this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Standstill POS traffic

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 13th, 2022, 11:20 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
FrankChag wrote:One of my friends: Some people spent TWO YEARS proving they can work from home more efficiently and productively than in the office. And at the drop of a hat.. let's all waste 4-5 hours of our lives sitting in traffic. All to support downtown businesses. Stupid Stupid Stupid people.

Me: Yup. I haven't bought anything in pos-POS in over 2 years (even when I'm there).

depends on where the ppl making the decisions live- if they working POS and living in the west they only 20 mins away- they eh know the daily struggle of ppl who also work POS but live east beyond where it still have traffic lights on the highway, or down south.

btw, those macoya and uwi lights- why is it that 3 out of 4 times u getting a red light while on the CRH? doesn't the highway have priority? is this rocket science? it takes me 30-40 mins just to get from trincity lights to past uwi lights on a morning. and i leave home like 8 or after.

Macoya, Pasea and UWI lights have to facilitate a sheit load of west to north traffic for the multitude of schools in the El Dorado/Tunapuna/St Augustine region. Count it - theres over 30 something primary and secondary schools and UWI within those three lights.

Yea, the traffic there is absolutely insane

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 13th, 2022, 11:23 am

I feel it would never happen because at the end of the day...building hadda rent
Financiers hadda get what they owed

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 13th, 2022, 11:27 am

I was on leave till yesterday.
So far my commute to PoS which includes dropping off of my son to school in the opposite direction from work has been 1hr 15mins yesterday and 1hr 10mins today (AM period). Given what I see ppl posting of their commute times I would take mines.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 13th, 2022, 11:52 am

hover11 wrote:
st7 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:
FrankChag wrote:One of my friends: Some people spent TWO YEARS proving they can work from home more efficiently and productively than in the office. And at the drop of a hat.. let's all waste 4-5 hours of our lives sitting in traffic. All to support downtown businesses. Stupid Stupid Stupid people.

Me: Yup. I haven't bought anything in pos-POS in over 2 years (even when I'm there).
What was the point of remote work during the pandemic if we back to the same ole same ole

Do you have the type of background that would better lend itself to work-from-home so that it would be easier for you to appreciate the response?

Most Popular Jobs You Can Do From Home:
Web Developer.
Medical Coder.
Territory Sales Manager.
Nurse.
Data Analyst.
Editor.
Case Manager.
UX/UI Designer.
Garbage, once a proper system is put into place almost any job can be done remotely.

How is a front facing Public Servant expected to work from home?
A Cashier for example
As I said almost any job, the back staff don't need to be physically present though, remember we trying to lessen the number of people having to come into PoS all at once during the mornings because what we experiencing everyday is ridiculous. Most government services should have the offer to be made online we going into the year of our lord 2023 and we still moving like 1962, cashiers can use a system home to verify those payments.

this is how u know how dumb this man is... lolll

why need cashiers when there is the e-commerce aspect? cut all these extra staff who do nothing all day at the public service offices
Idiot, you still need to stafff to oversee the payments are going through and if the customers need assistance to make their payments if they are facing difficulties. Not everything you hadda put your mouth in .....Anyway, the US has staggered working hours and it works well, why everything in this country hadda open 8 and close 4 or 5....let some come for 6 to 9. It will lessen congestion as well. Is more vehicles coming on the road and it will only get worse. Spending 4 hours a day in traffic makes no sense.

lollll yeah ok hover. as if cashiers would be available while they home the way they are in the public service offices.

and how they gonna communicate with the customer? that's why u have a CSRs to call to handle those things - not cashiers.

honestly... get off tuner and go do the ppl wuk. time to downsize public service cause of WOFT people like you

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 13th, 2022, 12:03 pm

st7 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
st7 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:What was the point of remote work during the pandemic if we back to the same ole same ole

Do you have the type of background that would better lend itself to work-from-home so that it would be easier for you to appreciate the response?

