TriniTuner 24-7

Re: CARNIVAL 2023

Postby timelapse » January 31st, 2023, 9:12 am

Kickstart wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:national culture:

22694785-1024x783.jpg

22694999-1024x719.jpg

Licks for UNC as Kaiso Showkase opens

PICONG and political commentary dominated the opening night of Kaiso Showkase calypso tent at Palms Club, San Fernando on Friday night, with the usual bashing for the opposition and praise for the ruling party.

The lone UNC alderman Colin Lezama on the San Fernando City Corporation, sat in silence, with a smile and sometimes a smirk, among his cheering PNM colleagues who raised their hands and applauded as the calypsonians pounded his party and leader.

Dressed in yellow dress and shoes, the UNC’s party colour, Alicia Richards got the most encores for her satire called De Crush, in which she explored the “real relationship” between Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar and former AG Faris Al-Rawi.

There was raucous laughter from the time the diminutive and plump calypsonian hit the stage, telling the story of the "lady from Siparia" who sat opposite Faris when he was AG, always on his case blaming him for every situation in the country.

Richards, intimating she was really masquerading a crush, batted her eye lashes as she sang, “Everything is Faris, Faris, Faris, Ah wonder how Gregory does feel,” – a reference to Persad-Bissessar's husband.

Rolling out new verses as she was called back, she suggested that having “finished with Faris she now attack Foster, he name she began to slander, saying he is a land grabber, madam Siparia crying Foster, Foster, how Gregory does feel,” ending with “Rowley, Rowley, Rowley," – adding government minister Foster Cummings and the Prime Minister to song.

Enjoying multiple encores also was Tameika Darius for stage presence, in costume as an African queen, and a song which dealt with the name-calling spat between government minister Camille Robinson-Regis over Persad-Bissessar’s Indian middle name and Persad-Bissessar's comeback about her "slave" name.

As a woman of African descent, Darius said she was insulted by the reference, as she had no choice in choosing a name, saying that was no "jahaji bai" as Brother Marvin once sang, but Jahaji Bash – the title of her 2023 contribution.

The trend continued with Queen Victoria (Victoria Cooper Rahim), dressed in a red one-piece, who referred to the Prime Minister as a “hard working man” congratulating him for the gas deal with Venezuela before delving into her song Good Advice.

full article:
https://newsday.co.tt/2023/01/29/licks- ... ase-opens/
And they expect Indians to support kaiso tents
Don't get me started on indians that all up in carnival.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » February 2nd, 2023, 2:20 pm

heard an All inclusive fete being advertised on radio this morn:

"Tickets start at an affordable $850 for a limited time with VVIP going for $1300"

....lol

The model is not being supported as before...when NGC would buy 100 tickets Carte Blanche at Scalper price .... now is Opz... wah is the budgeted amt? we taking 6.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » February 2nd, 2023, 2:25 pm

timelapse wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:national culture:

22694785-1024x783.jpg
22694999-1024x719.jpg

Licks for UNC as Kaiso Showkase opens

PICONG and political commentary dominated the opening night of Kaiso Showkase calypso tent at Palms Club, San Fernando on Friday night, with the usual bashing for the opposition and praise for the ruling party.

The lone UNC alderman Colin Lezama on the San Fernando City Corporation, sat in silence, with a smile and sometimes a smirk, among his cheering PNM colleagues who raised their hands and applauded as the calypsonians pounded his party and leader.

Dressed in yellow dress and shoes, the UNC’s party colour, Alicia Richards got the most encores for her satire called De Crush, in which she explored the “real relationship” between Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar and former AG Faris Al-Rawi.

There was raucous laughter from the time the diminutive and plump calypsonian hit the stage, telling the story of the "lady from Siparia" who sat opposite Faris when he was AG, always on his case blaming him for every situation in the country.

