TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

licence office restrictions for 12 seater diesel buses

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

licence office restrictions for 12 seater diesel buses

Postby Team Loco » January 10th, 2008, 11:15 pm

for those in the market, take note. did some research on this recently.

did you know? -

1) to licence a new 12 seater mini bus as "P" costs over $70,000 more in taxes than licencing it as "T"? if licenced as "T" the bus must not have any rear seats in it. so if a business wants to buy a mini bus for transport purposes, to get it lecence as "T", they have to remove all rear seats, get it licenced, bolt back in seats, go back to licence office and apply for a workman's permit.

2) this cannot be done with a brand new toyota hiace commuter, since the owners manual classifies it as a coach. Licence office states a coach is clearly a luxury 15 seater bus and therefore can only be licenced as "P". however, a 12 seater mitsubishi bus can have its seats removed and licenced as"T" with no issue. recently a "4 group" security company got all their 15 seater hiace commuters licenced as "T" because they met with the licence authority and were granted this "special" privelidge.

3) if you get your bus licenced as "T" and you are transporting workers in the secondary rear seats, or even family members, without a workman's permit, you can be fined or the vehicle can be siezed. i'm not kidding, it happened last year.

4) a hiace commuter costs $280,000 licenced "T" if possible. the same vehicle costs around $350,000 licenced "P".

5) to import a diesel bus, you must have a registered business.

6) the same rules above apply to foreign used buses.

7) Licence office intends to completely eliminate vehicles with aftermarket canopies, used to transport workers. it has started already. i have a brand new canter with a canopy parked up for a month, since it servesme no purpose again.

8) licence office has recieved amemo to clamp down especially on diesel powered pick ups. my new TBX hilux was failed today forhaving uneven air pressure in the twofront wheels. one had 28lbs, the other had 25lbs. RETARDS!

9) my 30 yr old nissan ck20 failed yesterday for having worn wiper blades. i only buy original, and those were changed only 6 months ago. RETARDS!

10) so since the licence office have started to refuse workman's permit for canopy vehicles, companies have no choice but to look at mini buses for transporting workers. so why not offer tax incentives for buying these "safer" vehicles? they have effectively puta strain on businesses. i wonder who pocketing $70,000 in tax per every new 12 seater bus sold in T&T.

i done talk.

biggy82
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Re: licence office restrictions for 12 seater diesel buses

Postby biggy82 » January 11th, 2008, 1:58 am

Team Loco wrote:1) to licence a new 12 seater mini bus as "P" costs over $70,000 more in taxes than licencing it as "T"? if licenced as "T" the bus must not have any rear seats in it. so if a business wants to buy a mini bus for transport purposes, to get it lecence as "T", they have to remove all rear seats, get it licenced, bolt back in seats, go back to licence office and apply for a workman's permit.

all dis jhanjaat? and why de disparity? it cyar be cos of de different inspection times...an ah doh understand how ah workman's permit does change everyting :?

2) this cannot be done with a brand new toyota hiace commuter, since the owners manual classifies it as a coach. Licence office states a coach is clearly a luxury 15 seater bus and therefore can only be licenced as "P". however, a 12 seater mitsubishi bus can have its seats removed and licenced as"T" with no issue. recently a "4 group" security company got all their 15 seater hiace commuters licenced as "T" because they met with the licence authority and were granted this "special" privelidge.

:lol: but Loco, you ent realize dat u is ah pleb :lol:

3) if you get your bus licenced as "T" and you are transporting workers in the secondary rear seats, or even family members, without a workman's permit, you can be fined or the vehicle can be siezed. i'm not kidding, it happened last year.

more money for de government to spend :evil:

4) a hiace commuter costs $280,000 licenced "T" if possible. the same vehicle costs around $350,000 licenced "P"

wha bout "H" licence?

5) to import a diesel bus, you must have a registered business.

6) the same rules above apply to foreign used buses.

i knew this

7) Licence office intends to completely eliminate vehicles with aftermarket canopies, used to transport workers. it has started already. i have a brand new canter with a canopy parked up for a month, since it servesme no purpose again.

wagon r lookin for ah vehicle :lol: :lol:

8) licence office has recieved amemo to clamp down especially on diesel powered pick ups. my new TBX hilux was failed today forhaving uneven air pressure in the twofront wheels. one had 28lbs, the other had 25lbs. RETARDS!

BWDMC! well ah could totally rule out goin for inspection next year with dat 5% black-titanium tint ah hav on dere :(

9) my 30 yr old nissan ck20 failed yesterday for having worn wiper blades. i only buy original, and those were changed only 6 months ago. RETARDS!

well if de TBX fail, wha u expect?

10) so since the licence office have started to refuse workman's permit for canopy vehicles, companies have no choice but to look at mini buses for transporting workers. so why not offer tax incentives for buying these "safer" vehicles? they have effectively puta strain on businesses. i wonder who pocketing $70,000 in tax per every new 12 seater bus sold in T&T.

ah could answer dat eh, but ah fraid ah get ban :oops:

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » January 11th, 2008, 7:30 am

if i get a van they will impound me for sure.......if i had a van that is... :|

...so wait......yuh fail for yuh air pressure but pass with yuh black tint......hahahahah

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » January 11th, 2008, 9:48 am

Team Loco wrote:10) i wonder who pocketing $70,000 in tax per every new 12 seater bus sold in T&T.

what are the regulations for 25 seaters?

might make more sense to license these instaed of the 12 seaters

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » January 11th, 2008, 10:35 am

I agree with ruling out the canopy top vehicles, but as with everything, there must be a time frame to enact new rules. Pity we cant take departments like this to civil court. :roll: :roll:

And you must be really piss off a licensing officer that day boy... But honestly, you had a right to check those things before you bring it for inspection... Did you go yourself? or send somebody?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 11th, 2008, 5:13 pm

The problem with the 12 seater buses has to do with the traffic congestion problem in the country.

