Potholes, Nuisance Motorists, and Unsavory, Notorious Chuppidies: My personal trini-driving principles.

Postby FrankChag » March 23rd, 2023, 1:06 pm

Change my mind.

0. Please pay attention. Know who's in front and behind you while driving.

1. When driving, you are leading the cars driving behind you. Behave that way.

2. I hold the Prime Minister personally responsible for every pothole. May God's wrath fall on him/her for every pothole they could fix but have not.

3. Based on a one-second evaluation (or less) of your driving skills (see also #9), if I don't think I want you in front my car, I won't let you come out in front me.

4. (Really 3b) I never let anyone come out of a rum shop in front of me.

5. If there are no cars behind me, I'm not slowing down to let you turn out in front of me. Be patient and wait a few seconds.

6. However, in traffic though, if you look like you’re a patient driver, I'll ease you up.

7. When there's a feeder lane and traffic, I look to see who's trying to jump ahead, or who is legitimately trying to feed. You're not coming in front of me if you're trying to jump ahead.

8. If you don't know how to use the two lanes on a roundabout, you don't deserve a driving permit.

9. I judge you, not based on the color or model of your car, or even cleanliness, but on the degree of chromification and camberization.

10. Drivers with illegal halogen lights or who don't know how to dim their lights for oncoming traffic should be publicly flogged in Woodford square.

11. If you don't know what side of the road to walk on, you deserve to be ticketed and demerited like a motorist.

12. Nuts men on the highway cause traffic. I will never buy from you and drivers who stop and hold up traffic on the highway should be charged along with the nuts man. (See also #1)

13. I respect you if you drive at a decent speed on the road, and you know how to use the slow and fast lane.

14. Conversely, drivers who don't know the difference between the slow and fast lanes cause other drivers to drive badly around them. Slow drivers in the wrong lane on the highway should be charged and demerited.

15. If you are driving a truck, tractor or other large slow-moving vehicle, and you're causing a build-up of traffic behind you and you're not pulling aside to let people pass (see #1), you should be charged and demerited as a nuisance.

16. If you're stopping to pick up a passenger or short-drop, I expect you to indicate and/or stick your hand out to say you're slowing down.

17. Don't jaywalk on a highway or major road. Press the light button, or use the overpass.

18. If you're speeding a truck around a bend, you should be jailed.

19. Go all the way up to the end of the feeder lane and then zip-merge. Otherwise, you're actually causing more traffic. Also, please allow drivers to zip-merge.

20. If you think that driving up close to my car on the left thinking that somehow you're intimidating me so that I will slow down, for you to cut in front of me, you have seriously underestimated my driving skills, my tuned sleeper car, and how easily I'm triggered. Drive decently and I'll let you change lanes in front of me. See #1.

21. I'm not racing you Sir. I just don't want you in front of my car. (See #1). Drive up ahead and see if some other idiot allows you to do that.

22. In single lane un-moving traffic, if you decide to 'overtake' of the right and then try to cut in front of me when cars start to come down the lane... that's not happening (see #1). I'm leaving you right there, and I hope everyone behind me leaves you there also. Same for shoulder jumpers.

23. People who park on the streets in POS should all be towed and fined. You are causing traffic all the way to Grand Bazaar.

24. When walking in town, learn when to cross at a traffic light.

25. I too make mistakes and sometimes I drive like an idiot also. Sometimes a truly idiot driver can trigger other drivers on the road. I'm working on that, and I'm working on not mentally over-judging you.

Re: Potholes, Nuisance Motorists, and Unsavory, Notorious Chuppidies: My personal trini-driving principles.

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 23rd, 2023, 3:12 pm

Mods pls sticky this. Good info for driving in trinidad.

totally agree with #7 and #22, All of us need to come together to look for line jumpers and block them.

Re: Potholes, Nuisance Motorists, and Unsavory, Notorious Chuppidies: My personal trini-driving principles.

Postby Chimera » March 23rd, 2023, 3:16 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:Mods pls sticky this. Good info for driving in trinidad.

totally agree with #7 and #22, All of us need to come together to look for line jumpers and block them.

lol live and let live.

allyuh take chain up, one day yuh will block a gangster or wannabe gangster or a police or gangster police and collect some hard lash.

i stop block people from cutting in long time,

the other day a woman rush me on a flyover, bad drive me, and then block the road for a few seconds because she bad

and i had 3 police in the vehicle with me edging me to overtake her and block her so dey cud come out and firetruck her up.

Postby Chimera » March 23rd, 2023, 3:25 pm

and yes

home girl open the door to spit on the ground apparently to show she bad

if i wasnt a nicer person and knowing how bad her evening and weekend wudda get if i had listen to them fellas in the car eh

trinidad is a extremly dangerous and grimy place

dont play bad unless you know you could back it up

https://emalm.com/?v=lhgAH

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 23rd, 2023, 3:26 pm

We must be our brother's keeper.
The badman mentality stems from these minor things as well. They more they get away with it, the more it will continue.

