Forums

TTUTA striking [not on Monday 26th September]

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: TTUTA striking [again]

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 3:49 pm

DMan7 wrote:One last beat up before accepting the 4% I guess. TUTTA hadda look like they doing something I suppose...
If is one thing TUTTA backing their members study you hadda get up early and be on the ppl wuk Monday, they don't and will face zero repercussions

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 24th, 2022, 3:50 pm

Well look at that men boasting about not going to work.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » September 24th, 2022, 3:55 pm

DMan7 wrote:One last beat up before accepting the 4% I guess. TUTTA hadda look like they doing something I suppose...

i feel this going to be an ongoing thing.

imbert not going to cave so easily. pnm whole modus operandi is taking away power from the unions. to cave now would give unions too much power. i feel this going to end with a 5%-5.5% across the board but nothing special for ttuta

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 24th, 2022, 4:08 pm

At this point TUTTA and it's members will settle for 4.1% considering how long this thing going on for with no resolution in sight. Their members will most likely want to start getting that backpay money and increase in their salaries as soon as possible even if it's for the 4%

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 4:11 pm

196 dollars increase will only yield a back pay of 9000 for the most, imbert could take that dog money money and shove it
Last edited by hover11 on September 24th, 2022, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i_code_and_stuff
Street 2NR

Postby i_code_and_stuff » September 24th, 2022, 4:13 pm

paid_influencer wrote:

imbert not going to cave so easily. pnm whole modus operandi is taking away power from the unions. to cave now would give unions too much power. i feel this going to end with a 5%-5.5% across the board but nothing special for ttuta

yeah, but honestly thats how it should be. unions have way too much power for being led by people who can barely form coherent sentences, let alone provide logical, rational solutions to the problems that they complain about. if you ask roget "how is the country going to fund the 15%+ that youre asking for?", you will either get no response or deflection, with some incoherent rambling inbetween.

consider the fact that you can reduce every MP's salary to $0, and it'd still not make a dent in how much money is needed to pay the unions' unreasonable, illogical and selfish demands. some people might be tempted to say this is all a result of govt mismanagement and corruption, but the ills of the past don't matter in the context of finding a solution to a current problem

matr1x

Postby matr1x » September 24th, 2022, 4:36 pm

i_code_and_stuff wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

yeah, but honestly thats how it should be. unions have way too much power for being led by people who can barely form coherent sentences, let alone provide logical, rational solutions to the problems that they complain about. if you ask roget "how is the country going to fund the 15%+ that youre asking for?", you will either get no response or deflection, with some incoherent rambling inbetween.

consider the fact that you can reduce every MP's salary to $0, and it'd still not make a dent in how much money is needed to pay the unions' unreasonable, illogical and selfish demands. some people might be tempted to say this is all a result of govt mismanagement and corruption, but the ills of the past don't matter in the context of finding a solution to a current problem

You code in retarded language. Because you not making sense

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 4:46 pm

matr1x wrote:
i_code_and_stuff wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

X10000

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 24th, 2022, 4:53 pm

hover11 wrote:196 dollars increase will only yield a back pay of 9000 for the most, imbert could take that dog money money and shove it

how much money would you like tho

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 24th, 2022, 4:58 pm

hover11 wrote:
matr1x wrote:
i_code_and_stuff wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

X10000
A fool cosigning a fool. :D

i_code_and_stuff
Street 2NR

Postby i_code_and_stuff » September 24th, 2022, 5:08 pm

hover11 wrote:
matr1x wrote:
i_code_and_stuff wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

X10000

that doesn't mean a whole lot coming from the anti vax autists.

feel free to point out which part of what i said was wrong though, or will you do what hover always does and change the subject/deflect/say something based on feelings with no credible evidence. (hover might be roget at this point :lol: )

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 5:09 pm

adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:
matr1x wrote:
i_code_and_stuff wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

X10000
A fool cosigning a fool. :D

Pot calling the kettle black wi :S

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 5:43 pm

i_code_and_stuff wrote:
hover11 wrote:
matr1x wrote:
i_code_and_stuff wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

X10000

that doesn't mean a whole lot coming from the anti vax autists.

