Forums

Imbert loses case to Jawala, tax payers to pay millions

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Re: Imbert loses case to Jawala, tax payers to pay millions

Postby Kickstart » June 23rd, 2022, 1:04 pm

The_Honourable wrote:State appealing... expected.

Red and ready bawling that it have too much indian in the court hence why "unc lawyers" winning.
Lawyers don't adjudicate cases. For PNM persons to think so means that they don't understand how the courts works.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 23rd, 2022, 1:10 pm

Kickstart wrote:Habit7 and Redman should eat their words
Where are they though they have gone quiet for a while now , probably nothing worth defending and they finally see the red government for the failure that they are.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » June 23rd, 2022, 2:43 pm

matr1x wrote:It should come out of imbert pockets

Exactly! but yuh know how ministers are, gamble with the nations purse and not want to stand any liabilities should any happen.

And where d nex MC ?? still spending we tax payers monies on his personal health checks in Ameer ikah?????

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » June 23rd, 2022, 5:05 pm

Remember when the PNM and their media stooges made it seem like he was the cause of the forex shortages? He was fired 7 years ago.....shouldn't the forex situation be back to normal by now?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 23rd, 2022, 5:07 pm

he also had indicated the recession during howai time afaik and was disssed also

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » June 23rd, 2022, 5:39 pm

It should come out of Randolph pockets. He uses BS as currency

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » June 23rd, 2022, 5:58 pm

Looks like they will have to reduce that 4% back to 2% just to pay off this court case.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 23rd, 2022, 8:27 pm

Another day, another embarrassment for the LFD RFD PNM and their dotish supporters.
Next up, arrogant, unkempt, unethical, lying Arse Wari II

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » June 23rd, 2022, 9:11 pm

This.

Imbert going to buy a next car in 2 years, but I pay for his stupidity daily

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 23rd, 2022, 10:02 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Remember when the PNM and their media stooges made it seem like he was the cause of the forex shortages? He was fired 7 years ago.....shouldn't the forex situation be back to normal by now?

They say he change the system. Have they changed it back as yet 7 years later?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 24th, 2022, 12:13 am

Kickstart wrote:

Red and ready bawling that it have too much indian in the court hence why "unc lawyers" winning.
Lawyers don't adjudicate cases. For PNM persons to think so means that they don't understand how the courts works.

Yeah they know that but red and ready watching the surname of the judge.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 24th, 2022, 6:32 am

Ben_spanna wrote:

Exactly! but yuh know how ministers are, gamble with the nations purse and not want to stand any liabilities should any happen.

And where d nex MC ?? still spending we tax payers monies on his personal health checks in Ameer ikah?????

https://guardian.co.tt/news/pm-doing-ex ... 841caabd28
When you get a jackarse, you don't play with it, you ride it until it dead.
LFD RFD PNM jackarses have this man on our dime, living it up in America under the guise of a official trip. Maybe he got to love the prostate exam a little too much?

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » June 24th, 2022, 7:24 am

The_Honourable wrote:
Kickstart wrote:

Yeah they know that but red and ready watching the surname of the judge.

Thus the reason why the privy council must remain

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 24th, 2022, 7:39 am

they will appeal and cost taxpayers even more with them high priced lawyers

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » June 26th, 2022, 8:01 pm

Standing up for the small man
Jwala Rambarran

The landmark judgment in my favour is one that I receive with mixed emotions. Naturally, I am happy I emerged victorious after what has been a marathon journey for justice over the last seven years.

I am, however, saddened by the fact that the Government compromised the independent office of the Governor of the Central Bank by its ruthless, unfair and unjustified termination of my appointment as governor, in breach of my constitutional rights.

The Government fractured the Constitution and was prepared to break the law by riding roughshod over my rights in its haste to oust me from office. The independence and integrity of the Central Bank was at the heart of my struggle with Minister Colm Imbert. I wanted to protect the institution from political interference. I was also concerned to ensure there was a greater measure of fairness, transparency and public accountability in the allocation of precious foreign exchange—a limited national resource.

My decision to disclose the big businesses that were voraciously consuming the country’s scarce foreign exchange was not taken lightly. As governor, I was convinced the people had a right to know where the country’s US dollars were going because of the sustained and intense public outcry and outrage over the unavailability of US dollars to certain businesses and the average man in the street. Such a disclosure was necessary in the interest of fairness, transparency and accountability. I was of the firm belief that it was necessary to have a system that was equitable, fair and transparent.

How could I, in good conscience, ignore the cries of the poor man who complained bitterly about the frustrating run-a-round he experienced to get a mere US$200 when travelling to visit his family abroad? The banks were telling people they did not have US dollars, when I knew the Central Bank was selling them substantial amounts of foreign exchange on a scheduled basis to meet the shortfall. Where were the US dollars going?

Foreign exchange is the lifeblood of many businesses, regardless of size. Giving the one-per cent business elites unlimited access to foreign exchange whilst the rest of the country struggles to get US dollars to seek urgent medical attention abroad or visit friends and family was neither right nor just. Many businessmen running small and medium companies complain bitterly about the discrimination and unfairness in the inequitable distribution of foreign exchange to the business sector.

Are banks guilty of preserving the status quo in favour of the one-per cent big business by starving small and medium business competitors of vital foreign exchange? If you starve foreign used car dealers of foreign exchange, for example, who benefits?

In recent times, we have witnessed the decline of indigenous business. In fact, an international coffee franchise takes pride of place in the atrium of our national airport. Local entrepreneurs have been struggling to survive and many have foreclosed. We can hardly name any new successful entrepreneur who has risen to join the dizzying heights of profit and financial success enjoyed by the one-per cent business elites. Whilst I was crucified for calling them out, today poor people are still struggling to get a US$200 from their bank.

