TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Progressive Democratic Patriots (PDP)... gone thru already?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Progressive Democratic Patriots (PDP)... gone thru already?

Postby The_Honourable » March 31st, 2022, 9:21 pm

Touchdown... Barataria

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Progressive Democratic Patriots (PDP) land in Trinidad

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 31st, 2022, 11:03 pm

good luck

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 1st, 2022, 8:08 pm

Curepe... PDP seems to be targeting the East-West corridor

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 1st, 2022, 8:48 pm

I Keep telling all yuh , one by one red government safe safe seats is no more.

Keep studying UNC

Ripe Chenette
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ripe Chenette » April 1st, 2022, 8:59 pm

New condiment?! Standard Pnm Ketchup and Unc Mustard, experimental GG Garlic sauce on the way, now PDP cucumber.

Betting $200 on a slight pepper party.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 2nd, 2022, 12:31 am

All Duke need to do is just take one red hot spot seat.

Already two in the bag and one will do in Trini.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 2nd, 2022, 2:24 am

^^

Yes the whole family will there PM Duke !

Duke is the PM of Tobago .

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 2nd, 2022, 6:48 am

Ripe Chenette wrote:New condiment?! Standard Pnm Ketchup and Unc Mustard, experimental GG Garlic sauce on the way, now PDP cucumber.

bhandania ting

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 2nd, 2022, 7:31 am

zoom rader wrote:All Duke need to do is just take one red hot stop seat.

Heard the same about Ashworth Jack. Duke is no Panday.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 2nd, 2022, 8:07 am

SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:All Duke need to do is just take one red hot stop seat.

Heard the same about Ashworth Jack. Duke is no Panday.
Duke is not UNC

The red government already loss Trinidad

Time is Ticking

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 2nd, 2022, 8:54 am

I applaud Duke however I don’t think Trinidadians are prepared to pay $600. for CAL air bridge tickets nor apply for a VISA to visit Tobago lol…but jokes aside, I don’t think we need a Tobagonian party to possibly run for and win an elections to form a government in charge of a treasury to finance an island that lobbied for self governance and they are in absolutely no position to make demands for anything right now. Let’s see where this goes.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 2nd, 2022, 9:03 am

agent007 wrote:I applaud Duke however I don’t think Trinidadians are prepared to pay $600. for CAL air bridge tickets nor apply for a VISA to visit Tobago lol…but jokes aside, I don’t think we need a Tobagonian party to possibly run for and win an elections to form a government in charge of a treasury to finance an island that lobbied for self governance and they are in absolutely no position to make demands for anything right now. Let’s see where this goes.
So its OK for a Trinidad party to run bago but not the other way around?

Dats why Bago will never allow a Trinidad party to ever rule them again.

coltspeed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby coltspeed » April 2nd, 2022, 10:18 am

We all knows who's really at fault here.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 2nd, 2022, 11:48 am

zoom rader wrote:
agent007 wrote:I applaud Duke however I don’t think Trinidadians are prepared to pay $600. for CAL air bridge tickets nor apply for a VISA to visit Tobago lol…but jokes aside, I don’t think we need a Tobagonian party to possibly run for and win an elections to form a government in charge of a treasury to finance an island that lobbied for self governance and they are in absolutely no position to make demands for anything right now. Let’s see where this goes.

Well I would think that's logical not so? Trinidad finances Tobago. The $50M x 2 that went into the Tobago Tourism sector as a result of the pandemic came from the Treasury which is largely supported by the people of Trinidad (and this is just 1 out of the countless examples eh). The THA siphones money from our treasury unto their parallel governance system. The whole model set up to fail from the onset.

IMO it would be dangerous for a Tobago led government to control the treasury when their input into said treasury is very little to zero.

Of course...if I talking kaka I would appreciate someone takes me to school on the matter.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » April 2nd, 2022, 12:45 pm

Basically
FB_IMG_1648917861495.jpg

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 2nd, 2022, 1:05 pm

agent007 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Well I would think that's logical not so? Trinidad finances Tobago. The $50M x 2 that went into the Tobago Tourism sector as a result of the pandemic came from the Treasury which is largely supported by the people of Trinidad (and this is just 1 out of the countless examples eh). The THA siphones money from our treasury unto their parallel governance system. The whole model set up to fail from the onset.

