Forums

piarco immigration

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

piarco immigration

Postby pugboy » August 11th, 2022, 9:50 pm

anybody know if immigration officers still playing the fool?
have to pickup someone tomorrow

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Re: piarco immigration

Postby alfa » August 11th, 2022, 10:08 pm

pugboy wrote:anybody know if immigration officers still playing the fool?

Ent tomorrow is the massive planned protest action? Not sure if immigration in it also

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 11th, 2022, 10:50 pm

carry a piece of roti and fry bodi wrap in wax paper with yuh. Might get through if it comes to a bribe.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 11th, 2022, 11:05 pm

pugboy wrote:anybody know if immigration officers still playing the fool?
Let dem call yuh when they come out of customs.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 12th, 2022, 1:12 am

Got stuck in immigration with a family member over a week ago for nearly an hour in the disability/wheelchair line :shock:

I would have been stuck for 2+ hours if I joined the normal line.

Tell that someone to eat plenty and have earphones just in case to pass time in the line.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 12th, 2022, 1:27 am

whats with all that jam?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 12th, 2022, 6:15 am

st7 wrote:whats with all that jam?

4%

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 12th, 2022, 6:15 am

Theyre also "protesting" for wage increase and not being made permenant in their posts. Like it have people who acting and working overtime and they not getting their overtime pay til a year down the line when ever they calculate it.

So when 8 or 10 immigration officers suppose to come out on a busy Friday night...1 or none coming out.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 12th, 2022, 6:24 am

Ent alyuh self say public servants lazy?Why the beat up? Hope none come out today , the workers have to seek their interests first before anybody else because nobody securing their interests.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 12th, 2022, 6:43 am

hover11 wrote:Ent alyuh self say public servants lazy?Why the beat up? Hope none come out today , the workers have to seek their interests first before anybody else because nobody securing their interests.
"Time the government runs their businesses like a real business and not a parlor."

Any workers who absented themselves without reasonable cause should be subject to disciplinary action but based on the terms and conditions of employment. The employer is at fault for not paying overtime in a timely manner. I wonder if an increase in salary will cause immigration staff to forget about the overtime? But as some here have advocated, "if the politicians not doing anything, why should I do my job?. I am a mindless robot with no sense or education and waiting for the government to hold my hand so I can do what I am contractually obligated to do."

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 12th, 2022, 6:44 am

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:Ent alyuh self say public servants lazy?Why the beat up? Hope none come out today , the workers have to seek their interests first before anybody else because nobody securing their interests.
"Time the government runs their businesses like a real business and not a parlor."

Any workers who absented themselves without reasonable cause should be subject to disciplinary action but based on the terms and conditions of employment. The employer is at fault for not paying overtime in a timely manner. I wonder if an increase in salary will cause immigration staff to forget about the overtime? But as some here have advocated, "if the politicians not doing anything, why should I do my job?. I am a mindless robot with no sense or education and waiting for the government to hold my hand so I can do what I am contractually obligated to do."
I following my leader, leaders lead...do nothing just like them.The way it appears , do nothing and you will be rewarded because that's what we have been doing , rewarding non performers, case in point the present administration. You speak from a sense of disconnect try working on the same salary for 10 years and ever increasing targets and crippling inflation until then you really have no say in what these workers going through.

You hearing yourself, you admit the employer at fault for not paying overtime but then saying if the workers don't show up they failing their contractual obligation, you're a hypocrite bro. Anyway I hope Hinds and Stuart "minister of everything" little come on the counters and process ppl . SLAVERY was abolished.
Last edited by hover11 on August 12th, 2022, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 12th, 2022, 7:06 am

their excuse when the passengers start to make noise is "they" not responsible for the roster.

Phone Surgeon wrote:
Theyre also "protesting" for wage increase and not being made permenant in their posts. Like it have people who acting and working overtime and they not getting their overtime pay til a year down the line when ever they calculate it.