They are trying to dissuade the population from buying these small vehicles to be used as people carriers as they are inefficient from a transportation standpoint. Their method of dissuasion is by imposing these high taxes. In essence they are saying, if you want to cause traffic, then pay the price. If I am correct, aren't they no longer licensing the 12 seater mini-buses as maxi taxis?

Think about it this way. Ten 12 seater mini-buses crossing a point moves 120 passengers. Ten 25 seater buses crossing the same point moves 250 passengers, an increase of over 100%.

The Comprehensive National Transportation Study that the Government has commissioned is supposed to come up with policies for addressing the country's infrastructure problems over the next 20 years. This is just a small part and a short term solution of what is to come.

BTW Team Loco, how much you want for the Canter (w/o the canopy). Them fellas by me write off the new one that I was looking to put the bull-bar on.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » January 11th, 2008, 5:13 pm

the tyre pressure is just plain RIDICKULOUS

TL you didn't sort out the man he Friday drinking money

Gov't workers pay ain't that good

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » January 13th, 2008, 11:54 am

venum wrote:the tyre pressure is just plain RIDICKULOUS

TL you didn't sort out the man he Friday drinking money

Gov't workers pay ain't that good

Eh? Who fool u? :)

Some govt workers getting good money eh! And all ah dem get they back pay... :lol:

Stuckindmud
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Stuckindmud » January 14th, 2008, 9:08 am

Team Loco - did they come out and physically check the air pressure in the tyres?
with what gauge?

that is absolutely ridiculous!!

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » January 15th, 2008, 4:54 pm

i ent paying NO BRIBE. LET THEM HAUL THEY DRUNK ACE....

So, i now hear if i buy a 12 seater bus, licence it "T" and apply for workmans permit, i will only get it licence for 8. lol, this country is the best yes.

Rory, nice right up, but it can be looked at from two perspectives. trying to disuade persons from buying a 12 seater is a retro move. not everyone can afford a 24 seater. i agree with you in terms of maxis.....but why apply the rule to all? i am not buying a "maxi". things must be taken in order. if you are trying to stop use of canopy vehicles, then the next best option is to try to convince people by offering tax incentive, to buy 12 seaters. here they are halting giving canopy workman's permit, but then you killing the businessman with high tax on a 12 seater bus, which is far more economical and safe than a canopy on a single cab pickup that can only carry 9 workers efficiently.

Rory, looks like you'll have to put body armour all round your vehicles!!

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » January 15th, 2008, 9:30 pm

the country needs more businessmen like u Loco

then things will make sense

so what about the guys with the riced out diesel 4x4 and suv's

don't they have to go to license office every year, once they registered as "T"

shouldn't they be failed for the fog lights and neons etc?

biggy82
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby biggy82 » January 16th, 2008, 1:35 am

whahappen venum, me and you had words? :lol: :lol:

my Nav registered with de fogs on, so dais not ah problem. de 5% black-titanium tint is :mrgreen:

later dis year we go see bout dat yes...

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » January 16th, 2008, 7:14 pm

^^^ I looking to put on some fogs and LED's on teh running board when I buy teh L

shhhhh - I like a lil rice

but seriously, won't this cause a problem every year when teh vehicle goes to Licence Office

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » January 19th, 2008, 10:09 am

this still has me upset. all meh 4 canopy vehiclesdues for inspection next week, and allwill fail. this government really cares boy.

banzai
3NE 2NR for life

Postby banzai » February 6th, 2008, 3:32 pm

I don't mean to digress but what about all the "T" vehicles that transport school children with no insurance for the little passengers? Dem is workmen? do talk for de fact that half of de buses used should be in a junk pile.
Now what part of the definition of "coach" means luxury people carrier, Licensing have a special dictionary? Then they didnt want to licence 7 seaters but licensing those where no windows could open.....mumble mumble........so what all de police pick ups for? dey getting workmen permit?........bnaging head on wll.......Ok so price larger cars out of the reach of the average man. no more 280 c and crown and kingswood to fit by big tail, only squnge up in b15 taxi, so people cant fit dey family in one little car (taxes added in 1992 I think?) People then get RORO cars so we gone crazy wit plenty cars on de road now de "MAN" say stop de RORO and when yuh finally get a vehicle to transport all de lil chirren dem yuh cyar licence it so we continue to have accidents with family of 7 dead in one car. Thanks boss I feel de love.........like a picker in mih a$$.........ok I rant ..sorry I done now

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » February 6th, 2008, 4:20 pm

well ranted

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » February 6th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Yup, well said banzai.

Toyo1777
Street 2NR

Postby Toyo1777 » November 24th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Can an suv be registered as t and if so what are the pros and cons of doing so?

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”