Forums

Gas station etiquette

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Gas station etiquette

Postby axe » May 13th, 2022, 8:28 am

Tell your family and friends....we will all benefit.

So this fella sees we in a long line by gas station in preysal. Full his gas and went back to line up to get his change...ignoring the horns...

You have to a be a special kind of.....

There were 3 empty parks in front him by the convenience shop.

Please spread the word: You can actually move your car to a parking spot then get your change, then go your way. How do I know? I just did that

From comments yes I guess patience goes a long way.
I wasn't blowing the horn but the person behind.

But I must say I thought that the system would have the details of each transaction

I learn something. Thanks
Last edited by axe on May 13th, 2022, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Gas station etiquette

Postby MaxPower » May 13th, 2022, 8:32 am

axe wrote:

Trini.

It’s a culture thing and in other words, ignorant disgusting typical Trini mentality.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Gas station etiquette

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 13th, 2022, 8:46 am

on the other hand, next thing ah smartman pull up behind yuh and clear out the balance. This is Trinidad, never rule it out

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 13th, 2022, 8:49 am

This is why I always pay with credit card. That line up thing is pain

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 13th, 2022, 9:05 am

S_2NR wrote:This is why I always pay with credit card. That line up thing is pain

This

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » May 13th, 2022, 9:15 am

S_2NR wrote:This is why I always pay with credit card. That line up thing is pain

x2

mero

Postby mero » May 13th, 2022, 9:24 am

Basically.

But I still not moving my car until I get my change even if I pay cash

I'd ask for an excuse in the line to try n get my change faster though. And doh blow no mc horn at me, why trini so impatient? I does rock back and wait for ppl normal normal to finish their transaction

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 13th, 2022, 9:24 am

I was In Ramco Trincity around Sep last year and was around 5th in line. Woman in front me left her car to go in the quick shop. Eventually the line cleared out in front but Miss Lady still in the quick shop. I went pass her car and took the next available pump which would have been the one directly in front of her but 2nd overall.

She come out vex and was arguing and actually told me move but by this time I had already put my money on the pump from the inside and was pumping. Thing is she could have gone to the front pump in our line but I was too close to her front and there was a line in the back of her so she was stuck till I moved.

Generally courtesy is lacking in this country in a big way.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » May 13th, 2022, 9:27 am

U know u can cut the line to collect the change in front of booth right? Ppl always doing that and also the gas station attendants also told me to do that..
Parking also is a good thing...once it have space.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 13th, 2022, 9:30 am

Mero,

You have a point as well.

Ask ourselves, whose fault is it that the lines are long to get back change?

Whose fault is it that there aren’t more petrol pumps?

If the lines were short and the soldier keeping back the line or he farting around then yes, loud him up.

But i think in this case the people blowing up the horn at the wrong person.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » May 13th, 2022, 9:35 am

And there only have one booth outside..but I now know that you can pay inside as well for gas.. also why no implementation of linx at pump? Ppl doh have credit card..
I guess cash is better.. u know we like to follow other countries..skimming at pump.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 13th, 2022, 10:01 am

You do not move until your transaction is complete.You lining yourself up for problems if you move from the pump and have change to collect.This is the least problematic issue in a gas station.Here are other situations that could make a man want to buss your windshield:
I line up patiently behind a car that is last on the line of pumps.Somebody finished from in front and moves.Random jackarse overtakes me and the other car and lines up to the front pump.
Similar situation as 1. except that the genius jackarse goes around the outside lane and REVERSES to the pump.
Car is on the pump, gas has stopped pumping.Owner is over the road buying doubles.This happened to me in Charlieville.

A person going for change is a non-issue as they are well within their rights.

mero

Postby mero » May 13th, 2022, 10:07 am

MaxPower wrote:Mero,

You have a point as well.

Ask ourselves, whose fault is it that the lines are long to get back change?

Whose fault is it that there aren’t more petrol pumps?

If the lines were short and the soldier keeping back the line or he farting around then yes, loud him up.

But i think in this case the people blowing up the horn at the wrong person.
Also, doesn't a terminal need to be manually cleared by the cashier first before other ppl could actually use the pump? So op technically still has to wait for person the get change.

Op angry for nothing first thing in the morning.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 13th, 2022, 10:12 am

So this issue only affects ppl who tank happens to full before they got what they paid for? cuz ah never had this issue mihself. except if it click off $1 or $2 short and i press d pump a couple times again and it reaches the full amount. i suppose with the price increase ppl guessing how much they now have to pay instead of calculating?

it's about a 20% increase for Super and 17% for Premium so it u accustom paying $200 for super then u now pay $240 for the same amount.
Last edited by redmanjp on May 13th, 2022, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 13th, 2022, 10:23 am

redmanjp wrote:i suppose with the price increase ppl guessing how much they now have to pay instead of calculating?

