Forums

UNC 2.0?!?!?!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dogg
Riding on 16's

Re: UNC 2.0?!?!?!

Postby dogg » January 26th, 2023, 9:31 am

A man comparing imbecile Phillip Alexander to Jesus oui.

Allyuh think it easy with these political fanatics?

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » January 26th, 2023, 9:32 am

UNC without Kamla as leader is the only way they can contemplate being competitive in elections.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 26th, 2023, 10:43 am

Kamla faces motion for change

... UNC stalwarts want old guard back to help fight PNM

Some United National Congress members are moving to seek change in the party—again.

A motion was filed yesterday to mount a call at Sunday’s National Congress to bring back all former, inactive and “parked up” members and to get a stronger national executive than the current management team.

The motion was filed by UNC life members, MPs Dr Fuad Khan and Ramona Ramdial. It is being supported by other UNC stalwarts, including attorney Larry Lalla.

Their letter to UNC general secretary Peter Khan calls for the motion to be approved for debate at the Congress, “as it speaks to the survival of our party and the readiness to return to government.”

The Congress will be at the Couva South Hall.

The motion arrived following last Friday’s Electoral College vote on a President, where Government’s 38 parliamentarians, nine independent Senators and the House Speaker’s vote gave Government’s nominee, Christine Kangaloo, a winning total of 48 votes.

But out of the total of 25 Opposition parliamentarians (19 MPs and six Senators), UNC nominee Israel Khan, SC, received 22 votes and there were three spoiled ballots.

The division and bucking of the party line by the three MPs has been seen as an indictment on Opposition UNC Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s leadership.

Persad-Bissessar retained the leadership in UNC’s internal elections last July, in a race with Fuad Khan. She obtained 11,554 votes and Khan, 644.

The motion filed by Khan and Ramdial stated whereas:

• UNC hasn’t been able to achieve electoral success in the past seven years since 2015

• Many members, former past members, former executive, founding members have all been inactive in the party’s forward strategy; and the party can benefit from their experience

• The coalition of parties in 2010 was able to win Government

Be it resolved that:

• The leadership consisting of the political leader and the National Executive (Nat-Ex), find a method of approach to communicate and embrace the forementioned groups of previous experienced members and well-wishers

• Failure to develop such a plan within three months should result in a new internal election for a Nat-Ex WITHOUT the position of political leader being contested.

The motion listed other conditions for such an election.

Contacted yesterday, Khan told the T&T Guardian, “This isn’t an attack on the political leader. Apart from the call to return members, it’s largely a method to change the structure of voting to get a stronger institution. All Nat-Ex officers are from the leader’s slate. But things aren’t going anywhere and there’s general election in two and half years, we need to put things in place.

“The three spoilt ballots showed some people were dissatisfied with both PNM and UNC’s nominees for President. But it magnifies the need for a different approach.”

Khan added, “A Congress is designed to place a party on a forward projection with ideas that are innovative, that when used will make a difference in political success. UNC’s Nat-Ex has an overall responsibility to members, not to just prop up a leader.

“I’m suggesting a way forward to develop a different approach, that, if accepted, will thrust the party into winning 2025 general election. I hope the Nat-Ex and leader understands the strategy. I hope good sense prevails and it’ll be debated. A number of other UNC members are glad it’s being done.”

If the motion isn’t debated, Khan said he’ll keep plugging the issue.

“The UNC needs changes. We must get a change if more and more members seek this...”

Party needs urgent change - Lalla

Lalla meanwhile said he’d like to address the Congress to explain his view about the party’s failings.

He cited the party’s handling of the vote on the President, on the Police Commissioner’s merit list and the Vincent Nelson indemnity issue.

“We need to build a credible opposition to meet the national community’s hopes and aspirations. I feel the three spoilt ballots were intentional to send a message of dissatisfaction to the leader. I’m pleading for urgent change in how UNC approaches national politics,” Lalla said.

“We hope members will be allowed free and frank discussions on the issue. One would expect the same democracy the UNC talks about in Parliament will be treasured and respected in the Congress’ conduct.”

Lalla urged all former/inactive UNC members to attend and “let their voices be heard, as at this point of T&T’s history, a strong united Opposition’s needed. It’s time to love again, provided the conditions in the ‘home’ are conducive.”

Ramdial anticipated their motion- being vetted for approval - will be rejected by the leadership.

“But the majority of members believe the time is right for unity within the party, since we’re in mid-term and Local Government polls are due soon.

“With unification experienced, members who can add value and knowledge to rebuilding UNC will return. UNC’s in dire need of new political strategies and an aggressive membership drive to start rebranding and regrouping.”