So when 8 or 10 immigration officers suppose to come out on a busy Friday night...1 or none coming out.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 12th, 2022, 8:29 am

hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:

I following my leader, leaders lead...do nothing just like them.The way it appears , do nothing and you will be rewarded because that's what we have been doing , rewarding non performers, case in point the present administration. You speak from a sense of disconnect try working on the same salary for 10 years and ever increasing targets and crippling inflation until then you really have no say in what these workers going through.

You hearing yourself, you admit the employer at fault for not paying overtime but then saying if the workers don't show up they failing their contractual obligation, you're a hypocrite bro. Anyway I hope Hinds and Stuart "minister of everything" little come on the counters and process ppl . SLAVERY was abolished.
As someone who has worked in a unionised state enterprise as well as in the private sector, I could hardly be called a hypocrite or unaware of both sides issues. Call me old fashioned or whatever, I believe in an honest days work, thus I won't wait like the rest of the sheep for the shepherd. But if you are comfortable showing up and collecting a guaranteed salary funded by the taxpayers, nobody here going to change your mind, but it says a lot about character.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 12th, 2022, 8:32 am

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:

As someone who has worked in a unionised state enterprise as well as in the private sector, I could hardly be called a hypocrite or unaware of both sides issues. Call me old fashioned or whatever, I believe in an honest days work, thus I won't wait like the rest of the sheep for the shepherd. But if you are comfortable showing up and collecting a guaranteed salary funded by the taxpayers, nobody here going to change your mind, but it says a lot about character.
I rel confused don't the politicians do it? So lemme know are we in animal farm....do as I say not as I do? We continously vote(renew contracts) for non performers who not making an honest day work but collecting hefty payments religiously, while the ones who getting the work done can't see an increase in pay for over ten years have to just wuk like dog to come now and hear 4%, as if they begging. You claim to be part of the public service at some point in your life, you are aware there are public servants who are clerks make $4800 in the year 2022..wtf 4 %supposed to do for them, these are people that cannot move up even though they have all the qualifications necessary. Anyway i hadda get ready to march cuz only people who in the service presently could speak other than that you on the outside looking in. We alright with politicians doing nothing, accomplishing nothing year after year ,yet still being paid their extravagant remunerations but vex the small men want a lil increase well boi what does that say about us citizens? Is the bigger question.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 12th, 2022, 10:21 am

lawd, hover nanny acting up again. in every ched this man must complain like ah ole tanty who looking to nag.

btw, if you have a problem with your salary for the last ten years and nothing changes, who holding you back from seeking employment elsewhere?

oh that's right -- yourself.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 12th, 2022, 10:25 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:

ah ok. i getcha.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 12th, 2022, 10:26 am

st7 wrote:lawd, hover nanny acting up again. in every ched this man must complain like ah ole tanty who looking to nag.

btw, if you have a problem with your salary for the last ten years and nothing changes, who holding you back from seeking employment elsewhere?

oh that's right -- yourself.
What a dunce, the government's obligation being the employer is mandated, I know that's a big word for you ,but they are supposed to increase the salary every 3 Years based on collective agreements they have failed to do such since 2013. Stick to private sector if you don't know sheit about public sector industrial relations. You even part of a union bro, I'm guessing no so how could you possibly comprehend anything here.
Last edited by hover11 on August 12th, 2022, 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 12th, 2022, 10:32 am

yawwwwnnn

sounds like you just making an excuse so you can keep complaining like a sufferer waiting for that big bonus to reach. i wonder if you willing to wait 8 more years again

probably not -- not everywhere you can sit down, scratch yuh eunuch spot, collect pay for doing nothing, and spend all day on tuner frothing.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 12th, 2022, 4:19 pm

they got thru quick but only because their flight was only one at the time
total of 3 officers at the time

one of whom on the floor who kept going to the local line and shifting groups of locals to the foreign line to help “ease up” any congestion

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”