TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 191

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Official Venezuelans in T&T Thread

Postby MaxPower » November 24th, 2022, 8:32 am

Happy Thanksgiving.

Sent on behalf of the Venezuelan community.

Another day to celebrate appreciation and togetherness.

Cheers

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » November 24th, 2022, 9:43 am

Still no pics of vene !

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 24th, 2022, 10:55 am

Cantmis wrote:Still no pics of vene !

Cant,

Pics for what bro?

Venes are in a heartwarming abundance across T&T.

Feel free to meet and greet.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » November 24th, 2022, 12:31 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » November 24th, 2022, 1:11 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy turkey day supers. What the butler cooking for later?

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » November 24th, 2022, 5:38 pm

We are finally being heard!!! 8-)

Barry Shiva Padarath

OPPOSITION DOUBLES DOWN ON THEIR CALL FOR MIGRANT CHILDREN TO BE INTEGRATED INTO SCHOOLS

316807209_696539445162895_7274695680878931758_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/barrypadarath. ... town/posts

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 24th, 2022, 6:06 pm

paid_influencer wrote:We are finally being heard!!! 8-)

Barry Shiva Padarath

OPPOSITION DOUBLES DOWN ON THEIR CALL FOR MIGRANT CHILDREN TO BE INTEGRATED INTO SCHOOLS

316807209_696539445162895_7274695680878931758_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/barrypadarath. ... town/posts

paid,

Thank you for posting this.

What great news this is for our Thanksgiving celebrations. This really brings our Trinidadian and Venezuelan brothers and sisters together.

Our children are our future.

The xenophobia must stop.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 24th, 2022, 8:23 pm

UNC can ask for the moon if they want. They eh go get it.

Again, the questions remain.

Who paying for it? And by it, I mean the extra teachers, buildings, desks, books, school feeding, etc and so on that's going to be needed to make this happen.

Put them in a school where? Is already problematic for many Trini parents in some areas.

Who trini child you willing to bump for a vene to get a spot in a school? Yours? Your nieces and nephews? Your neighbors?
And are you people that are who so enthusiastic about it willing to be the ones that go face to face and tell the parents of the displaced child that the vene deserves the spot more?

They want their kids to go to school? No problem. Let them contribute in the form of taxes, and then there will be money to pay for it.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 24th, 2022, 8:34 pm

we discussed that and at this point who want to listen will hear

the costs of NOT educating these youth will be higher in the long run. we talking about teaching them ABC, 123 and how to be a good member of the society. if you rather they be illiterate, grow up on the street, and be cared for by gang leaders, that is your choice but the rest of us don't want to live in a country like that. the same thing happened when the PNM brought immigrants from the islands and denied them educations -- look where we reach now and you want the same thing to happen again.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 25th, 2022, 10:36 am

paid_influencer wrote:we discussed that and at this point who want to listen will hear

the costs of NOT educating these youth will be higher in the long run. we talking about teaching them ABC, 123 and how to be a good member of the society. if you rather they be illiterate, grow up on the street, and be cared for by gang leaders, that is your choice but the rest of us don't want to live in a country like that. the same thing happened when the PNM brought immigrants from the islands and denied them educations -- look where we reach now and you want the same thing to happen again.

Good
Now explain why Venezuelans even tho they received an education there in Venezuela turned out to be some of the most corrupt violent lazy people there and here.

Easiest solution-deport all the illegals and their children.
That way, taxpayers don't have to foot the bill to educate them, nor would we have to worry about them becoming criminal non-productive members of society.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 25th, 2022, 12:43 pm

88sins wrote:Again, the questions remain.

Who paying for it?

The same people who didn’t have a choice when the Gov’t increased prices/taxes.

In other words 8……you.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 25th, 2022, 1:37 pm

Ok max, here's what.
The wife tell me recently, I should still try to educate the ignorant like I used to before I get fed up and say let them remain mindless twits. So with that, today i will attempt to get you to open your mind and MAYBE learn something.

But first, we need to establish a baseline of what's your intellectual capacity and possible degre of intelligence. So with that said, answer the following question. Bear in mind, there's no wrong answer, but there's only one true answer.
You ready? Ok, here's the question.

What is the actual stupidest question a person could ever have?

