TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Youtuber\Foodie\Traveller showcases T&T ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Youtuber\Foodie\Traveller showcases T&T ...

Postby Rovin » June 11th, 2022, 11:28 am

in case yall havent seen it, this guy has been doing an excellent job at promoting T&T's food & our country on his YT channel

this was what i was talking about in various threads in d past to get famous foreign food & travel youtubers that have a huge following to come here to promote us.

Some of these guys have over a million subscribers & some of their videos get 100k to over 1 million views : its a really good medium to get ppl worldwide to see & come here that doesnt cost us millions in ads on traditional media which alot of ppl dont use anymore

d way he quickly stuffs his face u can tell he genuinely likes our food ... :lol:

start from d 1st video here & continue watching d others ... 14 uploaded so far which is great since most others only do a handful on a country
Last edited by Rovin on June 11th, 2022, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Davidsbeenhere - Youtuber\Foodie showcases T&T ...

Postby pugboy » June 11th, 2022, 12:31 pm

yeah with the other TT power couple, shortman and celebrity hairstylist

do people really eat that much doubles 2-3 times a day ?
his guts good to handle all that greasy food he consumed morning noon and night

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 11th, 2022, 12:40 pm

Every video check the comments....trini could spoil every mc ting yes disgusting

But he did a decent coverage of our foods and peru did good although he ah kant still nevertheless...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 11th, 2022, 1:31 pm

^^^ i read some comments in some of davids YT videos & honestly i haven't seen any trinis trash talking in fact everybody seems proud & filled with patriotism , unless u mean on fb ? i didnt read those

davin cud eat plenty like a teen or somebody in their early 20s , i bet he gained a few lbs when he was here

i dont follow , pay attention or care about what jason does in his real life or his online posts - dat doh affect d price of bodi but putting aside personality of his private life : i find he did a very good job taking david around showing him good food & places .... hadda give jack he jacket

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 11th, 2022, 2:34 pm

He would adopt into Trini life easy, he even slipping into the accent a lil bit.
I predict that he will return someday. He probably already having food dreams about all this good lickrishness that he left down here.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 11th, 2022, 2:44 pm

one thing i notice is he makes an effort to pronounce things the local way
even in his other vids at other countries

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » June 11th, 2022, 5:07 pm

Yeah but they carry the man for donkee doubles !!!!

Wtf if I starving to dead,, I still won't eat that.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 11th, 2022, 7:59 pm

on YT i often watch Best ever food review show which i like d most , mickey chen & occasionally mark wiens or others but there are dozens of foodie youtubers out there & earlier this yr is honestly only then i became aware that he existed when i seeing fb ppl started sharing snippets while he was filming here , so when he released d full T&T YT videos that started to come onto fb is only when i started watching 3 wks ago

he said he grew up in miami but his parents came from venezuela decades ago, he has been to vene & guyana too not too long ago , i want to watch his other vids too

even if d food here might be 1 of his favs he may not come back in a while since he has plans for d next 5yrs to visit other places he has never been to , he did 88 countries already & trying to go to others ...

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: " Davidsbeenhere " - Youtuber\Foodie\Traveller showcases T&T ...

Postby gastly369 » June 11th, 2022, 8:35 pm

Sonny from best food reviews ever is the "top dog" when it comes to the genre of videos.... From the video editing quality and consistency, he also gives a background of the people and places
I'll put him on top

Mark "recipe" for videos sorta feels repetitive now, basically eating lots food with the same reactions

It would be awesome to get sonny on our shores some day as he has a muchhhh larger audience and feel he would "market" us better than anyone

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 11th, 2022, 9:07 pm

i used to watch most of them but tbh they kinda all regurgitating the same type of content
and if they come here it will be the same thing
doubles, roti, bake and shark and so one

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

Postby Dizzy28 » June 11th, 2022, 9:32 pm

^^ Sonny is different as he has a professional crew of production people whereas Mark Wiens, Trevor James, David Hoffman etc are one man setups.

