Forums

Gary Griffith says he wants to run for Prime Minister

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Gary Griffith says he wants to run for Prime Minister

Postby abducted » March 26th, 2022, 3:02 pm

FORMER commissioner of police (CoP) Gary Griffith, in a statement on Friday, said he has moved on from an interest in the CoP post to now eyeing the Prime Minister's position. The statement was sent to media houses and posted on Facebook.

He said the new Police Service Commission (PSC) has changed the criteria for the selection of a new CoP so as to consider only career police officers.

"If this was done to satisfy the political will of (Prime Minister) Keith Rowley and (Minister of National Security) Fitzgerald Hinds, which as everyone knows is to prevent me from reapplying for the post," Griffith said, "let me say that these efforts were not warranted, since I've long moved on and I'm now fully focused on the office Keith Rowley now holds."

He lamented that the new PSC's move now ignored the many achievements under his tenure, and debarred highly qualified and capable individuals like him from leading the police.

The criteria are now more specific with regard to policing experience, training and the nature of master's degrees candidates must have.

Griffith said that shift neglected international precedents.

"Jamaica has a member of their Defence Force heading their police. New York City doesn’t not even (sic) allow serving members of their police department to be CoP, in order to avoid issues of collusion and corruption born out of familiarity.

"But the most egregious aspect of this new move by the PSC, however, is that it ignores the will of the people who saw what someone from outside the service could do in reducing crime by record numbers, and who made them feel safe and secure from the tyranny that they now face daily from the criminals in our midst."

While he was proud of his results as CoP and has moved on, he lamented the PSC's move will now reduce the pool of possible applicants for the post and exclude many capable individuals.

"In modern policing, the most important element to get the best results, is not that one must be a police officer, but that one should possess the right leadership qualities to get the job done."

Griffith complained that the PSC's action exposed alleged flaws in the Constitution which gives the Prime Minister too much power, such as appointing the President who in turn appoints service commissions like the PSC, which Griffith alleged were all beholden to the PM.

"Having now seen and experienced this with three consecutive PSCs, firstly the UNC appointed-PSC moving me to fourth on the merit list despite me topping all eight assessments for a total of 89.14 per cent, the Bliss Seepersad PSC illegally withdrawing another merit list I topped, and now this new PSC making policy that aligns with the desires of Rowley, I can say that constitutional change is badly needed.

"This is why as I focus on my future service to Trinidad and Tobago, I want to assure that any government that I will be a part of will be one of inclusion, empowering citizens and transforming the country in ways never before seen."

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/03/25/griffith-eyes-pm-post/

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Gary Griffith says he wants to run for Prime Minister

Postby RedVEVO » March 26th, 2022, 3:05 pm

^^

Gary will make T&T HUGE again !

Ripe Chenette
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ripe Chenette » March 26th, 2022, 3:28 pm

PMN ketchup, UNC mustard and the brand new Gary Garlic sauce

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » March 26th, 2022, 3:28 pm

For all his flaws and narcissistic nature, people go still vote for him because they've had enough of Rowley and Kamla.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 26th, 2022, 3:50 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:For all his flaws and narcissistic nature, people go still vote for him because they've had enough of Rowley and Kamla.

Yes his wife and child are of voting age :lol:
Seriously, if Geeyore wasn't an attention whore, I'd take him more seriously.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 26th, 2022, 3:53 pm

Gary in for the shock of his life, if he think online popularity translates to votes.
He using Philip's populist handbook, and that's turned out quite well for the PEP or whatever flavour of the week they using now.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 26th, 2022, 4:11 pm

Anything better than Rowlee now

Even Jagdeo

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » March 26th, 2022, 4:36 pm

I'll listen to what anyone has to say at this point. Hope more people throw their hats in the ring. This two party monopoly doing nothing for regular people and only fueling racists and kants.

solarkh
3NE 2NR for life

Postby solarkh » March 26th, 2022, 5:05 pm

He has my vote

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 26th, 2022, 6:37 pm

this

VexXx Dogg wrote:Gary in for the shock of his life, if he think online popularity translates to votes.
He using Philip's populist handbook, and that's turned out quite well for the PEP or whatever flavour of the week they using now.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » March 26th, 2022, 6:50 pm

Ripe Chenette wrote:PMN ketchup, UNC mustard and the brand new Gary Garlic sauce
Smoke?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 26th, 2022, 7:03 pm

As mentioned in the police ched, Gary's brand may be able to pull off a minor win here and there but just like COP with Dookeran and ILP with Warner, it will just be 15 minutes of fame. He is not going to win an election because we still not ready for a third party.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » March 26th, 2022, 7:04 pm

Poor fella gonna lose his deposit

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 26th, 2022, 7:28 pm

Smiles in pain

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 26th, 2022, 7:30 pm

he not poor

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » March 26th, 2022, 7:41 pm

The_Honourable wrote:As mentioned in the police ched, Gary's brand may be able to pull off a minor win here and there but just like COP with Dookeran and ILP with Warner, it will just be 15 minutes of fame. He is not going to win an election because we still not ready for a third party.