Remember, there's no wrong answer.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 26th, 2022, 1:19 am

paid_influencer wrote:we discussed that and at this point who want to listen will hear

the costs of [b]NOT educating these youth will be higher in the long run.[/b] we talking about teaching them ABC, 123 and how to be a good member of the society. if you rather they be illiterate, grow up on the street, and be cared for by gang leaders, that is your choice but the rest of us don't want to live in a country like that. the same thing happened when the PNM brought immigrants from the islands and denied them educations -- look where we reach now and you want the same thing to happen again.

You seem to have a different sense of "costs" The "costs" of packing their illegal arses back to Venezuela seems miniscule compared to educating them and their freeloading selves

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 26th, 2022, 8:30 am

What you trying to do to the boy? Give him a stroke?
d poor boy can't even answer the question I asked him even though I tell him that there's no wrong answer. So you asking him to give a definition of xenophobia with his extremely limited intelligence and his even more limited vocabulary that is what gonna happen.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 26th, 2022, 10:39 am

88sins wrote:Ok max, here's what.
The wife tell me recently, I should still try to educate the ignorant like I used to before I get fed up and say let them remain mindless twits. So with that, today i will attempt to get you to open your mind and MAYBE learn something.

But first, we need to establish a baseline of what's your intellectual capacity and possible degre of intelligence. So with that said, answer the following question. Bear in mind, there's no wrong answer, but there's only one true answer.
You ready? Ok, here's the question.

What is the actual stupidest question a person could ever have?

Remember, there's no wrong answer.

Unfortunately your reply is not practical and off topic. Many posts have shown your inability to understand basic english language where i have corrected you many times. I notice you hide this by topic changing and lengthy rants, but that’s fine, many people try hard to act smart but i made you out long time man.

So back on topic, what are you prepared to do when the Govt makes you pay for migrant children’s education?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 26th, 2022, 3:25 pm

De Dragon wrote:

the costs of [b]NOT educating these youth will be higher in the long run.[/b] we talking about teaching them ABC, 123 and how to be a good member of the society. if you rather they be illiterate, grow up on the street, and be cared for by gang leaders, that is your choice but the rest of us don't want to live in a country like that. the same thing happened when the PNM brought immigrants from the islands and denied them educations -- look where we reach now and you want the same thing to happen again.

You seem to have a different sense of "costs" The "costs" of packing their illegal arses back to Venezuela seems miniscule compared to educating them and their freeloading selves

I have always said we should control the border and deport persons in accordance with due process at our island's immigration department.

My point is that, as long as a child is physically in our jurisdiction, we have the duty to provide them an education at least up to primary school level, under the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.

Keep in mind there any many persons here who are also registered with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) as bona fide refugees and we are obligated to them under the UN conventions that we are signatory.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 26th, 2022, 3:37 pm

weareallhuman.jpg

A person cannot be illegal. While certain actions may be criminal, or illegal, people cannot be illegal. Although, in the US, it is a federal crime to enter the country without inspection, it is not a crime to be present within the country without authorization.[2] Thus, a person living in the US without status, or without a valid visa, is not committing a crime.

Referring to other people as illegal is grammatically incorrect. Otto Santa Ana, a linguist and professor in UCLA’s Department of Chicana/o Studies explains “’[w]e don’t call pedestrians who cross in the middle of the street illegal pedestrians’… ‘A kid who skips school to go to Disneyland is not an illegal student. And yet that’s a sort of parallel.’”[3] There are many linguists who argue against using the phrase “illegal immigrant” because it is neither “‘accurate nor neutral’” and other people who break laws are not referred to as “illegal.”[4] Such language is dehumanizing and used to make it easier to justify harmful and dangerous policies against a group of people. The phrase “illegal immigrant” was not popularly used until World War II when it was used to describe Jewish refugees who fled to Palestine without authorization.[5] Elie Wiesel, a Nobel Peace Prize winner and Holocaust survivor, once said, “know that no human being is illegal. That is a contradiction in terms. Human beings can be beautiful or more beautiful, they can be fat or skinny, they can be right or wrong, but illegal? How can a human being be illegal?”[6]

