Forums

Sciatica Pain *Dont post if you dont know*

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Sciatica Pain *Dont post if you dont know*

Postby Chimera » December 24th, 2022, 2:53 pm

i eh mind trying the herb but i dont like smoking on the whole...

so it wud have to be in CBD form or oil or something

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » December 24th, 2022, 3:31 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:i eh mind trying the herb but i dont like smoking on the whole...

Did you ever get an MRI on your spine?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » December 24th, 2022, 3:50 pm

Is there a certain age range for getting these types of issues? What are the age range of you all who have gotten this issue?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 24th, 2022, 3:54 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:i eh mind trying the herb but i dont like smoking on the whole...

What you would need is full spectrum.CBD alone wouldn't cut it.Unless you getting drug tested at work, there are many options for herb .Herb butter makes a lot of things possible.I have no patience with all that,so I smoke straight joints or chillum.No roll on cigarette nonsense.Cigarettes have all sorts of harmful stuff in them.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 24th, 2022, 4:01 pm

AlphaMan wrote:

Did you ever get an MRI on your spine?

yeah i did, at 14 years

i got diagnosed with fibromyalgia at that age

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 24th, 2022, 4:41 pm

DMan7 wrote:Is there a certain age range for getting these types of issues? What are the age range of you all who have gotten this issue?

Sciatica can present in anyone, at any age bro.
It's usually initially brought on by an injury that would often cause a person to favor one side more than the other, most times without even realizing it, and can take a long time before it reaches the extent to cause pain. By that point, the sufferer is well into their 30s and over. But sometimes it can also sometimes be caused by a congenital skeletal abnormality. Ever heard people talk about hip short? That's when a congenital deformity of the hip or femur causes one hip/femur to be shorter than the other. Ppl with that condition usually develop sciatic pain, often sooner than later

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » December 24th, 2022, 7:37 pm

88sins wrote:
DMan7 wrote:Is there a certain age range for getting these types of issues? What are the age range of you all who have gotten this issue?

Sciatica can present in anyone, at any age bro.
It's usually initially brought on by an injury that would often cause a person to favor one side more than the other, most times without even realizing it, and can take a long time before it reaches the extent to cause pain. By that point, the sufferer is well into their 30s and over. But sometimes it can also sometimes be caused by a congenital skeletal abnormality. Ever heard people talk about hip short? That's when a congenital deformity of the hip or femur causes one hip/femur to be shorter than the other. Ppl with that condition usually develop sciatic pain, often sooner than later

Whatever the cause, its the realest pain Ive ever felt....Totally unbelievable :shock:

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 24th, 2022, 8:31 pm

Not to harass you in any way, but what is your general health condition before the pain? Are you a heavy guy ? Physically active? Drive a lot etc?
Not trying to show a cause,but rather how it can affect anybody.
I used to have terrible sciatica pains growing up.It stemmed from scoliosis at an early age and improper neck support as a baby.I was skinny af in those days.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 24th, 2022, 8:50 pm

timelapse wrote:Not to harass you in any way, but what is your general health condition before the pain? Are you a heavy guy ? Physically active? Drive a lot etc?
I used to have terrible sciatica pains growing up.It stemmed from scoliosis at an early age and improper neck support as a baby.I was skinny af in those days.
What you used for this? One of my friends mentioned she has this. I never heard of it before until she mentioned it.

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » December 25th, 2022, 1:56 pm

Anyone used cbd oil , and results

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 25th, 2022, 2:11 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
timelapse wrote:Not to harass you in any way, but what is your general health condition before the pain? Are you a heavy guy ? Physically active? Drive a lot etc?
What you used for this? One of my friends mentioned she has this. I never heard of it before until she mentioned it.
Scoliosis is a never ending battle with me.

Here's what works for me: Staying physically active.Walking, swimming, hiking,the body will compensate by building muscle to stabilize itself.I also try not to be over weight.Once I cross 165 lbs, my hip,left knee and left ankle start to misbehave.When I get pains,I stretch.

IMHO, don't baby up these kinds of issues, unless is a situation where you can injure yourself further.Deal with them as soon as you can, because they get worse over time as it will cause muscle and skeletal degradation.

Cbd oil will give some relief.Full spectrum cannabis oil will help even more.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » January 10th, 2023, 8:16 pm

Is it possible to exercise yourself out of sciatica pain or will that only make it worse?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 10th, 2023, 8:30 pm

AlphaMan wrote:Is it possible to exercise yourself out of sciatica pain or will that only make it worse?
It is, depending on what is the cause

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 10th, 2023, 8:35 pm

try non impact stuff like riding a bike or aqua aerobics

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » January 10th, 2023, 9:07 pm

pugboy wrote:try non impact stuff like riding a bike or aqua aerobics

Bike riding transmit impacts/vibration/shock directly to the pelvis and tailbone/L5-S1 disc + lower lumber area....so I'm not sure it's considered "low impact" - experts can correct.

Assuming the above is true, then it's probably not the best idea if someone has a definitive case of sciatica, or sciatic/femoral nerve impingement of some sort. Fixed exercise biking might be the answer.

As before, OP needs to let a doctor + physio advise him/her on do's and don'ts.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 10th, 2023, 9:10 pm

do you know if your issues are disc issues or issues of disc out of line and impinging on nerve ?
riding on smooth roads is much less impact
or as you say exercise bike

Alpha_2nr wrote:

Bike riding transmit impacts/vibration/shock directly to the pelvis and tailbone/L5-S1 disc + lower lumber area....so I'm not sure it's considered "low impact" - experts can correct.