Richards, intimating she was really masquerading a crush, batted her eye lashes as she sang, “Everything is Faris, Faris, Faris, Ah wonder how Gregory does feel,” – a reference to Persad-Bissessar's husband.

Rolling out new verses as she was called back, she suggested that having “finished with Faris she now attack Foster, he name she began to slander, saying he is a land grabber, madam Siparia crying Foster, Foster, how Gregory does feel,” ending with “Rowley, Rowley, Rowley," – adding government minister Foster Cummings and the Prime Minister to song.

Enjoying multiple encores also was Tameika Darius for stage presence, in costume as an African queen, and a song which dealt with the name-calling spat between government minister Camille Robinson-Regis over Persad-Bissessar’s Indian middle name and Persad-Bissessar's comeback about her "slave" name.

As a woman of African descent, Darius said she was insulted by the reference, as she had no choice in choosing a name, saying that was no "jahaji bai" as Brother Marvin once sang, but Jahaji Bash – the title of her 2023 contribution.

The trend continued with Queen Victoria (Victoria Cooper Rahim), dressed in a red one-piece, who referred to the Prime Minister as a “hard working man” congratulating him for the gas deal with Venezuela before delving into her song Good Advice.

full article:
https://newsday.co.tt/2023/01/29/licks- ... ase-opens/
And they expect Indians to support kaiso tents
Don't get me started on indians that all up in carnival.

why not? the ENTIRE FETE experience now has been redesigned to cater to Indo-trinis more and more....Africans are now mere passengers for the culture...i eh understand yuh outburst..

Look Indians won the African Emancipation Quiz last year..... wah is yuh gripe?

lol..

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » February 2nd, 2023, 2:44 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:
why not? the ENTIRE FETE experience now has been redesigned to cater to Indo-trinis more and more

Just curious....how?

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Monk BANzai » February 2nd, 2023, 2:59 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
Monk BANzai wrote:
why not? the ENTIRE FETE experience now has been redesigned to cater to Indo-trinis more and more

Just curious....how?

Bunji said it well....

The introduction of Groovy Soca...you cannot play power soca at an high teir fete right through....and while im not saying that the High Tier fetes are designed more towards those who have the pocket to pay for it.... Indo-trinidadians/Portuguese/Syrians.... the diaspora of those attending is (while) mixed, a 2/3 towards an Indian/Portuguese bias....

And lemme qualify meh statement eh..cuz allyuh LOVE to quote and then say "BANZI ISSA RACIST"... there is a strata of society who goes to banks to take loans to party eh...and those ppl aint Indians.

Its an elephant most of Trinidad doh want to admit (like when Anthony Bourdain came to trini and who allyuh does call "Juan P. Sants" ergo 1%ers said what they said about themselves and how the rest of society views them, which they knew and had zero issues with) that in many cases, outside of Comps...the cost to part at that level is for Upper MIddle to Upper class. And its more Indians/Portuguese/Syrians in that bracket.

Hence my previous post. In fact. its gotten so bad this year that, in an effort to save face, promoters are GIVING AWAY acces to influencers et al to keep the illusion alive.

Scalpers Association of Trinidad right now Vex AF cuz parties like Bacchanal Road not picking up the way they want it.

Who doh wanna see eh go see...Ah lie?

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » February 2nd, 2023, 3:02 pm

Those aren't real Indo trinis.

Those are things trying to curry favor with a crowd that will never like them

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 2nd, 2023, 3:05 pm

matr1x wrote:Those aren't real Indo trinis.

Waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 2nd, 2023, 3:43 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
Monk BANzai wrote:

Just curious....how?

Bunji said it well....

The introduction of Groovy Soca...you cannot play power soca at an high teir fete right through....and while im not saying that the High Tier fetes are designed more towards those who have the pocket to pay for it.... Indo-trinidadians/Portuguese/Syrians.... the diaspora of those attending is (while) mixed, a 2/3 towards an Indian/Portuguese bias....