I always suspected Sonny was hoping to get picked up by a Netflix or something.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » June 11th, 2022, 10:33 pm

pugboy wrote:yeah with the other TT power couple, shortman and celebrity hairstylist

do people really eat that much doubles 2-3 times a day ?
his guts good to handle all that greasy food he consumed morning noon and night
Yuh come back with this "power couple" nonsense

We doh have dem thing down here bai.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 11th, 2022, 11:24 pm

I'll ask tho... What was candice purpose in the series covered?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 11th, 2022, 11:34 pm

Do we have any videos of healthy eats?

Where are the Trinis having some fresh local lettuce and watercress?

Or a medley of juicy vegetables?

Come on T&T

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » June 11th, 2022, 11:53 pm

^Only MEAT, MEAT and more MEAT. That's all we good for, plenty high blood pressure coming our way as a society and we showing it here for the world to see.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 12th, 2022, 12:23 am

wonder how they rate the airport starbox? would it be oh ma gash!

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 12th, 2022, 12:57 am

That series was filmed since Feb. Long before SB was in the airport.
sMASH wrote:wonder how they rate the airport starbox? would it be oh ma gash!

pugboy
TunerGod

Re:

Postby pugboy » June 12th, 2022, 5:17 am

grease and more grease is the name of the game
many of our local "foodie bloggers" look seriously overweight

MaxPower wrote:Do we have any videos of healthy eats?

Where are the Trinis having some fresh local lettuce and watercress?

Or a medley of juicy vegetables?

Come on T&T

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 12th, 2022, 6:25 am

Let's face it, local foodie bloggers is a set of fat men that will literally eat pitch if there is a hype.I don't take on foodie hype,as usually those foods are very unhealthy.This is also perpetuating a cycle of terrible eating habits.As max said, where the healthy lettuce guys? As much as he was being a smartarse, he has a point.That statement in itself is a reflection of our eating habits as a society.What thise fit foodie guys from yt won't show you is the rigorous exercise routine that they go through to stay pretty for the camera.
Eat healthier guys.You can be better than this.

pugboy
TunerGod

Re:

Postby pugboy » June 12th, 2022, 6:33 am

thats what i notices, all these popular youtube guys dont look overweight

shortman peru was normal sized though

timelapse wrote:Let's face it, local foodie bloggers is a set of fat men that will literally eat pitch if there is a hype.I don't take on foodie hype,as usually those foods are very unhealthy.This is also perpetuating a cycle of terrible eating habits.As max said, where the healthy lettuce guys? As much as he was being a smartarse, he has a point.That statement in itself is a reflection of our eating habits as a society.What thise fit foodie guys from yt won't show you is the rigorous exercise routine that they go through to stay pretty for the camera.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 12th, 2022, 7:05 am

timelapse wrote:Let's face it, local foodie bloggers is a set of fat men that will literally eat pitch if there is a hype.I don't take on foodie hype,as usually those foods are very unhealthy.This is also perpetuating a cycle of terrible eating habits.As max said, where the healthy lettuce guys? As much as he was being a smartarse, he has a point.That statement in itself is a reflection of our eating habits as a society.What thise fit foodie guys from yt won't show you is the rigorous exercise routine that they go through to stay pretty for the camera.
Sonny actually show you his routine he was "tubby" when he also started

Lots of gym and workouts

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 12th, 2022, 7:52 am

Mike Chen (Strictly Dumpling) explained this. He works out a huge amount everyday. However like Rovin said above, that's the power of youth. A bad diet is still a bad diet and it will eventually catch up with age when all the systems are not running at optimal new car age. A little bit of insulin resistance creeping up over 10-15 years. Joints and bones ache from all the long-term inflammation from all the carbs, etc.

https://youtu.be/OxyUHb_QYRE?t=730

In response to a question about staying fit while eating so much, Chen shared his workout routine with his audience, revealing that he runs a 5K every day and brings his pull-up bar on trips abroad in an effort to keep healthy.
https://chicagomaroon.com/article/2020/11/1/strictly-dumpling-talks-food-fitness-identity/

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 12th, 2022, 9:16 am

The husband and wife local foodie couple did a Q+A a time back and addressed the overweight thing. Not a convincing answer IIRC.