Most Popular Jobs You Can Do From Home:
Web Developer.
Medical Coder.
Territory Sales Manager.
Nurse.
Data Analyst.
Editor.
Case Manager.
UX/UI Designer.
Garbage, once a proper system is put into place almost any job can be done remotely.

How is a front facing Public Servant expected to work from home?
A Cashier for example
As I said almost any job, the back staff don't need to be physically present though, remember we trying to lessen the number of people having to come into PoS all at once during the mornings because what we experiencing everyday is ridiculous. Most government services should have the offer to be made online we going into the year of our lord 2023 and we still moving like 1962, cashiers can use a system home to verify those payments.

this is how u know how dumb this man is... lolll

why need cashiers when there is the e-commerce aspect? cut all these extra staff who do nothing all day at the public service offices
Idiot, you still need to stafff to oversee the payments are going through and if the customers need assistance to make their payments if they are facing difficulties. Not everything you hadda put your mouth in .....Anyway, the US has staggered working hours and it works well, why everything in this country hadda open 8 and close 4 or 5....let some come for 6 to 9. It will lessen congestion as well. Is more vehicles coming on the road and it will only get worse. Spending 4 hours a day in traffic makes no sense.

lollll yeah ok hover. as if cashiers would be available while they home the way they are in the public service offices.

and how they gonna communicate with the customer? that's why u have a CSRs to call to handle those things - not cashiers.

honestly... get off tuner and go do the ppl wuk. time to downsize public service cause of WOFT people like you
I hear that Amazon is going to double the number of cashiers that they employ.

The eight new cashier positions will be located in the cafeteria of their Seattle headquarters. The positions will be offered first to anyone that held a cashier position in one of their subsidiary Whole Foods stores.

Whole Foods eliminated more than 6000 cashier positions across their 500 stores when the entire chain moved to the much more efficient customer self-checkout.

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » September 13th, 2022, 10:33 pm

adnj wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

depends on where the ppl making the decisions live- if they working POS and living in the west they only 20 mins away- they eh know the daily struggle of ppl who also work POS but live east beyond where it still have traffic lights on the highway, or down south.

btw, those macoya and uwi lights- why is it that 3 out of 4 times u getting a red light while on the CRH? doesn't the highway have priority? is this rocket science? it takes me 30-40 mins just to get from trincity lights to past uwi lights on a morning. and i leave home like 8 or after.
It depends solely on productivity.

If the company must close down completely due to unavoidable circumstances, then work from home may be a better solution.

If a position requires customer or coworker interface, or requires close supervision of work product, productivity will typically decline when away from a facility. Work from home creates added management overhead to define, delegate and collect work product from the remote workers. You also lose the productivity gains that are associated with colocation of working teams.

The worldwide standard for acceptable commute time is 30 to 35 minutes. If a person's commute is longer than acceptable, that is the responsibility of the worker to change jobs or homes.
You're talking theory here. In practice most people were just as productive while WFH as they were in the office. There were a few people that you knew was not working like normal, but the role of their manager is to address issues like these when they come up. The only additional systems that we needed was network access via remote desktop software. People adjusted their work flows and everything was getting done.... profits were up.

Then just like that, all remote work ended. Senior people in HR argued that hybrid work was the way of the future as it allowed workers to get an ease from suffering in traffic everyday and led to less burnout etc. CEO didn't want to hear that and fired the biggest champion for hybrid work. People who requested to work hybrid were told either be on premises or be fired. Mind you these executives all live within 20 minutes of the office as Dizzy alluded to..... they even go home for lunch most days. They don't know what it's like to face 1-2 hours of traffic 10 times a week.

It's like plantation days, I need to see you toiling in the field else I not sure u working. Plenty employers did this same nonsense in the US earlier this year too, and it sparked the great resignation as workers pushed back. Sadly Trinidad is a small society so no such options here.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 13th, 2022, 11:52 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:
adnj wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

If the company must close down completely due to unavoidable circumstances, then work from home may be a better solution.

