Forums

NO SCHOOL due to adverse weather

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: NO SCHOOL TODAY

Postby paid_influencer » October 27th, 2022, 7:43 pm

so Tobago schools still on, or that is for THA to decide?

glad to see the MoE listening to feedback and improving. No kids wading through flood waters tomorrow, hopefully

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 27th, 2022, 7:44 pm

paid_influencer wrote:so Tobago schools still on, or that is for THA to decide?

THA Business!

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » October 27th, 2022, 10:32 pm

FB_IMG_1666924332761.jpg

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » October 28th, 2022, 1:29 pm

Hot hot sun today boi

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 28th, 2022, 1:41 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:Hot hot sun today boi

The orange level was for riverine alerts.
Caroni has already burst its banks
The precaution of no school was for flooding

Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 1.35.17 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 1.35.17 PM.jpg (17.4 KiB) Viewed 1218 times

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 28th, 2022, 1:43 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

If you don't live or operate in floodzones,you won't understand

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 28th, 2022, 1:45 pm

timelapse wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Correct

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 28th, 2022, 1:57 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Correct
Consider the source of the post. Your sound reasoning fell upon deaf ears.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 28th, 2022, 2:53 pm

^ that will happen regardless

aab4ae1e-4f4a-4c78-86a6-b0a06815afe9.jpg

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » October 28th, 2022, 5:50 pm

This met service on real games

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 27th, 2022, 6:05 pm

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: NO SCHOOL due to adverse weather

Postby Rovin » November 27th, 2022, 7:06 pm

well teachers & students get a long wk end

min of ed done say school will open on tues ... if d weather remains bad or water have no where to go & flood still high over it cud be an extra day off

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » November 27th, 2022, 8:24 pm

now is end-of-term test time, so any days skipped today just gonna be made up between now and end of term next week friday

they getting an extra day to study tho

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 27th, 2022, 9:58 pm

Campus Management of The University of the West Indies (The UWI) St. Augustine Campus has taken the decision to close the campus physically tomorrow, Monday 28 November 2022. Staff will switch to remote/online work, except for Campus Security, Facilities Management, Halls of residence, Health Services Unit, and Libraries.

This week is the designated reading week so no classes or assessment are allowed except for certain programmes in the Faculty of Medical Sciences (FMS). Classes at the FMS will be online for this week.

However, the Alma Jordan and Medical Sciences libraries will open tomorrow from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 28th, 2022, 4:25 am

in the past a lil flood never shut down the entire country. under unc in 2010 as kamla became pm flood in diego and manzan an it never shut down the counrty. she made a bypass road and repair the manzan road quick quick. in 2018 flood all over and was a normal day for many of us. now a lil rain an flood and they close all schools. many areas have no flood and the school can open an we normal. why they aint stop the play whe also for monday as the place flooded and many wont be able to go play. i tell you we being managed by idiots.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 28th, 2022, 7:43 am

daring dragoon wrote:in the past a lil flood never shut down the entire country. under unc in 2010 as kamla became pm flood in diego and manzan an it never shut down the counrty. she made a bypass road and repair the manzan road quick quick. in 2018 flood all over and was a normal day for many of us. now a lil rain an flood and they close all schools. many areas have no flood and the school can open an we normal. why they aint stop the play whe also for monday as the place flooded and many wont be able to go play. i tell you we being managed by idiots.
When you have to go through knee high water to get to your front gate, you will sing a different song Until then ,bray donkey bray

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 28th, 2022, 8:08 am

adnj wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Correct
Consider the source of the post. Your sound reasoning fell upon deaf ears.

Nah Isse listen to Duane (sometimes) , not to soyboys like u :)

Lil cutiepie

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 28th, 2022, 8:52 am

Mmoney607 wrote:This met service on real games

It’s a failed department recognized nationwide.

The entire department needs to be fired immediately.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » November 28th, 2022, 8:59 am

MaxPower wrote:

It's just jackassness all around

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 28th, 2022, 5:50 pm

FB_IMG_1669672182549.jpg

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 28th, 2022, 6:10 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

It's just jackassness all around
The government is a failure

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 28th, 2022, 7:02 pm

timelapse wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:in the past a lil flood never shut down the entire country. under unc in 2010 as kamla became pm flood in diego and manzan an it never shut down the counrty. she made a bypass road and repair the manzan road quick quick. in 2018 flood all over and was a normal day for many of us. now a lil rain an flood and they close all schools. many areas have no flood and the school can open an we normal. why they aint stop the play whe also for monday as the place flooded and many wont be able to go play. i tell you we being managed by idiots.
When you have to go through knee high water to get to your front gate, you will sing a different song Until then ,bray donkey bray

yea man i smart enough not to live on a flood plain, close to a river an to also full my property 6 feet above the road before building an going a level higher than most houses an i am a donkey. if i am as jackarse for securing my self you are more of an idiot that i give you all credit for.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 28th, 2022, 7:10 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
timelapse wrote:

yea man i smart enough not to live on a flood plain, close to a river an to also full my property 6 feet above the road before building an going a level higher than most houses an i am a donkey. if i am as jackarse for securing my self you are more of an idiot that i give you all credit for.
You are a jackarse for being oblivious of people's conditions in flood prone areas and some areas where flooding isn't so common but flooding anyways.While you busy trying to look cool, people houses are literally full of mud water and you want other people to make light of the situation.Yes you are an idiot.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 28th, 2022, 7:45 pm