Although a migrant may have committed a crime in entering the US without inspection or authorization, “illegal alien” is not the proper way to describe them because “illegal alien” was not a legal term until it was used by the Court in Arizona v. United States.[7] In the Immigration and Nationality Act, an “alien” is someone who is neither a citizen nor a national of the United States.[8] The phrase “illegal alien” is not terminology used in the Act. In 2018, only months ago, the Justice Department instructed US attorney offices to refer to undocumented immigrants as “illegal aliens.”[9] The phrase has been popularized in the US to describe both documented and undocumented immigrants due to a misconception that undocumented immigrants, by virtue of existing, violate criminal law. Again, being present in the United States without a valid visa is not a violation of criminal law. Immigration attorney Shahid Haque-Hausrath writes:

the term [illegal alien] is imprecise and is used to encompass individuals who are in the United States under vastly different circumstances. Some individuals are brought here against their will, such as victims of human trafficking. Others come here on valid visas but subsequently fall out of status. For instance, many victims of domestic violence have legal status that depends on the continued sponsorship of their abuser. Some individuals are here under ‘temporary protected status’ because of strife in their home country, but fall out of status when our government removes their protected status. To blanket all immigrants who are out of status as being ‘illegals’ is overly simplistic.[10]

Furthermore, Haque-Hausrath explains, the phrase “illegal alien” is used to “dehumanize immigrants and divorce [us] from thinking of them as human beings. For some reason, this may serve as a defense mechanism to avoid feeling sympathy for undocumented immigrants, many of whom are separated from their children or loved ones when they are deported.”[11] Additionally, a person does not need to demand sympathy in order to be recognized as a human being and to be allowed to exist.

https://lawblogs.uc.edu/ihrlr/2019/05/2 ... s-illegal/

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 26th, 2022, 3:40 pm

Max, it's not a crime to be illiterate and uneducated and unintelligent. So you can rest assured in the knowledge that you will not be incarcerated or face deportation because you choose to remain that way.
But just because it's not a crime, that doesn't mean that it's ok that you choose remain illoterate, uneducated and unintelligent. You're actually robbing yourself of the opportunity to become an educated intelligent rational productive member of Trinbagonian society. But is your choice.

As per your query regarding what I am prepared to do in the unlikely event that taxpayers resources be used to the benefit of your beloved tapeworms, I personally have a few very effective options that I can exercise that won't disclose here, options that will guarantee that not one rotten cent of my money will be used for that dotishness.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 26th, 2022, 3:57 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

I have always said we should control the border and deport persons in accordance with due process at our island's immigration department.

My point is that, as long as a child is physically in our jurisdiction, we have the duty to provide them an education at least up to primary school level, under the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.

Keep in mind there any many persons here who are also registered with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) as bona fide refugees and we are obligated to them under the UN conventions that we are signatory.

So in your special brand of monkey mathematics, you are saying that Trinbagonians are somehow obligated to provide an education for the illegal immigrant minors, a responsibility that actually belongs to the government of the country that they came from, a government that would NOT show an iota of reciprocity if the roles were reversed. Gtk.

Now, since you're such a strong advocate for a people, and by extension a country, taking on responsibilities that don't belong to them, tell me.

When all your Trinbagonian neighbors children need books, uniforms, transportation to school, shoes, bags, stationery, etc., you does go house to house by ALL your neighbors and demand a list of their children's school needs and just buy them everything on their list with the money coming solely out of your pocket and drop it off for them no questions asked or qualifying criteria required right?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 27th, 2022, 3:07 am

88sins wrote:
As per your query regarding what I am prepared to do in the unlikely event that taxpayers resources be used to the benefit of your beloved tapeworms, I personally have a few very effective options that I can exercise that won't disclose here, options that will guarantee that not one rotten cent of my money will be used for that dotishness.

A fair answer.

Now you see how easy it is to answer a question minus the rant?

But take my advice old sport, stay out of trouble and don’t waste time and energy on things you cannot change. Son, in life there are things you just have to learn to live with and accept.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 27th, 2022, 8:15 am

MaxPower wrote:
88sins wrote:

A fair answer.

Now you see how easy it is to answer a question minus the rant?

But take my advice old sport, stay out of trouble and don’t waste time and energy on things you cannot change. Son, in life there are things you just have to learn to live with and accept.

True, such as your preference that you remain illiterate, ignorant and uneducated.

However, when it comes to certain things in life, things such as poor choices and stupid proposals being made by government officials that will negatively impact the masses and their future generations, to say "you can't change it an just accept it" is NOT an option.

If you truly believe that people should "just accept it", that can be applied to venes as well, and they should go back to Venezuela and "just accept" what happening there.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 27th, 2022, 11:36 pm

88sins wrote:
True, such as your preference that you remain illiterate, ignorant and uneducated.

