TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK: SUV Question - Traction Control System

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 14th, 2007, 6:26 pm

traction control is there when the system senses slippage on a wheel it applies the brake and kills the power until the car regains grip. almost all new cars come with this feature at it will soon be a standard(its ALMOST like an lsd but instead of hooking up with all the power it slows the faster wheel down)
in a 4x4 tcs will rarely be felt with 4x4 mode engaged unless you are offroad
unless you ever plan to offroad a 4x4 is a waste of money
if you currently drive and own a car fwd/rwd then the 2wd suv will suit you just fine just drive it like you would your car and avoid loose dirt and mud and drive safely in the rain 4x4 is not invincibility
btw want to see real 4x4 prowess buy ah land rover defender :lol: :lol:
for a car ah audi quattro
my 0.02c

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » July 14th, 2007, 7:34 pm

cinco wrote:traction control is there when the system senses slippage on a wheel it applies the brake and kills the power until the car regains grip. almost all new cars come with this feature at it will soon be a standard(its ALMOST like an lsd but instead of hooking up with all the power it slows the faster wheel down)
in a 4x4 tcs will rarely be felt with 4x4 mode engaged unless you are offroad
unless you ever plan to offroad a 4x4 is a waste of money
if you currently drive and own a car fwd/rwd then the 2wd suv will suit you just fine just drive it like you would your car and avoid loose dirt and mud and drive safely in the rain 4x4 is not invincibility
btw want to see real 4x4 prowess buy ah land rover defender :lol: :lol:
for a car ah audi quattro
my 0.02c

So what happen to the man who want to go beach ?
OR take a lil dirt road to the river :?: Or to get away from traffic cause it have an accident on the highway? and you have to take a lil cane road?
What about having to hop over a curb to get away from some traffic :?: And... climbing moderate and steep inclined hills where the neighbour doing some construction and it have gravel:?:
Going up Paramin :?: when it wet?

I will stop now.

Granted an AWD vehicle would mean additional maintenance as you have more mechanical parts, I would think that if you CAN afford the AWD, then take it. There are many instances where a 4WD or AWD vehicle has proven itself worthy to their owners...

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » July 14th, 2007, 10:43 pm

^^^bleedingfreak, I saw exactly that yesterday at the accident scene near the Barataria flyover.

The westbound lane was closed so those who had already passed the offramp exit (Barataria) had to negotiate the muddy/grassy/gravely area just west of the offramp. If yuh see antics for the cars drivers. The pickups and SUVs were just fine. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by NorStar2K on July 15th, 2007, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » July 15th, 2007, 8:14 am

i was like a kiddie on xmas day with that one

i wanted to go back and do it again

i did try an xtrail thursday an friday

but even though it's nicer it feels to girlish for me in terms of the ruggedness

back to tuscon again

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 15th, 2007, 5:04 pm

bleedingfreak
i was just posting reference to the fact that if he currently owns a 2wd car and never saw the need for a 4wd vehicle then there is no need to invest and extra 25k into 4wd unless he plans to off road at all

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » July 16th, 2007, 7:02 am

cinco wrote:bleedingfreak
i was just posting reference to the fact that if he currently owns a 2wd car and never saw the need for a 4wd vehicle then there is no need to invest and extra 25k into 4wd unless he plans to off road at all

I know what you saying... I was just being mean :lol: :lol:

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”