TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What oil u using in ur diesel van?

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: What oil u using in ur diesel van?

Postby kamakazi » August 10th, 2019, 10:22 am

Like he buy a drum and selling from it.

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » September 21st, 2019, 9:14 pm

So men using a new oil called bizol , i know some years ago men was using amsoil and swear by it, now it have another oil on the market from france called yacco . And the reviews about it is that you notice your engine get quieter and accelerates quicker. which some has said about bizol. I just find all this oil thing real frustrating and de prices only going up every 6 months to a year.
Why oil have to be so expensive ? especially fully synthetic .

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » September 22nd, 2019, 10:31 am

I never paid much attention to oil until I started serving my vehicles out of the firm.

I changed oil in my van yesterday and I use bizol. I can say that right off the bat, the difference is noticeable, smoother idle, less noise etc. But..... That's based on how the engine sounds before the oil change compared to after the oil change. Basically it's new virgin oil compared to old gunky oil. So yes the difference is noticeable at the oil change.

It's the second oil change I've done with the bizol having moved from Castrol. Personally the bizol seems better as the smoothness of idle lasted a few hundred km more. But nearing the 5000 - 6000 km mark, they both seem the same as buildup occurs.

Long story short, I like the bizol when compared to Castrol.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 22nd, 2019, 9:39 pm

I believe the different oil brands are splitting hairs at this point. No brand is really any better than the other, most of the additives are the same and if one brand isn't using it; if there is a market they soon will. They are all designed to meet or exceed their targeted spec and as far as I'm concerned, it is just marketing and price that really separates them at this point.

I simply look for the cheapest I can find in the spec I need/want. My demands of oil are pretty average.

Back to using conventional oil a while now.
Wolf vitaltech
Gulf superfleet
Chevron delo
Last edited by kamakazi on September 22nd, 2019, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » September 22nd, 2019, 9:46 pm

Some people say vehicle with turbo should use synthetic

Dunno

Shrugs shoulders

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 22nd, 2019, 11:07 pm

I think that is to avoid oil coking in the bearings. There is definitely a higher possibility of it happening with conventional oil but it usually only happens if you don't allow the turbo to cool down after spirited driving.

My turbo and exhaust manifold while hot after driving are a lot cooler by comparison than most others. (I will check again with an ir temp gun)

Somewhere along the line synthetic became a marketing buzz word, and they started using it to promote almost everything car related

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 23rd, 2019, 3:40 pm

I've spoken to maxi men who use dino oil on vehicles several years old but they change regularly.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » September 24th, 2019, 7:44 am

Guys...gonna be changing oil today...i change every 5000 miles...which is 8000km so i dont think fully synthetic is necessary here as my interval is 5000 miles.

I am.gonna be switching to Mobil Delvac....15w40....has anyone ever used this...?...any advice?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 24th, 2019, 10:44 am

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:Guys...gonna be changing oil today...i change every 5000 miles...which is 8000km so i dont think fully synthetic is necessary here as my interval is 5000 miles.

I am.gonna be switching to Mobil Delvac....15w40....has anyone ever used this...?...any advice?
Used this for a while in my navara before I got onto motul... no problems at all with it

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » September 26th, 2019, 11:35 am

Kool but y motul.though....better price?
nick639v2 wrote:
*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:Guys...gonna be changing oil today...i change every 5000 miles...which is 8000km so i dont think fully synthetic is necessary here as my interval is 5000 miles.

Used this for a while in my navara before I got onto motul... no problems at all with it

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 25th, 2019, 7:24 pm

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:Kool but y motul.though....better price?
nick639v2 wrote:

.I switched to more or less support the line that my bro sells, but especially in my navara it has been the most noticeable result, quietness and typical injector rattley noise... The higher TBN numbers in the oil (even higher than amzoil and liqui moly) as well is a plus with our diesel sulphur content.

shark
Street 2NR

Postby shark » November 14th, 2019, 10:17 am

I have my van 4 years now and I using Mobil 1 Delvac since day one and i dont get any problems...i change all filters every 5000km and change oil every 10000km so basically every other filters change i change the oil...

I spoke to my uncle who is s a mechanic and also spoke to the guy in the parts store and they both said the Mobil 1 is good for 10000-15000km so i started doing my own system and I find it working good...changing the filter in between oil changes I think would help keep the oil cleaner for longer and I satisfied with it so far...i believe in 'if it not broken dont fix it' so i dont plan on using anything other oil

I dont drive hard...now and again if i lil late I might be a lil rough but is obvious if yuh driving hard and at high revs the engine would get more wear and tear so i think is a combination of driving habits and maintenance that would make the difference not the oil so much

Just my opinion

*$kїđž!™ wrote:Guys...gonna be changing oil today...i change every 5000 miles...which is 8000km so i dont think fully synthetic is necessary here as my interval is 5000 miles.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 15th, 2019, 9:09 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:Kool but y motul.though....better price?
nick639v2 wrote:

.I switched to more or less support the line that my bro sells, but especially in my navara it has been the most noticeable result, quietness and typical injector rattley noise... The higher TBN numbers in the oil (even higher than amzoil and liqui moly) as well is a plus with our diesel sulphur content.
Higher TBN is not necessarily a good thing; this is because it usually accompanies an increase in sulphated Ash (which doesn't burn and can potentially be detrimental to EGR and DPF components)
The oil is usually blended with some balance to the components, more of one means sacrifices are made else where.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 22nd, 2019, 3:44 am

Has anyone ever used any oil additives.

What has your experience been?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » December 23rd, 2019, 11:25 pm

kamakazi wrote:Has anyone ever used any oil additives.

What has your experience been?
What symptoms you have that you want to use additives???

Regular oil change > additive

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 25th, 2019, 12:31 am

Wouldn't really call it a symptom but a bit of a compromise. The oil filter in the d4d Hilux is mounted with the opening pointed downwards. This makes installation easier but allows the oil to drain out of the filter over time (even if it has an anti drain back valve). Just wanted the extra protection at startup before the oil is circulated to the components.

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » January 7th, 2020, 12:17 pm

Anyone using the the NP Ultratec Oil fully synthetic in their pickup?

Rx
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Rx » February 5th, 2023, 7:32 am

Shell Rimula R4
D4D 3.0

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”