However, when it comes to certain things in life, things such as poor choices and stupid proposals being made by government officials that will negatively impact the masses and their future generations, to say "you can't change it an just accept it" is NOT an option.

If you truly believe that people should "just accept it", that can be applied to venes as well, and they should go back to Venezuela and "just accept" what happening there.

Your assumption of me being illiterate, ignorant and uneducated is irrelevant and does not change the situation at hand. The Venezuelans are here and they will settle just as the other immigrants did whether you like it or not. You constantly whining is not going to change anything and it’s a waste of energy. I really hope this is all ole talk to you and you do not promote domestic violence as our dear friend, De Dragon.

And, will all due respect, the vast majority of the population is doing exactly what you said which is to “just accept it”. Further more, you don’t have the right to decide if they should go back to Venezuela and “just accept it”. Use your head…they did not “accept it” in Venezuela because of the economic crisis so they came to us for assistance.

You see 88, right now you need numbers. Your own countrymen won’t even stand with you to support your xenophobia. The measly handful of you are too low of a voice and frankly no one really cares. Look around 88. You are only yapping here as life goes on in T&T. Everything i say on this thread is what is happening. You may not agree, but that’s just how it is.

The choice is yours my good man…learn to live or be miserable until you get some comfort which is not guaranteed.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 28th, 2022, 7:43 pm

So what's the issue you have with these venes being deported back from whence they came to "just accept" what their government does?

In any event, as said previously, it easier, cheaper, faster and more beneficial to T&T to simply float them back to their shi+h0le.
As regards the UNC band of drunkards and thieves, can say whatever they want, but that doesn't mean that it's going to happen.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 28th, 2022, 11:29 pm

MaxPower wrote:
88sins wrote:

Your assumption of me being illiterate, ignorant and uneducated is irrelevant and does not change the situation at hand. The Venezuelans are here and they will settle just as the other immigrants did whether you like it or not. You constantly whining is not going to change anything and it’s a waste of energy. I really hope this is all ole talk to you and you do not promote domestic violence as our dear friend, De Dragon.

And, will all due respect, the vast majority of the population is doing exactly what you said which is to “just accept it”. Further more, you don’t have the right to decide if they should go back to Venezuela and “just accept it”. Use your head…they did not “accept it” in Venezuela because of the economic crisis so they came to us for assistance.

You see 88, right now you need numbers. Your own countrymen won’t even stand with you to support your xenophobia. The measly handful of you are too low of a voice and frankly no one really cares. Look around 88. You are only yapping here as life goes on in T&T. Everything i say on this thread is what is happening. You may not agree, but that’s just how it is.

The choice is yours my good man…learn to live or be miserable until you get some comfort which is not guaranteed.

Beating a bobolee like you is considered domestic viloence? :lol:
YOU can accept these illegal leeches as much as you want, but don't feel that the LFD RFD PNM's inaction and corruption, or your fellow blue ballers, on the issue is "acceptance" by the population at large.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 29th, 2022, 1:19 am

88sins wrote:So what's the issue you have with these venes being deported back from whence they came to "just accept" what their government does?

In any event, as said previously, it easier, cheaper, faster and more beneficial to T&T to simply float them back to their shi+h0le.
As regards the UNC band of drunkards and thieves, can say whatever they want, but that doesn't mean that it's going to happen.

deported “back”??

“from” whence??

Ok, so homework. When you get some time and I highly suggest asap, to be grammatically correct, research redundancy which appears to be the difficulty you’re having and while you’re at it, also tautology and oxymorons just for some additional knowledge.

Anyway 8, just pulling your leg a bit. So again, when it comes to an economic crisis, that is not something you can “just accept”. Totally different to Trini “just accepting” them because there is no crisis with their presence.

I can agree that it may be cheaper, faster and beneficial to deport them in some cases, but also beneficial to T&T for them to stay as well…again in some cases.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 29th, 2022, 6:33 am

MaxPower wrote:
88sins wrote:So what's the issue you have with these venes being deported back from whence they came to "just accept" what their government does?

deported “back”??

“from” whence??

Ok, so homework. When you get some time and I highly suggest asap, to be grammatically correct, research redundancy which appears to be the difficulty you’re having and while you’re at it, also tautology and oxymorons just for some additional knowledge.

Anyway 8, just pulling your leg a bit. So again, when it comes to an economic crisis, that is not something you can “just accept”. Totally different to Trini “just accepting” them because there is no crisis with their presence.

