Standstill POS traffic

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Standstill POS traffic

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 15th, 2022, 9:45 am

Thought experiment:

Decouple govt operations from private businesses in the capital.

Make POS a Business centre, rather than public servant Mecca.

If they're soo hellbent on keeping ministries in one place - find a spot somewhere and build a Government campus for EVERY SINGLE MINISTRY IN POS - maybe in the east - BUT remove all lights between POS and the east first.
Maybe central? The idea is direct and easy highway access to keep traffic flowing even during congestion.

I'm thinking a massive "self contained" type thing with offices, datacenters, public interfaces, and concessions. Leverage Green or Solar carparks to help power the campus.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 15th, 2022, 9:48 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:Thought experiment:

If they're soo hellbent on keeping ministries in one place - find a spot somewhere and build a Government campus for EVERY SINGLE MINISTRY IN POS - maybe in the east - BUT remove all lights between POS and the east first.
Maybe central? The idea is direct and easy highway access to keep traffic flowing even during congestion.

I'm thinking a massive "self contained" type thing with offices, datacenters, public interfaces, and concessions. Leverage Green or Solar carparks to help power the campus.

Tamana Intech Park - Its fully developed from an infrastructure standpoint and substantially vacant except for UTT and eteck.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 15th, 2022, 9:50 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

Tamana Intech Park - Its fully developed from an infrastructure standpoint and substantially vacant except for UTT and eteck.

I thought that was being used inno.

SEND DEY ASS OVER DEY

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 15th, 2022, 10:09 am

This sounds like an excellent idea but what time frame you have in mind for an initiative like this may take.... I say nothing less than 5 years. That's normally the time frame of a government. We all know how bureaucratic the public service is the time taken for procurement and negotiations for such an arrangement would be no less than a two years. Then union intervention, then Doma would have their inputs on how this would negatively impact them. Don't get me wrong it's a great idea but the domino effect after such announcement would stall it. Wish it had short term measures that could bring some relief to the traffic situation as it is that may just be a pie in the sky dream

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 15th, 2022, 10:16 am

If the infrastructure is already there and waiting occupation, a start is identifying ministries that can be moved with the least inconvenience. Take the low hanging fruit as the first domino.

There are some that would require some strict planning and execution down to the minute to minimise disruptions.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 15th, 2022, 10:23 am

Another issue is the removal of the lights. This always baffles me the Churchill Roosevelt highway and the sir Solomon Hochoy highway were both built differently no problem. One was built with traffic lights at every intersection and the other was built with foresight. Where the government that always crying that they just don't have the money even to fix the roads we drive on finding the money to remove the traffic lights and improve the infrastructure on the highway with more interchanges?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 15th, 2022, 10:51 am

we doh even need to wait on a multi million or billion dollar interchange which takes years to ease the current traffic- in the interim all they have to do is just adjust d timing on d lights. overnight results. i shouldn't be getting the red light 3 out of 4 times man :x and i on d major road.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 15th, 2022, 11:07 am

actually you should ... lights are setup in that way, get red on the 1st one and going the set speed limit means you get red on all the others too.

redmanjp wrote:we doh even need to wait on a multi million or billion dollar interchange which takes years to ease the current traffic- in the interim all they have to do is just adjust d timing on d lights. overnight results. i shouldn't be getting the red light 3 out of 4 times man :x and i on d major road.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 15th, 2022, 11:45 am

death365 wrote:actually you should ... lights are setup in that way, get red on the 1st one and going the set speed limit means you get red on all the others too.

redmanjp wrote:we doh even need to wait on a multi million or billion dollar interchange which takes years to ease the current traffic- in the interim all they have to do is just adjust d timing on d lights. overnight results. i shouldn't be getting the red light 3 out of 4 times man :x and i on d major road.

except i not going the speed limit during morning traffic- more like 30-50 kph between lights. and even so the same logic would mean if i get green on the 1st light i should get green on the other 2 lights- that never happens :roll:

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 15th, 2022, 1:05 pm

hover11 wrote:Another issue is the removal of the lights. This always baffles me the Churchill Roosevelt highway and the sir Solomon Hochoy highway were both built differently no problem. One was built with traffic lights at every intersection and the other was built with foresight. Where the government that always crying that they just don't have the money even to fix the roads we drive on finding the money to remove the traffic lights and improve the infrastructure on the highway with more interchanges?

land space. You see how the EW highway have people right up to roadside kaka***e?

It'd be an acquisition nightmare

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 15th, 2022, 1:19 pm

Pres traffic is a real different scene. Plus when ppl decide to go in the opposite direction away from the school when parents lined up to collect and leave again.
Been doing it a year and it seems to have gotten worse.
Phone Surgeon wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
pugboy wrote:2-3:30 school traffic in POS is the worst
It's also fickle, yesterday around this time there was traffic out of Maraval going onto the Savanna, today I'm sitting in the gallery watching the traffic into Maraval extend all the way back onto the Savanna close to Stollmeyers castle while exiting is clear.

hear na
i does hadda pick up my nephew from Pres Chag on evenings

if i we dont leave PCC by 2:33 (2:35 is too late) then its a 35-45 mins traffic to reach back on the highway to go south direction

once we leave by 2:33.....its 10-15 mins to hit the highway

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » September 15th, 2022, 2:52 pm

