TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

How much deisel is l in the tank after the light comes on?

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
MonsterPower
punchin NOS

How much deisel is l in the tank after the light comes on?

Postby MonsterPower » June 23rd, 2009, 10:27 am

yeah i was just wondering this as i pulled into the gas station to full deisel .. the light came on a min b4 i pulled in and it took $77 to top it back up

i am going to see what kind of milage i get on a tank

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » June 23rd, 2009, 11:28 am

We aint know what kinda vehicle yuh talkin bout yet.

As to your experiemnt, if you feeling strong go ahead.

The tech heads in here will prolly advise against it, running ur tank down to the dregs that is...

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » June 23rd, 2009, 12:09 pm

if you want to experiment, do so when your diesel filter close to change

so you will get rid of whatever dreggs gets in it from teh tank

if teh vehicle new, then it should be safer, as teh tank ain't get too nasty yet, but this depends on the quality of diesel u usually get

frontier
Street 2NR

Postby frontier » June 23rd, 2009, 12:18 pm

you should never run your diesel vehicle below quarter, it cause your filter to clog and mess up your engine

mosque
Riding on 13's

Postby mosque » June 23rd, 2009, 2:45 pm

- 2007 Toyota Hilux, after light comes on you can easily get 100 k.m. i.e. we drove from Icacos to Arima (over the weekend) with the gas light on all the way without any problems.

- 2007 BT-50 If you refill as soon as the gas light comes on it will take $84.00 to full,but you can drive until it takes $100.00 to full.(Did that only this morning)

- The D max has the best mileage of the three vehicles listed in terms of distance you can travel after the gas light comes on.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » June 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm

frontier wrote:you should never run your diesel vehicle below quarter, it cause your filter to clog and mess up your engine

what he said,

but only for experimentation purposes u should know what kind of mileage you get

do it once or twice, not everyday

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » June 23rd, 2009, 6:33 pm

its a 2008 model ford ranger .. and strangely mines takes $77 when the light comes on ... i usually dont run it that low ..

thought only occored to me when it did happen cuz i made an airport run this morning with no gas stations open at 3am ...well not in the debe area

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » June 23rd, 2009, 8:34 pm

Good advice fellas ... good to know but it's not a habit you'd want to cultivate.

Personally I wouldn't try that ... do you have any idea how much it is to service a fuel pump?

frontier
Street 2NR

Postby frontier » June 23rd, 2009, 8:38 pm

i have the same ranger, the 4*2 model with the 2.5 turbo and i will definitely recommend you don't go beyond quarter tank

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » June 24th, 2009, 9:57 pm

sweeks wrote:Good advice fellas ... good to know but it's not a habit you'd want to cultivate.

Personally I wouldn't try that ... do you have any idea how much it is to service a fuel pump?

actually it costs $1800tt by ramdass the guy in tableland ..only quote i got but i think its around there for the WL engines

bought some bad deisel in williamsville on my TBR model b-2500 and had to eventually change the pump which i got for $1200 in the bamboo .. eventually i ended up draining the tank and replacing with fuel from the quick shop

word of advice pple be very careful where u buy deisel .. mods i think we should post up a listing of where to buy and where not to buy

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » June 25th, 2009, 10:08 am

you need to run down the tank ever so often..this helps burn out the water that drops out of the diesel..

but try not to drive it with the light on. 1.4 or just below is a good place to refill.

kobe
Ricer

Postby kobe » November 15th, 2009, 10:26 pm

I HAVE A KIA K2700, AND THAT REALL POOR ON FUEL EFFICIENCY I DROVE FROM GRANDE, THROUGH MAYARO TO GASPARILLO WITH THE LIGHT ON, IT WAS DIVALI NIGHT, ALL STATIONS WERE CLOSED

Aero Styles
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Aero Styles » November 25th, 2009, 5:49 am

Question for you guys running the Rangers you all installed a tirbo timer?
Is it necessary and does it void your warranty?

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » December 3rd, 2009, 10:06 am

MonsterPower wrote:
sweeks wrote:Good advice fellas ... good to know but it's not a habit you'd want to cultivate.

actually it costs $1800tt by ramdass the guy in tableland ..only quote i got but i think its around there for the WL engines

bought some bad deisel in williamsville on my TBR model b-2500 and had to eventually change the pump which i got for $1200 in the bamboo .. eventually i ended up draining the tank and replacing with fuel from the quick shop

word of advice pple be very careful where u buy deisel .. mods i think we should post up a listing of where to buy and where not to buy

NEVER buy deisel from williamsville,NEVER. Had an L200 that would smoke white after filling up there,lost power and got less mileage

sureshot_james
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sureshot_james » December 10th, 2009, 1:05 am

enough to go from sando to peaks in POS breathing fumes though I would not suggest it.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”