Forums

Gas station etiquette

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Gas station etiquette

Postby aaron17 » May 15th, 2022, 7:35 am

I dont let anyone full my gas because they wanna overfill it and round it up to the dollar etc.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 15th, 2022, 8:37 am

88sins wrote:Ladies & gentlemen, on this early Sunday morning, I am asking you all to please do me a favor.

learn what is driving etiquette, and please practice it while on the nation's roadways at all times.

thank you in advance

I am with you on this

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » May 15th, 2022, 8:48 am

Not to mention the inconsiderate persons who leave their car to fill up by the pump and then go inside the quik shoppe to buy a few things, all the while having you and others wait for them to return long after the pump has clicked off.

Even worse are the ones who finished filling up, remove the nozzle from the tank and use the spot for parking while they go shopping.

And, usually if you even watch them hard, blow the horn or dare to say something, their inner kragens are unleashed.
Nexus wrote:Allyuh never experience ah driver that see the whole line of cars waiting for the pumps and as a car pull off from the top one, proceeds to jump the line!

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » May 15th, 2022, 9:25 am

costs 280 premium to fill car....put gas valpark and it only took 235 from gas light ..strange. im sure it's premium

btw said good morning to the attendant

bamfo_dennis
Sweet on this forum

Postby bamfo_dennis » May 15th, 2022, 12:21 pm

yuh can mix d white gas n red gas in d same tank? i wuh try premium n see how it does feel yes.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » May 15th, 2022, 12:22 pm

Mercenary wrote:costs 280 premium to fill car....put gas valpark and it only took 235 from gas light ..strange. im sure it's premium

It happens sometimes. My cy1 takes about 300 for 3/4 tank, and when it just dips to a quarter, the pump clicks off at 260ish sometimes.

I sure it have to do with all the vapour in the tank at the time

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 15th, 2022, 12:42 pm

Yeah... That is another thing I got stares for when filling gasoline when it was around 4 for super and 5.75 for premium.

I would usually pay 200 and ask for 125 on the pump first and then 75 after to fill both premium and super.

I think there is like 30 seconds to 1 minute to wait between consecutive pump transactions... Then you have to let the cashier know when to put the second value into the system so that you can continue; usually only required if station is busy.
Enough people pulled in closer behind me thinking I was finished.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 15th, 2022, 12:53 pm

Im really happy to see you Trinis adjusting to the increase in gas prices.

The way you all carry on in the lines, moving your heads side to side and blowing your horn to get your countrymen to get a move on so you can fill your tanks. It’s really remarkable.

Remember, you are Trinis and your culture does not call for allyuh expecting “efficiency” at the petrol pumps.

Tell me about the customer service in this country, tell me about the crime, tell me about the blatant littering, tell me about our behavior in this pandemic. And allyuh talking about “etiquette”? Oh please.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 15th, 2022, 2:37 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
Mercenary wrote:costs 280 premium to fill car....put gas valpark and it only took 235 from gas light ..strange. im sure it's premium

It happens sometimes. My cy1 takes about 300 for 3/4 tank, and when it just dips to a quarter, the pump clicks off at 260ish sometimes.

I sure it have to do with all the vapour in the tank at the time

Full on slower speed and it’ll take more.

I does do full speed til click then wait 10 secs then do slow speed till click again, especially in my diesels

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 15th, 2022, 3:06 pm

Ditto.

Ppl used to say the engine will blow up and the attendants were like you can't do that lol.
kamakazi wrote:Yeah... That is another thing I got stares for when filling gasoline when it was around 4 for super and 5.75 for premium.

I would usually pay 200 and ask for 125 on the pump first and then 75 after to fill both premium and super.

I think there is like 30 seconds to 1 minute to wait between consecutive pump transactions... Then you have to let the cashier know when to put the second value into the system so that you can continue; usually only required if station is busy.
Enough people pulled in closer behind me thinking I was finished.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 16th, 2022, 9:15 am

what's the protocol when man like OP get impatient and try to reverse from the queue and not realize there is a vehicle behind them?
Saw that last night at mc bean. Dude in an old green pickup chook een reverse and slam into the pickup behind him. He lucky nobody was standing behind him

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 16th, 2022, 10:58 am

MG Man wrote:what's the protocol when man like OP get impatient and try to reverse from the queue and not realize there is a vehicle behind them?
Saw that last night at mc bean. Dude in an old green pickup chook een reverse and slam into the pickup behind him. He lucky nobody was standing behind him

3 line!!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”