Looking at it generally, not just POS, when school is closed, there is barely any kind of major traffic. So wouldn't the fact that school being open is the major contributor, is there any adjustments to both school and work life that can help ease the traffic?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 15th, 2022, 3:12 pm

Musical Doc wrote:Looking at it generally, not just POS, when school is closed, there is barely any kind of major traffic. So wouldn't the fact that school being open is the major contributor, is there any adjustments to both school and work life that can help ease the traffic?

in my case some of the school traffic is west bound on the EMR in arouca caused by a school having their entrance on the main road side instead of the side street so every parent dropping off dey child by stopping on the main road- that simple change to the side street can help. the 2 year school lockdown for covid was great for traffic while it lasted :roll:

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » September 15th, 2022, 3:40 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:Looking at it generally, not just POS, when school is closed, there is barely any kind of major traffic. So wouldn't the fact that school being open is the major contributor, is there any adjustments to both school and work life that can help ease the traffic?

in my case some of the school traffic is west bound on the EMR in arouca caused by a school having their entrance on the main road side instead of the side street so every parent dropping off dey child by stopping on the main road- that simple change to the side street can help. the 2 year school lockdown for covid was great for traffic while it lasted :roll:

Exactly. My 10 min drive from penal to sando when school closed now turned to a 40-45 min drive and there is no way to get away from the traffic. I can't wait for december for schools to be closed again lol

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 15th, 2022, 3:48 pm

Today was madness with traffic all over.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 15th, 2022, 4:20 pm

Lot of the schools are in very central prime areas which causes major traffic
The schools own those properties long before the areas became very busy

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 16th, 2022, 6:32 am

If the courts which are still virtual where most of their employees are still working from home nearly any job can be performed at home , cashiers postions they have eliminated, the staff have been given other duties and implemented the online pay system.Any queries are done by use of whatsapp and email communication. Let's keep saying that we still need employees in office to function. Office space only help landlords get richer like arsewari, we in a technological age where we don't have to be physically present to get a task done.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 16th, 2022, 9:14 am

This sheit for brains has been parking in this spot every morning of this week on Independence Square and before the stipulated times indicated on the the no parking signs. That is one of the two turning lanes to go onto Wrightson Road just after Edward Street so you can imagine what he causes and its made worse if others follow him.

Traffic can't ease up when Trinis do not follow the road rules and its impossible to police all roads at all times.

I have much more stories on my morning commute where so much people breach all of the 6am-9am traffic restrictions in El Dorado/Tunapuna environs b/c they can.

123.jpeg

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 16th, 2022, 9:21 am

Dizzy28 wrote:This sheit for brains has been parking in this spot every morning of this week on Independence Square and before the stipulated times indicated on the the no parking signs. That is one of the two turning lanes to go onto Wrightson Road just after Edward Street so you can imagine what he causes and its made worse if others follow him.

Traffic can't ease up when Trinis do not follow the road rules and its impossible to police all roads at all times.

I have much more stories on my morning commute where so much people breach all of the 6am-9am traffic restrictions in El Dorado/Tunapuna environs b/c they can.

123.jpeg

send phillip alexander it on FB,

the shine up will make him stop
or police will go out of the way to wreck he mc or charge him

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 16th, 2022, 11:23 am

Dizzy28 wrote:This sheit for brains has been parking in this spot every morning of this week on Independence Square and before the stipulated times indicated on the the no parking signs. That is one of the two turning lanes to go onto Wrightson Road just after Edward Street so you can imagine what he causes and its made worse if others follow him.

123.jpeg

I feel I'm the only person who does fraid to do that

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 16th, 2022, 12:15 pm

boy i get a ticket in barataria for almost turning into one of those school zones

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 16th, 2022, 6:04 pm

pugboy wrote:boy i get a ticket in barataria for almost turning into one of those school zones

Is that by the big tree in Don Miguel Road? Got one there too.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 16th, 2022, 6:06 pm

no, by the savannah

DMan7 wrote:
pugboy wrote:boy i get a ticket in barataria for almost turning into one of those school zones

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 16th, 2022, 7:17 pm

pugboy wrote:no, by the savannah

DMan7 wrote:

The savannah by the Hindu School?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 16th, 2022, 7:30 pm

by st. george’s
the east west sides are made one way
so they catch a lot of ppl as it is gridlocked

DMan7 wrote:

DMan7 wrote:

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 16th, 2022, 7:32 pm

Can't recall seeing any one way signs there is this recent?
pugboy wrote:by st. george’s

DMan7 wrote:

DMan7 wrote:

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 16th, 2022, 7:33 pm

DMan7 wrote:

DMan7 wrote:

Yea I went down that one way a few times, luckily no police presence. When you're accustomed to it not being 1 way nah.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 16th, 2022, 7:52 pm

those temp one way signs there donkey years as there are schools on the north and south sides of the savannah

its usually idiot traffic wardens who park a little way into the street and hide behind the white maxi they come in
once you even just slightly turn in ticket you and the worst part is they make you park on the same street wrong way and then make you turn around which just makes the traffic worse. a bunch of idiots

hover11 wrote:Can't recall seeing any one way signs there is this recent?

DMan7 wrote:

DMan7 wrote:

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » October 4th, 2022, 7:41 pm

hey ....massive blockage in pos beetham tomorrow? idk where to post this.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » October 4th, 2022, 7:45 pm

Audio circulating around

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”