Pick ur battles tho, a rundown Nissan or Hyundai Accent is surely driven by a ni

nike enthusiast

So tread carefully :lol: . Make it look like it wasn't intentional, leave little gaps so they wont try by you, and when they cut behind you drive slowly so the guy in the back can squeeze him. Driving is kinda like chess sometimes.

Postby redmanjp » March 23rd, 2023, 3:32 pm

definitely agree with 10 - is as if everyone HAVE to have dey high beams on trying to blind me.

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 23rd, 2023, 3:38 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:and yes

if i wasnt a nicer person and knowing how bad her evening and weekend wudda get if i had listen to them fellas in the car eh

Now seeing this post

Shuda listen to the fellas :lol:

It wudna happen a second time.

This is a next nike enthusiast car too. And Elantras.

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 23rd, 2023, 3:40 pm

redmanjp wrote:definitely agree with 10 - is as if everyone HAVE to have dey high beams on trying to blind me.

I have a thread on this actually

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=736260

Postby maj. tom » March 23rd, 2023, 3:45 pm

What is this thread, a user manual in how to road rage? You need a 5 second memory when you're driving. Don't be so emo. Calm yourself, let ppl go their way and let them do what they want. I even leave a large gap for ppl to merge in front me so it won't slow down traffic. A$shole drivers will always be so, or maybe it was a genuine mistake they made. Leave a big gap and have more patience. You are not The Punisher of our roads. 5 seconds later I couldn't give a sheit who do what. Like Phone Surgeon said Trinidad is a dangerous place and you may soon realize that Keeping It Real [insert Dave Chappelle skit] wasn't worth it.

Right and dead on the roads sounding like a good option to half allyuh in here. Or right and spend 2 to 6 weeks sorting out insurance and police report and higher premiums. Take a defensive driving course nah fellas. Reach home safe.

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 23rd, 2023, 3:48 pm

maj. tom wrote:What is this thread, a user manual in how to road rage? You need a 5 second memory when you're driving. Don't be so emo. Calm yourself, let ppl go their way and let them do what they want. I even leave a large gap for ppl to merge in front me so it won't slow down traffic. A$shole drivers will always be so, or maybe it was a genuine mistake they made. Leave a big gap and have more patience. You are not The Punisher of our roads. 5 seconds later I couldn't give a sheit who do what. Like Phone Surgeon said Trinidad is a dangerous place and you may soon realize that Keeping It Real [insert Dave Chappelle skit] wasn't worth it.

Right and dead on the roads sounding like a good option to half allyuh in here. Or right and spend 2 to 6 weeks sorting out insurance and police report and higher premiums. Take a defensive driving course nah fellas. Reach home safe.

yolo

Postby j.o.e » March 23rd, 2023, 3:50 pm

Disagree with 4. I prefer a drunk driver in front of me than behind me. Not that i use leaving a rum shop be a determinant of that anyway

Postby wing » March 23rd, 2023, 3:53 pm

maj. tom wrote:What is this thread, a user manual in how to road rage? You need a 5 second memory when you're driving. Don't be so emo. Calm yourself, let ppl go their way and let them do what they want. I even leave a large gap for ppl to merge in front me so it won't slow down traffic. A$shole drivers will always be so, or maybe it was a genuine mistake they made. Leave a big gap and have more patience. You are not The Punisher of our roads. 5 seconds later I couldn't give a sheit who do what. Like Phone Surgeon said Trinidad is a dangerous place and you may soon realize that Keeping It Real [insert Dave Chappelle skit] wasn't worth it.

yolo
There;s more to life than sitting paralyzed in front a screen"

"RISE UP MY BROTHERS"

Postby Chimera » March 23rd, 2023, 3:58 pm

Now seeing this post

Shuda listen to the fellas

It wudna happen a second time.

This is a next nike enthusiast car too. And Elantras.
Nah boy....that woman mighta collect some hard clout and someone wudda record it and get me and my car in the video and then all kinda questions wudda arise. Social media these days does cause real problem

Postby Chimera » March 23rd, 2023, 4:00 pm

I mean I probably the last person to advise against dangerous and reckless and senseless behavior but I does have a good reason when I doing it

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 23rd, 2023, 4:12 pm

"9. I judge you, not based on the color or model of your car, or even cleanliness, but on the degree of chromification and camberization."

Actually, I judge people heavily based on this

You should never EVER let an untinted white wagon (esp the Toyota Corolla 100 Wagon/AD wagon) merge in front of you. They are usually driven by old men with slow reflexes who drive 70% the posted speed limit.

