Forums

Whats up with Aeropost Data Security?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Stoick
Ricer

Whats up with Aeropost Data Security?

Postby Stoick » May 27th, 2022, 10:52 pm

So Republic Bank called me today to inform me there was a breach with Aeropost and customers credit card info may have become compromised. So I agreed to have my card cancelled and renewed. This would have come about due to an online purchase I made at Aerpost last week.

Out of curiousity I did a google search to see if there was anything in the news about that breach, or if any others may have posted on forums.

Lo and behold, I came across an article about a similar breach occuring at Aeropost over a month ago.

https://guardian.co.tt/news/aeropost-cu ... ae9edf60f8

I did not know anything about this. If I did, I would have reconsidered making a purchase there.

So it seems that Aeropost did not learn from their previous mistakes. The necessary corrective/preventive measures were not taken, or not effective at all. Whats going on over there? They obviously not taking this thing seriously.

Anyways, please be forewarned. Think twice, or just forget about making any online purchases at Aeropost.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Whats up with Aeropost Data Security?

Postby S_2NR » May 27th, 2022, 11:44 pm

Moral of the story. Do not save your credit card info at Aeropost or any local company.

Stoick
Ricer

Postby Stoick » May 28th, 2022, 12:44 am

Well the thing is that I don't think I have saved cc info at the site. The payment was made via Papyal. So you enter payment details through paypal login. Btw, this was only the second time I paid online. Maybe an Aeropost - Paypal issue? ...curious....

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 28th, 2022, 1:45 am

Sheesh hopefully not this again. I got caught up in the last data breach. Haven’t bought anything via aeropost since tho.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » May 28th, 2022, 5:57 am

Stoick wrote:So Republic Bank called me today to inform me there was a breach with Aeropost and customers credit card info may have become compromised. So I agreed to have my card cancelled and renewed. This would have come about due to an online purchase I made at Aerpost last week.

Out of curiousity I did a google search to see if there was anything in the news about that breach, or if any others may have posted on forums.

Lo and behold, I came across an article about a similar breach occuring at Aeropost over a month ago.

https://guardian.co.tt/news/aeropost-cu ... ae9edf60f8

I did not know anything about this. If I did, I would have reconsidered making a purchase there.

So it seems that Aeropost did not learn from their previous mistakes. The necessary corrective/preventive measures were not taken, or not effective at all. Whats going on over there? They obviously not taking this thing seriously.

Anyways, please be forewarned. Think twice, or just forget about making any online purchases at Aeropost.

You sure it’s not all credit cards from the incident last month and they only now reached you . I doubt it’s a new recurrence . But even with PayPal once you ever used there system they informed the Banks . It was discussed on the forum and the entire Caribbean was informed,aeropost informed customer last month

roadhog
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby roadhog » May 28th, 2022, 7:55 am

I got an email from aeropost about this stating my card wasn’t part of the breach. Low and behold a few weeks later my card making purchases all over the world.
Only other place I used it online was wipay.
So I suspect aeropost doesn’t even know what happened with them and the extent. Have not purchased anything through them since.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » May 28th, 2022, 7:59 am

S_2NR wrote:Moral of the story. Do not save your credit card info at Aeropost or any local company.
Tru..i only pay on amazon.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » May 28th, 2022, 8:42 am

aaron17 wrote:
S_2NR wrote:Moral of the story. Do not save your credit card info at Aeropost or any local company.

I always paid for the item on Amazon. Aeropost just had my credit card for the customs charges. So stuff would just get delivered without me having to follow up on paying them.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » May 28th, 2022, 9:32 am

j.o.e wrote:
aaron17 wrote:

I always paid for the item on Amazon. Aeropost just had my credit card for the customs charges. So stuff would just get delivered without me having to follow up on paying them.

This is the source of the breech . The system where you save your card to auto pay locally . Aeropost spoke to all the banks and either way you should change your card. I was one of the first to get hit and notify my bank and the bank reversed the card replacement fee . Aeropost was upfront about things around a week later

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 28th, 2022, 9:47 am

Aeropost customer service is generally on the decline now. Their customer service manager is a fool too. Hard to recommend them to someone new to skyboxes now.

Stoick
Ricer

Postby Stoick » May 28th, 2022, 10:17 am

If you must do business there, better to pay cash at the counter. Lesson learned.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 28th, 2022, 6:10 pm

again? they could HTWMC

Zalos
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Zalos » May 28th, 2022, 10:04 pm

OP i feel they just flagged you since you bought something there.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”