And lose deposit to

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 26th, 2022, 7:53 pm

when you brainwash yourself it is a hell of a thing
look how pea getting licks and each time say he retiring from it then decide to go back again

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 26th, 2022, 7:54 pm

GG does NOT have my vote.

I have seen what i needed to see.

He failed the people as a COP, and he will fail the people as PM.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 26th, 2022, 10:33 pm

He has a chance. If he wins a seat or two he will be needed to form a coalition.

Once a party can get at least a seat, it gives them some chips to play with in the political poker table. Whether it's to form an opposition or a Government, he will be needed and if he is as narcissistic as some claim him to be, then he can be sold to the highest bidder for a nice posting because fella has a point to prove.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 27th, 2022, 1:09 am

agent007 wrote:He has a chance. If he wins a seat or two he will be needed to form a coalition.

Once a party can get at least a seat, it gives them some chips to play with in the political poker table. Whether it's to form an opposition or a Government, he will be needed and if he is as narcissistic as some claim him to be, then he can be sold to the highest bidder for a nice posting because fella has a point to prove.
Ole creole not going to vote GG

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 27th, 2022, 4:05 am

zoom rader wrote:Ole creole not going to vote GG

Zoom,

I am not a ole creole and i am not voting for this loser.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 27th, 2022, 5:46 am

he aint getting no pnm votes esp with his continued spats
so the talk of splitting votes is a non-issue

if anything he will mainly get PEA votes and a handful of COP votes and maybe some UNC fence votes which basically amount to nothing at the end of the day

zoom rader wrote:
agent007 wrote:He has a chance. If he wins a seat or two he will be needed to form a coalition.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » March 27th, 2022, 6:41 am

Last edited by SuperiorMan on March 27th, 2022, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 27th, 2022, 6:44 am

MaxPower wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Ole creole not going to vote GG

Zoom,

I am not a ole creole and i am not voting for this loser.
You sure about that?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 27th, 2022, 8:58 am

pugboy wrote:he aint getting no pnm votes esp with his continued spats
so the talk of splitting votes is a non-issue

if anything he will mainly get PEA votes and a handful of COP votes and maybe some UNC fence votes which basically amount to nothing at the end of the day

zoom rader wrote:

That's basically what I said.

The African mind is locked away. Its one of reasons that's holding back Africans trini folk.

Other voters will look for options when voting and will change their vote to what suits them. Most Africans are enslaved to vote for an African party cause its a blackman leading it and they can't see out of the box.

If Faris or a non African was leading the red government, do you think Africans will vote? They will abstain .

Africans have remained at the bottom yet still the African party at the top only sees about themselves and the so-called Elites.

Trinidad is stupid country

bamfo_dennis
Sweet on this forum

Postby bamfo_dennis » March 27th, 2022, 9:34 am

make sure 2 donate money for d grift

coltspeed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby coltspeed » March 27th, 2022, 9:46 am

Need to finish between leg highway project for Kam's.

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » March 27th, 2022, 10:29 am

Everything for Zoom Rader is about race, like a “ole creole” broke his heart, he can’t have a conversation without being racist,

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » March 27th, 2022, 11:48 am

Like you forget COP split UNC votes and took some from PNM.

It always amazes me that people don't see you need that middle voter, the one who isn't hard-core PNM but voted NAR, COP, PP in the past. They account for almost 20% of voters. In 2007 a large segment of these voters voted COP, then PP in 2010 and PNM in 2015. Last election they mostly stayed away and those that did vote, was split equally between PNM and UNC

Gary is far more well liked than Kamla. If he gets a few UNC stalwarts to move across and attract some new vibrant and smart young persons (something UNC sorely lacks) he stands a very good chance of winning a few seats.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 27th, 2022, 11:50 am

abducted wrote:Everything for Zoom Rader is about race, like a “ole creole” broke his heart, he can’t have a conversation without being racist,
Those are just the facts unless you can prove otherwise.

No red government ppl who are mainly African is going to vote to GG.

If GG was black then the outcome maybe different.

Race is a big factor in Trinidad voting patterns, if you can't see this then continuing living in box

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”