feel free to point out which part of what i said was wrong though, or will you do what hover always does and change the subject/deflect/say something based on feelings with no credible evidence. (hover might be roget at this point )
Fact: Collective bargaining is the system the government had been using since inception, the government was negligent in their actions as they were supposed to allocate funds for the negotiations since 2017 , not my problem the government has financial management issues. They find the money for everything else carnival, ghost gangs, urp and cepep make shift employment programmes for political gimmicks. You tell me how is that my problem, as I asked before do you beyond a reasonable doubt know how much is in the treasury like what is in your bank account, I'm sure you don't. So we can only make guesstimates and try to make suggestions but that's where it ends. No government has ever come forward and told us how much money is in the treasury but PNM always bawling it ain have , it never have for seven years we working with an empty treasury :S.....gimme a fat chance eh

matr1x

Re: TTUTA striking [again] [Monday 26th September]

Postby matr1x » September 24th, 2022, 7:05 pm

I want a complete breakdown how the covid relief was spent.

No reason they can't pay teachers better

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 24th, 2022, 8:27 pm

matr1x wrote:No reason they can't pay teachers better

because we borrowing to pay salaries as it is

:drinking:

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 8:31 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
matr1x wrote:No reason they can't pay teachers better

because we borrowing to pay salaries as it is

:drinking:
So salaries not supposed to raise with the way things are currently and if not when is a good time for salaries to increase...I just asking because it seems we supposed to live on the same salary from now to retirement. Inflation has no bearing it seems.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 24th, 2022, 8:32 pm

maybe we need to accept the reality the country is in decline and everybody on the island has to accept a reduced lifestyle.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 24th, 2022, 8:36 pm

paid_influencer wrote:maybe we need to accept the reality the country is in decline and everybody on the island has to accept a reduced lifestyle.

BINGO!

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 24th, 2022, 8:39 pm

paid_influencer wrote:maybe we need to accept the reality the country is in decline and everybody on the island has to accept a reduced lifestyle.
Great initiative, firstly,let's stop wasting hundreds of millions on carnival , kinda hypocritical to live a reduced lifestyle yet throwing millions at a 2 day annual event

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 24th, 2022, 10:10 pm

hover11 wrote:Max,

Question, don't teachers like yourself have a family and deserve to be able to provide for such family? How can they, however, when the cost of living skyrockets uncontrollably, when every month the grocery bill changes, when some teachers who coming from south to teach in a school in town have to pay gas that is always increasing in price. Don't say travel because I'm sure half of yall on here not traveling to work. Also they need a vehicle as they sometimes carry work students' books home to correct. Anyway , yes they have a duty , however, the employer has a duty to pay them fairly which based on the Market research survey done by TTUTA this had never been the case. The government always shafts and underpays them.Teachers aren't asking for anything unrealistic.Teachers are asking for salaries from 2013 be increased to have a decent standard of living in 2022/2023.You want teachers in school all day everyday? Pay them fair wage.

What this will show students, don't accept less than what you are worth always demand better.

While you may not have striked in your life. Bear in mind alot of advances in labour occurred due to the likes of Adrian Cola Renzi, Uriah Buzz Butler and the other past labour heads , had they not done what they had we may be under slavery conditions today with employers. So to each his own.

Jason,

Where are the teachers dying of starvation?

Things are not as bad as it seems.

Our teachers need to focus on what they are being paid to do.

Our children are in desperate need of proper guidance and now is not the time for salary wars and action that disrupts the educational process.

No one is saying not to increase their salaries or that they don’t deserve it, but they can protest after school hours so the children can have a productive day.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » September 24th, 2022, 10:55 pm

The sheer level of stupidity in that post is staggering. Education is an investment. If you are unwilling to spend the money and resources into improving the quality of education, you will see a decline. Teachers are there to do a job. They don't owe you anything after those hours.

