TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Which banks still offering Visa debit cards to use online?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

equal2zero
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Which banks still offering Visa debit cards to use online?

Postby equal2zero » January 18th, 2023, 3:54 pm

RBC visa debit limit is actually US$50 per day not per month...with a TT$50 charge for each transaction....based on what a rep told me today. $50 per day might be sufficient for me but the 50 TT charge is way too ridiculous

Did anyone get through with JMMB? How long does it take to open an account? US$200 per month is good enough for my needs...just to pay some subscriptions

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » January 18th, 2023, 4:29 pm

equal2zero wrote:RBC visa debit limit is actually US$50 per day not per month...with a TT$50 charge for each transaction....based on what a rep told me today. $50 per day might be sufficient for me but the 50 TT charge is way too ridiculous

Did anyone get through with JMMB? How long does it take to open an account? US$200 per month is good enough for my needs...just to pay some subscriptions
I used my RBC card once to make a US purchase (just to see if it really worked) and did not pay this $50TT fee you mention. I think you need to double check that info.

equal2zero
3NE 2NR for life

Postby equal2zero » January 18th, 2023, 5:02 pm

Not sure...that is info received from a rep when I asked earlier today

Will try it myself and see

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » January 18th, 2023, 6:24 pm

equal2zero wrote:RBC visa debit limit is actually US$50 per day not per month...with a TT$50 charge for each transaction....based on what a rep told me today. $50 per day might be sufficient for me but the 50 TT charge is way too ridiculous

I have one of the Gold ones from JMMB that offers 250 USD per month, all you need to do is fill out the form and submit it and deposit your money and you get through same day. I use it all the time in Brazil for incidental stuff and to use up my TTD that is not really doing much but sitting idle. There's a 3.50 TTD charge per transaction and no ATM withdrawal but online and tap to pay works.

equal2zero
3NE 2NR for life

Postby equal2zero » January 23rd, 2023, 9:46 pm

killercow wrote:

I used my RBC card once to make a US purchase (just to see if it really worked) and did not pay this $50TT fee you mention. I think you need to double check that info.

Confirmed $50TT charge per transaction. Paid US$8.99 Netflix subscription and the charge on my statement was $110.22 (8.99 * 6.70) + $50

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 23rd, 2023, 10:47 pm

^ that charge is ridiculous if it's every transaction. They giving you a card and doh want you to use it!

They should charge by percentage instead. Imagine u pay a small online fee for something like $2 or $5 and paying more for the charge. Or multiple subscriptions every month.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » January 24th, 2023, 9:10 am

equal2zero wrote:
killercow wrote:

Confirmed $50TT charge per transaction. Paid US$8.99 Netflix subscription and the charge on my statement was $110.22 (8.99 * 6.70) + $50

That's highway robbery. JMMB's fee is only 3.50 TTD.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2023, 9:44 am

Lol

Just take out a very small fully secure credit card....

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » January 24th, 2023, 11:30 am

Yep RBC $50USD per day everyday, and it's a 1% transaction charge not $50TT across the board,they simply cannot do that as it would be contrary to central bank compliance guidelines.for such transactions .

It's actually similar to JMMB when you do the math don't know where some people getting that $50 charge thing from.

equal2zero
3NE 2NR for life

Postby equal2zero » January 24th, 2023, 12:01 pm

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 11.50.15 AM.png

If it is 1% of the transaction value then there is no way an 8.99US transaction costs me $110.22....its definitely a $50 charge unless I am missing something

equal2zero
3NE 2NR for life

Postby equal2zero » January 24th, 2023, 12:06 pm

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/caribbean/t ... harges.pdf

See here as well

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (54.15 KiB) Viewed 1063 times

Would be interesting to see the Central bank guidelines you mentioned...

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » January 24th, 2023, 12:42 pm

equal2zero wrote:http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/caribbean/tt/document/Schedule-of-Fees-and-Service-Charges.pdf

See here as well

Capture.PNG

Meanwhile this is what a JMMB international transaction looks like. Looks like it's 4 TTD in total apart from what you actually spend. Unironically bought some KFC to try it. Somewhat disappointing. Trini really has the best KFC in the World.