If a position requires customer or coworker interface, or requires close supervision of work product, productivity will typically decline when away from a facility. Work from home creates added management overhead to define, delegate and collect work product from the remote workers. You also lose the productivity gains that are associated with colocation of working teams.

The worldwide standard for acceptable commute time is 30 to 35 minutes. If a person's commute is longer than acceptable, that is the responsibility of the worker to change jobs or homes.
You're talking theory here. In practice most people were just as productive while WFH as they were in the office. There were a few people that you knew was not working like normal, but the role of their manager is to address issues like these when they come up. The only additional systems that we needed was network access via remote desktop software. People adjusted their work flows and everything was getting done.... profits were up.

Then just like that, all remote work ended. Senior people in HR argued that hybrid work was the way of the future as it allowed workers to get an ease from suffering in traffic everyday and led to less burnout etc. CEO didn't want to hear that and fired the biggest champion for hybrid work. People who requested to work hybrid were told either be on premises or be fired. Mind you these executives all live within 20 minutes of the office as Dizzy alluded to..... they even go home for lunch most days. They don't know what it's like to face 1-2 hours of traffic 10 times a week.

It's like plantation days, I need to see you toiling in the field else I not sure u working. Plenty employers did this same nonsense in the US earlier this year too, and it sparked the great resignation as workers pushed back. Sadly Trinidad is a small society so no such options here.

You're talking theory here. In practice most people were just as productive while WFH as they were in the office.

There is nothing that has ever shown that widespread work from home boosts productivity in diverse work environments. The opposite has been seen, over and over.

the role of their manager is to address issues like these when they come up.

This is incremental management overhead. The same holds true in off-shoring and outsourcing - a new process template is required to manage work product. Now, the most skilled employees are expected to do more work to manage their direct reports.

profits were up.

I doubt that if your current employment is in Trinidad, outside of manufacturing, that your company has a robust productivity measurement process. Profit is not a measure of productivity.

Senior people in HR argued that hybrid work was the way of the future

Hybrid working models and 100% remote working have been around for many industries for a long, long time. It's nothing new.

They don't know what it's like to face 1-2 hours of traffic 10 times a week.

How could they not? Trinidad has some of the slowest traffic in or around the Americas. Long commutes are almost always because of balancing housing costs with desirable housing features. You're rehashing the century old urban vs. suburban housing debate.

it sparked the great resignation as workers pushed back

The "Great Resignation" is a consequence of a tight labor market in the US.

It's also been shown that the typical office workday has increased 2.5 hours when employees match their office efficiency when working from home. Do with that information what you will.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » September 14th, 2022, 2:44 am

Country_Bookie wrote:
adnj wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

massa mentality at it's finest.

you are quite right bookie IMO. a lot of people perform better when they are home (not all though). personally my team was a lot more efficient when working from home and they even spent longer hours working to finish certain tasks (their choice) without claiming overtime. One of them told me that she worked from 8am to 9pm to finish something and she didn't mind cuz she wash clothes, cook and did other stuff while working. (i can see how unethical people would abuse this though)

ALL staff were mandated to report to work and now everyone bun out by 3pm.

i saw a comment earlier about front line staff being needed to verify transactions...Scotia literally rolled out their new ATMs to identify currency value upon deposit....it scans each bill and can tell the difference between $1 and $100 which is old tech btw.

ITMs....the replacement to ATMs are sitting in a former Massy company lab collecting dust...why? not because of development costs but the cost to educate and drive the public towards using such machines...no financial institution willing to jump the gun and invest in this type of service cuz were talking about campaigns that might last 3-5 years cuz of public illiteracy and misunderstanding. edit: last sentence was not an opinion.

for reference....

here's a typical ATM machine:

and here is an ITM machine:

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 14th, 2022, 4:40 am

Oh no these aren't just public servants :S

In all career fields, the average worker is productive for 60% or less each day. For office workers, however, that percentage drops drastically. Research conducted by Voucher Cloud determined that the average office worker is only productive for two hours and 23 minutes each day. 

https://www.apollotechnical.com/employe ... tatistics/

FB_IMG_1663144722423.jpg

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 14th, 2022, 6:28 am

90ee94e2-25ac-440c-91b2-7cbd51ae8f66.jpg

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 14th, 2022, 6:37 am

15 minutes from work crew checking in :lol:
The traffic since school has reopened is ridiculous though :?

