Forums

Member of Parliament arrested and charged

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Member of Parliament arrested and charged

Postby hover11 » September 16th, 2022, 6:07 pm

So after all that campaigning while in opposition about locking up UNC theives and every last one will be behind bars. Seven years later ......David Lee charged on a frivolous offence lol , at least we have a PNM achievement, somebody bump the thread.
Last edited by hover11 on September 16th, 2022, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 16th, 2022, 6:07 pm

eliteauto wrote:I could see Lee winning the case if the vehicle hasn't been transferred, the argument would be it's my vehicle, who I choose to let drive it is my business, immoral isn't illegal and being charged is a legal issue not a moral one. I know people who gave MPs money to buy vehicles on their behalf through that same exemption for Prados and Range Rovers but it was while the said MPs were the party in office so no feathers ruffled
The media would have gotten hold of that certified copy. Maybe they did and it's still is in Lee's name but choose not to publish in order to play on the minds of the less intelligent.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 16th, 2022, 6:12 pm

at the end of the day,
the mere fact that the people who lead this country run loophole racket on both sides and make no bones about it says alot about the state of the country and we want to know why young kwame and raj feel they could run their racket too.

likewise if persons cannot see it as a loophole being exploited then they shouldnt complain for other things in the country.....

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » September 16th, 2022, 6:16 pm

hover11 wrote:It continues.....lots of smokescreen FB_IMG_1663365570207.jpg

al the time allyuh saying is too much corruption..

but when PNM crack down on corruption is a problem...

not PNM fault is only UNC people involved in corruption..

i probably wrong tho. Police service and Judiciary is independent of the Government.. ask the former police commissioner...

:drinking:

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 16th, 2022, 6:35 pm

pugboy wrote:that’s what ferris did

eliteauto wrote:I could see Lee winning the case if the vehicle hasn't been transferred, the argument would be it's my vehicle, who I choose to let drive it is my business, immoral isn't illegal and being charged is a legal issue not a moral one. I know people who gave MPs money to buy vehicles on their behalf through that same exemption for Prados and Range Rovers but it was while the said MPs were the party in office so no feathers ruffled

yeah I was discussing that with someone just now, there are a few more questions with Lee though, like did the NZ purchase circumvent the source of funds requirement and if so would he be able to produce one or even a line of payment for the vehicle, especially considering he has specific "banking arrangements" relative to a failed business.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 16th, 2022, 7:08 pm

UNC stands by Lee following charges laid against him

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/unc-sta ... 20998c401e

This is clearly a witch hunt, ironic how it was revealed that the PNM spent billions in legal fees concerning menial matters and now see why, top lawyers will be hired to prosecute this matter and they will be paid handsomely.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 16th, 2022, 7:25 pm

Pointe-à-Pierre MP Charged with Misbehaviour in Public Office, Conspiracy to Defraud State over $1.4M

Pointe-à-Pierre Member of Parliament, DAVID LEE, who was charged today with Misbehaviour in Public Office and Conspiracy to Defraud the State, was granted $1,000,000 bail by a Justice of the Peace.

LEE, 63, of Cascade, Port-of-Spain, will appear before a
Port-of-Spain Magistrate on October 12th, 2022, to answer to the charges.

The accused was charged by Senior Superintendent of Police, Financial Investigations Branch (FIB), Wendell Lucas, following the advice received by Director of Public Prosecutions, Roger Gaspard, SC.

According to a March 2021 police report, between March and May 2019, a member of parliament allegedly applied for and obtained exemptions for the purchase of a Mercedes Benz AMG G63 Wagon motor vehicle, totalling $1,416,292.65.

Investigations into the report allegedly revealed that the application, which allowed exemptions from paying motor vehicle tax, Value Added Tax and customs duty on the purchase of a Mercedes Benz AMG G63 Wagon, benefitted another person other than the applicant.

LEE, who, accompanied his two attorneys, surrendered to the police around 1.35 pm today, at the FIB Head Office at Tower C, International Waterfront Centre, Port-of-Spain, was subsequently arrested and charged with the offences.