And lemme qualify meh statement eh..cuz allyuh LOVE to quote and then say "BANZI ISSA RACIST"... there is a strata of society who goes to banks to take loans to party eh...and those ppl aint Indians.

Its an elephant most of Trinidad doh want to admit (like when Anthony Bourdain came to trini and who allyuh does call "Juan P. Sants" ergo 1%ers said what they said about themselves and how the rest of society views them, which they knew and had zero issues with) that in many cases, outside of Comps...the cost to part at that level is for Upper MIddle to Upper class. And its more Indians/Portuguese/Syrians in that bracket.

Hence my previous post. In fact. its gotten so bad this year that, in an effort to save face, promoters are GIVING AWAY acces to influencers et al to keep the illusion alive.

Scalpers Association of Trinidad right now Vex AF cuz parties like Bacchanal Road not picking up the way they want it.

This is generally true, but they have rel indo trinis who does get on bad in some fetes. Soaka was the last.

But I stop going all-inclusive long time now, too much standup and non-participation. When I fete I want to fete hard.

Got to say them venes more than enjoying the fetes now, great to see

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » February 2nd, 2023, 4:19 pm

How yuh does curry favor with a crowd where you are the majority?...HOW!!!

So yuh saying dey eh like deyself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » February 2nd, 2023, 4:57 pm

Less talk more pics

matr1x

Postby matr1x » February 2nd, 2023, 6:13 pm

Cantmis wrote:Less talk more pics

And good pics. Last set was weak sauce

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 2nd, 2023, 6:34 pm

bodow

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 3rd, 2023, 11:27 am

Monk BANzai wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
Monk BANzai wrote:

Just curious....how?

Bunji said it well....

Is groovy for indians alone tho? Listen to any Rasika Dindial or Suresh Maraj - Pumping In The Sand , and you'll see how high energy that subgenre of chutney it is

I'd say its more young vs old. Older people just generally prefer a groovy song over a wine and jam young people vibes.
And it just so happens that older people tend to have money for fetes now that prices are going up

At one point in time, Calypso was a higher BPM than Soca, which was the young people version of calypso at the time.
Then all the OG calypso artists started getting old so they had to slow down the tempo to be able perform sustainably.

As much as I love to point out the differences between races, I think this is the real answer here. Young Vs Old.

Deadric
Street 2NR

Postby Deadric » February 3rd, 2023, 11:30 am

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 3rd, 2023, 11:34 am

We cannot use Trinis and Rules in the same sentence.

An utterly IRresponsible population.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » February 5th, 2023, 8:26 pm

Even this is a thread about race? Y’all really sick
Tuner really populated by people who don’t get out much

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 5th, 2023, 9:20 pm

general observation, the most racial people tend to accuse everybody else of making everything about race... see cro cro, or keith, or

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 5th, 2023, 11:08 pm

Came into this thread expecting to buss up meh eye....leaves disappointed...

Banzai u still have time to return this thread like before...ijs

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 6th, 2023, 7:00 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Came into this thread expecting to buss up meh eye....leaves disappointed...

Banzai u still have time to return this thread like before...ijs
The monk is now a Top G.
Unaffected by images of Haram thots.
Stay locked in King Banzai.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 6th, 2023, 12:17 pm

from fb ... :|

Errol Fabien
6 h ·

Well as I live and breathe. A promoter who engaged me to host a calypso show weekend gone, said to me "No anti PNM jokes eh" Yuh hear what I saying..... The man was as serious as a heart attack. I refuse to name the promoter because I concider him a friend and the issue is not him. The issue is that it is okay for him to dare to say what he said. He is embolden by the little people in this administration who will withhold his hand out if they come to the show and feel offended.... and whilst it is his money he is spending and he has the right to demand what he is paying for, why call me? I am who I am. I have hosted Calypso shows since 1985....I have hosted them throughout the English speaking world. A calypso show is where, between the Calypsonians and the MC, we deal with all societal goings on, If it becomes a pro PNM charade then it is not of the people. It is of the few. Calypso is of the people. I need the work, but I need my manhood more. I did not do the show.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 6th, 2023, 3:39 pm