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » September 14th, 2022, 7:49 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
90ee94e2-25ac-440c-91b2-7cbd51ae8f66.jpg
Bro ..the original is the same thing too if u think about it.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 14th, 2022, 8:16 am

2-3:30 school traffic in POS is the worst

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » September 14th, 2022, 9:17 am

Don't miss that POS commute at all.

I thought traffic was more manageable after Monday's crawl, as getting my environs morning routine has been August vacation-level easy. Left home a little off schedule today and was expecting a mess, but things were flowing. The only hiccups were clueless drivers.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 14th, 2022, 9:24 am

pugboy wrote:2-3:30 school traffic in POS is the worst

Anywhere there is a collection of schools is bad.

I see a school friend write about his time in traffic in St Joseph all of last week. His kid goes St Xaviers. We talking about 1 hr+ to get back out of there.
St Augustine is pretty bad and Tunapuna/El Dorado is pretty bad during school hours as well. And the back roads are no longer reasonable as a lot of traffic has moved into them.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 14th, 2022, 9:39 am

Never forget our watchwords of Trinidad and Tobago.

Together we hate public servants...until..
Together we need them to pull a lil favor for we.

Not naming members on the forum, you know who you are.....

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 14th, 2022, 9:39 am

Just now it will reach so bad with the number of cars in this country wouldn't be able to reverse out of your driveway without hassle

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 14th, 2022, 9:59 am

hover11 wrote:Oh no these aren't just public servants :S

In all career fields, the average worker is productive for 60% or less each day. For office workers, however, that percentage drops drastically. Research conducted by Voucher Cloud determined that the average office worker is only productive for two hours and 23 minutes each day. 

https://www.apollotechnical.com/employe ... tatistics/

FB_IMG_1663144722423.jpg

a man wake up half 4 to get to work losing focus on how public servants are in an unnecessary abundance and need to be whittled down 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 14th, 2022, 10:05 am

ah feel like people on this thread now start woking in town and complaining like never see .. come see.

its 24 year i working in town, traffic bad sine the early 2000s

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 14th, 2022, 10:09 am

death365 wrote:ah feel like people on this thread now start woking in town and complaining like never see .. come see.

The sad thing is with all the interchange and improvement to infrastructure such as widening of the roadways, it makes no sense. Those things just delay the bottleneck. We need a rapid rail. That is where billions of dollars could go.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 14th, 2022, 10:15 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
pugboy wrote:2-3:30 school traffic in POS is the worst

Anywhere there is a collection of schools is bad.

I see a school friend write about his time in traffic in St Joseph all of last week. His kid goes St Xaviers. We talking about 1 hr+ to get back out of there.
St Augustine is pretty bad and Tunapuna/El Dorado is pretty bad during school hours as well. And the back roads are no longer reasonable as a lot of traffic has moved into them.

LaClave in Chaguanas is stress.

Montrose and 3 pre schools in the area causes stress. And since these are small kids, every parent has to park and drop their kids at the gate.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 14th, 2022, 10:15 am

death365 wrote:ah feel like people on this thread now start woking in town and complaining like never see .. come see.

its 24 years i working in town, traffic bad since the early 2000s

Did the Sando to POS commute from 1996 to 2004
It wasn't as bad as this back then though
It would be bad some days if there was an accident etc - but this is every day and far worse.
Back then didn't have the road infrastructure we have now either: curepe, aranguez and grand bazaar overpasses, no intersections heading west from UWI to POS Market, 4 lanes from Valpark to El Socorro
if we had that back then it wouldn't have any traffic

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 14th, 2022, 10:20 am

hover11 wrote:

The sad thing is with all the interchange and improvement to infrastructure such as widening of the roadways, it makes no sense. Those things just delay the bottleneck. We need a rapid rail. That is where billions of dollars could go.