SEE ACCOMPANYING PHOTOGRAPH

Corporate Communications Unit
September 16th, 2022

END
FB_IMG_1663370708977.jpg

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 16th, 2022, 7:28 pm

Imagine in Sweden which makes more than 10 times the amount of money we do annually , politicians travel on the bus or other means of public transport while here we encourage them to buy the most expensive cars and live the most lavish lifestyles

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » September 16th, 2022, 7:35 pm

allyuh sheep falling for the distractions from rowlee. i always say i surrounded by idiots.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 16th, 2022, 7:42 pm

once its valid, send ting.
but, i would prefer they tackle matters that they could recoup costs to the country, than these petty matters.

spending 7m or how ever much on taste of carnival was injustice

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 16th, 2022, 8:13 pm

The is a symptom of the dotish constitution. An mps only job is to go to the parliament to make laws. Why you need a tax exempt vehicle to do that.

In the United States of America house representatives and senators get free parking in the airport, that's their perk, in Trinidad, mps get millions in tax exemptions.....

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » September 16th, 2022, 8:22 pm

This is why we will always be 3rd world !

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 16th, 2022, 8:48 pm

Cantmis wrote:This is why we will always be 3rd world !

the things that make us 3rd world get normalized to such an extent that they do not get coverage in the news

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 16th, 2022, 8:56 pm

talk the chaguanas mayor getting something too

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 16th, 2022, 9:15 pm

Cantmis wrote:This is why we will always be 3rd world !
Because the PNM did not drag Farris to court over the same matter?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 16th, 2022, 9:53 pm

Opposition MP for Pointe-a-Pierre David Lee has been hit with charges of misbehaviour in public office and Conspiracy to defraud the government. The charges are said to be related to the purchase and sale of a Mercedes-Benz.

Lee was questioned by police last month in connection with the incident.

Speaking briefly to the media after at the Waterfront International Waterfront Tower C, Lee said simply, “I will give details over the weekend. This is PNM at its best.”

When asked why he would say that he replied again, “I will say more later.”

He then left in a waiting vehicle.

he shoulda leave in the benz

matr1x

Postby matr1x » September 16th, 2022, 10:27 pm

Where the covid money gone?

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » September 16th, 2022, 10:34 pm

Distractions distractions distractions ...

"A fool and water will go the way they are diverted." - African Proverb.

Biggest problem in this country is the politicians ... problem is we got professional politicians they to good are starting §h!7 and stealing §h!7 on both sides and worst of all they are friends.

Simple solution to this is no more professional politicians ... term limits should be imposed ... From senator, parliamentarian, prime minister and president no more than two 5yr terms. So yes while a person can spend 40yrs in Govt there will be far more turn over than there is now.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 16th, 2022, 10:37 pm

timothymcdavid wrote:Distractions distractions distractions ...

"A fool and water will go the way they are diverted." - African Proverb.

Biggest problem in this country is the politicians ... problem is we got professional politicians they to good are starting §h!7 and stealing §h!7 on both sides and worst of all they are friends.

Simple solution to this is no more professional politicians ... term limits should be imposed ... From senator, parliamentarian, prime minister and president no more than two 5yr terms. So yes while a person can spend 40yrs in Govt there will be far more turn over than there is now.

Remember our constitution adapted from a dotish country that still have a king and a queen who own millions in assets.

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » September 16th, 2022, 11:05 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:Remember our constitution adapted from a dotish country that still have a king and a queen who own millions in assets.

Actually it is billions in assets worse than that family wealth isnt really calculated.

But that same dotish country kick out how many prime ministers since our PM has been in office? Rowley came in office in 2015 under Cameron since then Cameren, May and Johnson have all had to demit office.

British like their monarchy has worked for them for 100s of years.

Guyana changed their system of govt their president has term limits which is probably the only good thing about it to be honest and the proportional representation.

