Forums

Man charged with larceny after bank error puts TT$32mil in his account

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

wingnut
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Man charged with larceny after bank error puts TT$32mil in his account

Postby wingnut » March 20th, 2023, 12:05 pm

What they should reconsider is screening they staff better so ppl dont get rob after they withdraw large sums of money

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 20th, 2023, 2:43 pm

Funny thing tho.

I don't mind getting robbed, as long as the bandit doesn't mind getting murdered.
If f I moving with more than a certain amount in cash, keep telling yuhself I moving alone. It might look is me alone. But all dat is part of the illusion.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 20th, 2023, 2:54 pm

wingnut wrote:What they should reconsider is screening they staff better so ppl dont get rob after they withdraw large sums of money
Is that wise to move around with all that cash for whatever purpose? Manager's cheques are just 20 dollars and are good as cash. So why given our high crime rate would anyone make themselves a target like that is beyond me.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 20th, 2023, 3:01 pm

managers cheques are as good as cash?

lol.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 20th, 2023, 5:26 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:managers cheques are as good as cash?

lol.

Ah nearly dead when I read dat meh self. He eh kno, printers and banks does list stolen managers cheques quite often, and forgeries/fakes getting better every day.

hover11 wrote:Is that wise to move around with all that cash for whatever purpose? Manager's cheques are just 20 dollars and are good as cash. So why given our high crime rate would anyone make themselves a target like that is beyond me.

Lemme tell you something.
You'd be very surprised at exactly how much cash a man in normal fitting jeans can keep and conceal in their pockets without any visible signs. And that's just in his pockets, 8n jeans, I eh even start on the other locations to secure cash on your, physical person, and you can carry even more if you wear cargo-style pants.
Serious question for you
How much cash you feel a person in normal jeans can conceal?

As regards making yourself a target, you're already a potential target even when all you have is $40 cash in your wallet. The cash doesn't make you a target, it's the people you deal with and you yourself that do that.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 20th, 2023, 6:57 pm

if we are all targets its better to have the $40 rather than $40k in your pocket when they come to rob u.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 20th, 2023, 7:14 pm

redmanjp wrote:if we are all targets its better to have the $40 rather than $40k in your pocket when they come to rob u.

$40 they wld want more. i does walk around with at least like 150

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 20th, 2023, 8:34 pm

redmanjp wrote:if we are all targets its better to have the $40 rather than $40k in your pocket when they come to rob u.

u kno dem fellas sharing bullet and busshead when they only get small change when they rob u right?

As regards the 40k, daz only half of what u can tote concealed. 2 stacks of 100s in each pocket. Ideally, wear a jersey that covers the pockets and nobody have a clue.
As added measures, keep a lil firecracker in d waistband, and a man with another lil firecracker in hand in a car real close by and u gtg

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 20th, 2023, 9:06 pm

Yup u can easily have 100k in cash in a regular jeans pocket

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » March 20th, 2023, 9:09 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Yup u can easily have 100k in cash in a regular jeans pocket

i tried and i reached like 150

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 20th, 2023, 9:15 pm

that was must be held with a rubber band
they plastic money does spring out and slide in a mess

GixxerMan
Sweet on this forum

Postby GixxerMan » March 22nd, 2023, 12:17 am

How is this even possible with that amount?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 22nd, 2023, 6:48 pm

GixxerMan wrote:How is this even possible with that amount?

Anything is possible, when you wear jeans that allow you ballz and legs access to air

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » May 2nd, 2023, 11:53 am

So my local bank account had a strange deposit of $676,000 TTD , only notice this morning ,I check my account every 5 month so, called the toll free phone number after waiting 45 mins to speak to a CSR, WTF going on in this place ,CSR said no errors in my account, they dint even hold the account , the funds was deposited 2 months ago. trini is too sweet yes .