On a case by case basis
9k%3D(18).jpg

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 28th, 2022, 11:25 pm

sMASH wrote:On a case by case basis9k%3D(18).jpg

Gappy, like Black Jack Fack JUHN Scarfy and de rest, only studyin' which comped party to attend next

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 29th, 2022, 2:19 am

timelapse wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
timelapse wrote:

You are a jackarse for being oblivious of people's conditions in flood prone areas and some areas where flooding isn't so common but flooding anyways.While you busy trying to look cool, people houses are literally full of mud water and you want other people to make light of the situation.Yes you are an idiot.

most were told as a child pay attention in school. i guess it was more difficult for some. when i started to build everyone was only studying "how you build that foundation so high". vision an common sense my idiot friend is not so common. you are proof of that.

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » November 29th, 2022, 2:47 am

daring dragoon wrote:
timelapse wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
timelapse wrote:

most were told as a child pay attention in school. i guess it was more difficult for some. when i started to build everyone was only studying "how you build that foundation so high". vision an common sense my idiot friend is not so common. you are proof of that.

I commend you on the foresight and proactivity in building your home with intentions of preventing flooding related issues. However it doesn't mean you somewhat look down or cannot relate to flood victims who didn't take a similar approach. Some of these people may not have the funds to invest in disaster prevention or have the luxury of choosing where they reside. I'm sure there are some who even attempted to do what you did and still got flood lix. I think Times just conveying a message of "despite your property is safe from flooding, one can still be sympathetic to the affected victims", that's all.

I also do agree that the management of the recent adverse weather conditions are poor. I am part of an off road group and we have done extensive recovery work in the past few weeks. It's appalling how unorganized Odpm, corporations and other supporting statutory boards are. Usual adhoc, fly by night typical PNM lack of proactivity. HOWEVER I do not think we can compare past regime's handling of adverse weather conditions to this current weather situation. I could be wrong in saying this, but I do think the weather we have been experiencing recently is more adverse comparison to the past. Just my 2cents. In all my years being a support to flood victims, I have never seen flooding this badly.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 29th, 2022, 5:01 am

MDtuner70 wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
timelapse wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
timelapse wrote:

I commend you on the foresight and proactivity in building your home with intentions of preventing flooding related issues. However it doesn't mean you somewhat look down or cannot relate to flood victims who didn't take a similar approach. Some of these people may not have the funds to invest in disaster prevention or have the luxury of choosing where they reside. I'm sure there are some who even attempted to do what you did and still got flood lix. I think Times just conveying a message of "despite your property is safe from flooding, one can still be sympathetic to the affected victims", that's all.

I also do agree that the management of the recent adverse weather conditions are poor. I am part of an off road group and we have done extensive recovery work in the past few weeks. It's appalling how unorganized Odpm, corporations and other supporting statutory boards are. Usual adhoc, fly by night typical PNM lack of proactivity. HOWEVER I do not think we can compare past regime's handling of adverse weather conditions to this current weather situation. I could be wrong in saying this, but I do think the weather we have been experiencing recently is more adverse comparison to the past. Just my 2cents. In all my years being a support to flood victims, I have never seen flooding this badly.

flooding has been happening for century even before the days of noah who made flooding famous. yet people magically expect to escape the floods when rain come or roof being blown off with strong winds. we all learn 2+2 = 4 an move up in school. those who choose to not pay attention is first bad decision. caroni flood plain is called a flood plain for a reason and that is because it floods when the river overflows.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 29th, 2022, 4:29 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
MDtuner70 wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
timelapse wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
timelapse wrote:

flooding has been happening for century even before the days of noah who made flooding famous. yet people magically expect to escape the floods when rain come or roof being blown off with strong winds. we all learn 2+2 = 4 an move up in school. those who choose to not pay attention is first bad decision. caroni flood plain is called a flood plain for a reason and that is because it floods when the river overflows.
What's the solution?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 29th, 2022, 4:44 pm

You pretty much wasted your breath MD.I make no apologies for calling out Dragoon on the tuntun that he is.He is always making light of other people's issues here to make himself feel better about himself.I wouldn't waste any more effort trying to show a self centered idiot how his backfilled property means absolutely nothing to anyone but himself in this situation.

God's blessings upon you MD and your generations to come for selflessly assisting others.

A star just has to give off light to shine.
Once you start sucking light off others you are effectively a black hole...
- Timelapse

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”