Is almost 50yrs since this country has become a republic time to do allyuh own thing or stick with a system that aint working.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 16th, 2022, 11:22 pm

they better have some solid proof besides doing this just to distract from PNM incompetence

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » September 16th, 2022, 11:24 pm

Let’s keep it real, if any one of us had access to this exemption and could exploit it safely within the rules, we would if we could.

If one MP understood the rules and bungle it and end up with charges then that is on him, he will have his day in court

All parties at some point had the ability to make changes and did nothing.

Nobody is a bastion of virtue here. Politicians come from the same society we are part of, they are a reflection of all of us.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 16th, 2022, 11:30 pm

timothymcdavid wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:Remember our constitution adapted from a dotish country that still have a king and a queen who own millions in assets.

Actually it is billions in assets worse than that family wealth isnt really calculated.

But that same dotish country kick out how many prime ministers since our PM has been in office? Rowley came in office in 2015 under Cameron since then Cameren, May and Johnson have all had to demit office.

British like their monarchy has worked for them for 100s of years.

Guyana changed their system of govt their president has term limits which is probably the only good thing about it to be honest and the proportional representation.

Is almost 50yrs since this country has become a republic time to do allyuh own thing or stick with a system that aint working.

First thing we need to do is separate the legislature from the executive.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 16th, 2022, 11:54 pm

Although Lee has this cloud over his head, this matter will be stuck in the courts for about a decade maybe two so he's safe for now.

Marlene case active close to 4 years now...

Ramlogan and Ramdeen active over 3 years...

Moonilal & EMBD active over 5 years...

Piarco... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 17th, 2022, 5:21 am

The_Honourable wrote:Although Lee has this cloud over his head, this matter will be stuck in the courts for about a decade maybe two so he's safe for now.

Marlene case active close to 4 years now...

Ramlogan and Ramdeen active over 3 years...

Moonilal & EMBD active over 5 years...

Piarco... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Panday was sentenced and argued due to age and health complications that he couldn't serve it.....who laughing now. I love this country

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 17th, 2022, 5:37 am

Imagine these politicians have enough money to buy a g6 benz and cayennes yet still want to brakes from the taxes LOL..... however, the public(asses) see zero problem with that. Just like how impsbert want to put a cap on the fuel subsidy, people should be demanding that there be a cap on the exemption . Nothing more than 200k. We like it so I guess. Is the money allya paying in taxes jumping up here.

Zoom was right, stupid country with stupid people...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 17th, 2022, 6:07 am

it is stupid people,

they buy these cars primarily to bling, and bling means show off on other stupid people who envy the same crap
just like when range rovers were a big fad and every tom dick and harry had to have one
dont see the current obsession with these box cart shaped vehicles

one thing jack warner above all this material nonsense, he on a diff level as he been in the money decades before these idiots

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 17th, 2022, 6:59 am

I remember when someone made an issue of Hector McClean former Speaker of the House buying an S-Class and Jack responded "So? I bought 3 last week"

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 17th, 2022, 7:11 am

eliteauto wrote:I remember when someone made an issue of Hector McClean former Speaker of the House buying an S-Class and Jack responded "So? I bought 3 last week"
Jack had money before though, as these politicians reach in office they become new money....millionaires over night with under the table projects. Never satisfied with just their hefty salaries and outlandish perks. I remember when they turned on him, Jack said I used to see some ppl before office eating doubles in their cars now in power they have properties and millions in their acounts.

Generational wealth starts with hard work or just one thief.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 17th, 2022, 8:30 am

hover11 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:I remember when someone made an issue of Hector McClean former Speaker of the House buying an S-Class and Jack responded "So? I bought 3 last week"
Jack had money before though, as these politicians reach in office they become new money....millionaires over night with under the table projects. Never satisfied with just their hefty salaries and outlandish perks. I remember when they turned on him, Jack said I used to see some ppl before office eating doubles in their cars now in power they have properties and millions in their acounts.

Generational wealth starts with hard work or just one thief.

Corrupt politician becomes corrupt businessman? Bad
Corrupt businessman becomes corrupt politician? Good

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”