Small and medium business owners are reduced to borrowing and even renting credit cards from close friends and family to pay overseas suppliers so that they can keep their business afloat. The drastic reduction in the US limits for credit cards ensures that small business could never become big business. Is this by deliberate design because we must all stay in our lane?

I am grateful for the vindication by the courts. If I had a choice to do it all over again, I would remain an advocate for fairness, equity and transparency in the allocation of foreign exchange by the Central Bank in the public interest. Good governance goes hand in hand with public accountability.

It pains me to see the extent to which our economy has been mismanaged. The missed opportunities for growth and development will never come back. So it goes when myopic politicians enter the intricate realm of central banking, and their arrogance and inexperience lead the country down a dangerous and destructive path.

I wish Mr Imbert would stop burying his head in the sand, and confront the raw and harsh reality that faces the average man on a daily basis. Food prices, unemployment and crime have risen to unprecedented levels, and the system for allocating foreign exchange is terribly biased in favour of the one per cent. Unless this is changed, the rest of us will continue fighting for the crumbs that fall off the table of the favoured few.

https://trinidadexpress.com/opinion/col ... 79390.html

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » June 26th, 2022, 8:16 pm

^^^^ PNM is not about the small man

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » June 26th, 2022, 11:06 pm

Kickstart wrote:^^^^ PNM is not about the small man

Which government is, none,

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 27th, 2022, 7:16 am

abducted wrote:

The previous administration did alot more for the small man and the working class/ middle class than this administration did that's a fact. Whether ppl say they thief or what not they gave back. What has this red government done other than apply hardships to the citizenry?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 27th, 2022, 7:23 am

hover11 wrote:
abducted wrote:

The previous administration did alot more for the small man and the working class/ middle class than this administration did that's a fact. Whether ppl say they thief or what not they gave back. What has this red government done other than apply hardships to the citizenry?
They don't want to hear that, as long as is somebody of another race in power, it can't be good

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » June 27th, 2022, 4:10 pm

The termination of employees without due process continues to plague the Gov't.
The former central banker governor may have certainly crossed some confidentiality boundaries but the process adopted in the haste to remove him was very juvenile.
These simple errors seem to be the hall-mark of the Gov't and continue to cost this country money and wasted opportunities (eg the sandals issue and look-out for an invaders bay commess).

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 27th, 2022, 4:14 pm

toyolink wrote:The termination of employees without due process continues to plague the Gov't.
The former central banker governor may have certainly crossed some confidentiality boundaries but the process adopted in the haste to remove him was very juvenile.
These simple errors seem to be the hall-mark of the Gov't and continue to cost this country money and wasted opportunities (eg the sandals issue and look-out for an invaders bay commess).
When is not your money jumping up , you seem to disregard what decisions you make and simply do as you please for political gain. If taxpayers could see exactly how much money they had to foot the bill for by this administration due to silly legal missteps I wonder how they would view them?

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » June 27th, 2022, 4:46 pm

toyolink wrote:The termination of employees without due process continues to plague the Gov't.
Dictatorial ruling , that's all it is. The former governor was very right to expose the level of currency corruption.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 27th, 2022, 5:23 pm

Kickstart wrote:Dictatorial ruling , that's all it is. The former governor was very right to expose the level of currency corruption.

Did the former governor say how he ended up with USD$1million plus in his bank account?

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » June 27th, 2022, 5:39 pm

bluefete wrote:
Kickstart wrote:Dictatorial ruling , that's all it is. The former governor was very right to expose the level of currency corruption.

Did the former governor say how he ended up with USD$1million plus in his bank account?
Maybe you can enlightening us.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 27th, 2022, 5:48 pm

Kickstart wrote:
bluefete wrote:

https://newsday.co.tt/2018/03/09/jwala- ... dnZDEbCLj4

"The matter arose from an article published on the Sunshine’s front page on December 16, 2016 with the headline: “Jwala files for divorce from wife of 20 years” and a page three headline, which read: “Wife removes all money from US$1M joint account.”

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » June 27th, 2022, 10:20 pm

bluefete wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
bluefete wrote:

https://newsday.co.tt/2018/03/09/jwala- ... dnZDEbCLj4

"The matter arose from an article published on the Sunshine’s front page on December 16, 2016 with the headline: “Jwala files for divorce from wife of 20 years” and a page three headline, which read: “Wife removes all money from US$1M joint account.”
Ok Sunshine New Says it all.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 27th, 2022, 10:34 pm

It does not mean it was not true.

You sounding like Zoom for a minute.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » June 27th, 2022, 11:35 pm

bluefete wrote:It does not mean it was not true.

One would think if true then PNM would have run with this story.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 28th, 2022, 7:19 am

Kickstart wrote:

Exactly.Also, if Imbert wife divorces him and bank accounts jump out, 1 million US is pocket change.But we wouldn't talk about him.

Besides,I'm certain Jawala would have had to declare that account to the integrity commission, so it would be 'public' knowledge in any case.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 28th, 2022, 7:21 am

timelapse wrote:
Kickstart wrote:

Exactly.Also, if Imbert wife divorces him and bank accounts jump out, 1 million US is pocket change.But we wouldn't talk about him.

Besides,I'm certain Jawala would have had to declare that account to the integrity commission, so it would be 'public' knowledge in any case.
The integrity commission that still around? Seems politicians seem to get away with murder where that is concerned

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”