MOWTT will not be able to maintain the rapid rail. They already can't do the buses, ferries, water taxis. What makes you think they'll be able to handle billion dollar projects?

Best bet would be to utilize the approach in Ethiopia, where the Chinese build/operate the rail system.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 14th, 2022, 10:22 am

^ TBH I did a Tunapuna to El Soccoro South commute between 2005 - 2015 and a Tunapuna to PoS from 2015 (Nov) to now and getting into PoS for me has improved in that time. I definitely will take 2022 over 2006 heading west. Evenings still sticky with some days bad some days good but on average it is also better now than then.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 14th, 2022, 10:38 am

the pos traffic from chaguanas between 2004-2005 wasnt as bad compared to now, but it was still bad back then... used to leave chaguanas 6a and reach around 7:30

from 2014-2017, going from chaguanas to aranguez alone was 1hr 15mins... could only imagine how it was going to town....

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 14th, 2022, 11:06 am

rapid rail for what to sink d country into further billion $ debt for decades & for more millions\bobol to keep maintaining it every year ? , what about all d hundreds of maxis & taxis - to hell was with them ?

why everybody hadda leave all over d country to go POS to access govt services , is decades they talking about decentralizing but never actually doing it

d amt of billions stolen\squandered from d treasury by politicans & their frens throughout d decades we cud have had 3-4 lanes of highways coming\going all over d country & all d best roads but nobody does study dat ...

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 14th, 2022, 11:14 am

Rapid rail...yuh mean rapid fail

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 14th, 2022, 11:20 am

Rovin wrote:rapid rail for what to sink d country into further billion $ debt for decades & for more millions\bobol to keep maintaining it every year ? , what about all d hundreds of maxis & taxis - to hell was with them ?

why everybody hadda leave all over d country to go POS to access govt services , is decades they talking about decentralizing but never actually doing it

d amt of billions stolen\squandered from d treasury by politicans & their frens throughout d decades we cud have had 3-4 lanes of highways coming\going all over d country & all d best roads but nobody does study dat ...
What alternative do we have?

FACTS: Arsewari needs his rentals to be filled that's not gonna stop unless the IMF comes in play.

DOMA will not allow decentralization of ministries. When businessmen speak , politicians listen.

Most vehicles heading into POS only have one occupant during rush hour periods.

They built these highways with no foresight or vision the engineers before did not expect the boom that occurred where we have cars selling like hot bread.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 14th, 2022, 11:26 am

hover11 wrote:
Rovin wrote:rapid rail for what to sink d country into further billion $ debt for decades & for more millions\bobol to keep maintaining it every year ? , what about all d hundreds of maxis & taxis - to hell was with them ?

What alternative do we have?

FACTS: Arsewari needs his rentals to be filled that's not gonna stop unless the IMF comes in play.

DOMA will not allow decentralization of ministries. When businessmen speak , politicians listen.

Most vehicles heading into POS only have one occupant during rush hour periods.

They built these highways with no foresight or vision the engineers before did not expect the boom that occurred where we have cars selling like hot bread.

Even if you have an "efficient" running public transport be it buses or rapid rail, it will fail.

It would be deemed unsafe and too risky by a large portion of the population, and would continue to utilize their cars.

Fix the crime problem, then everything else will slot into place.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 14th, 2022, 11:29 am

One thing we can be sure of though. If PNM do it, it will be value for money.
If Kamla did it, UNC teef out the Treasury.

Take the highway project. How much the PNM lost getting sued by OAS, and how much UNC spent actually constructing a road to give hundreds of thousands of people access to the country? But PNM one was value for money. Get it now?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”