Rovin wrote:from fb ... :|

Errol Fabien
6 h ·

Well as I live and breathe. A promoter who engaged me to host a calypso show weekend gone, said to me "No anti PNM jokes eh" Yuh hear what I saying..... The man was as serious as a heart attack. I refuse to name the promoter because I concider him a friend and the issue is not him. The issue is that it is okay for him to dare to say what he said. He is embolden by the little people in this administration who will withhold his hand out if they come to the show and feel offended.... and whilst it is his money he is spending and he has the right to demand what he is paying for, why call me? I am who I am. I have hosted Calypso shows since 1985....I have hosted them throughout the English speaking world. A calypso show is where, between the Calypsonians and the MC, we deal with all societal goings on, If it becomes a pro PNM charade then it is not of the people. It is of the few. Calypso is of the people. I need the work, but I need my manhood more. I did not do the show.

They were vex when Lady Gypsy said the same thing about Kaiso House last week and said she was lying.

But Cro Cro could continue singing his racist shrite about Kamla and one group of people (and I am not any UNC or PNM supporter).

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 6th, 2023, 6:42 pm

Rovin wrote:from fb ... :|

Errol Fabien
6 h ·

Tell me you're under a dictatorship without telling me that you're under a dictatorship.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 6th, 2023, 7:06 pm

:| :| :|

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=60 ... 0713729531

A TRIBUTE TO CRO CRO

by Phillip Edward Alexander

He cyah sing he cyah rhyme and he doh even know how to keep time.

If he didn’t have a race card to play he might have had to thief a song and mime

When he tiptoe to look in a mirror he must be shame of what he see

That is why he has to use the culture to insult everybody

Using calypso to attack Indian people every chance he get

But if Indian people do what he doing he and the whole PNM would fret

TUCO should have taken away his calypso license from the first racist song he bleat

But because they didn’t calypso tent and monarch bussing with calypsonians singing to empty seats

You could call that culture until the cows come home

But if those same people taxes he always insulting weren’t funding CEPEP he living on the road

Here every creed and race supposed to find an equal place or so the anthem say

So how does calypso racism as indoctrination get to have radio and TV air play

All of my life I have wondered how this overt racism disguised as culture was ever accepted

And what was keeping Indian people from answering him in the same racist perspective

But perhaps they know it’s not worth the stink and to rise above the fray

And do like what Eric tell them every time he attack them and just let the diminutive, uneducated, hand out dependent jackass bray.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 6th, 2023, 7:19 pm

he’s right
chirren will listen to these things and just follow suit

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » February 6th, 2023, 7:40 pm

pugboy wrote:he’s right
chirren will listen to these things and just follow suit
PNM children will listen, it's the hate these tents push funded by PNM.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 6th, 2023, 8:34 pm

i hear a man playing out "Jahaji Bash" on the street. Chit really is an awful song.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 7th, 2023, 9:29 am

I love that society is reverting to srs discussions while discarding pictures of floozies, hussies, sloots and the like

Thread is going good.

This is how it was in the times of greek/roman scholars.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 7th, 2023, 10:15 am

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » February 7th, 2023, 10:27 am

Dohplaydat wrote:https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoQodyvAtZq/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
No more plants lol !

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » February 7th, 2023, 11:10 am

It seems, that nobody wants to post pics,
Attachments
2049E75A-3031-4A0F-87D9-2E1FDC490D1B.jpeg
554C3985-D4FC-4503-ADC4-A9C3688DB83F.jpeg
2C9CE75C-6E73-4C51-9CD6-570CBB2572E0.jpeg
E9AB7C12-E746-4AFD-84A0-9DEBA7458033.jpeg
56746945-43CF-40AF-9D66-A26763FFE99C.jpeg