Some UNC officials yesterday said the party always calls for groups to unite with the UNC and “the door is open.” However, they felt the motion might camouflage a “takeover” bid for the party.

UNC deputy leaders Roodal Moonilal, David Lee and Jearlean John, and general secretary Peter Kanhai, didn’t respond to T&T Guardian queries on Khan’s motion, or on another (unsigned) motion on social media which called for Persad-Bissessar to step down and for internal elections for a new leader by April.

The document stated this was necessary, since the UNC needs to put itself in a position to win the next general election and the “current leadership has made too many errors in its political judgement and is unlikely to beat the PNM.”

It further stated the UNC “continues to loose (sic) valued supporters and members, with some of them now being part of the PNM. The current image of the party is no longer attractive to floating voters and we must take decisions with new, fresh leadership to give the party a more attractive image.”

Source: https://guardian.co.tt/news/kamla-faces ... 9ab595b559

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 26th, 2023, 11:04 am

why unc bisnis is front page news in d express , like it eh have no murders yesterday or nothing else more important to print on d news or dat go make poo nm um i mean T&T look bad

kamla jes like panday : she eh going no wey ... & like no other well liked potential unc leader coming up to take she place

i nominate prakash - d way he get orn against paria dise exactly d kind of civilized aggression d unc seriously needs ... :agrue:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 26th, 2023, 11:21 am

Attention Team UNC,

2025 is approaching and your party is behind as usual.

Time is running out.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 26th, 2023, 12:05 pm

Rovin wrote:why unc bisnis is front page news in d express , like it eh have no murders yesterday or nothing else more important to print on d news or dat go make poo nm um i mean T&T look bad

kamla jes like panday : she eh going no wey ... & like no other well liked potential unc leader coming up to take she place

i nominate prakash - d way he get orn against paria dise exactly d kind of civilized aggression d unc seriously needs ... :agrue:

Prakash was a HUGE disappointment when he was in the PP.

Remember when he threatened to pull the COP out and Kamla and dem give him some sauces to keep his tail quiet. He boiled down like bhaji after that.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » January 26th, 2023, 12:29 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Kamla faces motion for change

... UNC stalwarts want old guard back to help fight PNM

Some United National Congress members are moving to seek change in the party—again.

A motion was filed yesterday to mount a call at Sunday’s National Congress to bring back all former, inactive and “parked up” members and to get a stronger national executive than the current management team.

The motion was filed by UNC life members, MPs Dr Fuad Khan and Ramona Ramdial. It is being supported by other UNC stalwarts, including attorney Larry Lalla.

Their letter to UNC general secretary Peter Khan calls for the motion to be approved for debate at the Congress, “as it speaks to the survival of our party and the readiness to return to government.”

The Congress will be at the Couva South Hall.

The motion arrived following last Friday’s Electoral College vote on a President, where Government’s 38 parliamentarians, nine independent Senators and the House Speaker’s vote gave Government’s nominee, Christine Kangaloo, a winning total of 48 votes.

But out of the total of 25 Opposition parliamentarians (19 MPs and six Senators), UNC nominee Israel Khan, SC, received 22 votes and there were three spoiled ballots.

The division and bucking of the party line by the three MPs has been seen as an indictment on Opposition UNC Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s leadership.

Persad-Bissessar retained the leadership in UNC’s internal elections last July, in a race with Fuad Khan. She obtained 11,554 votes and Khan, 644.

The motion filed by Khan and Ramdial stated whereas:

• UNC hasn’t been able to achieve electoral success in the past seven years since 2015

• Many members, former past members, former executive, founding members have all been inactive in the party’s forward strategy; and the party can benefit from their experience

• The coalition of parties in 2010 was able to win Government

Be it resolved that:

• The leadership consisting of the political leader and the National Executive (Nat-Ex), find a method of approach to communicate and embrace the forementioned groups of previous experienced members and well-wishers

• Failure to develop such a plan within three months should result in a new internal election for a Nat-Ex WITHOUT the position of political leader being contested.

The motion listed other conditions for such an election.

Contacted yesterday, Khan told the T&T Guardian, “This isn’t an attack on the political leader. Apart from the call to return members, it’s largely a method to change the structure of voting to get a stronger institution. All Nat-Ex officers are from the leader’s slate. But things aren’t going anywhere and there’s general election in two and half years, we need to put things in place.

“The three spoilt ballots showed some people were dissatisfied with both PNM and UNC’s nominees for President. But it magnifies the need for a different approach.”

Khan added, “A Congress is designed to place a party on a forward projection with ideas that are innovative, that when used will make a difference in political success. UNC’s Nat-Ex has an overall responsibility to members, not to just prop up a leader.