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 2nd, 2023, 12:51 pm

Wire it to me for safekeeping

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » May 2nd, 2023, 1:59 pm

Link mah ah $12k nah i wah buy some evo seats for meh lansah

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 2nd, 2023, 2:11 pm

Xplode wrote:So my local bank account had a strange deposit of $676,000 TTD , only notice this morning ,I check my account every 5 month so, called the toll free phone number after waiting 45 mins to speak to a CSR, WTF going on in this place ,CSR said no errors in my account, they dint even hold the account , the funds was deposited 2 months ago. trini is too sweet yes .

That is why no one in the bank could tell me what happened to MY money!

Cyber crime is real.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 2nd, 2023, 2:38 pm

Xplode wrote:So my local bank account had a strange deposit of $676,000 TTD , only notice this morning ,I check my account every 5 month so, called the toll free phone number after waiting 45 mins to speak to a CSR, WTF going on in this place ,CSR said no errors in my account, they dint even hold the account , the funds was deposited 2 months ago. trini is too sweet yes .

so u get a free gift is what they saying? no errors mean is yours and u cud withdraw it or spend it not so?

even if u have to give it back maybe u cud keep the interest
Last edited by redmanjp on May 2nd, 2023, 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 2nd, 2023, 3:42 pm

Dem CSR dotish eh so don't take it on. Either leave it alone and ignore it and it will fix in time, or go to a bank branch and ask for manager one time in an office, don't interact with the teller.

Hope u recorded that call. And you have PDF statements.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 2nd, 2023, 4:54 pm

Somebody mus be notice yuh limited local activity and decide to wash money tru yuh account. Yuh safe in the usa. Spend the $$$.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 2nd, 2023, 5:16 pm

bossman Xplode, if I was you I would go to a lawyer. Don't even call the bank. Them ent know anything and even if they did, their interest is not aligned with your interest. You should expect CYA mode (cover-ya-rass mode) from every person in their employ when the issue is raised.

You need somebody who is acting in your interest by professional oath. Get a lawyer, one with commercial law and dealing with property rights. Let them send the bank a letter on your behalf. Let them go with you to make a police report too if required. If the property ($676,000 TTD) is abandoned you might even get to keep it. But the paperwork need to be in order and that is what lawyers are trained to do.

You need to protect yourself. Don't do anything on your own and don't ignore it. God speed and good luck.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 2nd, 2023, 6:08 pm

paid_influencer wrote:bossman Xplode, if I was you I would go to a lawyer. Don't even call the bank. Them ent know anything and even if they did, their interest is not aligned with your interest. You should expect CYA mode (cover-ya-rass mode) from every person in their employ when the issue is raised.

You need somebody who is acting in your interest by professional oath. Get a lawyer, one with commercial law and dealing with property rights. Let them send the bank a letter on your behalf. Let them go with you to make a police report too if required. If the property ($676,000 TTD) is abandoned you might even get to keep it. But the paperwork need to be in order and that is what lawyers are trained to do.

You need to protect yourself. Don't do anything on your own and don't ignore it. God speed and good luck.

This was just another post written from the wrong perspective and filled with bad advice.

Read your account opening agreement. There is no "abandoned property" clause with respect to bank deposits. If you spend it, you stole it.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » May 2nd, 2023, 7:40 pm

adnj wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:bossman Xplode, if I was you I would go to a lawyer. Don't even call the bank. Them ent know anything and even if they did, their interest is not aligned with your interest. You should expect CYA mode (cover-ya-rass mode) from every person in their employ when the issue is raised.

This was just another post written from the wrong perspective and filled with bad advice.

Read your account opening agreement. There is no "abandoned property" clause with respect to bank deposits. If you spend it, you stole it.

It all depends on how much the bank is willing to go after.

If you have an accidental $20 deposited in your account and you spend it, no bank is going to waste time trying to recover it. The benefits do just justify the costs.

For 676k, I'm fairly certain they're coming for that.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » May 2nd, 2023, 7:47 pm

Don’t spend it invest it. Interest free loan. Use 200k to purchase some fast moving consumer goods. Rinse and repeat by the time they figure it out you can pay them back

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”