IMO it would be dangerous for a Tobago led government to control the treasury when their input into said treasury is very little to zero.

Of course...if I talking kaka I would appreciate someone takes me to school on the matter.
The $50m x2 was carefully calculated to be given to red government tourism operators and not the people of Tobago.

It was red government giving millions to themselves.

Merle that sell Curry carb did not get any part of that money

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » April 2nd, 2022, 1:26 pm

Tobago comprises less than 4% of our total population but they receive more than 4% of the national budget. Their last allocation was $2.4Bn or 4.5%. The objective of Duke and the PDP is to get 8% of the national budget, so almost twice what they receive now. If they succeed, it means less money to be spent in Trinidad so more suffering for us.

As the article below highlights, that 8% is much greater than the size of their actual economy. They looking to exploit the strategic advantage of their 2 seats so they could live off the money from Trinidad while they continue to contribute very little.

The proposed financing arrangements for Tobago in the Constitution (Amendment) (Tobago Self-Government) Bill are not balanced and fair in relation to financing for Trinidad with a proposed eight percent allocation “not linked in any way to the economic situation or prospects of Tobago or even Trinidad.”
So argued economist, Professor Vanus James, at a public town meeting on Monday night hosted by the group, Tobago in Crisis, to discuss the draft Bill intended to give Tobago self-government. James was one of three speakers who discussed the itemised Bill (Tobago Bill) at a public forum at the Scarborough Library, the others being Caroni Central MP Dr Bhoe Tewarie, and political commentator Winford James.
James, in arguing that the Tobago Bill “gives to the Tobago legislature a budget allocation many times higher than the Gross Domestic Product of Tobago,” noted that this was different to the provisions for Trinidad.
“The issues raised by the Fourth schedule have a bearing on arrangements for financing of Tobago. The eight percent is not linked in any way to the economic situation or prospects of Tobago or even Trinidad. And if you are talking about unfairness, inequality equality of status, and so on, then you have to ensure the provisions that you make for Tobago and for Trinidad are balanced, fair and equitable.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 2nd, 2022, 1:38 pm

Perfectly summed up and contributed. Thanks for that!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 2nd, 2022, 3:27 pm

If tobagonians work at their tourism sector, and develop their petroleum, they don't need Trinidad.
They have more tourism potential than Barbados, if managed well... But with gas to work with, additionally.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 2nd, 2022, 3:35 pm

sMASH wrote:If tobagonians work at their tourism sector, and develop their petroleum, they don't need Trinidad.
They have more tourism potential than Barbados, if managed well... But with gas to work with, additionally.

PNM had 20 years in THA power to achieve that but nah...

Orville was subservient to Manning, and Charles was the same to Rowley.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » April 2nd, 2022, 3:47 pm

Many sentiments expressed suggest that Trinidad and Tobago as a unitary twin island state is a fallacy.
A significant number of citizens born and resident in Trinidad view individuals born and or resident in Tobago as
individuals from another distinct and different country with no shared interests, values or national purpose.
This reality of differentiation will always yield disfunctionalism in governance, people to people relationships and commitment to same purpose.
The net impact under such conditions is an inability to achieve truly significant national benefits from shared resources.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 2nd, 2022, 3:51 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Tobago comprises less than 4% of our total population but they receive more than 4% of the national budget. Their last allocation was $2.4Bn or 4.5%. The objective of Duke and the PDP is to get 8% of the national budget, so almost twice what they receive now. If they succeed, it means less money to be spent in Trinidad so more suffering for us.

As the article below highlights, that 8% is much greater than the size of their actual economy. They looking to exploit the strategic advantage of their 2 seats so they could live off the money from Trinidad while they continue to contribute very little.

