Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

TTUTA striking [not on Monday 26th September]

Postby paid_influencer » September 23rd, 2022, 8:18 pm

hey i figure we need a ched for to keep updated on when TUTTA striking

because they striking all the time now and on short notice

Monday (26th September) has another strike carded:

The Trinidad and Tobago Unified Teachers Association (TTUTA) is once again urging employees to stay away from work over the Chief Personnel Officer's proposed salary increase of four per cent which stands for offers of 0-0-2 and 0-0-2 from 2014 to 2019.

TTUTA advised its members to rest and reflect on Monday, the same day that Finance Minister Colm Imbert is expected to present the 2023 budget in Parliament.

Its advisory said: "Comrades, we once again ask you to take time to reflect. On Monday, 26th September 2022 (Budget Day) reflect on what a 2022 Budget could mean on your 2014 Salary."

Moreover, TTUTA thanked members for the "overwhelming support" it received when it asked people to reflect on how the CPO is conducting the current negotiations by taking a half-day on Thursday, September 22.

https://tt.loopnews.com/content/ttuta-e ... y-increase
Last edited by paid_influencer on September 24th, 2022, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paid_influencer

Re: TTUTA striking [again]

Postby paid_influencer » September 23rd, 2022, 8:21 pm

you know the real joke. between school refurbishment, tutta strikes, teacher sickness and student sickness, my kid got a grand total of 3 days of school since the start of the term.

gonna be a rough school term lol

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 23rd, 2022, 8:42 pm

Why not just pay the ppl what they asking for so things could move smoothly, we going to find 100 million for carnival but can't find money to pay teachers who haven't received a raise since 2014...

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 23rd, 2022, 8:48 pm

hover11 wrote:Why not just pay the ppl what they asking for so things could move smoothly, we going to find 100 million for carnival but can't find money to pay teachers who haven't received a raise since 2014...

the govt position is that subsidies and transfers already unsustainable. if they give more than 4% to teachers, then nurses, police, and everybody else want more than 4% too. that amount of money added to recurrent expenditure simply not there unless some miracle happen

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » September 23rd, 2022, 10:08 pm

hover11 wrote:Why not just pay the ppl what they asking for so things could move smoothly, we going to find 100 million for carnival but can't find money to pay teachers who haven't received a raise since 2014...

Let me guess, you are a government worker, but you do not understand or care to understand how government manages money,

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 24th, 2022, 3:47 am

Jason,

Paying them for what they are asking for isn’t going to change anything.

And it’s not like they don’t have the money, they don’t want to and see NO need to raise their salary.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 5:20 am

abducted wrote:

Let me guess, you are a government worker, but you do not understand or care to understand how government manages money,
I do understand I just don't care , because you saying this yet the government going to find 100 million to spend on carnival . So the government spends on what they want to spend on. Now let me ask you something ,show me the return on investment from carnival vs the return on investment in teachers I'll wait ... ppl must remain on the same salary from 2014 with inflation eating away at their disposable income, when last have you taken a trip to the grocery or put gas in your vehicle?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 8:15 am

208 million gone down the drain but ppl saying we don't have the money to pay teachers. Where was the return on investment here because we still have to find the money to actually do the work just we 208M short now. Keep drinking that kool-aid that funds aren't there, how do you know that, do you know what is actually in the treasury at this point in time no you don't. So you can't say beyond a reasonable doubt what the country can or can't spend
FB_IMG_1664021560827.jpg

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 24th, 2022, 8:17 am

well I guess we could give teachers 8% but still offer nurses, police, other public servants 4%

but that would cause a different series of (potentially more damaging) strikes

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 8:25 am

paid_influencer wrote:well I guess we could give teachers 8% but still offer nurses, police, other public servants 4%

Then don't give anybody anything , take the PNM Approach do nothing and wait until all components in the public sector start striking.

Like someone told me yesterday nothing is done unless a certain sector is aggrieved in this country. You know where I coming from, bet your bottom dollar if customs start striking and down tools watch how fast everybody getting paid an increase.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 24th, 2022, 8:44 am

hover11 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:well I guess we could give teachers 8% but still offer nurses, police, other public servants 4%

Then don't give anybody anything , take the PNM Approach do nothing and wait until all components in the public sector start striking.