My problem with local foodies is that they seem to all want to continue to be good guys and offer uncritical reviews. Any body ever see a bad review?
We food ppl all good?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » June 12th, 2022, 12:23 pm

Also what's the deal with Trini's putting on a front for foreigners? They don't usually interact this way with their own people on a daily basis, changing up their Trini accent, making sure they speaking proper English. It seems like everytime a Trini sees a white foreigner they does get weak in the knees as if they looking for external validation. :roll:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 12th, 2022, 12:46 pm

its the same script each time for the foreigners

"have you had doubles?"
"Have you had bake/shark?"

and carbon copy with foreign music artistes
"what do you think about soca?"

Its a kind of self esteem issue imo

DMan7 wrote:Also what's the deal with Trini's putting on a front for foreigners? They don't usually interact this way with their own people on a daily basis, changing up their Trini accent, making sure they speaking proper English. It seems like everytime a Trini sees a white foreigner they does get weak in the knees as if they looking for external validation. :roll:

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 12th, 2022, 1:23 pm

i dont watch much of d local foodies cause like dizzy say is like everything tasting good ? , then u will see commenters saying allyuh madd if u feel so n so places d food good , they does get pay for advertising\endorsing ppl's food business so it cud be biassed

all d foreign pros foodies do have a fitness regimen & they sometimes show\talk about it , i recall them saying sometimes they take 2 wks off between videos series to do a very strict diet & exercise to keep shape\weight in check

these foodies when they go to different countries they eat what d locals are eating even if its unhealthy, remember thats d whole purpose of going there , cant go by ppl who have their culture & ask for a pure veg or low carb salad or say u eh want to eat this\that - that wud be insulting ... u hadda eat what d locals eating & when u go home or get chance in between burn off all d excess calories ...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 12th, 2022, 1:28 pm

so far in d series iirc only once jason mentioned carnival in d aripita avenue\qps episode

see how we cud have an enjoyable showcase without even d need of mentioning crapnival & all d waseful $$$ d govt throws behind it ... *flame suit on cause i know somebody go light meh up sayin dat

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 12th, 2022, 3:04 pm

Rovin wrote:so far in d series iirc only once jason mentioned carnival in d aripita avenue\qps episode

see how we cud have an enjoyable showcase without even d need of mentioning crapnival & all d waseful $$$ d govt throws behind it ... *flame suit on cause i know somebody go light meh up sayin dat
I agree with you.I used to watch the Miss Universe/ world q&a segment just to see how they could fit carnival into any given topic under the sun.Bleh bleh bleh, and our carnival is the greatest show on earth.Trinis marketing the country to foreigners sound like a broken record .
There is so much more to this place than food and carnival.
You'd never hear:
Come on rainforest tours that not as difficult as the Amazon.
Come snorkeling/scuba diving on a coral reef
Come motorsports events.
Come see an active mud volcano/sulphur springs.
We are wasting a lot of opportunities.Tourists don't always want to come entirely for food and carnival .

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 12th, 2022, 3:29 pm

Rovin wrote:i dont watch much of d local foodies cause like dizzy say is like everything tasting good ? , then u will see commenters saying allyuh madd if u feel so n so places d food good , they does get pay for advertising\endorsing ppl's food business so it cud be biassed

all d foreign pros foodies do have a fitness regimen & they sometimes show\talk about it , i recall them saying sometimes they take 2 wks off between videos series to do a very strict diet & exercise to keep shape\weight in check

these foodies when they go to different countries they eat what d locals are eating even if its unhealthy, remember thats d whole purpose of going there , cant go by ppl who have their culture & ask for a pure veg or low carb salad or say u eh want to eat this\that - that wud be insulting ... u hadda eat what d locals eating & when u go home or get chance in between burn off all d excess calories ...
Check out a guy "trinbago vibes" on YouTube for a local he doing fine.

If de food is sheit he will say it as it is
Decent stuff for a new channel

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 12th, 2022, 5:24 pm

putting aside d politics, crime, bad roads etc problems we have here : those are excellent points timelapse & i sure u only scratching d surface of all d natural beauty of T&T has to offer

YT did bring on my feed d "trinbago vibes" guy about 2wks ago , so far i only watched d Doubles Man at Mosquito Creek & chaguanas main areas walk around ... i have to remember to watch some more of him but when u see i sit down to watch all kinds of stuff on YT hrssss does pass & i does forget

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”