TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

General Maintainence Dept. for the DIY in all of us.

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Kenjo
punchin NOS

Re: General Maintainence Dept. for the DIY in all of us.

Postby Kenjo » May 18th, 2014, 10:49 am

aR&D wrote:Wagon'

Clarify this please:

there's a tap off at the bottom of your fuel filter for the water separator, this should be drained monthly ( let the water run out till u see fuel coming out )
the fuel filter itself should ideally be changed with oil filter , but if no particles are observed when the water is drained, keeep it till you see dregs coming out.

when the tap is opened will the liquids flow out on a steady stream or in quick drips?. If in a steady stream then you would need to hurry and close the tap off when fuel starts flowing out ...... i'm asking here.

thanks[/quote

Anyone has a good video of how to do this or could record it next time they perform it on there vehicle such as a Navara please

flesh645
Riding on 13's

Postby flesh645 » July 27th, 2015, 2:41 pm

nice write up guys....

Stuckindmud
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Stuckindmud » March 8th, 2017, 3:17 am

Old thread resurfaced !!

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » June 6th, 2018, 4:38 am

lighthammer wrote:Right, so I made a new stone shield for the Navara, cuz the plastic stock shield got shredded on the last Side B run through Blanchisseuse.

Went to bhagwansingh's and bought some diamond-embossed aluminum sheeting, 4x2'' and $316 per sheet.

Tools needed:

- Ratched with 10-socket
- metal cutting shears
- leather work gloves
- pliers
- small hammer
- drill

Started by removing the plastic lip on the underside of the front bumper, 6-bolts in total to unscrew

The two posterior bolts that held the old plastic stone shield got shredded from previous off-roading adventures, and nothing was holding the stoneshield to the chassis anymore.

Took the old stone shield and used it to make a template on the aluminum sheeting. Doesn't have to be exact, but should fit within the underside of the truck nice and snug.

Always wear heavy gloves when working with metal and cutting shears

Halfway there.

Couldn't resist 8-)

I found the sheeting to be a bit thin, so I made two templates. The one on the bottom is a bit larger than the one on top, so that I could press the larger one over the smaller and double them up, increasing the tensile strength.

Made the edges of the larger one a bit longer, so that I could press the larger one over the smaller one and double the layers.

Almost finished. Now to just go back under the truck to measure out the holes on the chassis, then drill them in accordingly on the new stone-shield.

Had some company under the truck.

Success!!
Looks pretty neat, and it's sitting a bit more flush with the body now. The previous stoneshield used to protrude slightly outwards. The underside looks a lot more sleek now and makes the truck look like it's got more ground clearance up front.

Nicely tucked in under the engine bay, can't hardly see the new stone shield at all.

Mission accomplished.
Next stop... Maracas or Las Cuevas!!
plastic stone shield.. nissan cheap boi.. smh

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » March 3rd, 2019, 6:05 am

Cooper wrote:The Owner's Manual says it should be changed after the first 20,000 Km then inspected at the 40,000Km and then changed again at the 60,0000 Km service, with regular inspections and replacement every 20,000Km. This is for both the front and rear differentials

I stopped going to the stealership for a while now and they never changed the diff oil up until the 30,000Km mark.

I asked about it and they said that they inspected the oil and it was in good condition and it seems that my vehicle isn't regularly hauling a heavy load ....which is true. But I decided to change it anyway to be on the safe side.

I will admit though that the old oil that came out of the diff seemed like it was in good condition. I spilled a few drops on the white plastic sheet I had laid below the vehicle and some of it was almost clear and the oil didn't smell stink like old diff oil usually does.
U ever change the front diff? I change the back a few times.. but never d front

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » March 22nd, 2019, 6:03 am

what vehicle?

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » April 15th, 2019, 2:59 pm

Never had to change my Front Differential. Don't do a lot off-roading anymore so it doesn't get much use.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » April 15th, 2019, 6:06 pm

You should still change it, a lot of filings will settle at the bottom of the diff, change it, use a good synthetic replacement and you can afford to “not change it cuz it doh use much”
Cooper wrote:Never had to change my Front Differential. Don't do a lot off-roading anymore so it doesn't get much use.

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » April 15th, 2019, 7:05 pm

I actually change/check the fluids at the suggested intervals in the owner's manual. It's always clear when I drain it and the magnet on the plug never really has any significant amount of filings. I still change it anyway.

I should mention that my pickup is over 10 years old and is doing approximately 115,000km.

Sent from my 5054N using TriniTuner mobile app

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » April 15th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Understood

I was just trying to make the point that the 1st fluid change is usually important as that gets rid of the 1st bits of internal wear, after that, depending on how you use ur vehicle, you may not necessarily need to stick to the manufacturer schedule, especially for front diffs and transfer cases on daily road driven pick-ups
Cooper wrote:I actually change/check the fluids at the suggested intervals in the owner's manual. It's always clear when I drain it and the magnet on the plug never really has any significant amount of filings. I still change it anyway.

I should mention that my pickup is over 10 years old and is doing approximately 115,000km.

Sent from my 5054N using TriniTuner mobile app

YellowCanary
Riding on 13's

Postby YellowCanary » June 23rd, 2023, 9:25 am

anyone knows a GOOD diesel mechanic in South

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”