An idiot said to protest after school hours. When you protest, it's to inconvenience so to spur improving of conditions.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » September 24th, 2022, 11:01 pm

Give all public servants their increases, then the government will remove all subsidies, tax we mc some more and then allyuh will be happy right?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 25th, 2022, 12:25 am

matix wrote:Give all public servants their increases, then the government will remove all subsidies, tax we mc some more and then allyuh will be happy right?
Impsbert done looking how to tax we mc more come Monday increase or no increase though

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 25th, 2022, 12:47 am

matix wrote:Give all public servants their increases, then the government will remove all subsidies, tax we mc some more and then allyuh will be happy right?

I would be very happy to pay more tax for the public servants to get their increases….but i need to see some sort of productivity.

Sadly, I am not seeing a good standard of productivity now and i don’t foresee an improvement if they were to get increases.

Start putting in the work, then we could talk dollars and cents.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » September 25th, 2022, 2:58 am

Seeing as how, when you pay ppl more they spend more in the country. Give rich people tax breaks, they hoard money.

Not a hard concept to understand.

Maybe people should be better parents to their children

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 25th, 2022, 3:04 am

matr1x wrote:Seeing as how, when you pay ppl more they spend more in the country. Give rich people tax breaks, they hoard money.

Not a hard concept to understand.

Maybe people should be better parents to their children
This is what they not seeing, the economy is in dog sheit atm, when you increase salaries and give backpay where they think these ppl going to spend their new disposable income not in the businesses to drive the economy? When you give a person an increase of less than 200 dollars a month wtf they supposed to do with that? No really and truly you will watch a big man and give him an increase of $200 a month in these times? Some of the ppl in here would have made really good house slaves...

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 25th, 2022, 3:15 am

$200 could go a long way if spent wisely.

You ever see some of the vehicles some teachers driving?

Me, i would be grateful for that $200.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 25th, 2022, 3:18 am

MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:Max,

Question, don't teachers like yourself have a family and deserve to be able to provide for such family? How can they, however, when the cost of living skyrockets uncontrollably, when every month the grocery bill changes, when some teachers who coming from south to teach in a school in town have to pay gas that is always increasing in price. Don't say travel because I'm sure half of yall on here not traveling to work. Also they need a vehicle as they sometimes carry work students' books home to correct. Anyway , yes they have a duty , however, the employer has a duty to pay them fairly which based on the Market research survey done by TTUTA this had never been the case. The government always shafts and underpays them.Teachers aren't asking for anything unrealistic.Teachers are asking for salaries from 2013 be increased to have a decent standard of living in 2022/2023.You want teachers in school all day everyday? Pay them fair wage.

What this will show students, don't accept less than what you are worth always demand better.

While you may not have striked in your life. Bear in mind alot of advances in labour occurred due to the likes of Adrian Cola Renzi, Uriah Buzz Butler and the other past labour heads , had they not done what they had we may be under slavery conditions today with employers. So to each his own.

Jason,

Where are the teachers dying of starvation?

Things are not as bad as it seems.

Our teachers need to focus on what they are being paid to do.

Our children are in desperate need of proper guidance and now is not the time for salary wars and action that disrupts the educational process.

No one is saying not to increase their salaries or that they don’t deserve it, but they can protest after school hours so the children can have a productive day.
Max,

Protesting after school hours will have zero impact as with industrial action this is done during school hours to force the government hand and have a favorable outcome. This can go another way where it goes to the industrial court and every week there will be a rest and reflect day until the hearing of the court case who will be the ones losing out then? The government playing hard ball no problem, they need the teachers more than the teachers need them....imspbert and shamfa not coming to teach your children at the end of the day. The teachers don't have to write SEA,CSEC or CAPE they passed that stage is the children to catch. What the parents should be clamouring for is the government to pay them so things can get back to normal but their attention as often is misguided.
Last edited by hover11 on September 25th, 2022, 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 25th, 2022, 3:21 am

MaxPower wrote:$200 could go a long way if spent wisely.

You ever see some of the vehicles some teachers driving?

Me, i would be grateful for that $200.
With NIS rates to increase, T&TEC and WASA rates to increase, property tax looming, rent to increase, ever soaring grocery bills, gas most important to increase......you really think that $200 doing anything?

matr1x

Postby matr1x » September 25th, 2022, 3:53 am

Yes, teachers must drive donkey cart. Jackass

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”