , since this truck has tire pressure sensors for example. where besides lifestyle motors will i get parts locally ?

business man
Riding on 13's

Postby business man » June 2nd, 2017, 10:13 pm

This vehicle dont have tire pressure sensor

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 10th, 2017, 5:57 pm

I went in lifestyle on friday , the guy told me flat out it will cost me more than Japanese vehicle to maintain and there is no guarantee on parts availability. Its considered a Euro vehicle and thus come with those challenges.

Now i having second thoughts on this.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » June 12th, 2017, 10:53 am

^^I think the guy should have mention that, a diesel pick up cost more to maintain and needs lot of love. If you were to order parts for the Chevy, I would hope to think you can get it from then US. Yuh know close than the UK, or Thailand. Plus a lil cheaper and reaches faster.
just my 2 cents....

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 13th, 2017, 7:32 pm

^^I am comparing Japanese diesel pickups ( Navara and Hilux) with the Colorado. I currently own a ranger so i know about high maintenance...and i dont need to get another with the same issues.

The chevy colorado offered in Trinidad are from Mexico - and yes you can get parts from the US which is a huge plus.
So this means that if i don't want to pay for the exorbitant prices for stuff at lifestyle i need to order regularly into my skybox? Hopefully ROC can start supplying parts for these cause they have are selling fast.

Honestly i like it alot - features etc you wont get, closest would be the 3.2L Wildtrack ranger which is about 100K more than this van. But you need to weigh the pros and cons.

Everyone would be different in what they look for in a pickup - mines is more reliability and function. These days cost is a major concern and i cant make a large investment and expect to make large maintenance cost afterwards. This van i think will more appeal with the tech person that like flashy stuff and doesn't have plans to run up high mileage.

Thats why i decided to stick with my Japanese pickups

business man
Riding on 13's

Postby business man » June 16th, 2017, 8:06 pm

The only thing that bad about it is dat if you need to get sum rite away you will have to face life style.. but on the other hand like me,my maintenance dont cost much. And if i have to get anything parts i rather order amd get my stuff in a week time

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » March 7th, 2018, 7:18 am

So current owners , what are the running cost reviews on the Chevy Colorado ?

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » March 11th, 2018, 7:11 pm

any problems surfaced with this model?

Hawk26
Riding on 13's

Postby Hawk26 » April 18th, 2018, 9:42 am

What did you end up getting?

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » April 18th, 2018, 8:18 pm

Didn't buy yet , I have a company vehicle that I use currently, so taking my time to shop around

Hawk26
Riding on 13's

Postby Hawk26 » April 23rd, 2018, 9:22 am

Oh I see. Thanks for answering.

Raldi_Chevy
Riding on 13's

Postby Raldi_Chevy » July 25th, 2018, 4:43 pm

business man wrote:The only thing that bad about it is dat if you need to get sum rite away you will have to face life style.. but on the other hand like me,my maintenance dont cost much. And if i have to get anything parts i rather order amd get my stuff in a week time

Where do you order from?

Richardmck
Riding on 13's

Re: Chevrolet Colorado refuse to Start

Postby Richardmck » March 9th, 2020, 9:09 pm

I own a 2017 colorado for the past two years, worked PERFECT until recently, Shut off cranks, but refuse to start, the vehicle has NO fault code, Changed high-pressure solenoid on the fuel pump, still does not start, has anyone ever experience this problem?

Dada
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby Dada » April 10th, 2021, 8:49 am

Great pu but it ain't for everyone, u do have to consider about parts availability , but hands down very good truck, I have the big brother to it here in the USA Silverado 2500hd with egr delete, dpf delete, 67mm turbo upgrade with wicked 2 billet compressor wheel and 650hp tune, also I'm running a fass 165 lift pump to polish up my diesel , I'm running cp3 conversion injection pump with bigger injectors

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 10th, 2021, 9:01 am

Aye look Dada!

Dada
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby Dada » April 10th, 2021, 1:09 pm

Whappening long time I still browse thru every so often

Dada
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby Dada » April 10th, 2021, 1:32 pm

The duramax engine are one of the best motor designs out there you guys know it's a isuzu motor right, very easily to generate hp, now there different design of the duramax engines here eg lb7, lmm, lml, l5p duramax all 6.6l v8, we also have the Colorado duramax here, there's allot of aftermarket parts here for the duramax, from bolt on to tunes, I'm running 650hp and 1409 ft lb torque in my l5p duramax, stock from dealership comes 464hp 910 ft lb torque so those numbers are not too bad, I know trucks here bout 1200hp running down anything, I love those trucks but if parts is a problem back home it might not be the best choice for you, here in the USA I tow m boom and bobcat so I need pulling power, 10-20k lbs so I can't by a Toyota or any Japan truck, I test drive a thundra and love it but it's a hone depot truck it wasn't built to haul heavy stuff, so it all depends on what you want to do with your truck, if it's to work hard duramax and Ford all the way, but if you're not working your truck too hard best you go with the jap imports, they drive real nice like cars and very comfortable, and occasionally you can work them every so often, not all the time

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”