IMG_20230124_132439.jpg

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » January 24th, 2023, 12:44 pm

Well if you got that from the source you gotta be right , but don't see those charges on my statement when I let my son use my card to buy game codes .

Dunno if it's a different tate for business chequing accounts as mine .

equal2zero wrote:http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/caribbean/tt/document/Schedule-of-Fees-and-Service-Charges.pdf

See here as well

Capture.PNG

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » January 24th, 2023, 12:54 pm

VII wrote:Well if you got that from the source you gotta be right , but don't see those charges on my statement when I let my son use my card to buy game codes .

See here as well

Capture.PNG

Is it associated with a RBC US Denominated account? Apparently they have a separate type of debit card for those accounts that have free international transactions.

IMG_20230124_135148.jpg

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2023, 1:48 pm

VII wrote:Well if you got that from the source you gotta be right , but don't see those charges on my statement when I let my son use my card to buy game codes .

See here as well

Capture.PNG

They are talking about visa debit cards. I'm sure you have a regular credit card

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » January 24th, 2023, 6:27 pm

See here as well

Capture.PNG

banks screwing over the population in new and innovate ways and we does just have to pray they do not alter the deal further

$50 transaction fee to use your visa card abroad, lol. what really costing them $50, or is it a case of pure price gouging by the banks

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » January 24th, 2023, 6:29 pm

paid_influencer wrote:

See here as well

Capture.PNG

banks screwing over the population in new and innovate ways and we does just have to pray they do not alter the deal further

$50 transaction fee to use your visa card abroad, lol. what really costing them $50, or is it a case of pure price gouging by the banks

I know that line sounds familiar, I think I heard it in a movie before.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 26th, 2023, 7:44 am

paid_influencer wrote:

See here as well

Capture.PNG

Or you can just apply for a VISA credit card. Earlier post said to get a secured card.

Who's traveling the world and buying a magazine with a debit card anyway?

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » January 26th, 2023, 10:06 am

8-) have to look into theb fine details of all ..but I know the usd visa debit has minimum charges..it's your usd after all..

See here as well

Capture.PNG

Last edited by VII on January 26th, 2023, 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » January 26th, 2023, 10:10 am

Yeah, but over the years my best visa card experience has been Intercommerical/JMMB visa debit gold, any amount you had in your account you coulda swipe for...from tens to hundreds of thousands to millions..those were the days..but yeah credit cards are the only viable option with the restrictions now..

Phone Surgeon wrote:

See here as well

Capture.PNG

They are talking about visa debit cards. I'm sure you have a regular credit card

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » January 26th, 2023, 10:20 am

Did serious travel and shopping with that visa debit, only limited to your balance.,just different times now with the restrictions.. hopefully the dragon field gas deal prospect will help to loosen things up a bit going forward.

adnj wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

See here as well

Capture.PNG

Or you can just apply for a VISA credit card. Earlier post said to get a secured card.

Who's traveling the world and buying a magazine with a debit card anyway?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 26th, 2023, 12:37 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Lol

Just take out a very small fully secure credit card....

This is a most interesting idea.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 13th, 2023, 6:18 am

these visa debit cards from JMMB and other banks

what are they really?

i now watching on my point of sale machine log that they charging commission based on credit card ($45 on a $1700 transaction)
rather than 50 cents as is usual with a linx transaction

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 13th, 2023, 7:19 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:these visa debit cards from JMMB and other banks

what are they really?

i now watching on my point of sale machine log that they charging commission based on credit card ($45 on a $1700 transaction)
rather than 50 cents as is usual with a linx transaction

Visa and MasterCard charge fees for vendors to use their platform

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 13th, 2023, 8:14 am

Yea...I know...but all the visa debit cards are what replacing the linx cards right.

So this mean there's no longer any 50 cent fees for linx transactions for the merchants? Everyone who come with Visa debit card means its 2.5 to 4% fees?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 13th, 2023, 8:29 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Yea...I know...but all the visa debit cards are what replacing the linx cards right.

So this mean there's no longer any 50 cent fees for linx transactions for the merchants? Everyone who come with Visa debit card means its 2.5 to 4% fees?
Scotiabank and RBC VISA debit cards in TT$ are on the LINX network.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”