“I’m suggesting a way forward to develop a different approach, that, if accepted, will thrust the party into winning 2025 general election. I hope the Nat-Ex and leader understands the strategy. I hope good sense prevails and it’ll be debated. A number of other UNC members are glad it’s being done.”

If the motion isn’t debated, Khan said he’ll keep plugging the issue.

“The UNC needs changes. We must get a change if more and more members seek this...”

Party needs urgent change - Lalla

Lalla meanwhile said he’d like to address the Congress to explain his view about the party’s failings.

He cited the party’s handling of the vote on the President, on the Police Commissioner’s merit list and the Vincent Nelson indemnity issue.

“We need to build a credible opposition to meet the national community’s hopes and aspirations. I feel the three spoilt ballots were intentional to send a message of dissatisfaction to the leader. I’m pleading for urgent change in how UNC approaches national politics,” Lalla said.

“We hope members will be allowed free and frank discussions on the issue. One would expect the same democracy the UNC talks about in Parliament will be treasured and respected in the Congress’ conduct.”

Lalla urged all former/inactive UNC members to attend and “let their voices be heard, as at this point of T&T’s history, a strong united Opposition’s needed. It’s time to love again, provided the conditions in the ‘home’ are conducive.”

Ramdial anticipated their motion- being vetted for approval - will be rejected by the leadership.

“But the majority of members believe the time is right for unity within the party, since we’re in mid-term and Local Government polls are due soon.

“With unification experienced, members who can add value and knowledge to rebuilding UNC will return. UNC’s in dire need of new political strategies and an aggressive membership drive to start rebranding and regrouping.”

Some UNC officials yesterday said the party always calls for groups to unite with the UNC and “the door is open.” However, they felt the motion might camouflage a “takeover” bid for the party.

UNC deputy leaders Roodal Moonilal, David Lee and Jearlean John, and general secretary Peter Kanhai, didn’t respond to T&T Guardian queries on Khan’s motion, or on another (unsigned) motion on social media which called for Persad-Bissessar to step down and for internal elections for a new leader by April.

The document stated this was necessary, since the UNC needs to put itself in a position to win the next general election and the “current leadership has made too many errors in its political judgement and is unlikely to beat the PNM.”

It further stated the UNC “continues to loose (sic) valued supporters and members, with some of them now being part of the PNM. The current image of the party is no longer attractive to floating voters and we must take decisions with new, fresh leadership to give the party a more attractive image.”

Source: https://guardian.co.tt/news/kamla-faces ... 9ab595b559
rare W or another L?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 26th, 2023, 12:33 pm

my bet is on a swift L.

The queen shalt not abdicate

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 26th, 2023, 12:36 pm

UNC and PNM incumbent leaders BOTH RIGGED their internal elections.

Good luck with that motion.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 26th, 2023, 2:31 pm

I always find it quite perplexing that even Bas got so unpopular he was voted out but KPB can't

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » January 26th, 2023, 3:04 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:I always find it quite perplexing that even Bas got so unpopular he was voted out but KPB can't
Probably because the alternatives don't have the novelty or charisma or are outright distasteful to the members and the electorate. Meanwhile the PNM superior organisation and control of internal issues means they could be given another mandate to finish off the country as we know it.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » January 26th, 2023, 4:01 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:my bet is on a swift L.

Attachments
unc.jpeg
unc1.jpeg

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 26th, 2023, 4:02 pm

eliteauto wrote:

Well that was even faster than I thought LMAOOO..

Squished like a bug on a rug

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 26th, 2023, 4:14 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:I always find it quite perplexing that even Bas got so unpopular he was voted out but KPB can't

Because she is a woman and their queen. Dotish UNC supporters.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 26th, 2023, 4:15 pm

bluefete wrote:
Rovin wrote:why unc bisnis is front page news in d express , like it eh have no murders yesterday or nothing else more important to print on d news or dat go make poo nm um i mean T&T look bad

Prakash was a HUGE disappointment when he was in the PP.

Remember when he threatened to pull the COP out and Kamla and dem give him some sauces to keep his tail quiet. He boiled down like bhaji after that.

what sauces?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » January 26th, 2023, 5:13 pm

because the people opposed had the balls to split off and start their own party. COP people used to cuss away them UNC blind followers until the UNC bottom lickers get sense and dump the rubbish from their party

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » January 26th, 2023, 5:48 pm

That letter probably made ALOT more people decide not to vote for UNC come 2025. At least some change is necessary in the party and it needs to start from the top. It's going to be an EPIC beatdown in 2025 for them.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 26th, 2023, 5:54 pm

eliteauto wrote:

basically that letter is a nice polite way for d unc executive to say 6tmhs ago d unc financial members had resoundingly by a landslide voted to put back kamla & her slate of yesmen, not d 2 of u, therefore u & fuad shud hymc, be quiet or gtfo ... long live d queen