Same for Woman driven SUV's.

Same for beat out coconut van as well, it will fall apart if they go above 60Km/h.

Postby Chimera » March 23rd, 2023, 4:30 pm

Allyuh get frank chag number and keep it on speed dial. See if he coming to help yuh when some men caving in yuh face for a bad drive

Postby gastly369 » March 23rd, 2023, 4:40 pm

j.o.e wrote:Disagree with 4. I prefer a drunk driver in front of me than behind me. Not that i use leaving a rum shop be a determinant of that anyway
I does let all jackdonkey drivers go infront as well

Had one cause he see "turbo car" bumpering and zig zag behind my car with he scrap iron turbo van... He buss a dotish overtake on a corner and Head on into lifted vehicle so no personal damage to them... I leave he mc and gone my way...heard was jaws of life to remove he ass form the scrap iron he was driving

Short story go infront and dead dotish ill pass taking my time

Postby hover11 » March 23rd, 2023, 4:46 pm

Number 12- vending on the highway is illegal but as with everything else nobody stopping them, police sometimes patronize from them from time to time

Postby ProtonPowder » March 23rd, 2023, 5:16 pm

You see how that brake light was practically flashing? That driver was shaking with adrenaline

Postby Chimera » March 23rd, 2023, 5:19 pm

That cudda end so bad for her if I had time to waste and was in a bad mood eh

Postby maj. tom » March 23rd, 2023, 5:58 pm

>home girl open the door to spit on the ground apparently to show she bad

I finding this so hilarious, like something one would see in a Key & Peele sketch or something. I not connecting this display of stupid impotent rage with the badness at all.

btw she was in the wrong eh. You had the right of way. But split second shitty driving decisions like that happens all the time, mistake or intentional.... and then count to 5 and let it go. She was Keeping it Real.

Postby Chimera » March 23rd, 2023, 6:05 pm

Yea I know she was wrong. I cudda hit her for spite and get a nice insurance claim

But den the headache of insurance and the time eh worth it for 20 seconds of my time.

I have more important things to do than get tie up with a shitty driver who I could avoid.

Postby paid_influencer » March 23rd, 2023, 6:10 pm

i agree with the women drivers in suv part. one ram into my car backside before. i was parked in a car park.

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 24th, 2023, 2:19 am

I can't take any driver who still says fast lane and slow lane seriously.

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 24th, 2023, 8:00 am

maj. tom wrote:>home girl open the door to spit on the ground apparently to show she bad

I finding this so hilarious, like something one would see in a Key & Peele sketch or something. I not connecting this display of stupid impotent rage with the badness at all.

btw she was in the wrong eh. You had the right of way. But split second shitty driving decisions like that happens all the time, mistake or intentional.... and then count to 5 and let it go. She was Keeping it Real.

she dont like people playin on her fone

hover11 wrote:Number 12- vending on the highway is illegal but as with everything else nobody stopping them, police sometimes patronize from them from time to time

Meen mind the nuts / pineapple men inno. Once they drivers not holding up traffic to buy I good.....

Is the flickin windshield washers dread,,,,, selling a service that coming on cars for free since the 1950's

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 24th, 2023, 8:01 am

hustla_ambition101 wrote:I can't take any driver who still says fast lane and slow lane seriously.

So which lane does a person usually overtake on pa?

Which lane does a person usually drive faster than the other cars to pass the slower cars pa?

Postby Musical Doc » March 24th, 2023, 10:17 am

hustla_ambition101 wrote:I can't take any driver who still says fast lane and slow lane seriously.

Which lane does a person usually drive faster than the other cars to pass the slower cars pa?

I think the actual terms for it are left and right lane, not slow and fast lane. The law says keep on the left lane unless overtaking, but it doesn't mean you can't drive fast on the left lane.

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 24th, 2023, 10:38 am

Musical Doc wrote:

I think the actual terms for it are left and right lane, not slow and fast lane. The law says keep on the left lane unless overtaking, but it doesn't mean you can't drive fast on the left lane.

Breddaman,

You are a musical doctor, not a musical lawyer :lol:

Is there a left lane? Yes.
Is there a right lane? Yes.
Is there a lane where people usually drive slower? Yes.
Is there a lane where people usually drive faster? Yes.

Postby gastly369 » March 24th, 2023, 10:43 am

And then there is the 7 seater / tiida lane to far far left

Postby mero » March 24th, 2023, 11:01 am

Musical Doc wrote:

Breddaman,

You are a musical doctor, not a musical lawyer

Is there a left lane? Yes.
Is there a right lane? Yes.
Is there a lane where people usually drive slower? Yes.
Is there a lane where people usually drive faster? Yes.
You way too confident with this level of ignorance.

Does know ppl who never open a regs booklet and pay for dey license yes