The proposed financing arrangements for Tobago in the Constitution (Amendment) (Tobago Self-Government) Bill are not balanced and fair in relation to financing for Trinidad with a proposed eight percent allocation “not linked in any way to the economic situation or prospects of Tobago or even Trinidad.”
So argued economist, Professor Vanus James, at a public town meeting on Monday night hosted by the group, Tobago in Crisis, to discuss the draft Bill intended to give Tobago self-government. James was one of three speakers who discussed the itemised Bill (Tobago Bill) at a public forum at the Scarborough Library, the others being Caroni Central MP Dr Bhoe Tewarie, and political commentator Winford James.
James, in arguing that the Tobago Bill “gives to the Tobago legislature a budget allocation many times higher than the Gross Domestic Product of Tobago,” noted that this was different to the provisions for Trinidad.
“The issues raised by the Fourth schedule have a bearing on arrangements for financing of Tobago. The eight percent is not linked in any way to the economic situation or prospects of Tobago or even Trinidad. And if you are talking about unfairness, inequality equality of status, and so on, then you have to ensure the provisions that you make for Tobago and for Trinidad are balanced, fair and equitable.

While threatening to secede and use the oil and gas revenue entirely for Tobago :?
All this while calmly not accounting for a black cent spent in ages. Kinda like Carnival

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » April 2nd, 2022, 3:56 pm

sMASH wrote:
Ripe Chenette wrote:New condiment?! Standard Pnm Ketchup and Unc Mustard, experimental GG Garlic sauce on the way, now PDP cucumber.

bhandania ting

So Trini politics is KFC condiments? Checks out.

No wonder there's no blue party.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 2nd, 2022, 4:18 pm

You all have to understand that the red government created the dependency syndrome. They created Tobago tobe a slave plantation .

Tobago asking for more that what they worth is all part of red government ministers enriching themselves.

The real folks of Tobago don't see that money

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 2nd, 2022, 6:28 pm

zoom rader wrote:You all have to understand that the red government created the dependency syndrome. They created Tobago tobe a slave plantation .

Tobago asking for more that what they worth is all part of red government ministers enriching themselves.

The real folks of Tobago don't see that money
Sad but true.I hope they get over the calcutta ship chain up that ketchup puts on them

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 2nd, 2022, 7:41 pm

Before 1962 , Tobago was a self supporting Islands. They were in to fishing & farming ,supplying the other islands and UK with produce.

Then came the red government with massa day done BS . They pulled bago ppl away from farming and put them in to government and THA jobs. They killed farming.

They also killed Bago Skilled workers in the building industry. Image injun workers are being imported to work in the building industry. Trinidad injun contractors getting the bago jobs.

So tell me what the red government has done for Bago?

Bago has every right to take what is theirs , these people have been abused.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 2nd, 2022, 9:06 pm

zoom rader wrote:Before 1962 , Tobago was a self supporting Islands. They were in to fishing & farming ,supplying the other islands and UK with produce.

Then came the red government with massa day done BS
. They pulled bago ppl away from farming and put them in to government and THA jobs. They killed farming.

They also killed Bago Skilled workers in the building industry. Image injun workers are being imported to work in the building industry. Trinidad injun contractors getting the bago jobs.

Zoom, you left out something very, very important.

In 1963, Hurricane Flora devastated the economy of Tobago.

That was when they became dependent on the PNM who pulled them away from agri etc.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 3rd, 2022, 8:22 am

zoom rader wrote:Before 1962 , Tobago was a self supporting Islands. They were in to fishing & farming ,supplying the other islands and UK with produce.

Then came the red government with massa day done BS . They pulled bago ppl away from farming and put them in to government and THA jobs. They killed farming.

And they get it every year to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars, for which we have no accounting for. This facilitates million dollar ropes, Manta Lodge purchases and Shirvan Developments. It needs to STOP. EVERYONE is entitled to their fair share, but your fair share comes with the very basic responsibility to account for it.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 3rd, 2022, 12:03 pm

De Dragon wrote:

And they get it every year to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars, for which we have no accounting for. This facilitates million dollar ropes, Manta Lodge purchases and Shirvan Developments. It needs to STOP. EVERYONE is entitled to their fair share, but your fair share comes with the very basic responsibility to account for it.
That Billions of $$$ does not reach or serve the people of Tobago.

It goes back to red government family and friends.

Since 1962 Tobago is undeveloped yet still Billions just pass through

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 3rd, 2022, 4:11 pm

He was in San Juan yesterday, he reach Beetham today... fitzy might be in trouble

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”