Assuming the above is true, then it's probably not the best idea if someone has a definitive case of sciatica, or sciatic/femoral nerve impingement of some sort. Fixed exercise biking might be the answer.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 11th, 2023, 8:59 am

Alpha_2nr wrote:

Spin bike wud be better . Cuz even the softest suspension bike can have lots of vibrations. And well you risk falling and making it worse.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » January 11th, 2023, 10:09 am

Breds, it could hit yuh at 16-26,36,46, 56 or yuh might go through life with a healthy back and never have anything but a little sprain now and then.
If you have a strong back and have never had a problem thank your maker.... :)

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » January 12th, 2023, 12:58 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:

Breds, it could hit yuh at 16-26,36,46, 56 or yuh might go through life with a healthy back and never have anything but a little sprain now and then.
If you have a strong back and have never had a problem thank your maker.... :)

Lifestyle, health, posture, genetics all play a part. Additionally, as we age, intervertebral discs themselves tend to "degenerate" or, at least, lose some water content and a little height, leading to an increased likelihood of pain.

Trouble is that most don't take it seriously until pain is chronic.....

......at which point, an injury is most likely existing.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 12th, 2023, 7:19 pm

All I go say is this

Yuu see yuh bed? And yuh natural prefered sleeping position?

These two things are quite often major and unrecognized contributors to lower back pain and discomfort. Many people don't know it or think about it, but sleeping on your stomach with high pillows under your head is very common cause of lower back pain.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 12th, 2023, 7:56 pm

you hit the nail on the head there for sure

I changed my bed frame and mattress 2 years ago, over the year i started getting new type of back pains and progressively worse
by mid year I would be waking in the night to turn because of the pain.
the next year I changed mattress and pains automatically went away

I am a stomach sleeper and firm mattress is the worst, it Roosters your lower back and strains the natural curve of the lower back.

88sins wrote:All I go say is this

These two things are quite often major and unrecognized contributors to lower back pain and discomfort. Many people don't know it or think about it, but sleeping on your stomach with high pillows under your head is very common cause of lower back pain.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » January 12th, 2023, 9:06 pm

pugboy wrote:you hit the nail on the head there for sure

I changed my bed frame and mattress 2 years ago, over the year i started getting new type of back pains and progressively worse
by mid year I would be waking in the night to turn because of the pain.
the next year I changed mattress and pains automatically went away

I am a stomach sleeper and firm mattress is the worst, it Roosters your lower back and strains the natural curve of the lower back.

88sins wrote:All I go say is this

What type of mattress and bed frame do you recommend? I may need to change mines.
A picture might be nice if its not to personal.
PM me if its to personal to post here.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 12th, 2023, 9:54 pm

I made my be frame out of 2x2 rhs steel, very simple and it has 3" wood slats across which the mattress rests on.

The mattress which give me trouble first was a foam lensyl which was too soft, so I changed it to another lensyl and it was too firm
so I eventually changed to a sealy with springs which is what is working best so far.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 12th, 2023, 10:01 pm

Try a memory foam mattress cover if you have a high density mattress. It should mould to the curve of the back. I recently switched from Serta spring to a Lensyl High density foam and I'm finding it much better for me, better support, better sleep, even easier to get up off the bed. I use a memory foam pillow though. Hope lower back problems don't develop like how you're describing.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » February 2nd, 2023, 12:14 pm

UPDATE:
I went to Physiotherapy yesterday at the SFHS.
The lady there was an obvious hog and didnt care about my pain levels...she made me do all sorts of exotic stretches without consideration to my pain levels while she was on the cell phone messaging away.
Im in more pain now more than ever.
My leg is always stiff.
Can I really stretch my way out of this? I want to get this over with ASAP.

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » February 2nd, 2023, 12:24 pm

AlphaMan wrote:UPDATE:
The lady there was an obvious hog and didnt care about my pain levels...she made me do all sorts of exotic stretches without consideration to my pain levels while she was on the cell phone messaging away.
My leg is always stiff.

Have you had an assessment and or imaging to determine what is the cause of your pain? Or to ascertain any stenosis or anything impacting your nerves or spinal cord/cauda equina?

Stretches can make things worse, depending on the cause of the pain (e.g. you may be flexion compromised due to a posterior disc bulge, or you may have mild scoliosis resulting in stress to one area of the lumbar region).

Until you have an MRI or CT Scan and a proper assessment, it may take alot of guess work and risk of further injury until you find what works.

An Xray will not show soft intervetebral tissue or nerves.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » February 2nd, 2023, 12:27 pm

Alpha_2nr wrote:
My leg is always stiff.

Have you had an assessment and or imaging to determine what is the cause of your pain? Or to ascertain any stenosis or anything impacting your nerves or spinal cord?

Stretches can make things worse, depending on the cause of the pain (e.g. you may be flexion compromised due to a posterior disc bulge, or you may have mild scoliosis resulting in stress to one area of the lumbar region).

Until you have an MRI or CT Scan and a proper assessment, it may take alot of guess work and risk of further injury until you find what works.

X1000

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 2nd, 2023, 4:24 pm

i started getting morning sciatica on one leg, I stopped using a pillow to sleep and find it has help noticeably

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » February 2nd, 2023, 8:06 pm

Alpha_2nr wrote:
My leg is always stiff.

Have you had an assessment and or imaging to determine what is the cause of your pain? Or to ascertain any stenosis or anything impacting your nerves or spinal cord/cauda equina?

Im trying to go through the public health care system to get diagnosed because private is way too expensive and I simply cant work with this pain.
Everything is so slow.....This pain is unbearable...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 2nd, 2023, 8:07 pm

don’t go a popular hospital like pos
go grande

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”