I real maths up the maths last week, worked out where my needle and odo have to be so I could put the 200$ flat (550km)

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 13th, 2022, 10:30 am

aaron17 wrote:And there only have one booth outside..but I now know that you can pay inside as well for gas.. also why no implementation of linx at pump? Ppl doh have credit card..
I guess cash is better.. u know we like to follow other countries..skimming at pump.

now that i have a linx chip and pin visa debit card i was wondering, do these cards work in the pump? i know the normal linx doh work but this one is visa debit.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » May 13th, 2022, 10:41 am

Regardless of wrong or right, nobody can't use the pump anyway. Also if somebody comes with a credit card next, wouldn't the "change" balance be erased with the new transaction?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 13th, 2022, 11:02 am

op, yuh need to practice patience. it go help keep yuh bp down, and you go enjoy life more thoroughly, and for a longer period of time

exactly who do you believe you are, and where you going and what you going there to do that makes you feel it justifies you thinking the world and its occupants must rush or do their business a particular way to facilitate you?
he could have moved, but he didn't. so what? did waiting a couple minutes cause you to suffer financial, physical or emotional injury? did somebody close to you die or get sick or injured or lose money because he didn't conduct his transaction the way you did yours? If not, please explain to us, why you have a random persons method of conducting his business causing you to eat up yourself.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 13th, 2022, 11:06 am

redmanjp wrote:
aaron17 wrote:And there only have one booth outside..but I now know that you can pay inside as well for gas.. also why no implementation of linx at pump? Ppl doh have credit card..

now that i have a linx chip and pin visa debit card i was wondering, do these cards work in the pump? i know the normal linx doh work but this one is visa debit.

Even if you can, I wouldn't advise you use debit at a high traffic terminal like that. More stress if skimmed than a credit card.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » May 13th, 2022, 11:16 am

axe wrote:Tell your family and friends....we will all benefit.

So this fella PDS2407.....sees we in a long line by gas station in preysal. Full his gas and went back to line up to get his change...ignoring the horns...

Please spread the word: You can actually move your car to a parking spot then get your change, then go your way. How do I know? I just did that

Police officers and other folks who get a petrol allowance sometimes have to get a chit-thing signed and a receipt after they full-up. OR, after you pay with your cc, if you need a receipt (again for reimbursement), you have to go in to the cashier.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » May 13th, 2022, 11:17 am

axe wrote:Tell your family and friends....we will all benefit.

So this fella PDS2407.....sees we in a long line by gas station in preysal. Full his gas and went back to line up to get his change...ignoring the horns...

PDS probably does it... 24 7 8-)

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » May 13th, 2022, 11:17 am

Same reason they have the procedure that you do not pay for gas until you are parked at the pump, is also the same reason you do not leave the pump until your transaction is completed. It confuses the whole system. The person after you can either use out the balance of your $ or if they try to use a card to pay at the pump, it gets rejected until the cashier clears it. This is what I was told from a long time ago. Brentwood is the worst when it comes to lining up, especially when the cashiers outside are closed and you have to go inside to pay

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 13th, 2022, 11:18 am

what wrong if a driver leaves his car in front d pump to go for his change - thats his right , some of yall doh have patience with other ppl like a lil bit of time gonna make ur life shorter or will impact ur oh so busy schedule ...

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » May 13th, 2022, 11:24 am

My gas pump . My right .

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 13th, 2022, 11:44 am

op it's SOP everywhere in the world, you don't leave the pump until you complete your transaction. If you move your car and the next car clears the pump, they can't pull up your transaction to give you your change

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » May 13th, 2022, 11:49 am

Axe =Zoom Raider. Same cont behavior

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 13th, 2022, 12:07 pm

Pay for gas...what is that?

Exits thread

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » May 13th, 2022, 12:24 pm

Thanks for replies. I always assumed that when you hung up pump the system would record your transaction.
I learnt something

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 13th, 2022, 1:15 pm

I fill up at a gas station that still operates with attendants to avoid all this nonsense. I am a very loyal customer. There are a few still out there. I not telling where.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 13th, 2022, 1:19 pm

I hung up the pump system many times, parked and went to the cashier.

Trinis slow and lackadaisical, so by they time they take their cool time to come out the car and stare around in space like they mooks that they are, i done get my change and back on the move quick quick.

It can work, but not for the average Trini.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”