Like someone told me yesterday nothing is done unless a certain sector is aggrieved in this country. You know where I coming from, bet your bottom dollar if customs start striking and down tools watch how fast everybody getting paid an increase.
The same customs that hold legitimate importers to ransom? Or the same customs that allow AR 15s to pass through?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 24th, 2022, 8:45 am

customs officers know how to make money tho

why would they abandon their fiefdom

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 8:49 am

paid_influencer wrote:customs officers know how to make money tho

It's unfortunate teachers don't know how to make corrupt money like customs officers....guess they chose the wrong profession

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Banks in T&T

Postby Dizzy28 » September 24th, 2022, 8:55 am

hover11 wrote:

It's unfortunate teachers don't know how to make corrupt money like customs officers....guess they chose the wrong profession
It's called extra lessons

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 8:57 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:

They not forcing you to take the lessons however, a customs officer will force u to grease the wheel or hold your item

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 24th, 2022, 9:06 am

hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:

They not forcing you to take the lessons however, a customs officer will force u to grease the wheel or hold your item
Extra lessons are arguably more lucrative. It has reached the point where extra lessons are absolutely required for success since the normal teaching hours are taken up with other things. Anyone with kids will know...

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 9:09 am

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Extra lessons are arguably more lucrative. It has reached the point where extra lessons are absolutely required for success since the normal teaching hours are taken up with other things. Anyone with kids will know...
Again like I said is anyone forcing you, in my time I didn't have extra lessons i sat down and learnt my work on my own ,teach your children the same discipline if you don't want to pay for extra lessons ....
Last edited by hover11 on September 24th, 2022, 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 24th, 2022, 9:10 am

hover11 wrote:

i wonder if we ask any recent teaching graduates if they chose to wrong profession

:drinking:

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 9:11 am

paid_influencer wrote:
hover11 wrote:

i wonder if we ask any recent teaching graduates if they chose to wrong profession

:drinking:
So you going to take a fresh graduate over someone with the same qualifications along with much more experience...yall running businesses in here?

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 24th, 2022, 9:15 am

What's the avg secondary school teacher salary and how much do they make tax free from lessons?

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 24th, 2022, 9:22 am

What's the issue with lessons? If yuh child not paying attention in class and idling home, pay up for the lessons they should have learned in class

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 9:24 am

matr1x wrote:What's the issue with lessons? If yuh child not paying attention in class and idling home, pay up for the lessons they should have learned in class
Tell them, how the Chinese children don't have to pay for lessons but they have to for their children, they not in the same class with the same teacher, going to the same school..... the maths not mathsing, like I said before is the discipline you indoctrinate your child with. If your child accustom to being on a tab or phone with tiktok instead of picking up a book in their free time then don't blame the teachers

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 24th, 2022, 9:28 am

hover11 wrote:
matr1x wrote:What's the issue with lessons? If yuh child not paying attention in class and idling home, pay up for the lessons they should have learned in class
Tell them, how the Chinese children don't have to pay for lessons but they have to for their children, they not in the same class with the same teacher, going to the same school..... the maths not mathsing, like I said before is the discipline you indoctrinate your child with. If your child accustom to being on a tab or phone with tiktok instead of picking up a book in their free time then don't blame the teachers

True, lessons just making people lazy

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 24th, 2022, 9:28 am

hover11 wrote:
It's absolutely hilarious to hear the incels of tuner talking about discipline and China and all sorts of things, when they don't have any Idea of the reality of the present system.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 24th, 2022, 9:28 am

Ttuta actually working for its members. If only the other unions follow suite.

Plenty ppl who cry about civil servant work ethic doh talk how they have a while year to pay business tax and wait til the day it due to rush. Or come up to apply for stuff and they don't have anything in order.

Most ppl business failing because of bad management and not civil servants

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 9:40 am

matr1x wrote:Ttuta actually working for its members. If only the other unions follow suite.

Plenty ppl who cry about civil servant work ethic doh talk how they have a while year to pay business tax and wait til the day it due to rush. Or come up to apply for stuff and they don't have anything in order.

Most ppl business failing because of bad management and not civil servants
That's typical business community, they know they have their BIR and NIS to pay by the last working day of the month that is when it essentially due they rush to pay by the 15th of every month which is the day before it generates penalty but they call us lax lol. That's rich.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 24th, 2022, 9:59 am

I have had ppl have major cuts to their taxes still complain that their taxes too high.

Unilever, is you I referring to

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 24th, 2022, 10:00 am

plenty people trying ah thing with business because it have no jobs available elsewhere. they making their own job out of necessity, not choice. it have people working for negative money at the end of the month

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 10:05 am

matr1x wrote:I have had ppl have major cuts to their taxes still complain that their taxes too high.

Unilever, is you I referring to
The only thing sure in this life is death and taxes, have to pay taxes or else the country falls apart. Back to the thread, teachers deserve more as their study done by the union showed that they were severely underpaid by market research, forget holidays , forget pandemic....fact is these ppl are underpaid, let's make that clear. Pay the ppl what is due to them , fair day's pay for a fair day worked or pay for what you get every week there will be disruptions

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 24th, 2022, 10:05 am

Yes they are. In some schools and with some teachers its compulsory. If you miss lessons you missing curriculum
hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”