I can agree that it may be cheaper, faster and beneficial to deport them in some cases, but also beneficial to T&T for them to stay as well…again in some cases.

Poor mixed up Max

With every idiotic post that you make, you provide the world with more and more evidence that you possess the intelligence, logic and rational thought processes identical to that of a box of handle-less hammers?

But I digress.

As I said before, easier, cheaper and faster to deport them than to facilitate them, since we do not have the necessary resources to facilitate the enrollment of their children in the public education system and it will cost significant financial resources to do so. Additionally, as I said before, UNC can say anything, but can do nothing. So if you want to take their ravings as a proposal that can actually happen, have at it. I know that you will not like these facts, but you disliking them makes them no less true.

If you really believe that you truly want these migrants children to get an education in trinidad, here's my suggestion to you.
There's an organization in trinidad that gets several million USD annually from the UNHCR to provide assistance to these venes, and is very closely connected to several private schools in Port of Spain. Last year alone, one in particular received just over USD $9M to provide
them with aid. You and your beloved tapeworms should lobby them to spend some of the money they get to be put towards educating these children, instead of you dreaming about the taxpayers of this country being made to foot the bill to educate children that are not our responsibility.

Do that, and you will look less like an ass, and the venes will not become more of a burden to the already overburdened publiccoffers, and they will be able to educate their children.
But we know that just like your wetfoot vene brethren, you are far too lazy and stupid to even think about doing something like that.

Live that delusion you love, even though it's only going to ever happen in your head, yuh go feel it real and that should be enough to keep you happy.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 29th, 2022, 1:31 pm

88sins wrote:
Poor mixed up Max

With every idiotic post that you make, you provide the world with more and more evidence that you possess the intelligence, logic and rational thought processes identical to that of a box of handle-less hammers?

Like you just cannot stand being corrected lol. Again, you are being schooled on proper basic English language and you, as always, become defensive. So let me guess, you reverse “back” right? Anyways, to each his own.

88sins wrote:
As I said before, easier, cheaper and faster to deport them than to facilitate them, since we do not have the necessary resources to facilitate the enrollment of their children in the public education system and it will cost significant financial resources to do so. Additionally, as I said before, UNC can say anything, but can do nothing. So if you want to take their ravings as a proposal that can actually happen, have at it. I know that you will not like these facts, but you disliking them makes them no less true.

If you really believe that you truly want these migrants children to get an education in trinidad, here's my suggestion to you.
There's an organization in trinidad that gets several million USD annually from the UNHCR to provide assistance to these venes, and is very closely connected to several private schools in Port of Spain. Last year alone, one in particular received just over USD $9M to provide
them with aid. You and your beloved tapeworms should lobby them to spend some of the money they get to be put towards educating these children, instead of you dreaming about the taxpayers of this country being made to foot the bill to educate children that are not our responsibility.

Do that, and you will look less like an ass, and the venes will not become more of a burden to the already overburdened publiccoffers, and they will be able to educate their children.
But we know that just like your wetfoot vene brethren, you are far too lazy and stupid to even think about doing something like that.

Live that delusion you love, even though it's only going to ever happen in your head, yuh go feel it real and that should be enough to keep you happy.

A fantastic suggestion but you must bear in mind that many tax payers as myself would be more than happy to contribute towards education for our children. Do not feel there would be some sort of “uproar” from the general public. You really feel Trinis will protest for anything? Soldier you just bitter that you cannot do anything about it and you have little support from your own xenophobic countrymen.

8, you talking here all frustrated and Venes are carrying on about their lives in T&T as normal totally unconcerned with your cries. I only hearing words from you but no action. Find happiness na.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 29th, 2022, 5:15 pm

You need to have an income and actually pay taxes to be a taxpayer.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 29th, 2022, 11:39 pm

88sins wrote:You need to have an income and actually pay taxes to be a taxpayer.

KFC salary is less than $84K a year, even if you're the fryer. It eh like CEPEP where the wackerman does get more :lol:
Caxxy Waxxy lucky he sponging orf ah Mammy pension, and living rent free, while spinning fantastic yarns about minimarts.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 30th, 2022, 4:39 am

He eh too bright, and he's not a trini either.

I got no problem with him not being a trini, but is d boy stupidity that he insists to remain and revel in and display to the world that has me worried for him a little.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”