:roll:

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » January 26th, 2023, 6:02 pm

I feel Aunty Kams would be there until 2030 and beyond. Nothing moving her from there.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 26th, 2023, 6:10 pm

yep, a lot of ppl who are not politically inclined consider fuad better than most
he might blurt out some lunatic statements now and then but he not from the drunk ignorant camp

DMan7 wrote:That letter probably made ALOT more people decide not to vote for UNC come 2025. At least some change is necessary in the party and it needs to start from the top. It's going to be an EPIC beatdown in 2025 for them.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 26th, 2023, 6:57 pm

correct me if i wrong but in political parties iirc ent is d financial contributing members only who have a ability to cast a vote on executive matters & not just a normal card carrying non financial contributing member who basically just gives moral support ? ... so even if all of us on tuner saying this\that for any party unless we are party financiers all we can is talk\suggest & they dont have to take us on since we really eh nobody

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 26th, 2023, 7:32 pm

I'd rather PNM than putting back Ramdial in ANY position of political power.WOFT

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » January 26th, 2023, 8:26 pm

Rovin wrote:correct me if i wrong but in political parties iirc ent is d financial contributing members only who have a ability to cast a vote on executive matters & not just a normal card carrying non financial contributing member who basically just gives moral support ? ... so even if all of us on tuner saying this\that for any party unless we are party financiers all we can is talk\suggest & they dont have to take us on since we really eh nobody

true. but they shouldn't expect for us to vote for whichever chithound they put as leader in GE.

which i believe is Fuad point -- kamla run all the COP ppl, she run all the ILP ppl, and now the party have more than half the support base sitting outside the party.

but tradition in business is that if you call a motion-of-no-confidence against the leader and YOU lose, you tender your resignation. ramona, fuad, is time. if you have no confidence, leave.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 26th, 2023, 9:00 pm

Rovin wrote:correct me if i wrong but in political parties iirc ent is d financial contributing members only who have a ability to cast a vote on executive matters & not just a normal card carrying non financial contributing member who basically just gives moral support ? ... so even if all of us on tuner saying this\that for any party unless we are party financiers all we can is talk\suggest & they dont have to take us on since we really eh nobody

my old man was in the party years ago, so I was a paying member for a while.
I wish I could ask for a refund :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LONG LIVE THE SILVER FOX

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 26th, 2023, 9:30 pm

so anybody could become a paying member or they carefully choose that just in case of a coup vote ?

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » January 27th, 2023, 4:23 am

i horse racing if a horse losing over an over they either shoot it or make glue with it. it mystify me why they following this tanty so much. time to wake up and shake off the dust an get rid of pnm. put anita haynes a new political leader.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 27th, 2023, 6:43 am

UNC had a lifetime membership option where a one time fee gave membership.

My uncle back in 2000 was in the Assam/Carlos John camp when they were making moves to control the executive of the party and they paid the registration for anyone they knew 18 and over to get votes for that slate.

It's how I ended up a member. Now that I think back it's essentially fraud as I along with my siblings never signed on to anything and I would assume a membership form would have to be signed.

COP is the only party I willing paid and signed on to and have been disillusioned with party politics ever since.
pugboy wrote:so anybody could become a paying member or they carefully choose that just in case of a coup vote ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 27th, 2023, 6:45 am

so what about now ?
guess they are very wary of whom they giving voting membership to

Dizzy28 wrote:UNC had a lifetime membership option where a one time fee gave membership.

My uncle back in 2000 was in the Assam/Carlos John camp when they were making moves to control the executive of the party and they paid the registration for anyone they knew 18 and over to get votes for that slate.

It's how I ended up a member. Now that I think back it's essentially fraud as I along with my siblings never signed on to anything and I would assume a membership form would have to be signed.

COP is the only party I willing paid and signed on to and have been disillusioned with party politics ever since.
pugboy wrote:so anybody could become a paying member or they carefully choose that just in case of a coup vote ?

mero

Postby mero » January 27th, 2023, 7:05 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

Well that was even faster than I thought LMAOOO..

Squished like a bug on a rug
Lol, Another day another L.

LONG LIVE SUCHILLA!

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 27th, 2023, 8:58 am

pugboy wrote:so what about now ?
guess they are very wary of whom they giving voting membership to

Dizzy28 wrote:UNC had a lifetime membership option where a one time fee gave membership.

I have no clue.
I'm sure we have some Rising Sun bantons in here who are very active party organizers and members. They could low we some info

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”